PDA

View Full Version : Slow learners?

Naki Rat
9th April 2020, 18:58
First the roving hoards clean the supermarkets' shelves of flour and now they're doing the same with hot cross buns! Don't these numpties know how to bake their own Easter bakery items??

pritch
9th April 2020, 19:05
First the roving hoards clean the supermarkets' shelves of flour and now they're doing the same with hot cross buns! Don't these numpties know how to bake their own Easter bakery items??

They should do. The hoarders already bought all of the flour and other baking supplies.

Berries
9th April 2020, 19:54
I have no idea why but it tends to happen every year about now.

TheDemonLord
9th April 2020, 22:16

How does one bake Hot Cross Buns with no flour?

Naki Rat
9th April 2020, 22:32
How does one bake Hot Cross Buns with no flour?My assumption was that the same people that cleaned the flour out are the ones now plundering the hot cross buns.

caspernz
9th April 2020, 22:46
My assumption was that the same people that cleaned the flour out are the ones now plundering the hot cross buns.

Failed Detective 101?

F5 Dave
10th April 2020, 08:21
Maybe we need to design a bun with a more sacrilegious symbol on it?

Oakie
10th April 2020, 09:30

A Coronavirus image perhaps?

jato
10th April 2020, 09:57

So long as they taste the same... Early 80's myself and a mate set off to Ruapuna a couple of of days early for the traditional easter GP meeting with view to get some practice in, as the forecast for the saturday was dodgy and both of us needed to learn the track properly. So we paid our $30 or whatever possibly at a gas station but had to pick up the key to the track from an address in the suburbs.. Part way there and a cold misty drizzle started - hmmm my bike was a bastard in the wet ... so walking up the driveway to get the key there is the unmistakeable aroma of hot cross buns, knocked on the door and a lady opened it and said you look cold , would you like some hot cross buns ? (the kitchen table was covered with them and there was a hot batch on the oven door) "yes please, but i've got a mate in the van as well" so she gave us a the whole batch of the hot ones. man they were nice but by the time we got to the track we were so full it was hard enough to get the bikes out of the van let alone cut a decent line through the esses.

Laava
10th April 2020, 10:44
Kaveys Hot Multicultural buns!
https://www.kaveyeats.com/files/2016/03/Kaveys-Hot-Multicultural-Buns-1-mini-1.jpg

Berries
10th April 2020, 13:05
Hope you are going to bake them.

sidecar bob
10th April 2020, 13:11
Gender specific buns.
I've eaten the female & the gender fluid so far.

Swoop
10th April 2020, 13:55
I'm trying to work out how people who "survive" on takeaways are managing to cope?
Those families who have a different brand of fast food every night must be finding the weight falling off.

As for hot cross buns, it is more of a + symbol on the tops, rather than an X pattern. I'm guessing the consumers of such foods are praying to the gods of algebra?

Laava
10th April 2020, 14:10
Gender specific buns.
I've eaten the female & the gender fluid so far.

Jeepers! I read that as " I have eaten the female gender fluid so far" at first glance!
Best I get to fuckin specsavers!

Gearup
10th April 2020, 20:56
I'm trying to work out how people who "survive" on takeaways are managing to cope?
Those families who have a different brand of fast food every night must be finding the weight falling off.

They probably just swap it for Watties, Tegel or McCain frozen fries and chicken nuggets etc.

caspernz
10th April 2020, 21:16

Yeah one of our neighbours is in that category. My take was no snipers on the ridges, no incoming mortars, no big deal. He didn't like it...:rolleyes::baby:

F5 Dave
10th April 2020, 21:19
Does Ošinn not get a look in?

speedpro
12th April 2020, 10:46
There'll be young kids missing their one meal a day for sure. At HNZ I knew tenants who had absolutely no idea how to prepare food, beyond toast.

sidecar bob
12th April 2020, 11:13
There'll be young kids missing their one meal a day for sure. At HNZ I knew tenants who had absolutely no idea how to prepare food, beyond toast.

The threat of starvation is a great motivator.
I was near the same when my marriage split many years ago, now my roast dinners & Shepard's pie are legendary.
It's not really that hard or expensive to heat good food for long enough until its palatable.:facepalm:
I appreciate you already know that.

speedpro
16th April 2020, 14:27
You probably have a microwave oven. You also probably don't think that takeaways are cheaper than the electricity to use the stove(not kidding). You probably also get out of bed before mid afternoon

sidecar bob
16th April 2020, 16:27
You probably have a microwave oven. You also probably don't think that takeaways are cheaper than the electricity to use the stove(not kidding). You probably also get out of bed before mid afternoon

Yes, yes, we do have a microwave, and were not afraid to use it:2thumbsup
I stood in for a rural postie a while back, I've met people that I doubt ever open the curtains, step out of their dressing gown, or open a window.
Theres a fair few cooking shows on TV, especially at the moment.
Nadia Lim is currently making plain old staples look delicious.

jellywrestler
16th April 2020, 16:47
I've met people that I doubt ever open the curtains, step out of their dressing gown, or open a window.
. yeah I know Warwick demmocks too