PDA

View Full Version : The journey that COVID-19 will take us on

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

R650R
27th October 2020, 12:02
Weren't you the guy that earlier claimed it was only an alleged virus in NZ?

So is the virus alleged? or the cases of the virus alleged? or the number of cases?
I am genuinely interested.

The position of the adjective and the noun should give you your answer...
But if you were away that day at school I’ll fill the blanks in for you...

I dispute the accuracy of the test being used... anyone with a technical mind who reads up about how the “testing” works will realise it’s shortcomings.
Hence the number of “cases” can be questioned.

The maths alone shows two things, either that the virus doesn’t spread easy or it’s not that lethal...

It’s not even important anymore if the virus is real or not, it’s just a distraction from the massive changes to our rights and freedoms happening in the background which will do far more damage than the virus.

Oh if you’ve found an electron microscope picture of the virus I’d love to see it. Cause you see NO ONE has managed to isolate a culture of the virus itself yet, which is kinda odd given the resources thrown at it. Instead the media keeps flashing fancy photoshop composite artwork on TheVine news.
https://youtu.be/T5dWbxwoCZI
Please hand your homework in by 9am

R650R
27th October 2020, 12:05
In Britain some idiots are suggesting a break from the virus restrictions. A "ceasefire" such as the one that occurred in the trenches during WW1. How they propose to get the virus to cease firing was not explained.

Then there's this:

Well the virus knows not to go to PaknSave or takeaway food outlets so it might be happy to accomodate new requests. The virus only attacks cruise ships, rest homes, independent small businesses and tourist operations.

husaberg
27th October 2020, 16:56
The position of the adjective and the noun should give you your answer...
But if you were away that day at school I’ll fill the blanks in for you...

I dispute the accuracy of the test being used... anyone with a technical mind who reads up about how the “testing” works will realise it’s shortcomings.
Hence the number of “cases” can be questioned.

The maths alone shows two things, either that the virus doesn’t spread easy or it’s not that lethal...

It’s not even important anymore if the virus is real or not, it’s just a distraction from the massive changes to our rights and freedoms happening in the background which will do far more damage than the virus.

Oh if you’ve found an electron microscope picture of the virus I’d love to see it. Cause you see NO ONE has managed to isolate a culture of the virus itself yet, which is kinda odd given the resources thrown at it. Instead the media keeps flashing fancy photoshop composite artwork on TheVine news
Please hand your homework in by 9am

Oh how funny........
How about you answer the questions they were pretty simple. Instead of just attempting to weasel out of it.
So is the virus alleged? or the cases of the virus alleged? or the number of cases?
do you actually have any credible supporting evidence to support your theories?

If you knew anything much about any PCR or antigen antibody or any other biological test. you would know no test will ever be 100% so using that as an excuse to avoid the question is pretty sad.
The fact it has killed so many people over the whole world. (this is a fact not a theory) shows it spreads rapidly and is deadly enough and if it mutates further and reaches the same level of deadliness as Sars it could kill 10% of people infected with it.
this is what happened with sars. Only it wasn't as contagious as Covid 19
The rest of your post is more conspiracy theory.
I will give you a hint, you don't know more than the health authorities do. You really don't.

F5 Dave
27th October 2020, 17:44
Yeah I'm unsubscribing. Just more bat shit crazy pub rants. Dont waste your breath. Hes like a Trump supporter. Made up his mind and his warped social media bubble just points to more Alt Facts (bullshit).

FJRider
27th October 2020, 19:05
Well the virus knows not to go to PaknSave or takeaway food outlets so it might be happy to accomodate new requests. The virus only attacks cruise ships, rest homes, independent small businesses and tourist operations.

And you earlier mentioned your concerns about door knocking canvassers ... unless you can mention a case where one of them was actually accused/suspected of spreading the (alleged ??) virus ... you might as well add them to your above list.

The National Road toll is caused by the premise ... that "It won't happen to them".

And the longer they continue without an issue ... the more they believe it to be true.

And the longer people go on with their lives ... without knowing (personally or otherwise) anybody with the virus ... the less chance they believe they have of getting it.

That being true or false (in either of the above two groups) is actually irrelevant ... But that's the way many like to bet.

With their (and their families) lives.

husaberg
27th October 2020, 19:06
Yeah I'm unsubscribing. Just more bat shit crazy pub rants. Dont waste your breath. Hes like a Trump supporter. Made up his mind and his warped social media bubble just points to more Alt Facts (bullshit).

In fairness I think he's a trump supporter as well............

pritch
29th October 2020, 09:24
For some time Trump rallies have been referred to as super spreader events. The figures are out now and the rallies leave behind a county with a big increase in COVID cases compared to the rest of the state.

This one though was special in a number of ways. Still it's hard to be sympathetic, it's just Darwinism at work. You'd have to be special kind of stupid to go to one of these things.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/10/28/trump-omaha-supporters-stuck-cold/

pritch
29th October 2020, 09:59
The British government in recent years has a history of paying millions to companies for work it subsequenty transpires the company can't do. An outstanding example was the awarding of a contract for shipping to a company that had no ships and no port, but it did have a terms of service contract lifted from a pizza shop. When the stupidity of the situation finally dawned on the politicians the contract was cancelled. The company then sued and won a milions for breach of contract.

The story is here for anyone interested. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/09/government-cancels-brexit-ferry-contract-with-no-ship-firm

And so to their latest effort involving pandemic contact tracing.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/oct/28/england-coronavirus-covid-test-and-trace-teenagers

husaberg
29th October 2020, 18:47
The British government in recent years has a history of paying millions to companies for work it subsequenty transpires the company can't do. An outstanding example was the awarding of a contract for shipping to a company that had no ships and no port, but it did have a terms of service contract lifted from a pizza shop. When the stupidity of the situation finally dawned on the politicians the contract was cancelled. The company then sued and won a milions for breach of contract.

The story is here for anyone interested. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/09/government-cancels-brexit-ferry-contract-with-no-ship-firm

And so to their latest effort involving pandemic contact tracing.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/oct/28/england-coronavirus-covid-test-and-trace-teenagers

A local district council awarded a contract for tourist a town it turned out the company was a cake decorating firm that was alledegedly owned by an assosciate of one of the council employees.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/90384093/westland-district-council-awards-cake-decorators-firm-7-million-contract-to-build-sewage-plant
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/335172/cake-decorator-s-company-loses-west-coast-water-treatment-contract
https://www.sfo.govt.nz/vivek-goel

pritch
30th October 2020, 08:06
A local district council awarded a contract for tourist a town it turned out the company was a cake decorating firm that was alledegedly owned by an assosciate of one of the council employees.

With so many newspapers struggling this is a major concern. If there is no reporter sitting in on the local Council meetings, dirty deeds for mates will become the norm.

husaberg
30th October 2020, 16:42
With so many newspapers struggling this is a major concern. If there is no reporter sitting in on the local Council meetings, dirty deeds for mates will become the norm.
Sometimes it seems the corruption is worse in small people, maybe because we notice.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/635659/Lawyers-struck-off-for-professional-misconduct.
That said NZ is consistently one of the least corrupt countries in the world.

R650R
31st October 2020, 18:42

But the govt NEVER lies to or defrauds its people, otherwise a conspiracy would exist ;p

husaberg
31st October 2020, 19:17
But the govt NEVER lies to or defrauds its people, otherwise a conspiracy would exist ;p

if you read both examples the fraud was committed by individuals.

R650R
4th November 2020, 12:28
if you read both examples the fraud was committed by individuals.

Content redacted

scumdog
8th November 2020, 19:52

Meh, that's just the way Governments roll...

pritch
11th November 2020, 21:00
The Pfizer news that they have a COVID 19 vaccine that is effective on 90% of patients is good news. The US stock market thought so too.

Mike Pence tweeted as follows:
The @WhiteHouseCoronavirus Task Force met today to discuss BIG news out of @pfizer this morning.
Under President @realDonaldTrump, we are working at Warp Speed to deliver a Safe & Effective vaccine. This President is DELIVERING for the American People. https://pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-announce-vaccine-candidate-against

Which is lovely and all except that, as Pfizer were quick to point out, they were not part of Operation Warp Speed, and they had accepted no government money. Therefore no credit was due Trump or Pence. Pfizer had been operating independently of the government effort, all credit is theirs.

R650R
14th November 2020, 13:47
Broadcast on mainstream fact checked news so must be true ...
https://youtu.be/uEZk2_3T3j8

Kickaha
14th November 2020, 14:37
Which is lovely and all except that, as Pfizer were quick to point out, they were not part of Operation Warp Speed, and they had accepted no government money. Therefore no credit was due Trump or Pence. Pfizer had been operating independently of the government effort, all credit is theirs.

Yeah they sort of are part of it and took 1.95 billion for advanced purchases but funded their own R & D

https://spectator.us/pfizer-warp-speed-coronavirus-vaccine/

Viking01
18th November 2020, 14:27
https://summit.news/2020/11/16/forced-vaccination-law-in-denmark-abandoned-after-public-protests/

pritch
18th November 2020, 14:59
Yeah they sort of are part of it and took 1.95 billion for advanced purchases but funded their own R & D

https://spectator.us/pfizer-warp-speed-coronavirus-vaccine/

That's a somewhat one eyed report. My understanding was that Pfizer US accepted no development money because a European branch of the company had come up with the vaccine originally. Pfizer say the money they will receive is for distribution.

Viking01
21st November 2020, 10:25
https://www.globalresearch.ca/leading-covid-vaccine-candidates-plagued-safety-concerns/5729982

RDJ
21st November 2020, 14:40
So: we're supposed to love a vaccine that inserts itself into cellular genetic material and which has been tested in very few people compared to potentially eligible billions, and that small group followed up only for 2 months after injection...

- what about longer-term auto-immune enhancement, (illness brought on by the imported virus material's interaction with other cells)?

- it has to be supercooled ~ 100 degrees below zero, from the time it is produced until a few days before it is injected, (mRNA quickly degrades at higher temperatures) yet our government can't even supply PPE at any temperature and measles vaccine at all?

"What could possibly go wrong..."

R650R
24th November 2020, 08:58
cut n paste

A reader recalls another pandemic, Tuberculosis, which puts COVID in perspective.
In 2018, there were more than 10 million cases of active TB which resulted in 1.5 million deaths.[7] This makes it the number one cause of death from an infectious disease.[13] The number of new cases each year has decreased since 2000.[1] About 80% of people in many Asian and African countries test positive while 5-10% of people in the United States population test positive by the tuberculin test.[14] Tuberculosis has been present in humans since ancient times.[15] Wikipedia

Famous people who died prematurely from TB include Henry David Thoreau, D.H. Lawrence, Keats, Chopin, Vivien Leigh...

By Don

I was born in the United States in 1955. I cannot watch television or read a newspaper without seeing articles about COVID-19. It is currently in the spotlight and dominates the news. However, there have been other pandemics that claimed many more lives in the US until fairly recent times. One of them that affected my family was tuberculosis.

When I was about two-years-old I remember waving goodbye to my father as he was being driven away. I didn't know why or where to until I was older. He had tested positive for tuberculosis at his doctor in Seattle and was going back to the sanitarium in Walla Walla, WA.

Back in 1939 he had enlisted in the Coast Guard and served in WW2 guarding the waterfront in Portland, Oregon. It was there he met my mother. His role in protecting shipping from sabotage and other criminal activity was a good background for a career in law enforcement. He got married and had a daughter and eventually three sons.

He was very good at his job and quickly advanced. However, during his time in the Coast Guard, his first assignment was aboard a lightship marking the entrance to the Columbia River. Living aboard a ship in close quarters for months can put people at risk for transmittable diseases.

Years later when he developed tuberculosis it was determined he was exposed to it aboard the ship as others on the ship came down with the disease. My mother and three-year-old sister were told he was going to die. He was taken to the sanitarium in Walla Walla to live out his remaining days. Luckily he was extremely strong and they were developing new cures and drugs. I wouldn't be here otherwise.

Tuberculosis never completely goes away. Periodically he had to report to the doctor in Seattle to spit into a bottle. The bacteria lay dormant in the lungs and if he tested positive he had to go back to the sanitarium to be isolated from family and others. That happened when I was very young.

TB does more than kill an infected person. Although he survived, he was never healthy enough to return to law enforcement. Prior to his sickness he was a detective and had a goal to be a US Marshall. Instead, he found work painting boats and houses. On the freeway going towards Seattle, there is a house that my mother would point to. They had it built just before my father got sick, and had to give it up.

My father rarely touched me or my siblings. He was afraid of transmitting TB to us.

TB was no respecter of person or position. Back then a lot of people believed it was inherited and I was told my grandfather blamed my grandmother for the "Irish" disease. I recently started researching my family roots and my grandmother's family lost very many people to TB. They were young people, business owners, Catholic Priests all taken by this deadly disease.

tb-scene.jpg
My father eventually died in 1985 from another illness. A couple of years later my mother met another man who was from Idaho and was widowed. They spent their remaining years together. As a young man, he was diagnosed with TB and went to a sanitarium. His story was very similar to my father's.

Today you rarely hear about TB. A few years ago you heard it was making a comeback in the US mainly from illegal immigrants. Worldwide it is still a major killer. Far more people die from it than COVID. It has not been eradicated.

It has wiped out many indigenous peoples worldwide. In the US and Canada, it has killed many native people. It has destroyed entire villages. But despite the facts, COVID stays in the spotlight.

I sure many people reading this have similar stories and their families have been affected as mine was. I would encourage them to tell how TB affected their families and loved ones.

RDJ
25th November 2020, 14:14
A new study (@ Frontiers in Public Health) has concluded that "neither lockdowns nor lockdown stringency were correlated with lower death rates."

Researchers analyzed data from 160 countries over the first 8 months of the pandemic, testing several factors—including demographics, public health, economy, politics, and environment—to determine how they are correlated with COVID-19 mortality.

“Stringency of the measures settled to fight pandemia, including lockdown, did not appear to be linked with death rate,” the researchers said.

The researchers found that the criteria most associated with a high death rate was life expectancy.

No sheeeeit, Sherlock. Who'd have thunk it / sarc. I.e. same as the year-on-year flu, definitely one of the nastier years' flu-types, but entirely not unprecedented.

husaberg
25th November 2020, 17:34
A new study (@ Frontiers in Public Health) has concluded that "neither lockdowns nor lockdown stringency were correlated with lower death rates."

Researchers analyzed data from 160 countries over the first 8 months of the pandemic, testing several factors—including demographics, public health, economy, politics, and environment—to determine how they are correlated with COVID-19 mortality.

“Stringency of the measures settled to fight pandemia, including lockdown, did not appear to be linked with death rate,” the researchers said.

The researchers found that the criteria most associated with a high death rate was life expectancy.

No sheeeeit, Sherlock. Who'd have thunk it / sarc. I.e. same as the year-on-year flu, definitely one of the nastier years' flu-types, but entirely not unprecedented.

Yeah for a guy that refers to themselves as being a medical professional this is some pretty petty and easy to dismiss shit.
Trying to corollate the death rate with strategies to minimise amounts of cases or the total deaths.
Rather than the deaths per case or the number of cases or total deaths is rather funny.

Most smart people would realise the idea of lockdowns was to slow to stop the transmission of the disease not really to make it less deadly per case, although a lot died in places where the health system was clearly overrun.

That's almost like trump trying to say they had more cases as they just tested more.
Maybe you would be best stick to just pasting National party press releases like the old days

RDJ
25th November 2020, 17:57
Yeah for a guy that refers to themselves as being a medical professional this is some pretty petty and easy to dismiss shit.
Trying to corollate the death rate with strategies to minimise amounts of cases or the total deaths.
Rather than the deaths per case or the number of cases or total deaths is rather funny.

Most smart people would realise the idea of lockdowns was to slow to stop the transmission of the disease not really to make it less deadly per case, although a lot died in places where the health system was clearly overrun.

That's almost like trump trying to say they had more cases as they just tested more.
Maybe you would be best t stick to just pasting National party press releases like the old days

Sure. You do you. Whatever.

husaberg
25th November 2020, 18:12
Sure. You do you. Whatever.

It seems the new adage is true, RDJ can't argue the facts when they are clearly no facts in RDJ's favour.;)

pritch
25th November 2020, 18:24
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/covid-19-coronavirus-new-zealands-response-rated-best-in-the-world/YQGXONNKDZ6G7OK5CAHK7YZEPE/?utm_campaign=nzh_tw&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=nzh_tw#Echobox=1606267170

A factor of particular importance appears to be social cohesion. The countries doing well all have it. The US is the most extreme example of a country that doesn't. Too many people who know their rights, or who know it's a hoax, who know it's a Bill Gates plot, and who are going to travel to their family Thanksgiving dinner in spite of a pandemic.

Hospitals in some parts of the US can no longer take patients. The hospitals they usually pass patients to can't take them, they too are full. And it's about to get a whole lot worse.

NZ is doing well but the virus could be back tomorrow. Guess we should make the most of what we have while we have it.

RDJ
25th November 2020, 18:34
It seems the new adage is true, RDJ can't argue the facts when they are clearly no facts in RDJ's favour.;)

Sure. You do you. History will enlighten our descendants as to who had a more accurate perspective. Enjoy your faux-reality.

husaberg
25th November 2020, 20:05
Sure. You do you. History will enlighten our descendants as to who had a more accurate perspective. Enjoy your faux-reality.

Seven states—Arkansas, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming—did not issue orders directing residents to stay at home from nonessential activities in March and April 2020 in response to the coronavirus pandemic. The 43 other states all issued orders at the state level directing residents to stay at home except for essential activities and closing businesses that each state deemed nonessential.[1] Read more about those stay-at-home orders here.

Only one of the seven states that did not issue a stay-at-home order did not require any businesses to close: South Dakota. All seven states also closed schools to in-person instruction.
States that did not issue a stay-at-home order in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

States total deaths % based on case of known infection is 0.98%
NZ total deaths % based on case of known infection is 1.23%
Only issue with using this particular statistic is it misses the point.
as the lock down was never to increase a survival rate based on deaths per case it was to allow a greater number of people not to actually die.
US states with no total lockdown had 608 deaths per million people from Covid19
Whilst NZ had 5.16 deaths per million head of population from Covid 19.
Now 600 less deaths per million of the population is the real effect of lockdowns
Using a death rate per infection is just plain idiotic. like I said you lose on facts. Its best you stick to parroting National party press releases.

especially given also.

Due to the lock down we had a 99.8 percent reduction in flu cases.
there were usually 1600 more deaths in winter, compared to other seasons, and around a third of those were caused by influenza, mostly in older people with long-term health conditions.
"What the Covid-19 response has done has largely eliminated those excess winter deaths and mortality as a whole is down around 5 percent," he said. "So that means an extra 1500 people will survive this year who wouldn't have."
But hey..........

RDJ
25th November 2020, 20:23

I'm mildly curious, why you're such an idiot. But, I am not particularly invested in finding out why you are such an idiot. You should just be you. Because the facts of the future will prove you completely idiotic, but you will interpret them as confirming your Weltanschau. Which should help your mental health, and the rest of us will see that you should do you, to help you. OK then.

husaberg
25th November 2020, 21:29
I'm mildly curious, why you're such an idiot. But, I am not particularly invested in finding out why you are such an idiot. You should just be you. Because the facts of the future will prove you completely idiotic, but you will interpret them as confirming your Weltanschau. Which should help your mental health, and the rest of us will see that you should do you, to help you. OK then.

Maybe instead of multiple different replies to the same post with ad hominem attacks you should stick to the facts.

As it's irrefutable, the facts show 600 more people per million die without lockdowns. It's all above in black and white. no fudging, it's not an opinion, not an attempt to misrepresent the facts, no made-up crap. Just simple data.

In a country the size of NZ that's 2880 extra dead people, but hey, keep up the attacks. You might convince yourself you know better. you will not convince me with your parroting of National party propaganda (https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/188175-The-journey-that-COVID-19-will-take-us-on?p=1131173241#post1131173241) and your ad hominem attacks that you know much of anything.

Maybe in your "medical professional" prospective is 608 extra deaths per million is not in fact 120 times worse than 5.6 per deaths million. But here in reality it clearly is by simple maths 120 times worse.

pritch
26th November 2020, 14:35
As Americans prepare to gather for Thanksgiving, the world watches with dread and disbelief

That's a headline in The Washington Post today. They are not wrong.

pritch
27th November 2020, 10:47
Catholic and Jewish communities in New York appealed to the Supreme Court against the Governor's ruling banning large gatherings. Trump's new court found in their favour 5-4. The stupid twats are now free to spread the virus at Mass and at the synagogue. It was the "pro life" justices voted for spreading the virus.

pritch
30th November 2020, 10:56
Obviously there's going to be a problem with members of a marching band blowing their instruments while wearing masks.

The caption to this pic was, "We're doomed."

george formby
30th November 2020, 11:29
It's all about perspective, here's a line from an article I read recently:

Globally, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that the flu kills 290,000 to 650,000 people per year.

The covid-19 pandemic has so far taken about 110,000 and while I wouldn't want to compare it with the flu, many elements are similar.

The global figures reported at present make it rather plain that China is dodgy :cool:

Yup, flu figures have been touted a lot but I have not seen a statement of how many people contract the flu every year.

It would be very difficult to find an accurate figure as the majority of sufferers just go to bed for a few days, no Dr's visits.

Absolutely no bias in my post, the quote just got me thinking.

husaberg
30th November 2020, 12:13
Yup, flu figures have been touted a lot but I have not seen a statement of how many people contract the flu every year.

It would be very difficult to find an accurate figure as the majority of sufferers just go to bed for a few days, no Dr's visits.

Absolutely no bias in my post, the quote just got me thinking.

Sorry it generates a lot of data i gave the effect on the lockdowns on seasonal flu in NZ here.

Due to the lock down we had a 99.8 percent reduction in flu cases.
there were usually 1600 more deaths in winter, compared to other seasons, and around a third of those were caused by influenza, mostly in older people with long-term health conditions.
"What the Covid-19 response has done has largely eliminated those excess winter deaths and mortality as a whole is down around 5 percent," he said.
https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/sunday/audio/2018767843/near-extinction-of-influenza-in-nz-as-numbers-drop-due-to-lockdown

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2020/3/18/21184992/coronavirus-covid-19-flu-comparison-chart
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54463511

CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2019–2020 season was moderate with an estimated 38 million people sick with flu, 18 million visits to a health care provider for flu, 400,000 hospitalizations for flu, and 22,000 flu deaths
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

on average seasonal flu kills 30,000 to 60,000 Americans every year.

but in the US Covid 19 is 50 times more deadly than Flu
During the 2018-19 flu season, about 35 million people in the US contracted the flu and about 34,000 died, according to the CDC. In that season, about one out of every 1,000 people who got the flu died.
Breaking down the numbers by age range reveals a more complex story. Among children, there was about one death per every 10,000 cases. For adults between 50 and 64 years old, about six out of every 10,000 people who got the flu died. For those 65 and older, the rate rose to about 83 out of 10,000 people. Over 30% of US coronavirus patients over 85 have died
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/coronavirus-death-rate-us-compared-to-flu-by-age-2020-6?r=US&IR=T
We also have a vaccine for flu

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/iOMarZz9BXgwquIn0fCryQSJW8Y=/0x0:1941x1941/920x0/filters:focal(0x0:1941x1941):format(webp):no_upsca le()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/19816388/flu_covid_comparison_1_high_res.jpg

george formby
30th November 2020, 12:58
:laugh:

No need for me to go looking later. Cheers.

RDJ
30th November 2020, 19:32
Meanwhile, more people died of suicide in one month in Japan, than the entire WuFlu death toll. "The National Police Agency said suicides surged to 2,153 in October alone... more than 17,000 people taking their own lives this year to date." By comparison, fewer than 2,000 people in the country have died from COVID-19 in 2020.

Every choice has costs, but when the authorities withhold the figures that measure the damage from their preferred choice v other choices so we cannot participate in informed consent... well, here we are now.

It is absolutely no secret at all that the usual annual death toll from the seasonal flu in NZ is ~ 500. We do not crash the economy and imprison people to prevent that. Because until 2020, we knew the cure would be worse than the disease.

pete376403
1st December 2020, 06:35
It is absolutely no secret at all that the usual annual death toll from the seasonal flu in NZ is ~ 500. We do not crash the economy and imprison people to prevent that. Because until 2020, we knew the cure would be worse than the disease.

Where do you get that figure? Using "annual death toll influenza new zealand" in Google gets me "In the winter months of 2009, a total of 49 New Zealand patients1 died with pandemic influenza A(H1N1) 2009 virus infection. While the Ministry of Health identified 35 deaths from pandemic influenza A(H1N1) during the first wave, the processes arranged by the PIMMRG were able to collect information on an additional 14 deaths due to pandemic influenza A(H1N1)." https://www.hqsc.govt.nz/assets/PMMRC/Publications/PMMRC-Pandemic-influenza-report.pdf

Pretty sure that if this number jumped from 49 to over 500 as a usual annual figure there would be some more noise made about it.

mashman
1st December 2020, 07:29
Where do you get that figure? Using "annual death toll influenza new zealand" in Google gets me "In the winter months of 2009, a total of 49 New Zealand patients1 died with pandemic influenza A(H1N1) 2009 virus infection. While the Ministry of Health identified 35 deaths from pandemic influenza A(H1N1) during the first wave, the processes arranged by the PIMMRG were able to collect information on an additional 14 deaths due to pandemic influenza A(H1N1)." https://www.hqsc.govt.nz/assets/PMMRC/Publications/PMMRC-Pandemic-influenza-report.pdf

Pretty sure that if this number jumped from 49 to over 500 as a usual annual figure there would be some more noise made about it.

Learn to speak google and ye shall receive (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4280813/). A couple of other sources showed 500ish, and given that this puppy stated "an average of 401 medical deaths annually from 1990 to 2008" and we're 12 years on, it is quite possible that 500 is closer to the truth than 49. Hence lack of noise I guess.

RDJ
1st December 2020, 08:02

2015: Ministry of Health stated there were 767 deaths from the flu (about 7 Kiwis out of 100,000 - much better however than the 49 people per 100,000 in 1970.

2017: Otago University scientists' study concluded the flu is likely New Zealand's single biggest infectious disease killer, accounting for about 1.8 per cent of annual deaths in the country. Published in the Journal of Infection.

2019: University of Otago's professor Michael Baker: "...these (susceptible) groups add up to around 500 deaths per year in New Zealand, a figure higher than last year's road toll. This makes influenza one of the biggest infectious disease killers in the country."

Bear in mind that a significant percentage of the elderly who died from pneumonia (what used to be called the 'old man's friend' when I trained for reasons outside the scope of this discussion) would never have been tested for flu pre-WuFlu hysterics, so the number is likely to be higher. But I'm quoting verified scientific sources.

Viking01
3rd December 2020, 12:57
https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-uk-approves-pfizer-biontech-vaccine-to-roll-out-next-week/a-55792680

"The UK will be the first country in the West to offer a COVID-19 vaccine to the public after a regulator approved the medicine in record time."

An interesting choice of words.

"British media have reported that hospitals in England have been told to get ready to start doing vaccinations for medical workers as early as next week.

Pfizer said it would immediately begin shipping limited supplies to the UK — and has been gearing up for even wider distribution if given a similar nod by the US Food and Drug Administration, a decision expected as early as next week. But doses everywhere are scarce, and initial supplies will be rationed until more is manufactured in the first several months of next year."

So when might we likely start to notice the effectiveness of the vaccine ? Northern hemisphere Winter 2021 ?

[Edit]

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/03/manchild-gavin-williamson-plumbs-new-depths-of-stupidity-with-vaccine-drivel

RDJ
4th December 2020, 07:47
https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-uk-approves-pfizer-biontech-vaccine-to-roll-out-next-week/a-55792680

"The UK will be the first country in the West to offer a COVID-19 vaccine to the public after a regulator approved the medicine in record time."

So when might we likely start to notice the effectiveness of the vaccine ? Northern hemisphere Winter 2021 ?

Methinks it's going to be extraordinarily difficult to separate out any benefit from the vaccine(s) in a very small % of the global population, from the effects of burgeoning herd immunity from an increasing casedemic, and from the effects of waning pathogenicity of the XiVirus (both of the latter are already in action).

I think we can be quite sure that the politicians and the vax manufacturers will of course claim total credit for any measured improvements in immunity and morbidity / mortality.

pritch
4th December 2020, 09:32
Trump has claimed that the figures for the US COVID death toll are wrong. He got that much right, but not for the reason he thinks. It appears the figures are under staed by 41%. The actual figure is close to 345,000.

From the NY Times:
"Our analysis of CDC data shows that 345,000 more people than normal have died in the U.S. from March 15 - Nov. 14. That figure, known as excess deaths, is 41% higher than the official coronavirus fatality count."

husaberg
4th December 2020, 12:59
Methinks it's going to be extraordinarily difficult to separate out any benefit from the vaccine(s) in a very small % of the global population, from the effects of burgeoning herd immunity from an increasing casedemic, and from the effects of waning pathogenicity of the XiVirus (both of the latter are already in action).

I think we can be quite sure that the politicians and the vax manufacturers will of course claim total credit for any measured improvements in immunity and morbidity / mortality.

65 million known cases with 1.5 million known deaths out of a population of 7.8 billion.

Considering you need about 80% plus to achieve herd immunity i would suggest the orifice you are talking out of is south of the border.

By 80% of the world's population mind you.
As this is only 0.833% rather than 80%

7,800,000,000 world population
65,000,000 covid 19 cases
=0.83%
Herd immunity usually requires over 80%.

MaxPenguin
4th December 2020, 15:38
I see billy t kak talk is mobilising an army to fight against the vaccine and Bill Gates.

RDJ
4th December 2020, 16:59
65 million known cases with 1.5 million known deaths out of a population of 7.8 billion.

Considering you need about 80% plus to achieve herd immunity i would suggest the orifice you are talking out of is south of the border.

By 80% of the world's population mind you.
As this is only 0.833% rather than 80%

7,800,000,000 world population
65,000,000 covid 19 cases
=0.83%
Herd immunity usually requires over 80%.

Excellent ad hominem

Fail on the stats' accuracy

That is all

R650R
4th December 2020, 17:19
https://iconnectfx.com/view/eee3a2c3-9433-eb11-9979-00505682f257

husaberg
4th December 2020, 18:21
Excellent ad hominem

Fail on the stats' accuracy

That is all

its not an ad hominem, as it was not an attack on you, only the crap you posted
I will give you a hint, Whilst I can back up my figures, yours are that far off, its not even funny.
that's why you are not defending what you wrote.
back up your 80% of the world infected to given any credence at all to your claims of herd immunity being anywhere even close to being achieved or just go away.
https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/herd-immunity-lockdowns-and-covid-19#:~:text=For%20example%2C%20herd%20immunity%20ag ainst,the%20threshold%20is%20about%2080%25.

because this shows only .83% which is about 100x less than 80%.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?utm_campaign=homeAdvegas1?%22%20%5Cl%22countries
https://news.google.com/covid19/map?hl=en-NZ&gl=NZ&ceid=NZ%3Aen

ps if I want to attack your lack of character can just post the link to your lies here.

like your last ad hominem

or this total lack of honesty from you and your vain attempt to cover it up
https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/188175-The-journey-that-COVID-19-will-take-us-on?p=1131172984#post1131172984
https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/188175-The-journey-that-COVID-19-will-take-us-on?p=1131173241#post1131173241

mashman
5th December 2020, 06:49
Ten Fatal Errors: Scientists Attack Paper That Established Global PCR Driven Lockdown (https://uncoverdc.com/2020/12/03/ten-fatal-errors-scientists-attack-paper-that-established-global-pcr-driven-lockdown/)...

It's worth a read coz it changes a few things where those supporting the evidence no longer do.

"Dr. Corbett, a Ph.D., and retired RN elaborated: “There are 10 fatal errors in this Drosten test paper. Public Health England is a co-author on it. All the public health authorities across the EU have co-authored this paper. But here is the bottom line: There was no viral isolate to validate what they were doing. The PCR products of the amplification didn’t correspond to any viral isolate at that time. I call it ‘donut ring science.’ There is nothing at the center of it. It’s all about code, genetics, nothing to do with reality, or the actual person, the patient.”"

The following is not representative of the article in any way (it really isn't), but I just had to throw the Lawyers comment from the very end of the article in (because these scientists are saying that it's all shit, and their representative is, well, have a read):

"From his home in Germany, Reiner Fuellmich said, “The reason why I decided to speak out is that I didn’t want these crazy people who are pulling the strings behind the scenes to rule the world. I had no idea when I came out with my first video that these people and their corporations were such a powerful block. We are up against some really powerful and devious and bad, evil people. But they’re not a united front. We on the good side so to speak, I am firmly convinced that we have the better people, who know much more not just intellectually. The thing is . . . we’re humans, and they’re not.”"

R650R
5th December 2020, 08:37
As of Dec 4 2020

1,298,455 Total tests

2219 positive test results

139 (estimated based on 6.3% in previous data of 1600/80 approx) Hospitalised

25 dead

WHY is it SO HARD to find the data on how many people in NZ NEEDED hospital treatment for this.
This number has to be actively suppressed as ALL the other data comes up very EASY in searches.
The answer is so people don’t ask WHY are we scared.
Can you imagine a Pandemic being declared of the PM said oh by the way 93% of you that actually manage to contract the virus won’t need to go to hospital just stay home and rest.
Nothing else matters the maths tells the story, especially post lockdown any new cases should have spread massively as everyone suddenly enjoyed a watered down form of freedom.
And just think of all those Asymptomatic cases in the 3,800,000 people that have NOT been tested...
There should be another 6600 odd positive cases, another 400 extra in hospital and another 75 people dead, where are they????

MaxPenguin
5th December 2020, 09:18
So when the next global pandemic comes along we will do nothing, despite what is happening outside our borders.

R650R
5th December 2020, 09:51
Well, well well... looki what we got here....

This script *cough* sorry research paper written REMAKABLY quickly in late March is ASTOUNDINGLY accurate, like Nostradamus accurate, predicting 20 deaths.
Came across while trying to find original news articles with the mega death predictions, apparently NZ would have 80,000 if we did nothing.
Which is silly as onc significant numbers start actually getting sick or dying people would voluntarily adopt distancing and all the other way ideas.
It's nice they forecasted dates of future lockdowns.....

NZ hospitalisation rate is WAY lower than anywhere else in the world at 6.3%, yet this crystal ball gazing report even optimistically sets it at 5%....So we seeing the rest of the world dropping dead in the streets, trucks gassing neighbourhoods in China with disinfectant on industrial scale, we about to go into mega lockdown and even the EXPERTS think only 5% of infected will need hospital...
Yet our diet and obesity problems are very similar to hard hit America....

https://cpb-ap-se2.wpmucdn.com/blogs.auckland.ac.nz/dist/d/75/files/2017/01/Supression-and-Mitigation-New-Zealand-TPM-006.pdf

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/27/new-zealand-coronavirus-deaths-during-lockdown-could-be-just-20-modelling-suggests

RDJ
5th December 2020, 11:53
Worth a read for those who are reading / reacting to reports and controversy about excess deaths from the XiVirus. Very objective IMO.

https://hub.jhu.edu/2020/09/01/comorbidities-and-coronavirus-deaths-cdc/

MaxPenguin
5th December 2020, 12:05
Worth a read for those who are reading / reacting to reports and controversy about excess deaths from the XiVirus. Very objective IMO.

That is a good article. This covid certainly is a learning curve.

pritch
5th December 2020, 12:48

That had me worried early on mentioning pneumonia, respiratory failure, and cardiac arrest, as comorbidities when they are commonly the result of a Covid infection. They do explain their logic though.

The item is out of date now in some respects, the "excess deaths" figure of 200,000 at the end of August is now 350,000 as at the end of November.

Many of the lemmings who travelled all over the US for Thanksgiving gatherings are now showing symptoms so there is about to be another big jump in the numbers.

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is planning on having a Christmas party for 900 people.

husaberg
5th December 2020, 12:56
That had me worried early on mentioning pneumonia, respiratory failure, and cardiac arrest, as comorbidities when they are commonly the result of a Covid infection. They do explain their logic though.

The item is out of date now in some respects, the "excess deaths" figure of 200,000 at the end of August is now 350,000 as at the end of November.

Many of the lemmings who travelled all over the US for Thanksgiving gatherings are now showing symptoms so there is about to be another big jump in the numbers.

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is planning on having a Christmas party for 900 people.

Still doesn't explain how he is able to use CDC figure yet claimed he doesn't agree with the death and infection stat a couple of posts earlier.

More than 100 million U.S. adults are now living with diabetes or prediabetes, according to a new report pdf icon released today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The report finds that as of 2015, 30.3 million Americans – 9.4 percent of the U.S. population –have diabetes. Another 84.1 million have prediabetes,

Chronic kidney disease, or CKD, causes more deaths than breast cancer or prostate cancer. It is the under-recognized public health crisis. It affects an estimated 37 million people in the U.S. (15% of the adult population

Prevalence of cancer ranges from approximately 5.5 percent of the population in the US

Number of adults aged 18 and over who currently have asthma: 19.2 million
Percent of adults aged 18 and over who currently have asthma: 7.7%

Not to mention all the rest

A post or two before he's 100 times short on his figures required for herd immunity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWupoHcoLT4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmW_H4U-MI

https://c.files.bbci.co.uk/97D4/production/_114786883_trumocoll.jpghttps://images.theconversation.com/files/328460/original/file-20200416-192693-non0l1.png?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&q=45&auto=format&w=754&fit=cliphttps://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2020/03/11/PPYD/339535c0-8371-4e8c-863f-77370ca8e0b4-Trump_tweet.jpg?auto=webp&crop=612,345,x0,y14&format=pjpg&width=1200
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/10/06/20/34066956-0-image-a-26_1602013757081.jpg

R650R
6th December 2020, 15:40
Your odds of dying from Covid in NZ is about the same as winning Powerball....
People dream of winning powerball, actively visit known powerball superspreader hot zones twice a week in hope of winning...

Meanwhile about 6 times as many people die in drink drive car crashes.
We even have mass random surveillance testing for that too, typically about 1.5-2% are ‘ infected’ with the influence of alcohol.....
Would we tolerate say a 24hr lockdown every time you bought a beer at bar?
Or after your night at the bar you don’t leave through the front door, a govt agent escorts you to a ‘quarantine ‘ facility which you can’t leave for 24 hrs.
Just imagine that, we would ABSOLUTELY save 150 lives a year
The govt will NEVER do that so why all this crap with the virus where the potential victim has a 93% chance of not even needing hospital treatment...

MaxPenguin
6th December 2020, 16:59
Your odds of dying from Covid in NZ is about the same as winning Powerball....
People dream of winning powerball, actively visit known powerball superspreader hot zones twice a week in hope of winning...

Meanwhile about 6 times as many people die in drink drive car crashes.
We even have mass random surveillance testing for that too, typically about 1.5-2% are ‘ infected’ with the influence of alcohol.....
Would we tolerate say a 24hr lockdown every time you bought a beer at bar?
Or after your night at the bar you don’t leave through the front door, a govt agent escorts you to a ‘quarantine ‘ facility which you can’t leave for 24 hrs.
Just imagine that, we would ABSOLUTELY save 150 lives a year
The govt will NEVER do that so why all this crap with the virus where the potential victim has a 93% chance of not even needing hospital treatment...

So then please tell us why the world is locking down and vaccinating?

R650R
7th December 2020, 07:39
So then please tell us why the world is locking down and vaccinating?

That really is the $6milliom dollar question of our time...

R650R
7th December 2020, 07:40
But where did all the (normal) Flu go...

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/weeklyarchives2020-2021/data/whoAllregt_phl48.html

Viking01
7th December 2020, 08:40
A sample from this morning's media :

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/dec/06/i-worked-so-hard-in-the-lab-i-cried-when-the-news-came

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/300176414/a-gamble-pays-off-in-spectacular-success-how-the-leading-coronavirus-vaccines-made-it-to-the-finish-line

https://www.euronews.com/2020/11/26/meet-the-scientists-fighting-misinformation-and-educating-people-about-covid-vaccines

https://www.smh.com.au/national/the-12-39am-email-that-triggered-australia-s-response-to-covid-19-20201202-p56jzu.html

pritch
7th December 2020, 08:53
Trump has tweeted that Rudy Giuliani has tested positive for the Corona virus.

".@RudyGiuliani, by far the greatest mayor in the history of NYC, and who has been working tirelessly exposing the most corrupt election (by far!) in the history of the USA, has tested positive for the China Virus. Get better soon Rudy, we will carry on!!!"

Interesting writing technique, starting a sentence with a full stop.

MaxPenguin
7th December 2020, 09:39
That really is the $6milliom dollar question of our time...

Because there is a global pandemic. Free of charge.

husaberg
7th December 2020, 11:48
Trump has tweeted that Rudy Giuliani has tested positive for the Corona virus.

".@RudyGiuliani, by far the greatest mayor in the history of NYC, and who has been working tirelessly exposing the most corrupt election (by far!) in the history of the USA, has tested positive for the China Virus. Get better soon Rudy, we will carry on!!!"

Interesting writing technique, starting a sentence with a full stop.

its likely that's this twitter account name, someone already took the name dame as with Donald Trump why he's THEREALDONALDTRUMP.

pritch
7th December 2020, 14:50
its likely that's this twitter account name, someone already took the name dame as with Donald Trump why he's THEREALDONALDTRUMP.

Not that likely. On the actual tweet the full stop is white and prior to the @, part of the text, the Twitter handle is in blue. There is no connection between the two, the full stop is just random.

husaberg
7th December 2020, 16:16
Not that likely. On the actual tweet the full stop is white and prior to the @, part of the text, the Twitter handle is in blue. There is no connection between the two, the full stop is just random.

Maybe he was cutting and pasting?
Rudi having covid at 76 with his medical history. Its odd that they would admit him to hospital for something his own republican supporters claim to be less deadly than the flu.....

pritch
7th December 2020, 21:57
The Arizona legislature has closed, both congress and the senate, following two days contact with Rudy.

R650R
10th December 2020, 08:30
As of Dec 4 2020

1,298,455 Total tests

25 dead

WHY is it SO HARD to find the data on how many people in NZ NEEDED hospital treatment for this.
This number has to be actively suppressed as ALL the other data comes up very EASY in searches.
Can you imagine a Pandemic being declared of the PM said oh by the way 93% of you that actually manage to contract the virus won’t need to go to hospital just stay home and rest.
Nothing else matters the maths tells the story, especially post lockdown any new cases should have spread massively as everyone suddenly enjoyed a watered down form of freedom.
And just think of all those Asymptomatic cases in the 3,800,000 people that have NOT been tested...
There should be another 6600 odd positive cases, another 400 extra in hospital and another 75 people dead, where are they????

Any of our resident “doctors” found the extra bodies yet or does the math confuse them?

pritch
10th December 2020, 10:08
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/09/health/covid-vaccine-allergies-health-workers-uk-intl-gbr/index.html

mashman
10th December 2020, 12:28
I cannot convey the raft of emotions that I went through watching the first 1 minute 32 seconds of the video... (https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/economics/video/minister-freeland-calling-on-canadians-for-ideas-on-how-to-unlock-the-pre-loaded-stimulus~2093438)

Ok rich guys, this is the future of your money :killingme...

pritch
12th December 2020, 10:21
The US Food and Drug Administration is working through the process to approve, or not, the BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine. The FDA is supposed to do this free from any political pressure in the interests of public safety.

Mark Meadows, Trump's Chief of Staff, has told the head of the FDA to approve the vaccine today or submit his resignation. No pressure there then.

Update:

And as if by magic, the FDA have announced that the Pfizer vaccine is approved.

R650R
13th December 2020, 13:01
The US Food and Drug Administration is working through the process to approve, or not, the BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine. The FDA is supposed to do this free from any political pressure in the interests of public safety.

Mark Meadows, Trump's Chief of Staff, has told the head of the FDA to approve the vaccine today or submit his resignation. No pressure there then.

Update:

And as if by magic, the FDA have announced that the Pfizer vaccine is approved.

What public safety? Do you know the makers are protected by law from being taken to court if anyone dies from a vaccine???

husaberg
13th December 2020, 13:50
What public safety? Do you know the makers are protected by law from being taken to court if anyone dies from a vaccine???

not entirely correct.

https://www.policymed.com/2011/03/supreme-court-rules-in-favor-of-protecting-vaccine-makers-from-state-lawsuits.html
The Supreme Court explained that the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986 (NCVIA or Act) preempts all design-defect claims against vaccine manufacturers brought by plaintiffs seeking compensation for injury or death caused by a vaccine’s side effects.
products-liability law establishes three grounds for liability—defective manufacture, inadequate directions or warnings, and defective design

They can still sue, but Epidemiological judgments about vaccine design to the FDA and the National Vaccine Program rather than juries.”
The Supreme Court’s decision came from the fact that “vaccine manufacturers fund from their sales an informal, efficient compensation program for vaccine injuries. In exchange, they avoid costly tort litigation and the occasional disproportionate jury verdict.”
According to an article from Reuters, the vaccine court has awarded more than $1.8 billion for vaccine injury claims in nearly 2,500 cases since 1989.
American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) president O. Marion Burton applauded the Supreme Court’s decision in a statement. He noted that the “decision protects children by strengthening our national immunization system and ensuring that vaccines will continue to prevent the spread of infectious diseases in this country.”

R650R
13th December 2020, 14:28
Double whammy here.....

Aussie version of vax produces false positives to HIV....
Never mind the HIV testing issues anyway, two people can have same test results but only be called positive if they made wrong lifestyle choices....

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/australia-rush-pfizer-homegrown-vaccine-canned-74666426

So if this vax makes people false positive for HIV, how do we know if other vax produce maybe false covid positives?

Viking01
13th December 2020, 15:03
https://www.policymed.com/2011/03/su...-lawsuits.html
According to an article from Reuters, the vaccine court has awarded more than $1.8 billion for vaccine injury claims in nearly 2,500 cases since 1989.

Interesting to see the damages amount in the earlier link mentioned above. I'd seen an article this week that quoted a slightly higher amount.

https://thevaccinereaction.org/2019/01/over-4-billion-paid-for-vaccine-injuries-and-deaths/

Just over $4 billion, but qualified it that approx $1 billion had been for vaccine affected victims in just the last 4 years.

husaberg
13th December 2020, 15:36
Interesting to see the damages amount in the earlier link mentioned above. I'd seen an article this week that quoted a slightly higher amount.

https://thevaccinereaction.org/2019/01/over-4-billion-paid-for-vaccine-injuries-and-deaths/

Just over $4 billion, but qualified it that approx $1 billion had been for vaccine affected victims in just the last 4 years.

The compensation paid out is for people that were genuinely medically affected by vaccines. Or where the case was settled.

Approximately 70 percent of all compensation awarded by the VICP comes as result of a
negotiated settlement between the parties in which HHS has not concluded, based upon review
of the evidence, that the alleged vaccine(s) caused the alleged injury

No one has ever said there weren't people that have not had adverse vaccine reactions or compilations or allergies also not all of the compensation is for the drug complications either, some are also from the administration.
in your own linked article

The HRSA report reveals that over the past 30 years (since 1989), the VICP has received 20,123 petitions claiming vaccine injury and death, out of which 18,000 claims have been resolved. Of those 17,576 cases, 6,313 cases (about two out of three claims) have received compensation awards via settlements or judgments.1 2 Nevertheless, HRSA does not acknowledge that vaccine injuries are rare and estimates that one person has been compensated for every million doses distributed in the United States.

How many petitions have been awarded compensation?

According to the CDC, from 2006 to 2018 over 3.7 billion doses of covered vaccines were distributed in
the U.S. For petitions filed in this time period, 7,565 petitions were adjudicated by the Court, and of
those 5,297 were compensated. This means for every 1 million doses of vaccine that were distributed,
approximately 1 individual was compensated.

Since 1988, over 22,685 petitions have been filed with the VICP. Over that 30-year time period, 19,403
petitions have been adjudicated, with 7,705 of those determined to be compensable, while 11,698 were
dismissed. Total compensation paid over the life of the program is approximately $4.4 billion.

by far the largest amount of claims were for flu vaccines. Well over half.
yet the ones claimed by the antivaxer to cause problems have very few awarded claims, or in fact very few claims at all...........

Petitions Filed
Fiscal Year Total
FY 1988 24
FY 1989 148
FY 1990 1,492
FY 1991 2,718
FY 1992 189
FY 1993 140
FY 1994 107
FY 1995 180
FY 1996 84
FY 1997 104
FY 1998 120
FY 1999 411
FY 2000 164
FY 2001 215
FY 2002 958
FY 2003 2,592
FY 2004 1,214
FY 2005 735
FY 2006 325
FY 2007 410
FY 2008 417
FY 2009 397
FY 2010 448
FY 2011 386
FY 2012 401
FY 2013 504
FY 2014 633
FY 2015 803
FY 2016 1,120
FY 2017 1,243
FY 2018 1,238
FY 2019 1,282
FY 2020 1,191
FY 2021 290
Total 22,685

Adjudications
Generally, petitions are not adjudicated in the same fiscal year as filed.
On average, it takes 2 to 3 years to adjudicate a petition after it is filed.
Fiscal Year Compensable Dismissed Total
FY 1989 9 12 21
FY 1990 100 33 133
FY 1991 141 447 588
FY 1992 166 487 653
FY 1993 125 588 713
FY 1994 162 446 608
FY 1995 160 575 735
FY 1996 162 408 570
FY 1997 189 198 387
FY 1998 144 181 325
FY 1999 98 139 237
FY 2000 125 104 229
FY 2001 86 88 174
FY 2002 104 104 208
FY 2003 56 100 156
FY 2004 62 247 309
FY 2005 60 229 289
FY 2006 69 193 262
FY 2007 82 136 218
FY 2008 147 151 298
FY 2009 134 257 391
FY 2010 180 330 510
FY 2011 266 1,742 2,008
FY 2012 265 2,533 2,798
FY 2013 369 650 1,019
FY 2014 370 193 563
FY 2015 519 142 661
FY 2016 698 185 883
FY 2017 696 202 898
FY 2018 544 199 743
FY 2019 641 181 822
FY 2020 706 194 900
FY 2021 70 24 94
Total 7,705 11,698 19,403

https://www.hrsa.gov/sites/default/files/hrsa/vaccine-compensation/data/data-statistics-report.pdf

All of his information is freely available there I no conspiracy to cover up or misrepresent information by anyone other than by antivaxers.

Viking01
13th December 2020, 16:10
The compensation paid out is for people that were genuinely medically affected by vaccines. Or where the case was settled.

No one has ever said there weren't people that have not had adverse vaccine reactions or compilations or allergies also not all of the compensation is for the drug complications either some are the administration.

Thanks for pointing out the distinction. I was struggling to work out why the difference in totals.
Cheers,
Viking

mashman
19th December 2020, 16:41
Covid-19: Mass testing is inaccurate and gives false sense of security, minister admits (https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4916). Garbage in, Garbage out... or at the very least... Garbage in, To justify unrequired vaccination. What looks like corruption, swims like corruption and quacks like corruption. A duck.

F5 Dave
20th December 2020, 19:37
In the UK. Where they have fucked up their whole response.

And why the fuck would you quote a minister? Are you stupid? Well clearly you are. Jesus fuk christ. Actual Science please.

Just understand that you are not good at this. This requires critical thinking.

Go consume some McDonalds and make yourself valuable to some fat family businesses.

R650R
23rd December 2020, 08:54
Spare a thought for the unfortunate households this Xmas....

The households where Karen’s live.....

Instead of milk and cookies they will leave hand sanitiser and toilet paper out for Santa....

But he won’t be here Xmas nite Jonny, he has to stay in quarantine for two weeks first...

I can’t belueve comrade afdrn has t used this.... kids are very observant, how come Santa has freedom of travel?

F5 Dave
23rd December 2020, 12:03
Spare a thought for the unfortunate households this Xmas....

The households where people have died of this imaginary disease. US have had thier worst year for mortality despite the trend going down in previous years.
315,000 in that country from C19. How many fuckload more to come.

If only we had DJT in charge here we could have got some more of that action.

Oh but grumble grumble, I heard doctors are lazy and just write C19 instead of cancer, as its less keystrokes, and their database was run by dominion so they were really bedpan injuries but flipped to c19 whilst all controlled by Hillary and Satan himself.

Fuck right off.

R650R
23rd December 2020, 12:55
No one has said what you said in last paragraph.

However criminal elements within administrative depts may be misreporting the stats to obtain funding advantage or maybe just because they hate trump.

What we DO know is despite this sickening death wave the people on the frontlines are laughing their tits of doing Tik Tok dances AT work FFS, that says it all. Supposed to be all this death but it’s like a comedic episode of M*A*S*H.

How the f$&K do you behave like that if it is what they say it is.... And that the media portray that as acceptable..,

Did we 911 responders dancing in ruins?
Did we see Tsunami clean up dancing on beach
Did we see CHCh quake workers dancing in street

Next season most of the weak will have been weeded out, death rate will drop and then claim vax works.

pritch
23rd December 2020, 13:30
Did we 911 responders dancing in ruins?
Did we see Tsunami clean up dancing on beach
Did we see CHCh quake workers dancing in street

People under immense pressure are known to resort to black humour. People who have not known such pressurees may not understand the humour. This caused problems during the Vietnam war when some journalists were placed with military units and lacked the experience to relate to what they saw and heard.

Hospital staff in some areas have been working extra shifts in dangerous and emotionally draining circumstances for months. They have seen colleagues die of the disease knowing they themselves could be next. They are emotionally and physically exhausted, meantime in the US millions ignored the warnings and travelled to Thanksgiving gatherings ensuring there would be a new wave of cases. Now it's Christmas, rinse and repeat.

If hospital staff want to let off steam on TikTok good luck to them.

pete376403
23rd December 2020, 13:59
It is possible to see some humour in responses to Covid:
https://www.gocomics.com/doonesbury/2020/12/20?fbclid=IwAR2b7NegOGGtMLEfkzo6ir2STDApliVTccaihS xXlqfgehG3v3MCfyFfYBo

pritch
23rd December 2020, 16:04
Currently Ivermectin is being touted as a promising treatment for Covid. Funny that, I seem to recall Ivermectin being advertised as a cattle drench. We get ads like that out here on the rural rump.

husaberg
23rd December 2020, 16:30
Currently Ivermectin is being touted as a promising treatment for Covid. Funny that, I seem to recall Ivermectin being advertised as a cattle drench. We get ads like that out here on the rural rump.

Usless factoid the interesting thing about the avermectin group of compounds used in the drench it was discovered in soil bacteria in japan.
the dude was given a noble prize much much later for finding it.
The compound revolutionised drenches as we farmers can pour on or inject rather than oral dose.
They also work a heap better.

looks like its real
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7521351/

authors found lower mortality in the ivermectin group (25.2% versus 15.0%, OR 0.52, 95% CI 0.29–0.96). The authors also reported lower mortality among patients with severe pulmonary disease

george formby
23rd December 2020, 17:08
I know the Kiwi accent doesn't lend itself well, but it's covid not cowvid. Co, like coconut or Sebastian Coe.

R650R
23rd December 2020, 21:16
People under immense pressure are known to resort to black humour. People who have not known such pressurees may not understand the humour. This caused problems during the Vietnam war when some journalists were placed with military units and lacked the experience to relate to what they saw and heard.

Hospital staff in some areas have been working extra shifts in dangerous and emotionally draining circumstances for months. They have seen colleagues die of the disease knowing they themselves could be next. They are emotionally and physically exhausted, meantime in the US millions ignored the warnings and travelled to Thanksgiving gatherings ensuring there would be a new wave of cases. Now it's Christmas, rinse and repeat.

If hospital staff want to let off steam on TikTok good luck to them.

I know a paramedic and yes they use black humour to cope with some nasty stuff.

Black hu our does not e tend to having the physical and mental energy to do gleeful til you dances.

R650R
23rd December 2020, 21:16
A very interesting social media post

I want to provide you some very important information. I'm a committee member within the Liberal Party of Canada. I sit within several committee groups but the information I am providing is originating from the Strategic Planning committee (which is steered by the PMO).

I need to start off by saying that I'm not happy doing this but I have to. As a Canadian and more importantly as a parent who wants a better future not only for my children but for other children as well. The other reason I am doing this is because roughly 30% of the committee members are not pleased with the direction this will take Canada, but our opinions have been ignored and they plan on moving forward toward their goals. They have also made it very clear that nothing will stop the planned outcomes.

The road map and aim was set out by the PMO and is as follows:

- Phase in secondary lock down restrictions on a rolling basis, starting with major metropolitan areas first and expanding outward. Expected by November 2020.

- Rush the acquisition of (or construction of) isolation facilities across every province and territory. Expected by December 2020.

- Daily new cases of COVID-19 will surge beyond capacity of testing, including increases in COVID related deaths following the same growth curves. Expected by end of November 2020.

- Complete and total secondary lock down (much stricter than the first and second rolling phase restrictions). Expected by end of December 2020 - early January 2021

- Reform and expansion of the unemployment program to be transitioned into the universal basic income program. Expected by Q1 2021.

- Projected COVID-19 mutation and/or co-infection with secondary virus (referred to as COVID-21) leading to a third wave with much higher mortality rate and higher rate of infection. Expected by February 2021.

- Daily new cases of COVID-21 hospitalizations and COVID-19 and COVID-21 related deaths will exceed medical care facilities capacity. Expected Q1 - Q2 2021.

- Enhanced lock down restrictions (referred to as Third Lock Down) will be implemented. Full travel restrictions will be imposed (including inter-province and inter-city). Expected Q2 2021.

- Transitioning of individuals into the universal basic income program. Expected mid Q2 2021.

- Projected supply chain break downs, inventory shortages, large economic instability. Expected late Q2 2021.

- Deployment of military personnel into major metropolitan areas as well as all major roadways to establish travel checkpoints. Restrict travel and movement. Provide logistical support to the area. Expected by Q3 2021.

Along with that provided road map the Strategic Planning committee was asked to design an effective way of transitioning Canadians to meet a unprecedented economic endeavor. One that would change the face of Canada and forever alter the lives of Canadians.

What we were told was that in order to offset what was essentially an economic collapse on a international scale, that the federal government was going to offer Canadians a total debt relief.

This is how it works: the federal government will offer to eliminate all personal debts (mortgages, loans, credit cards, etc) which all funding will be provided
to Canada by the IMF under what will become known as the World Debt Reset program.

In exchange for acceptance of this total debt forgiveness the individual would forfeit ownership of any and all property and assets forever.

The individual would also have to agree to partake in the COVID-19 and COVID-21 vaccination schedule, which would provide the individual with unrestricted travel and unrestricted living even under a full lock down (through the use of photo identification referred to as Canada's HealthPass) .

Committee members asked who would become the owner of the forfeited property and assets in that scenario and what would happen to lenders or financial institutions, we were simply told "the World Debt Reset program will handle all of the details".

Several committee members also questioned what would happen to individuals if they refused to participate in the World Debt Reset program, or the HealthPass, or the vaccination schedule, and the answer we got was very troubling. Essentially we were told it was our duty to make sure we came up with a plan to ensure that would never happen. We were told it was in the individuals best interest to participate.

When several committee members pushed relentlessly to get an answer we were told that those who refused would first live under the lock down restrictions indefinitely.

And that over a short period of time as more Canadians transitioned into the debt forgiveness program, the ones who refused to participate would be deemed a public safety risk and would be relocated into isolation facilities. Once in those facilities they would be given two options, participate in the debt forgiveness program and be released, or stay indefinitely in the isolation facility under the classification of a serious public health risk and have all their assets seized.

So as you can imagine after hearing all of this it turned into quite the heated discussion and escalated beyond anything I've ever witnessed before.

In the end it was implied by the PMO that the whole agenda will move forward no matter who agrees with it or not.

That it wont just be Canada but in fact all nations will have similar roadmaps and agendas. That we need to take advantage of the situations before us to promote change on a grander scale for the betterment of everyone. The members who were opposed and ones who brought up key issues that would arise from such a thing were completely ignored. Our opinions and concerns were ignored. We were simply told to just do it.

All I know is that I don't like it and I think its going to place Canadians into a dark future.

F5 Dave
24th December 2020, 06:12
No one has said what you said in last paragraph.

. . .
My last paragraph was "Fuck right off"
Short, concise, to the point in just 3 words but still a paragraph.

The proceeding paragraph was of course obvious satire, but no less sensible than the bile you are cut and pasting from sites infected presumably by disenfranchised angry men spreading their brand of fear and distrust.

Kickaha
24th December 2020, 06:21
A very interesting social media post nutbar bullshit, more nutbar bullshit, more nutbar bullshit, more nutbar bullshit, more nutbar bullshit, more nutbar bullshit, more nutbar bullshit, more nutbar bullshit, more nutbar bullshit, more nutbar bullshit, more nutbar bullshit, more nutbar bullshit, more nutbar bullshit, more nutbar bullshit, more nutbar bullshit, more nutbar bullshit, more nutbar bullshit, more nutbar bullshit, more nutbar bullshit, more nutbar bullshit, more nutbar bullshit, more nutbar bullshit, more nutbar bullshit

What a total load of shit but dumbarse motherfucking cockwomble cunts will lap it up and when it doesn't happen will just move on without a thought to the next bit of nutbar bullshit

Bonez
24th December 2020, 06:45
I'm pleased to see you kids are still playing nicely. :tugger:

I suggest you negitive noddies go for a decent ride. It's good for your health and well being...

pritch
24th December 2020, 08:22
What a total load of shit but dumbarse motherfucking cockwomble cunts will lap it up and when it doesn't happen will just move on without a thought to the next bit of nutbar bullshit

True. Q has been making his prophesies for years without, as far as is known, a single one coming true. And we would have known had he scored one. Yet despite his total lack of success his idiot followers believe his every new utterance.

The attachment is not particularly relevant to this discussion, it's from a military group I watch. A recent event reminded me that it was on my desktop.

pete376403
24th December 2020, 10:04
Another good one - predates my previous post
https://www.gocomics.com/doonesbury/2020/12/06

george formby
24th December 2020, 10:11
Despite the UK getting clattered from all angles, the humour is still strong.

https://youtu.be/pVQ29tfOvl8

R650R
24th December 2020, 14:41
The media are tripping over themselves trying to solve the mystery of why Africans aren't dying from covid as badly as the west.
Africans routinely take a cheap safe anti malaria drug invented in n 1960's called hydroxychloroquine....
Scooby Doo would solve that puzzle faster

Kickaha
24th December 2020, 14:53
The media are tripping over themselves trying to solve the mystery of why Africans aren't dying from covid as badly as the west.
Africans routinely take a cheap safe anti malaria drug invented in n 1960's called hydroxychloroquine....

Or maybe there's other reasons

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-africa-mortality-i-idUSKBN26K0AI

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/09/22/africa-has-defied-covid-19-nightmare-scenarios-we-shouldnt-be-surprised/

F5 Dave
24th December 2020, 15:01
Gee was Donald right? Oh I wish we'd listened to his much bigger brain. That's what you are trying to say yeah?

Because they had to waste time testing it cause that orange moron promoted it. Of course it didn't help C19 in real actual controlled trials. Why is that so hard to understand?.

You spouting fucking lies is just disinformation and you are complicit with the damage that shit causes.

R650R
27th December 2020, 10:32
You spouting fucking lies is just disinformation.....

Nothing to do with Trump.
If you widened your reading circle to sources outside the mainstream media machine you’ll find plenty of independant sources were saying hey we experimented with this and had some success.

Hydroxyclhoriquine has been around since 60’s been used years officially as anti malaria drug and its super cheap.

This statement has been fact checked and found to be true.

Kickaha
27th December 2020, 10:37
Nothing to do with Trump.
If you widened your reading circle to sources outside the mainstream media machine you’ll find plenty of independant sources were saying hey we experimented with this and had some success.

Hydroxyclhoriquine has been around since 60’s been used years officially as anti malaria drug and its super cheap.

This statement has been fact checked and found to be true.

It hasn't been proven anywhere that Hydroxyclhoriquine is effective

pritch
27th December 2020, 13:48
It hasn't been proven anywhere that Hydroxyclhoriquine is effective

It can cause heart problems, reports I saw recommended it not be used for COVID. I took it for its originally intended purpose, nobody even suggested heart problems were a possibility.

Multiple countries conducted trials simply because Trump suggested it. A completely ludicrous situation really.

Just as well he started with that otherwise they might have been injecting bleach or shoving lightbulbs up their arses before they realised he was an idiot.

Calix Lee
28th December 2020, 13:59
Will there be a second lockdown? Some European and S.E. Asian countries will close their borders because of Covid-19. I heard that the numbers are starting to spike up again.

husaberg
28th December 2020, 14:50
It can cause heart problems, reports I saw recommended it not be used for COVID. I took it for its originally intended purpose, nobody even suggested heart problems were a possibility.

Multiple countries conducted trials simply because Trump suggested it. A completely ludicrous situation really.

Just as well he started with that otherwise they might have been injecting bleach or shoving lightbulbs up their arses before they realised he was an idiot.

a couple of pages back there was the mention of Invermectins.
These are extensively used in the third world Afric situation to control river blindness.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onchocerciasis#:~:text=Onchocerciasis%2C%20also%20 known%20as%20river,due%20to%20infection%2C%20after %20trachoma.
Unlike trumps crap suggestions ivermectin has been shown to lower the incidence of death in clinical trials
I should note trump was taking hydroxychloroquine as a preventive measure prior to contracting covid:wacko:

Of course africa will be under reporting covid and it has a very young population

F5 Dave
28th December 2020, 19:17
Will there be a second lockdown? Some European and S.E. Asian countries will close their borders because of Covid-19. I heard that the numbers are starting to spike up again.

Where? We've had a 2nd localised lockdown in Auckland to quell a relatively small outbreak. There could likely be more. The border can't be impenetrable. There is still a pandemic on our doorstep. We must keep some guard and contact tracing and testing could help us keep our way of life in tact.

I've just attended a road race meeting with 2500 people. 3rd real road race meeting in the world this year apparently. Wouldn't happen if we had community transmission going on. Unlike some places where they seem to just hope for the best.

pritch
29th December 2020, 08:12
Hospital staff in the US are expecting a big surge of cases in the next couple of weeks following all the Christmas get-togethers. They are just getting over the effects of the Thankgsgiving weekend.

Murdoch's news empire has a lot to answer for. In the US they have created an alternate reality for almost half of the population. In Britain the Murdoch tabloids were influential in spreading misinformation about Brexit. In Australia Murdoch owned TV and papers push the right wing agenda.

pritch
3rd January 2021, 07:44
10 chars...

R650R
3rd January 2021, 11:46
True. Q has been making his prophesies for years without, as far as is known, a single one coming true...

You keep falling back to mentioning Q, despite being told repeatedly that it’s a known govt psy-op controlled outlet designed to discredit alternative media sources.

Bonez
3rd January 2021, 16:14
You keep falling back to mentioning Q, despite being told repeatedly that it’s a known govt psy-op controlled outlet designed to discredit alternative media sources.pritch will believe anything...

Like ANTIFA being peaceful protestors.

pete376403
3rd January 2021, 17:26
For those pointing to Sweden and its "herd immunity" strategy with no lockdowns and expecting people to co-operate with guidelines, unfortunately it didnt work all that well -

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-prageru-sweden-herd-immunit-idUSKBN28C2R7

https://www.worldpoliticsreview.com/articles/29296/in-sweden-herd-immunity-has-failed-tragically-will-there-be-a-reckoning

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200813/swedens-no-lockdown-policy-didnt-achieve-herd-immunity

F5 Dave
3rd January 2021, 19:03
It was a bold move for sure. But wherever there is limited data you have problems predicting the outcome.

Would be interesting if there is a infection vs mortality rate that makes it a viable strategy. I can't imagine that there is. Glad someone else did it rather than us. Its a good lesson and at least shut some of the Internet dicks up. Oh. No. They will still be just as deluded .

Kickaha
4th January 2021, 06:18
It was a bold move for sure. But wherever there is limited data you have problems predicting the outcome.

Would be interesting if there is a infection vs mortality rate that makes it a viable strategy. I can't imagine that there is. Glad someone else did it rather than us. Its a good lesson and at least shut some of the Internet dicks up. Oh. No. They will still be just as deluded .

I've seen multiple people point to Sweden and their herd immunity as a success, they obviously haven't done much reading up on it

Kickaha
4th January 2021, 06:32
You keep falling back to mentioning Q, despite being told repeatedly that it’s a known govt psy-op controlled outlet designed to discredit alternative media sources.

More likely Russian Govt though

It's actually not known to be anything and there are still a bunch of theories about who it is

husaberg
4th January 2021, 10:06

It's actually not known to be anything and there are still a bunch of theories about who it is

Remember this is the guy who claimed its all a conspiracy

Well well well, our journey into communist hell continues.

There has only been 1650 alleged cases (out of 700,000 tests!!!!) of the virus, but what has spread faster has been submission to communist control.
Nearly 2 million have downloaded the Covid app so you can be sent to a govt “ health” camp to catch the virus if you didnt already have it.

But yay 3 million kiwis have said no to turning their phone into govt spy device.

Tommorow is D-day, public transport will be the barometer of how many of us have rolled belly up to mask wearing.
Hopefully most will say screw this shit and drive their cars to work.

You don’t have to wear a mask if it affects your physical or mental health and you do NOT need to present documents to prove this.

Out and about it’s refreshing to see nearly No one scanning the qr code thingy.

It’s quite clear now as the mountain of contradictions grow that it’s not about stopping the “virus”..

Masks are for destroying social interaction and communication with strangers. You know those moments in life when some shitbag is bashing his missus and enough of you make visual contact to know you’ve got each other back and intervene.
But with masks there will never be any Flight 93 “lets roll” moments of bravery, you’ll never know if your fellow citizen is a Karen or Stasi as you reluctantly board the blacked out train carriage...
A cop will never see your friendly smile, never know you like them and not let you off that minor stop sign indescretion...

onearmedbandit
4th January 2021, 10:22
Remember this is the guy who claimed its all a conspiracy

Fuck that must be a scary world he lives in.

R650R
4th January 2021, 11:07

Could be right there. They did a slick job wit his RT Russia Today news network. At the start they did lots of pro 911 truth stuff, hired the hottest articulate news presenters prob straight out of project Sparrow. Suddenly we had ‘Independant’ news that we always wanted... then slowly their bias showed through. Still they do make some cool
documentaries....

But the main thing is anyone that suddenly rises to prominence should be suspect....

There’s an old Vietnam’s war vet saying....”if something makes you look up, you better look down real fast”

husaberg
4th January 2021, 12:11
Fuck that must be a scary world he lives in.

The stazi are clearly after him.
my understanding is its a coalition of them and former mod hitcher are behind Grammerly.

F5 Dave
5th January 2021, 09:56
Would you prefer Ants in your pants -
or a Spider in your bra?

These are the questions the government are REFUSING to answer.

But why?

Why indeed.

R650R
7th January 2021, 12:04
Would you prefer Ants in your pants -
or a Spider in your bra?

These are the questions the government are REFUSING to answer.

But why?

Why indeed.

Well the govt never knows much of any importance so theyÂ’ll have to hire a consultant for that.

An interesting tender thatÂ’s not a tender has been sent to transport companies.
The govt has a magical Wishlist for the vaccine distribution...
With a few problems....

They want to know who can offer a same day or overnight service... to 9 major locations then a subsequent 1000 sites where the vaccine will be available.
They want to know who can do this at minus 70deg Celsius and who has experience at doing this and monitoring temps in transit...
And has experience of large quantities of ‘hazardous’ dry ice aka frozen planet decimating carbon dioxide...
This is all despite the transport industry being under 24/7 surveillance that would put any meth dealer out of business if applied same way...
The govt knows nothing...

In my experience youÂ’ll be lucky if any chilled truck body or shipping reefer goes below -30 deg Celsius and even then thatÂ’s an average min temp due to required defrost cycles...
Whether thatÂ’s good enough in conjunction with a dry ice packaged product hhmmm....
Then thereÂ’s a shortage in that market sector already... so IÂ’d start stocking up on ice cream and frozen pizzas now if thatÂ’s your thing....
The smart thing would just be to send all the people on trains to the final destination where the vaccine is. We are a coastal nation with nowhere too far away from a rail linked seaport which is where the product is likely to land due to its shipping requirements...
But then youÂ’ve got your social distance and travel blocks during the next lockdown...

I did have to laugh at the Line of experience dealing with road blocks in govt request...

One things for sure some savvy trucking operator is going to get mega rich on this deal...
ThereÂ’s really only two maybe three outfits that could tender this job...

husaberg
7th January 2021, 12:43
Well the govt never knows much of any importance so theyÂ’ll have to hire a consultant for that.

An interesting tender thatÂ’s not a tender has been sent to transport companies.
The govt has a magical Wishlist for the vaccine distribution...
With a few problems....

They want to know who can offer a same day or overnight service... to 9 major locations then a subsequent 1000 sites where the vaccine will be available.
They want to know who can do this at minus 70deg Celsius and who has experience at doing this and monitoring temps in transit...
And has experience of large quantities of ‘hazardous’ dry ice aka frozen planet decimating carbon dioxide...
This is all despite the transport industry being under 24/7 surveillance that would put any meth dealer out of business if applied same way...
The govt knows nothing...

In my experience youÂ’ll be lucky if any chilled truck body or shipping reefer goes below -30 deg Celsius and even then thatÂ’s an average min temp due to required defrost cycles...
Whether thatÂ’s good enough in conjunction with a dry ice packaged product hhmmm....
Then thereÂ’s a shortage in that market sector already... so IÂ’d start stocking up on ice cream and frozen pizzas now if thatÂ’s your thing....
The smart thing would just be to send all the people on trains to the final destination where the vaccine is. We are a coastal nation with nowhere too far away from a rail linked seaport which is where the product is likely to land due to its shipping requirements...
But then youÂ’ve got your social distance and travel blocks during the next lockdown...

I did have to laugh at the Line of experience dealing with road blocks in govt request...

One things for sure some savvy trucking operator is going to get mega rich on this deal...
ThereÂ’s really only two maybe three outfits that could tender this job...

Both major AB companies in NZ more than meet that critera. They are able to move significant volumes of genetic material around NZ to remote locations on a daily basis to the 12000 odd dairy farms in NZ
So there is a major gap in what you actually know and what you think you know.
Maybe before you start spouting your abnormal conspiracies you do a tiny bit of research first.

pritch
9th January 2021, 14:40
There’s an old Vietnam’s war vet saying....”if something makes you look up, you better look down real fast”

There is? :sherlock:

pritch
9th January 2021, 14:57
Both major AB companies in NZ more than meet that critera. They are able to move significant volumes of genetic material around NZ to remote locations on a daily basis to the 12000 odd dairy farms in NZ
So there is a major gap in what you actually know and what you think you know.
Maybe before you start spouting your abnormal conspiracies you do a tiny bit of research first.

As I understand, and my understanding is limited, the only vaccine that requires storage at -70c is the BioNTech/Pfizer item. NZ has ordered 750,000 doses of that, enough to immunise 375,000 people. They might as well keep that in Auckland for the JAFAs and ship the more easily handled ones around the country.

With parts of Britain's NHS on the verge of collapse, everybody's favourire fascist, Nigel fucking Farage, is forming a new political party to replace the Brexit Party. One of the stated aims is to reduce the restrictions imposed to combat the Covid pandemic. Fucking marvellous!

James Deuce
9th January 2021, 15:43
As I understand, and my understanding is limited, the only vaccine that requires storage at -70c is the BioNTech/Pfizer item. NZ has ordered 750,000 doses of that, enough to immunise 375,000 people. They might as well keep that in Auckland for the JAFAs and ship the more easily handled ones around the country.

With parts of Britain's NHS on the verge of collapse, everybody's favourire fascist, Nigel fucking Farage, is forming a new political party to replace the Brexit Party. One of the stated aims is to reduce the restrictions imposed to combat the Covid pandemic. Fucking marvellous!
The vaccine approach is really cool. The one that needs cool storage is a traditional attenuated vaccine, that is it's a de-natured version of SARS-COV-2 designed to trigger an immune response with no symptomology, thereby making you immune. It's expensive and lengthy to develop, approve, manufacture and store. The other two are mRNA vaccines. The mRNA vaccines provide gene level protection against infection by telling your body what the bad guy looks like and is based in tech that took decades to create but allows for the rapid creation and deployment of a vaccine. This is why the gene profiling of COVID-19 is so important and what has enabled two vaccines to be created in weeks instead of years. Subsequent mutations of COVID-19 such as the new, more infectious version can be addressed rapidly thanks to this new vaccine approach. I'll be angling for the mRNA version myself. It's more likely to provide long term protection due to the method of stimulating your immune system. We live in fantastic times, in all senses of the word.

husaberg
9th January 2021, 16:12

Yeah i was just countering the limited understanding of R650, he posts crap claiming to be an expert when he's little more than a drip.

F5 Dave
9th January 2021, 19:43
The vaccine approach is really cool. The one that needs cool storage is a traditional attenuated vaccine, that is it's a de-natured version of SARS-COV-2 designed to trigger an immune response with no symptomology, thereby making you immune. It's expensive and lengthy to develop, approve, manufacture and store. The other two are mRNA vaccines. The mRNA vaccines provide gene level protection against infection by telling your body what the bad guy looks like and is based in tech that took decades to create but allows for the rapid creation and deployment of a vaccine. This is why the gene profiling of COVID-19 is so important and what has enabled two vaccines to be created in weeks instead of years. Subsequent mutations of COVID-19 such as the new, more infectious version can be addressed rapidly thanks to this new vaccine approach. I'll be angling for the mRNA version myself. It's more likely to provide long term protection due to the method of stimulating your immune system. We live in fantastic times, in all senses of the word.
Is that right? I thought they were all based mRNA which is why they came to fruition in similar timeframes? Heard some podcast about the development.

James Deuce
9th January 2021, 20:37
Is that right? I thought they were all based mRNA which is why they came to fruition in similar timeframes? Heard some podcast about the development.
One was in the works for much longer. The mRNA ones started months after the Pfizer one, but were ready much quicker. Development time was ludicrously short, in the order of weeks. The Pfizer one has been REALLY pushed hard to get what is normally years of work and trials compressed into a shorter time frame. They've done an astonishing job.

R650R
18th January 2021, 08:46
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EjrKpKZ63BM/YAJBoTpuvTI/AAAAAAAEQVU/FGUjmEB7cpAy18bJ-s6MPfSgbbTSAsgTgCNcBGAsYHQ/s1745/CANADA%2B%25282%2529.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fUVMjhUCy2E/YAJBodKbFtI/AAAAAAAEQVM/KNuZtTt4HvQP7Tz71g-YH_SOkvEzSjanACNcBGAsYHQ/s1750/CANADA%2B%25283%2529.jpg

RDJ
18th January 2021, 13:31
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EjrKpKZ63BM/YAJBoTpuvTI/AAAAAAAEQVU/FGUjmEB7cpAy18bJ-s6MPfSgbbTSAsgTgCNcBGAsYHQ/s1745/CANADA%2B%25282%2529.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fUVMjhUCy2E/YAJBodKbFtI/AAAAAAAEQVM/KNuZtTt4HvQP7Tz71g-YH_SOkvEzSjanACNcBGAsYHQ/s1750/CANADA%2B%25283%2529.jpg

Blast that man who introduces facts rather than rely on husarhetoric... / sarc.

Certainly I'm seeing large amounts of delayed treatments for necessary interventions, added to the ill-health of those separated by time and distance, plus e.g. mariners who've not been allowed ashore for months and not seen their families for over a year, to be very sure that the consequences of the political control decisions have been lethal and morbid indeed. Yet, people keep telling us we had to lockdown the village to save just a few of the villagers, even though we burned most of the villagers' lives and incomes and careers and relationships to the ground for the rest of their lives.

husaberg
18th January 2021, 17:13
Blast that man who introduces facts rather than rely on husarhetoric... / sarc.

Certainly I'm seeing large amounts of delayed treatments for necessary interventions, added to the ill-health of those separated by time and distance, plus e.g. mariners who've not been allowed ashore for months and not seen their families for over a year, to be very sure that the consequences of the political control decisions have been lethal and morbid indeed. Yet, people keep telling us we had to lockdown the village to save just a few of the villagers, even though we burned most of the villagers' lives and incomes and careers and relationships to the ground for the rest of their lives.

Maybe you would like to calculate the number of people that die each year of preventable diseases due to lies spread about vaccine safety.
Or do you not have a press release from the national party to claim as being your own.
https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/188175-The-journey-that-COVID-19-will-take-us-on?p=1131172984#post1131172984

R650R
24th January 2021, 10:03
As of Dec 4 2020

1,298,455 Total tests

25 dead

Well I was right, mainstream press and health fept admit we never got to zero cases as shown by my maths. You’d think a decent journalist would have spotted that by now for themselves...
I do live how they just conveniently dismiss the undetected cases and the lovely miracle they didn’t cause other outbreaks..,,

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/300212154/zero-cases-the-coronavirus-milestone-that-was-actually-probably-a-myth

sugilite
25th January 2021, 11:46
This is simply not good enough, Jacinda and team need a kick in the arse.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300213632/covid19-businesses-visited-by-northland-case-angry-at-lack-of-guidance

R650R
25th January 2021, 12:07
This is simply not good enough, Jacinda and team need a kick in the arse.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300213632/covid19-businesses-visited-by-northland-case-angry-at-lack-of-guidance

HOW DARE YOU CRITICIZE OUR SUPREME LEADER JACINDA.
Jacinda is doing her best your NZ in these UNPRECEDENTED circumstances, Jacinda is our single source or truth, Jacinda is our Covid expert. She knows all the right decisions to make and the best decisions e to give based on current knowledge of the UNPRECEDENTED virus.
Jacinda has done a supreme UNPRECEDENTED job of saving NZ, how dare you critique her in these a UNPRECEDENTED times.

That article sums up loser attitudes of a handout society waiting for instruction.... Jesus h Christ in a disaster you don’t wait for orders from HQ you use your initiative as the first photo caption says. I’ve deliberately ignored all the fear mongering covid news but even I’ve heard enough snippets to know you close your doors, deep clean premises and have staff self isolate or tested etc... not fkn rocket science....

Bye this sick lady has had virus for two weeks been mobile and not dead, sounds lot like a cold or flu but I could be wrong... Shows the folly of contact tracing, it DOESNT stop virus, people are calling her a super spreader for having a life but she’s been a perfect team player pointlessly scanning ... didn’t stop her getting sick did it... I’d LOVE to see someone extrapolate the potential number of exposed people vs how many actually contract the virus via this woman. Guarantee you won’t hear BO PEEP out of media on that angle.... this would be a perfect case study of a patient zero scenario....

F5 Dave
25th January 2021, 12:19
How on earth does the logic in your head work?

She probably caught it in MIQ towards the end of her tenure and developed symptoms some while later from what they are suggesting.

So are you really gauging the efficacy of the virus on the case study of ONE woman? Really? Really??..

pritch
27th January 2021, 14:35
Shows the folly of contact tracing, it DOESNT stop virus, people are calling her a super spreader for having a life but she’s been a perfect team player pointlessly scanning ... didn’t stop her getting sick did it... I’d LOVE to see someone extrapolate the potential number of exposed people vs how many actually contract the virus via this woman. Guarantee you won’t hear BO PEEP out of media on that angle.... this would be a perfect case study of a patient zero scenario....

Contract tracing is not folly. It works.

Scanning isn't pointless, but how exactly would it stop anybody getting sick?

They are trying to work out how many people have contracted the virus from this woman, so far it seems the answer is none.
There is a press conference shortly which may, or may not, change that.

Vaccines don't stop people spreading the disease. Non symptomatic vaccinated sufferers can still spread the virus through their breath.

husaberg
27th January 2021, 16:38
Vaccines don't stop people spreading the disease. Non symptomatic vaccinated sufferers can still spread the virus through their breath.

Vaccines do stop people from spreading diseases when enough people are vaccinated as it breaks the cycle of infection, also the fact that it stops over 60% of people catching it stops the spread less infected people less vectors.
Interesting how those proponents of herd immunity cant see how it works the same and both need high levels to achieve the result.

pritch
28th January 2021, 10:20
Vaccines do stop people from spreading diseases when enough people are vaccinated as it breaks the cycle of infection,

Your comment is correct as far as it goes but you missed the point. The vaccine does not sterilise nostrils. This comment was made by a Pfizer rep explaining why masks will be required for some time after the population has been vaccinated.

Mike Hosking has been banging on about vaccine passports. He seems to be assuming that people are immune once vaccinated. That's not the case, they can both catch the virus and spread it after being vaccinated.

F5 Dave
28th January 2021, 12:06
This is something they said they were still unsure of a little while back. I'd like to read up if you have a reputable link.

pritch
28th January 2021, 13:34
This is something they said they were still unsure of a little while back. I'd like to read up if you have a reputable link.

Assuming it's my comment you're asking about? I heard it in a podcast months ago. I can't even be sure which of the pocasts I listen to it might have been, but supect it was an episode of "The New Abnormal". There was an interview with a scientist, it was he who said "It doesn't sterilise your nostrils." I've looked back through the episode titles without success. A deeper dive may produce results. *

Meantime there's this which has similar information. There's also various Pfizer and other medical FAQs and information sheets that refer to the need for continued precautions.

https://abc7ny.com/covid-vaccine-masks-mask-wearing-pfizer/9139874/

And so it came to pass. Podcast "The New Abnormal" 10 November 2020

If you haven't got an hour to listen to the whole show what follows is the precise of the interview.

"In happier news, famed scientist and physician Eric Topol says the early results about the new COVID vaccine really are a ray of hope. He believes it might even be a so-called “superhuman vaccine… meaning it’s even more powerful than the typical human response,” he tells Molly. “We could see the virus having a hard time finding people to infect by mid-year… This virus will probably be endemic. It'll be here for years. But it's just going to have a harder time finding people.” But don’t throw out your masks or anything, he warns. “They're going to be really important in 2021… First of all, the vaccines, when we talk about 90% efficacy, that's against pneumonia or getting your body infected with illness, it doesn't sterilize the upper respiratory tract. That is the nose. And so you could be a carrier of the virus. You’re going to have to wear a mask because you won't know if the virus is sitting” in your nose. So, not back to normal any time soon. But we’ll take it."

F5 Dave
28th January 2021, 16:44
Interesting, heres what I took from that

". . . Here's what the studies don't yet show. They haven't looked at whether the vaccine prevents someone from carrying COVID-19 and spreading it to others. It's possible that someone could get the vaccine but could still be an asymptomatic carrier.. . . "

So best to assume that is the case and wait for studies to confirm or alleviate that risk.

Oh but the gummermint is trying to control me by making me blah blah. Sure. The powers that be want to make you harder to identify thus controlling you. That makes sense :facepalm:

husaberg
28th January 2021, 17:32
Assuming it's my comment you're asking about? I heard it in a podcast months ago. I can't even be sure which of the pocasts I listen to it might have been, but supect it was an episode of "The New Abnormal". There was an interview with a scientist, it was he who said "It doesn't sterilise your nostrils." I've looked back through the episode titles without success. A deeper dive may produce results. *

Meantime there's this which has similar information. There's also various Pfizer and other medical FAQs and information sheets that refer to the need for continued precautions.

https://abc7ny.com/covid-vaccine-masks-mask-wearing-pfizer/9139874/

And so it came to pass. Podcast "The New Abnormal" 10 November 2020

If you haven't got an hour to listen to the whole show what follows is the precise of the interview.

"In happier news, famed scientist and physician Eric Topol says the early results about the new COVID vaccine really are a ray of hope. He believes it might even be a so-called “superhuman vaccine… meaning it’s even more powerful than the typical human response,” he tells Molly. “We could see the virus having a hard time finding people to infect by mid-year… This virus will probably be endemic. It'll be here for years. But it's just going to have a harder time finding people.” But don’t throw out your masks or anything, he warns. “They're going to be really important in 2021… First of all, the vaccines, when we talk about 90% efficacy, that's against pneumonia or getting your body infected with illness, it doesn't sterilize the upper respiratory tract. That is the nose. And so you could be a carrier of the virus. You’re going to have to wear a mask because you won't know if the virus is sitting” in your nose. So, not back to normal any time soon. But we’ll take it."
Sorry pritch i am struggling with that one as flu and other vaccines do exactly this.
without widespread people infected it isn't going to be inhabiting our bodies.

It relies on a reservoir host to replicate.
more people with resistance equal's fewer people to infect
Also generally, the virus gets less deadly as new strains emerge as a virus cant replicate successfully if it quickly kills the host.

ellipsis
28th January 2021, 18:57
...wouldn't a vaccine that stopped herd stupidity be great,,,I'm sure fizzer are working on one but I bet it wouldn't be pushed on the general populace let alone funded...couldn't reign without a stupid populace, could they...

pritch
28th January 2021, 19:07
Sorry pritch i am struggling with that one as flu and other vaccines do exactly this.
without widespread people infected it isn't going to be inhabiting our bodies.

It relies on a reservoir host to replicate.
more people with resistance equal's fewer people to infect
Also generally, the virus gets less deadly as new strains emerge as a virus cant replicate successfully if it quickly kills the host.

Yeah you're right, you're looking at the big picture. He's right too, he's talking person to person and why you should wear a mask even if vaccinated.

husaberg
28th January 2021, 20:04
Yeah you're right, you're looking at the big picture. He's right too, he's talking person to person and why you should wear a mask even if vaccinated.

i get that but foer sure, but if enough people vaccinated the virus cant survive as it limits the number of hosts, person to person needs to be infected and lots of people at risk of infection, if enough people are vaccinated the virus dies out.
What he's suggesting relies on the virus being widespread in the atmosphere. that just doesn't happen without a large number of infected people shedding the virus.
It's a minor risk factor.

F5 Dave
28th January 2021, 20:08
Yeah but they are saying until then​ people should still mask if community cases present.

husaberg
28th January 2021, 20:11
Yeah but they are saying until then​ people should still mask if community cases present.
well yes, as the Japanese do it's common courtesy.

pritch
28th January 2021, 20:49
well yes, as the Japanese do it's common courtesy.

Chortle. The scientist is in the USA and you may have noticed, common courtesy is seriously uncommon there. Too many fuckwits more worried about their rights than everybody else's health.

Viking01
29th January 2021, 22:23
https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2021/01/oxford-pledged-to-donate-covid-vaccine-rights-then-sold-them-thanks-to-bill-gates.html

Bill,
And you wonder why some people have doubt as to your role and intentions (conspiracy theory, even) regarding Covid vaccines.

R650R
30th January 2021, 11:44
https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2021/01/oxford-pledged-to-donate-covid-vaccine-rights-then-sold-them-thanks-to-bill-gates.html

Bill,
And you wonder why some people have doubt as to your role and intentions (conspiracy theory, even) regarding Covid vaccines.

You can see why he got out of computers, early in this clip is a bit where he says the return on investment is 20 to 1 on vaccines!!!!!
And let's not forget his business model where you buy a substandard unfinished produc that needs " updates" later.

https://ourtube.co.uk/watch/UIawpstyY9TbHFv

So never mind any of the conspiracy theories, purely from a product safety/function standpoint anything this guy makes his dubious.....

R650R
30th January 2021, 11:53
Your comment is correct as far as it goes but you missed the point. The vaccine does not sterilise nostrils. This comment was made by a Pfizer rep explaining why masks will be required for some time after the population has been vaccinated.

Mike Hosking has been banging on about vaccine passports. He seems to be assuming that people are immune once vaccinated. That's not the case, they can both catch the virus and spread it after being vaccinated.

Part of the way our immune systems work is the amount of viral loading they are dealing with. Eg for something the body can fight a small amount is quickly dealt with. But if the body is hit with a high viral loading it might be overwhelmed by the same bug.
So what's going to happen when everyone is walking around with moist Petri dishes over their mouths which the majority will be unable to avoid touching or repositioning frequent,y....
I mean if you were a virus would you want to be floating in free air getting zapped by the sun or would you want to be resting on a perfect moist warm reproduction centre with powered air flow and automatic redistribution....

Berries
30th January 2021, 22:59
This will make you cough - China says you can stick it up your arse. (https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/covid-19-coronavirus-china-starts-using-anal-swabs-to-test-high-risk-people-for-virus/PPFCFKSCIGQBISDJLUP5L7KXRE/)

pritch
31st January 2021, 09:13
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/31/in-the-search-for-covid-protection-cormac-the-extremely-charismatic-llama-may-hold-a-key

Viking01
31st January 2021, 13:24
https://thediplomat.com/2021/01/great-power-competition-and-the-covid-19-vaccine-race/

R650R
31st January 2021, 13:53
This will make you cough - China says you can stick it up your arse. (https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/covid-19-coronavirus-china-starts-using-anal-swabs-to-test-high-risk-people-for-virus/PPFCFKSCIGQBISDJLUP5L7KXRE/)

I’ll wait with baited breath for a nz journalist with balls to ask Jacinda at next press conference why aren’t we doing that test lol...

Wonder if all the virtuous self righteous Karen’s our there will be demanding and volunteering for this test...

It kinda makes sense tho when exosomes (what the tests detects) are the body taking out the trash as it decontaminated itself of dead cellular material.
So will farting in public become the same as coughing in a supermarket?
Cause two layers of cotton don’t stop them spreading... yet one layer mask protects against nano size virus?????

F5 Dave
31st January 2021, 14:03
. . . contained in droplets.

So, are you really questioning medical advice from actual experts? Or are you getting your information from The Don?

R650R
1st February 2021, 19:35
https://thediplomat.com/2021/01/great-power-competition-and-the-covid-19-vaccine-race/

Won’t be even rolling out here in a hurry.

Despite our supreme leaders promise that NZ would be the first to get it.... we have been reminded that we are small fry on world stage. It seems the people in charge dicked around prob trying to negotiate some $2 discount or identity politics in the mix and anyway we have ended up long ways down the delivery que....

pritch
2nd February 2021, 12:00
It's behind a paywall so I can't post it here.

There's an article in the Washington Post reporting a spike in diabetes cases among people who have had Covid. The doctors have no idea what causes the increase but the numbers are too high to discount. In the US that's serious because insulin costs are high (+ or - $1000 per month) and people die because they tried to ration it or couldn't afford it at all.

F5 Dave
2nd February 2021, 12:09
Won’t be even rolling out here in a hurry.

Despite our supreme leaders promise that NZ would be the first to get it.... we have been reminded that we are small fry on world stage. It seems the people in charge dicked around prob trying to negotiate some $2 discount or identity politics in the mix and anyway we have ended up long ways down the delivery que....

Thats a bit of selective memory there. They never promised that we would be first to get it.

To be fair there are other countries in far greater need.

Bonez
6th February 2021, 06:24
Just carrying on as usuial. Got the trree I dropped yesterday morning with my trusty tree limp trimmer using a few more hand tools while Moaning Millennial Motorcyclists where nigh nighs counting sheep.:rolleyes:

No need to anoy the neighbors at that time with a noicy, smoking, smelly 2-stroke chain saw this time of the morning and dressing like a hero in the Zombie Apocalypse. Just were gummys, gardening gloves and my 1989 Cold Kiwi sweat shirt(a rather good quality piece of apparel) and some rather revealing shorts that would make the KB knitting circle ladies blush.:lol:

sugilite
6th February 2021, 07:05
It is so nice to take a breather from the serious subject of covid to read a cool story from boner on how he likes to chop his own wood ;)

husaberg
6th February 2021, 07:55
boner on how he likes to chop his own wood ;)

Word on the street is,its chopped rather short.
https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/563/2016/04/Little-Trump.jpg

Bonez
6th February 2021, 08:11
I knew the post would get you Ladies fizzing at the bung. You are just so predictable:whistle:

Just saying....

mashman
8th February 2021, 21:24
Could alter avg life expectancy somewhat... although that'll be good news for the future of pensions.

Pfizer COVID Vaccine Trial Shows Alarming Evidence of Pathogenic Priming in Older Adults (https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/pfizer-covid-vaccine-trial-pathogenic-priming/)

pritch
9th February 2021, 17:26
Could alter avg life expectancy somewhat... although that'll be good news for the future of pensions.

Pfizer COVID Vaccine Trial Shows Alarming Evidence of Pathogenic Priming in Older Adults (https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/pfizer-covid-vaccine-trial-pathogenic-priming/)

That would have been more convincing if it wasn't attributed to one of the world's most notorious anti-vaxxers. That doesn't say he's wrong, but it does mean the work is suspect.

mashman
10th February 2021, 10:04
That would have been more convincing if it wasn't attributed to one of the world's most notorious anti-vaxxers. That doesn't say he's wrong, but it does mean the work is suspect.

I found that most of the research mentioned not being undertaken by anti-vaxxers helped too. So yeah, he may well be right like all broken clocks too.

mashman
13th February 2021, 17:30
Coronavirus Scandal Breaking in Merkel’s Germany. False Positives and the Drosten PCR Test (https://www.lewrockwell.com/2021/02/no_author/coronavirus-scandal-breaking-in-merkels-germany-false-positives-and-the-drosten-pcr-test/)

"On November 27 a highly-respected group of 23 international virologists, microbiologists and related scientists published a call for Eurosurveillance to retract the January 23, 2020 Drosten article. Their careful analysis of the original piece is damning. Theirs is a genuine “peer review.”".

Back in Jan 2020 eh. Damn was I wrong about it all back then.

husaberg
13th February 2021, 18:15
Coronavirus Scandal Breaking in Merkel’s Germany. False Positives and the Drosten PCR Test (https://www.lewrockwell.com/2021/02/no_author/coronavirus-scandal-breaking-in-merkels-germany-false-positives-and-the-drosten-pcr-test/)

"On November 27 a highly-respected group of 23 international virologists, microbiologists and related scientists published a call for Eurosurveillance to retract the January 23, 2020 Drosten article. Their careful analysis of the original piece is damning. Theirs is a genuine “peer review.”".

Back in Jan 2020 eh. Damn was I wrong about it all back then.

Daming indeed anyone who claims that its not widely know that no biological virus test is 100% accurate is an idiot.
https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-health-advice-public/assessment-and-testing-covid-19/covid-19-test-results-and-their-accuracy
All tests are a balance of sensitivity and specificity.
https://cdn.technologynetworks.com/tn/images/body/sensitivityvsspecificitygraph11555334230290.png

Also
Article Reprinted with permission from Global Research.
The same conspiracy website the US state department says
quote "A report by the U.S. State Department in August 2020 accused the website of being a proxy for the Russian disinformation campaign"
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/05/us/politics/state-department-russian-disinformation.html

So your latest damming evidence is only an indication of people's gullibility.

F5 Dave
14th February 2021, 19:43
So who hasn't been tagging in, because of Stalin and Jewish space lasers?. Thanks guys.

slofox
15th February 2021, 14:58
Like many, I have the covid app installed on my phone and use it regularly.

It sends me quite a few notifications but never supplies any info about why it alerted me. What's that about then? Is the app crazy or am I?

Thanks

F5 Dave
15th February 2021, 19:54
No idea, go into settings and check what you have set on.

slofox
16th February 2021, 06:40
No idea, go into settings and check what you have set on.

Been there done that. Nothing obvious.

I seem to remember hearing that this does happen in some cases. This may be one of those cases.

pritch
16th February 2021, 06:45
Like many, I have the covid app installed on my phone and use it regularly.

It sends me quite a few notifications but never supplies any info about why it alerted me. What's that about then? Is the app crazy or am I?

Thanks

Beats me. The only notification I’ve had was the notification that COVID was in the community the other night. I do use the app and have the Bluetooth part set up and turned on.

R650R
16th February 2021, 21:05
So who hasn't been tagging in, because of Stalin and Jewish space lasers?. Thanks guys.

It’s irrelevant, Jacinda doesn’t even want people in the obvious source town to get tested unless they feel sick....
And once again we have female travellers who allegedly made a long distance journey without using public toilet or food services between destinations in holiday traffic....
We went HARD and we went EARLY to eliminate the virus....
We have no virus in NZ according to Jacinda....we eliminated the virus

Who knows if the virus isn’t spreading by traditional means, birds, ships rats and fleas etc...

F5 Dave
17th February 2021, 06:00
I don't know where to even start with that:brick:

pritch
17th February 2021, 09:26
It’s irrelevant, Jacinda doesn’t even want people in the obvious source town to get tested unless they feel sick....
And once again we have female travellers who allegedly made a long distance journey without using public toilet or food services between destinations in holiday traffic....

In New Plymouth people had to queue for up to four hours to get tested. Two reasons for that: 1) the testers didn't start work until 9.00AM and people had been queueing since 7.00, I'd have thought the staff could have shown a greater sense of urgency but I don't run a hospital, 2) people who had neither contact nor symptoms showing up for testing and clogging up the system.

Last night there was a woman on the news talking about long distance journeys with no gas or food etc. Her comments were as ill informed as yours. For days there has been a list on the Health Dept web site: gas stations, food stops, tourist spots, motel, shops visited etc etc. It does get updated with additional detail but most of that information has been there since early on.

COVID-19: Contact tracing locations of interest

Location name Address Day Time Contact Category What to do
BP Papakura BP Motorway Service Centre, Auckland Southern Motorway, Rosehill 6 Feb 7.00am - 8.15am Casual Plus Please stay at home and get tested ASAP and call Healthline on 08003585453.
McDonalds Southern Motorway (Drury) BP Motorway Service Centre, Auckland Southern Motorway, Rosehill 6 Feb 6.30 am - 7.30 am Casual Plus Please stay at home and get tested ASAP and call Healthline on 08003585453.
GAS Piopio 94 Moa Street, Pio Pio 6 Feb 8.30 am - 9.30 am Casual Plus Please stay at home and get tested ASAP and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Te Rewarewa Bridge Fitzroy, New Plymouth 6 Feb 12 pm - 1.30 pm Casual Monitor your health for the next 14 days. If you begin to feel unwell or develop any COVID-19 symptoms, contact Healthline on 0800 358 5453
Sumela Kebab 6 Breakwater Road, New Plymouth 6 Feb 12.30 pm - 2.30 pm Casual plus Please stay at home and get tested ASAP and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Amber Court Motel 100 Leach Street, New Plymouth 6 - 8 Feb 1.30 pm 6 Feb - 10.30 am 8 Feb Casual Plus Please stay at home and get tested ASAP and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Pukekura Park Pukekura Park New Plymouth 6 Feb 5.30 pm - 9 pm Casual Monitor your health for the next 14 days. If you begin to feel unwell or develop any COVID-19 symptoms, contact Healthline on 0800 358 5453
Egmont National Park New Plymouth
(The Pouakai Range - Mangorei Track). 7 Feb 7.30 am - 3.30 pm Casual Monitor your health for the next 14 days. If you begin to feel unwell or develop any COVID-19 symptoms, contact Healthline on 0800 358 5453
Cycle Inn New Plymouth 133 Devon Street East, New Plymouth 8 Feb 9.30 am - 11 am Casual Plus Please stay at home and get tested ASAP and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Puke Ariki Museum 1 Ariki Street, New Plymouth 8 Feb 11.45 am - 2.15 pm Casual Plus Please stay at home and get tested ASAP and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Pizza Hut New Plymouth Cnr Gover Street and Leach Street, New Plymouth 8 Feb 1.15 pm - 2.45 pm Casual Plus Please stay at home and get tested ASAP and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Back Beach New Plymouth 8 Feb 2 pm - 5 pm Casual Monitor your health for the next 14 days. If you begin to feel unwell or develop any COVID-19 symptoms, contact Healthline on 0800 358 5453
BP Breakwater Road, New Plymouth 7 Breakwater Road, New Plymouth 8 Feb 3.30 pm - 4.35 pm Casual Plus Please stay at home and get tested ASAP and call Healthline on 08003585453.
McDonalds Otorohanga 117 Maniapoto Street, Otorohanga 8 Feb 4 pm - 5.30 pm Casual Plus Please stay at home and get tested ASAP and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Pak'nSave Manukau 6 Cavendish Drive, Manukau 12 Feb 3.45 pm - 5.00 pm Casual plus Please stay at home and get a test on the 17th of February and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Chemist Warehouse Westfield Manukau 5 Putney Way, Manukau 12 Feb 11.30am - 2pm Casual plus Please stay at home and get a test on the 17th of February and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Ranfurly Skinny Superette 17E Ranfurly Road, Papatoetoe 12 Feb 5.30pm - 6.35pm Casual plus Please stay at home and get a test on the 17th of February and call Healthline on 0800 358 5453.
Bunnings Warehouse Manukau 55 Lambie Drive, Manukau 13 Feb 8.30am - 10.00am Casual plus Please stay at home and get a test on the 18th of February and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Bunnings Warehouse Takanini 167 Great South Road, Takanini 13 Feb 1.00pm - 2.30pm Casual plus Please stay at home and get a test on the 18th of February and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Bunnings Warehouse Botany 320 Ti Rakau Drive, Burswood 13 Feb 1.30pm - 4.30pm Casual plus Please stay at home and get a test on the 18th of February and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Ranfurly Skinny Superette 17E Ranfurly Road, Papatoetoe 13 Feb 5.30pm - 6.30pm Casual plus Please stay at home and get a test on the 18th of February and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Papatoetoe High School Our key advice here is to stay home and self-isolate until you receive further information from the school.

R650R
17th February 2021, 16:12
In New Plymouth people had to queue for up to four hours to get tested. Two reasons for that: 1) the testers didn't start work until 9.00AM and people had been queueing since 7.00, I'd have thought the staff could have shown a greater sense of urgency but I don't run a hospital, 2) people who had neither contact nor symptoms showing up for testing and clogging up the system.

Last night there was a woman on the news talking about long distance journeys with no gas or food etc. Her comments were as ill informed as yours. For days there has been a list on the Health Dept web site: gas stations, food stops, tourist spots, motel, shops visited etc etc. It does get updated with additional detail but most of that information has been there since early on.

COVID-19: Contact tracing locations of interest

Location name Address Day Time Contact Category What to do
BP Papakura BP Motorway Service Centre, Auckland Southern Motorway, Rosehill 6 Feb 7.00am - 8.15am Casual Plus Please stay at home and get tested ASAP and call Healthline on 08003585453.
McDonalds Southern Motorway (Drury) BP Motorway Service Centre, Auckland Southern Motorway, Rosehill 6 Feb 6.30 am - 7.30 am Casual Plus Please stay at home and get tested ASAP and call Healthline on 08003585453.
GAS Piopio 94 Moa Street, Pio Pio 6 Feb 8.30 am - 9.30 am Casual Plus Please stay at home and get tested ASAP and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Te Rewarewa Bridge Fitzroy, New Plymouth 6 Feb 12 pm - 1.30 pm Casual Monitor your health for the next 14 days. If you begin to feel unwell or develop any COVID-19 symptoms, contact Healthline on 0800 358 5453
Sumela Kebab 6 Breakwater Road, New Plymouth 6 Feb 12.30 pm - 2.30 pm Casual plus Please stay at home and get tested ASAP and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Amber Court Motel 100 Leach Street, New Plymouth 6 - 8 Feb 1.30 pm 6 Feb - 10.30 am 8 Feb Casual Plus Please stay at home and get tested ASAP and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Pukekura Park Pukekura Park New Plymouth 6 Feb 5.30 pm - 9 pm Casual Monitor your health for the next 14 days. If you begin to feel unwell or develop any COVID-19 symptoms, contact Healthline on 0800 358 5453
Egmont National Park New Plymouth
(The Pouakai Range - Mangorei Track). 7 Feb 7.30 am - 3.30 pm Casual Monitor your health for the next 14 days. If you begin to feel unwell or develop any COVID-19 symptoms, contact Healthline on 0800 358 5453
Cycle Inn New Plymouth 133 Devon Street East, New Plymouth 8 Feb 9.30 am - 11 am Casual Plus Please stay at home and get tested ASAP and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Puke Ariki Museum 1 Ariki Street, New Plymouth 8 Feb 11.45 am - 2.15 pm Casual Plus Please stay at home and get tested ASAP and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Pizza Hut New Plymouth Cnr Gover Street and Leach Street, New Plymouth 8 Feb 1.15 pm - 2.45 pm Casual Plus Please stay at home and get tested ASAP and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Back Beach New Plymouth 8 Feb 2 pm - 5 pm Casual Monitor your health for the next 14 days. If you begin to feel unwell or develop any COVID-19 symptoms, contact Healthline on 0800 358 5453
BP Breakwater Road, New Plymouth 7 Breakwater Road, New Plymouth 8 Feb 3.30 pm - 4.35 pm Casual Plus Please stay at home and get tested ASAP and call Healthline on 08003585453.
McDonalds Otorohanga 117 Maniapoto Street, Otorohanga 8 Feb 4 pm - 5.30 pm Casual Plus Please stay at home and get tested ASAP and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Pak'nSave Manukau 6 Cavendish Drive, Manukau 12 Feb 3.45 pm - 5.00 pm Casual plus Please stay at home and get a test on the 17th of February and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Chemist Warehouse Westfield Manukau 5 Putney Way, Manukau 12 Feb 11.30am - 2pm Casual plus Please stay at home and get a test on the 17th of February and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Ranfurly Skinny Superette 17E Ranfurly Road, Papatoetoe 12 Feb 5.30pm - 6.35pm Casual plus Please stay at home and get a test on the 17th of February and call Healthline on 0800 358 5453.
Bunnings Warehouse Manukau 55 Lambie Drive, Manukau 13 Feb 8.30am - 10.00am Casual plus Please stay at home and get a test on the 18th of February and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Bunnings Warehouse Takanini 167 Great South Road, Takanini 13 Feb 1.00pm - 2.30pm Casual plus Please stay at home and get a test on the 18th of February and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Bunnings Warehouse Botany 320 Ti Rakau Drive, Burswood 13 Feb 1.30pm - 4.30pm Casual plus Please stay at home and get a test on the 18th of February and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Ranfurly Skinny Superette 17E Ranfurly Road, Papatoetoe 13 Feb 5.30pm - 6.30pm Casual plus Please stay at home and get a test on the 18th of February and call Healthline on 08003585453.
Papatoetoe High School Our key advice here is to stay home and self-isolate until you receive further information from the school.

Yes I have to agree pritch... I had a senior moment and thought stuff news was publishing facts instead of fear and opinion... If this virus is as bad as they say the govt should have wartime powers over the mainstream media and make sure the right info is published.
There’s so much fluff and filling even if you were over that way you’d miss the info you just posted as it’s buried in so many updates....

As for the 9am start I guess it takes time to set up faculty with all the associated osh crap but shows what a puss poor outfit any govt is at running any saga.

pritch
17th February 2021, 19:03
As for the 9am start I guess it takes time to set up faculty with all the associated osh crap but shows what a puss poor outfit any govt is at running any saga.

This has been mentioned in the USA. The virus is working 24/7, the people fighting it are working 8.00 'til 4.00. There were suggestions that vaccinations be available 24/7. It could be done using the resources of the military but being outside the mainstream, and the litigious nature of society in the US, that may present a big hurdle to jump.

We were told there was an existing testing facility in New Plymouth. It shouldn't take until 9.00AM for them to open for business following an alert.

husaberg
17th February 2021, 20:15
This has been mentioned in the USA. The virus is working 24/7, the people fighting it are working 8.00 'til 4.00. There were suggestions that vaccinations be available 24/7. It could be done using the resources of the military but being outside the mainstream, and the litigious nature of society in the US, that may present a big hurdle to jump.

We were told there was an existing testing facility in New Plymouth. It shouldn't take until 9.00AM for them to open for business following an alert.

No need to Worry

CORONAVIRUS WILL “MIRACULOUSLY” GO AWAY BY APRIL
Donald Trump told supporters at a rally in New Hampshire Monday night that the virus will be gone by April, claiming that when temperatures rise, “the virus” will “miraculously” go away.
FEBRUARY 11, 2020

no vaccinations at night, If only medical facilities were open 24 hours a day........:niceone:

mashman
20th February 2021, 07:02
Faith in Quick Test Leads to Epidemic That Wasn’t (https://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/22/health/22whoop.html)

"Yet, epidemiologists say, one of the most troubling aspects of the pseudo-epidemic is that all the decisions seemed so sensible at the time.

Dr. Katrina Kretsinger, a medical epidemiologist at the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, who worked on the case along with her colleague Dr. Manisha Patel, does not fault the Dartmouth doctors.

“The issue was not that they overreacted or did anything inappropriate at all,” Dr. Kretsinger said. Instead, it is that there is often is no way to decide early on whether an epidemic is under way."

----------------

Given the fallout of this pseudo-epidemic, perhaps waiting until one can identify the damned thing for sure before hitting the brakes would be a good approach.

husaberg
20th February 2021, 08:17
Faith in Quick Test Leads to Epidemic That Wasn’t (https://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/22/health/22whoop.html)

"Yet, epidemiologists say, one of the most troubling aspects of the pseudo-epidemic is that all the decisions seemed so sensible at the time.

Dr. Katrina Kretsinger, a medical epidemiologist at the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, who worked on the case along with her colleague Dr. Manisha Patel, does not fault the Dartmouth doctors.

“The issue was not that they overreacted or did anything inappropriate at all,” Dr. Kretsinger said. Instead, it is that there is often is no way to decide early on whether an epidemic is under way."

----------------

Given the fallout of this pseudo-epidemic, perhaps waiting until one can identify the damned thing for sure before hitting the brakes would be a good approach.

You do realise this is the covid 19 thread in 2021?

Viking01
23rd February 2021, 14:46
Amazing how a little political distraction can take one's focus off the Covid death rate.

In the case of the US, it ticked over 300,00 back on 12 Dec 2020. Today, just over 2 months later, it ticked over 500,000.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

F5 Dave
23rd February 2021, 17:02
Are you sure? I heard that it wasn't that serious.

Quick!

Look over there.

R650R
23rd February 2021, 20:42
What an absolute joke of a saga this is turnin into....

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/300237685/covid19-two-more-community-cases-announced--siblings-of-papatoetoe-high-student

Btw..., remember the P house days... when cops would raid a house and they would hose down people in street with firehouse incase they had chemicals on them.....

But covid oh just put a disposable mask on your fine.....

F5 Dave
24th February 2021, 06:07
Car crash. Just put a seatbelt on you're fine. Bike crash, a helmet.

Nobody ever said that. You're making stuff up. Again.

pete376403
25th February 2021, 11:32
Background on the idiot australian
https://thespinoff.co.nz/media/25-02-2021/who-is-lucinda-baulch-the-australian-who-refused-a-covid-test/?fbclid=IwAR1dlZZ2sfyjuuMEKncZhEzrXy4ig8YH2FZxcGBB opH4V8dTI3dhUyOkaIo#.YDbgU1CHlys.facebook

F5 Dave
25th February 2021, 17:21
She seems nice.

Viking01
27th February 2021, 13:38
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/covid-19-late-for-my-vaccine-appointment-88-year-old-caught-14290228

F5 Dave
27th February 2021, 19:56
Should have broken 200 and he might have gotten there quick enough not to get caught.

scumdog
28th February 2021, 19:16
So how China continues to live as if nothing happened after this virus spread to the world?

Because the Chinese government lies so much?:crazy:

Viking01
3rd March 2021, 09:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWNkJUDctdk&feature=youtu.be

rustys
3rd March 2021, 13:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWNkJUDctdk&feature=youtu.be

MUST WATCH !!!!! HERE IS THE TRUTH....wonder when the site gets taken down?

Been following her for some time now, and glad shes posted on Youtube, shes right on the money....been chasing Phantoms all along. So much damage has now been done.

Viking01
3rd March 2021, 14:25
Inside The Fence
https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/biden-promises-vaccines-all-americans-end-may-return-normal-year

Though it seems some are still determined to go their own way:
https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/texas-governor-ends-mask-mandate-lifts-anti-virus-restrictions

Outside the Fence
Vaccine Pricing and Supply
https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2021/03/pfizers-scandalous-sales-practices-in-latin-america-are-the-perfect-boon-for-china-and-russia.html

All Pigs are Created Equal
https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2021/03/neoliberal-finance-undermines-poor-countries-recovery.html

Kickaha
3rd March 2021, 16:29
MUST WATCH !!!!! HERE IS THE TRUTH....wonder when the site gets taken down?

Been following her for some time now, and glad shes posted on Youtube, shes right on the money....been chasing Phantoms all along. So much damage has now been done.

No confirmation bias showing there at all

husaberg
3rd March 2021, 16:44
No confirmation bias showing there at all
Our company does thousands of PCR tests for viruses every year. Far more accurate than antibody tests for detecting disease.
But shit, i have nothing to gain from pushing a conspiracy.

Viking01
4th March 2021, 16:06
https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2021/03/how-the-nato-alliance-is-fighting-russias-sputnik-v-vaccine-with-subsidies-from-state-budgets-and-the-gates-foundation-hidden-by-bhe-financial-times.html

I wonder whether western taxpayers (in the relevant countries) are aware the extent that their taxes are subsidising Big Pharma.

george formby
4th March 2021, 16:19
T'is murky..

Considering that pretty much every government on the planet is borrowing mega billion$, where does the money come from?

mashman
4th March 2021, 19:33
T'is murky..

Considering that pretty much every government on the planet is borrowing mega billion$, where does the money come from?

The future.

Viking01
5th March 2021, 14:04
https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202103/1217387.shtml

[Edit]

Since the writing of the article, it appears the book has now become available.

F5 Dave
5th March 2021, 15:42
. . . am I going to click on something suffixed .cn? Meh nah.

Viking01
5th March 2021, 15:57
. . . am I going to click on something suffixed .cn? Meh nah.

Totally your choice.

In which case, don't click on any of the following :

http://www.china.org.cn/world/index.htm

http://global.chinadaily.com.cn/china

http://en.people.cn/

for general news on China from Chinese sources.

george formby
5th March 2021, 17:48
The future.

Oof, very well put.

Our future.

Viking01
6th March 2021, 12:00
https://www.globalresearch.ca/460-dead-243612-reported-injuries-covid-19-vaccines-reported-uk/5739033

The statistics presented in the above link are summaries taken from UK Yellow Card data analysis, where the Yellow Card scheme is used to gather UK data for adverse reaction to vaccines. https://yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/

In this case, data has been filtered for Covid vaccines specifically. Relates to clinical trials involving population of 44,000 persons receiving the Pfizer vaccine, and 28,000 receiving the Astra Zeneca vaccine.

While the range of adverse response types / categories was of some interest, it was also interesting to go to the UK Government website (link present at the bottom of the top article), and read some of the commentary on relative frequency per severity level (mild - moderate - severe).

Shortcut:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions/coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting

pritch
6th March 2021, 15:35
The logic is interesting, Covid's been here a year, we've had enough. Good liuck with that. It's Bike Week at Daytona Beach, Florida's latest mass spreader event to be hotly followed by Spring Break. It all kinda reminds me of 'Jaws'.

Interesting little video clip too the rider is braver(?) than me.

https://www.wesh.com/article/biker-jumps-bridge-daytona-beach/35744738

mashman
8th March 2021, 06:02
The virus still hasn't been isolated. OMG it's mutating. How can something mutate when you didn't know what all of it looked like in the first place?

Enjoy your fear porn.

husaberg
8th March 2021, 16:57
The virus still hasn't been isolated. OMG it's mutating. How can something mutate when you didn't know what all of it looked like in the first place?

Enjoy your fear porn.
Its not the first time you have been caught spreading untruths now is it

In December 2019, patients with severe pneumonia cases of unknown cause were reported in Wuhan, China, and a novel coronavirus strain was detected from the lower respiratory tract of 4 patients [29]. Viruses were isolated from these clinical samples, and their genomes were analyzed by deep sequencing [30,31,32]. Phylogenetic analysis of 2019-novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) genomes and other coronaviruses were used to establish the evolutionary history and infection sources. Interestingly, this indicated that 2019-nCoV (GenBank: MN908947.3) shares about 96% nucleotide sequence identity to bat coronavirus RaTG13 (GenBank: MN996532.1), with 79.5% and 55% identity to SARS-CoV BJ01 (GenBank: AY278488.2) and MERS-CoV HCoV-EMC (GenBank: MH454272.1), respectively, and belongs to the same family of viruses that caused SARS and MERS (Fig 2 and S1 Fig).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7444525/#:~:text=Coronaviruses%20are%20nonsegmented%2C%20e nveloped%20viruses,the%20largest%20among%20RNA%20v iruses.

I will be intersted in seeing you retract the latest of the falsehoods you just posted.

Viking01
25th March 2021, 08:20
https://www.globalresearch.ca/billionaire-wealth-who-are-the-10-biggest-pandemic-profiteers/5740822

TheDemonLord
31st March 2021, 11:01
https://www.globalresearch.ca/billionaire-wealth-who-are-the-10-biggest-pandemic-profiteers/5740822

Isn't it funny that the Left who were

1: so in favor of Lockdowns and keeping people safe and
2: so opposed to Billionaires, the 1% and the rich getting richer

Have helped line the pockets of the Mega-Corporations.

Viking01
31st March 2021, 11:42
Isn't it funny that the Left who were

1: so in favor of Lockdowns and keeping people safe and
2: so opposed to Billionaires, the 1% and the rich getting richer

Have helped line the pockets of the Mega-Corporations.

Well, I suppose it depends upon your sense of humour.

In both the case of the US and the UK, I'm not sure that the Left (whoever that may encompass ) had all that much say in the matter. What with Trump and the GOP in charge in the US, or Boris and the Conservatives in the UK.

And whether it be funding (i) PPE (ii) ventilators (iii) vaccine development in the US, or just the awarding of PPE contracts in the UK.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/hancock-acted-unlawfully-over-ppe-contract-details-high-court-rules-221559/
https://bylinetimes.com/2020/12/24/the-12-contracts-of-christmas/

F5 Dave
31st March 2021, 12:33
Don't bother trying to reason with him. He is so invested in blaming an ideology, that little facts like, who was in power have little to do with it.

TheDemonLord
1st April 2021, 14:22
Don't bother trying to reason with him. He is so invested in blaming an ideology, that little facts like, who was in power have little to do with it.

If you look at the US - there was a very clear divide between Blue states who were very pro-lockdowns and Red States who were very pro-libertarian.

But this is not about who is in power, it's about your individual view on the Lockdown (which often is informed by certain other views, that relate to political leanings) - I've been on record here as not being a fan of the Lockdowns and taking a very pro-libertarian stance on it.

Whereas those who are on the Left in general where more in favour of Lockdowns.

The irony being that the policies they were in favour of, have directly caused the Rich to get Richer - which they are supposedly opposed to.

TheDemonLord
1st April 2021, 14:24
Well, I suppose it depends upon your sense of humour.

In both the case of the US and the UK, I'm not sure that the Left (whoever that may encompass ) had all that much say in the matter. What with Trump and the GOP in charge in the US, or Boris and the Conservatives in the UK.

And whether it be funding (i) PPE (ii) ventilators (iii) vaccine development in the US, or just the awarding of PPE contracts in the UK.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/hancock-acted-unlawfully-over-ppe-contract-details-high-court-rules-221559/
https://bylinetimes.com/2020/12/24/the-12-contracts-of-christmas/

As per above to F5Dave - this is less about who was in power, but more about your personal view on things - with the Libertarian and Generally Right-wing view on it being 'Let the people be and take their chances' and the Left-wing view generally being 'No, we must protect everyone'.

And the result of that has been a cost to small business owners (whom traditionally the Left have been the champions of) and massive profits for the Mega-Corps (who they are opposed to)

And yes - I find that hilarious, for many reasons.

R650R
1st April 2021, 16:53
Forecasting another lockdown by end of next week. People travelling over Easter, poor diet choices, sleep deprived from parties, wet and cold from camping/swimming. Some fecker will get the sniffles go and get tested positive.... they will have been everywhere so prob level four for Auckland and three for rest of country.

F5 Dave
1st April 2021, 20:03
Covid = Cold. Interesting. Tell us more.

Is it caused by homosexuals?

Viking01
2nd April 2021, 12:29
If you look at the US - there was a very clear divide between Blue states who were very pro-lockdowns and Red States who were very pro-libertarian.

But this is not about who is in power, it's about your individual view on the Lockdown (which often is informed by certain other views, that relate to political leanings) - I've been on record here as not being a fan of the Lockdowns and taking a very pro-libertarian stance on it.

Whereas those who are on the Left in general where more in favour of Lockdowns.

The irony being that the policies they were in favour of, have directly caused the Rich to get Richer - which they are supposedly opposed to.

So if I read it correctly, you'd be a big Russia fan in that case ? ;)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54885616

Viking01
2nd April 2021, 12:32
As per above to F5Dave - this is less about who was in power, but more about your personal view on things - with the Libertarian and Generally Right-wing view on it being 'Let the people be and take their chances' and the Left-wing view generally being 'No, we must protect everyone'.

And the result of that has been a cost to small business owners (whom traditionally the Left have been the champions of) and massive profits for the Mega-Corps (who they are opposed to)

And yes - I find that hilarious, for many reasons.

So, what about the Social Democracies from the Scandinavian countries ? The ones in the centre ?

TheDemonLord
7th April 2021, 09:46
So if I read it correctly, you'd be a big Russia fan in that case ? ;)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54885616

What a world we live in when Russia appears to be adhering to a number of Liberal principles...

but Glib comments aside - and with the benefit of Hindsight, I'm still opposed to nationwide Lockdowns. I can stretch to having targeted Quarantines to protect those most vulnerable (the Elderly and those with pre-existing conditions).

So to answer your question - Russia appears to have done okay, this is not to say that I'm an overt fan of Russia (Bit too many suspicious deaths of people critical of Putin for my liking), but even in that statement - I can still respect Russia for sticking to it's principles and for outright rejecting the current wave of Marxist activism from the West (funny how all the former Soviet Bloc countries are very opposed to Social Justice - it's almost like they lived through it...)

So, what about the Social Democracies from the Scandinavian countries ? The ones in the centre ?

The Scandinavians are a very odd bunch (and this is coming from someone with a great affinity for many things from that region - Rally, Black Metal etc.) - Most of their libertarian and Progressive ideals tend to come from a place of Stoicism, or to quote Kimi Raikonnen "Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing" - The geographic layout and the Weather also has a factor on the national psyche, which very much shapes their outlook on life.

So what you get is this weird combination of Individualism with a strong sense of Community.

R650R
8th April 2021, 12:45
Covid = Cold. Interesting. Tell us more.

Is it caused by homosexuals?

That’s not a speciality subject for me ;p

Covid is based on common cold virus. We all know our immune systems are weakened by poor diet and lack of sleep during holiday times plus alcohol for some and temp extremes if your camping outdoors etc... although caveat we know nothing yet about the new case and their work/life balance... exposure mechanisms etc....

Right on que told ya so another lockdown looms... plus Jacindas jinxed us with Tasman bubble promise....

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/300272057/live-border-worker-tests-positive-for-covid19-ashley-bloomfield-gives-update

Apparently Scomo has already booked a flight of 501s for the first bubble flight noting that Jacinda talks so much about equality it’s time that the less fortunate were the first to get a holiday

F5 Dave
8th April 2021, 13:08
Do you think Echinacea will boost our immune system more than Tumeric? Or does combination do better than individually?

Viking01
9th April 2021, 10:32
I watch response with interest.

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/520516-echr-compulsory-vaccine-ruling/

R650R
9th April 2021, 11:15
Do you think Echinacea will boost our immune system more than Tumeric? Or does combination do better than individually?

Not something I’m familiar with. A balanced diet is best for all and often vitamins from real world food sources are absorbed better than the “extracts” on the shelf... nature knows best I guess

pritch
9th April 2021, 15:01
I watch response with interest.

It's not mandatory for the general population here. Border staff though must be vaccinated, any who are not vaccinated will be "moved along". ( If I recall Jacinda's words correctly.)

OK, if you work for Customs you could move to Customs Parcels in Auckland maybe. If you're a casual staff member employed by a security contractor, and are not vaccinated, you'll possibly be out of a job.

So it's not compulsory, but if you want to keep the job you must get vaccinated.

caseye
9th April 2021, 18:41
It's not mandatory for the general population here. Border staff though must be vaccinated, any who are not vaccinated will be "moved along". ( If I recall Jacinda's words correctly.)

OK, if you work for Customs you could move to Customs Parcels in Auckland maybe. If you're a casual staff member employed by a security contractor, and are not vaccinated, you'll possibly be out of a job.

So it's not compulsory, but if you want to keep the job you must get vaccinated.

As it should be, just for once aunty J has got it right!
Same with Temporarily stopping flights from the biggest exporter of Covid cases in the world, despite many of them having wangled NZ Citizenship/right to work, live.:bleh::apumpin:

husaberg
9th April 2021, 19:04
Covid is based on common cold virus.

This statement is completely without merit.

F5 Dave
9th April 2021, 19:51
No, no. I always take my medical advice from a truck driver.

My doctor was telling me how to avoid jack-knifing a semi last time I was in.

FJRider
9th April 2021, 20:09
... Covid is based on common cold virus.

COVID-19 and influenza viruses have a similar disease presentation. That is ... firstly ... they both cause a type of respiratory disease which can cause a wide range of illness from asymptomatic or mild through to severe disease and death.
Secondly ... both viruses are usually transmitted by contact. As a result ... the same health measures such as hand hygiene and good in public etiquette (like coughing into your elbow or tissue and immediately disposing of the tissue) help prevent an infection.

Every virus can have it's mutations ... including the "Common Cold". Funnily enough .. the common cold has probably killed more people than Covid has.

Go figure ...

Treat all the viruses like they might kill you (or someone you love [or related/married] to)... because they very well might do.

FJRider
9th April 2021, 20:10
No, no. I always take my medical advice from a truck driver.

My doctor was telling me how to avoid jack-knifing a semi last time I was in.

My plumber is very good ... ;)

FJRider
9th April 2021, 20:17
This statement is completely without merit.

Not entirely ... Buells were based on Harley Davidson's ... so does that make a Buell a Harley Davidson ... or not ... ?? .. :shifty:

F5 Dave
9th April 2021, 22:24
A Harley Davidson's What?

pritch
10th April 2021, 09:47
As it should be, just for once aunty J has got it right!
Same with Temporarily stopping flights from the biggest exporter of Covid cases in the world, despite many of them having wangled NZ Citizenship/right to work, live.:bleh::apumpin:

The ones buying themselves citizenship tend to arrive in their own private jet. The rules apparently don't apply to them.

Berries
10th April 2021, 23:50
Forecasting another lockdown by end of next week. ................................prob level four for Auckland and three for rest of country.
Is your crystal ball ok?

pritch
11th April 2021, 08:49
Is your crystal ball ok?

The date of his post might be significant..

OddDuck
11th April 2021, 11:50
Quick question all: what are people's estimates for when we get tourists back here en masse?

I'd wanted to ride the Milford Sound road last summer while it was relatively quiet, at least as far as overseas drivers went. Time, weather, workload and bills from the other road trip (Cape Reinga) caught up with me and it didn't happen. A bit of a shame but there's always next summer... or is there? Are they coming back? Or is tourist driver behaviour along that road overstated anyway?

Thoughts?

F5 Dave
11th April 2021, 11:59
I'd be more concerned leaving or approaching a major city.

pritch
11th April 2021, 12:39
Quick question all: what are people's estimates for when we get tourists back here en masse?

I'd wanted to ride the Milford Sound road last summer while it was relatively quiet, at least as far as overseas drivers went. Time, weather, workload and bills from the other road trip (Cape Reinga) caught up with me and it didn't happen. A bit of a shame but there's always next summer... or is there? Are they coming back? Or is tourist driver behaviour along that road overstated anyway?

Thoughts?

Autumn is a nice time to ride the South Island. They actually have an autumn in places down there.

The other thing that would concern me about Milford is the tank range. You've been to Cape Reinga though so you already understand.

R650R
11th April 2021, 13:16

Thoughts?

Just stay at Te Anau and take Real Journeys bus. You MUST do boat trip of sounds day or overnight so makes bus thing even more sense. Police base there so you can’t have too much fun on those roads anyway.
I just remember thinking to myself nearly ten years ago..,”yep bus was right choice” due to volume and it’s prob 50/50 bus campervan volumes...
Bus drivers have great dry humour and interesting local knowledge too.

mashman
12th April 2021, 07:58
Former Pfizer VP: ‘Your government is lying to you in a way that could lead to your death.’ (https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/exclusive-former-pfizer-vp-your-government-is-lying-to-you-in-a-way-that-could-lead-to-your-death)

This guy seems to be envisaging a rather ugly story for some reason. WTF would he know... other than just how much of a pussy most intelligent people are :shifty:

"It’s become absolutely clear to me, even when I talk to intelligent people, friends, acquaintances … and they can tell I’m telling them something important, but they get to the point [where I say] ‘your government is lying to you in a way that could lead to your death and that of your children,’ and they can’t begin to engage with it. And I think maybe 10% of them understand what I said, and 90% of those blank their understanding of it because it is too difficult. And my concern is, we are going to lose this, because people will not deal with the possibility that anyone is so evil…"

Dadpole
12th April 2021, 09:16
You may want to find out a little more about the author of that little ditty - Dr. Michael Yeadon

mashman
12th April 2021, 10:15
You may want to find out a little more about the author of that little ditty - Dr. Michael Yeadon

Like what in particular? Because it'll have to apply to the other professionals who agree that there is more than enough evidence to show that there's something more than opportunism going on... which in it's own right is fucking pathetic behaviour.

Dadpole
12th April 2021, 12:23
Like what in particular? Because it'll have to apply to the other professionals who agree that there is more than enough evidence to show that there's something more than opportunism going on... which in it's own right is fucking pathetic behaviour.

Like the belief in the 'World Order' conspiracy.
Like the belief that November 2020 was the end of the Covid19 infections
Like the belief that the Covid19 vaccine made women sterile...

Have you even fully read the link you posted? If so, do you think the author is not camping out on the edge of reality?

By all means show us opposing views. Just pick rational ones. Not ones who appear to belong in a Warner Brothers cartoon.

mashman
12th April 2021, 14:09
Like the belief in the 'World Order' conspiracy.
Like the belief that November 2020 was the end of the Covid19 infections
Like the belief that the Covid19 vaccine made women sterile...

Have you even fully read the link you posted? If so, do you think the author is not camping out on the edge of reality?

By all means show us opposing views. Just pick rational ones. Not ones who appear to belong in a Warner Brothers cartoon.

He said it was a highly likely potential, not a belief. He said that until last year he thought it mere opportunism that was taking place.
I'm sure I read somewhere that he thought it would end sooner than that. I very much see why given the number of professionals that have pointed out that the testing methodology is demonstrably shit, and therefore that saner heads would likely prevail enough to prove it... alas, too politically inconvenient to be given light enough to prove it for the world to see. Were the saner heads aren't prevailing, so someone who once thought that evil people didn't exist now knows for sure that they do.
Which moves us onto the third point. He never said that. Someone else did. That makes you lying scum now, or at the very least a complete fucktard ;)

Do I think that a well respected scientist with no history of banging the New World Order drum, but after finding pretty solid evidence, and global support for the findings, that governments around the world are lying, is now banging the New World Order drum is camping on the edge of reality? :killingme... He changed himself based on what he found and not what someone else was pushing on him. No, I don't find that he's camping out on the edge of reality in the slightest.

And you somehow then finish with yourself as being an arbiter of reality :killingme...

trip trap trip trap........... :yawn:

Dadpole
12th April 2021, 14:48
Which moves us onto the third point. He never said that. Someone else did. That makes you lying scum now, or at the very least a complete fucktard ;)

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/health-coronavirus-vaccines-skeptic/

Late last year, a semi-retired British scientist ( Dr. Michael Yeadon) co-authored a petition to Europe’s medicines regulator. The petitioners made a bold demand: Halt COVID-19 vaccine clinical trials.

Even bolder was their argument for doing so: They speculated, without providing evidence, that the vaccines could cause infertility in women.

I guess That makes you lying scum now, or at the very least a complete fucktard ;)

mashman
12th April 2021, 15:50
Now that we've cleared that up.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/health-coronavirus-vaccines-skeptic/

It was stated that it was possible, not actually happening. Has husaberg borrowed your account, coz your context is shit from top to bottom.

Edity...

I figured he may have said it more recently, but alas, the only mention of such across numerous websites was the hypothesis that it could render some women infertile (not sterile, there is a difference) for very good reason. The easiest to read version being on Snopes in response to the question: Did Yeadon say COVID-19 Vaccine is female sterilization’?

Onya for choosing the first link off the rank. T'was a hoot when I read the rest of the links after it that based their conclusion on the facts.

Dadpole
12th April 2021, 16:36
Feel free to carry on....

mashman
12th April 2021, 17:36
Feel free to carry on....

Ok then. From the petition that everyone keeps using to question Yeadons credibility and to somewhat draw a line under just ridiculous the burn him he's a witch fear mongering is. Apologies for the copy and paste reformatting.

"XI.Severalvaccine candidatesare expected to induce the formation of humoral antibodies against spike proteins of SARS-CoV-2.Syncytin-1 (see Gallaher, B., “Response to nCoV2019 Against Backdrop of Endogenous Retroviruses” -http://virological.org/t/response-to-ncov2019-against-backdrop-of-endogenous-retroviruses/396),which is derived from human endogenous retroviruses (HERV) and is responsible for the development of a placenta in mammals and humans and is therefore an essential prerequisite for a successfulpregnancy, is also found in homologous form in the spike proteins of SARS viruses.There is no indication whether antibodies against spike proteins of SARSviruses would also act like anti-Syncytin-1 antibodies. However, if this were to be the case this would then also prevent the formation of a placentawhich would result in vaccinated womenessentially becominginfertile.To my knowledge, Pfizer/BioNTech has yet to release any samples of written materials provided to patients, so it is unclear what, if any,informationregarding (potential) fertility-specific risks caused by antibodiesis included.According to section 10.4.2 of the Pfizer/BioNTech trial protocol, a woman of childbearing potential (WOCBP) is eligible to participate if she is not pregnant or breastfeeding, and is using an acceptable contraceptive method as described in the trial protocol during the intervention period (for a minimum of 28 days after the last dose of study intervention). This means that it could take a relatively longtime before a noticeable number of cases of post-vaccination infertilitycould be observed."

So, no sterilization, just the caution of a couple of guys and others who might actually know what they're talking about. Just demonstrable media fear porn that clearly works :killingme...

Dadpole
12th April 2021, 18:11
media fear porn :facepalm:

Keep searching for people who agree with your viewpoint. just try to avoid the ones who fall into the category of 'Not wrong all the time' :innocent:

mashman
12th April 2021, 18:53
media fear porn :facepalm:

Keep searching for people who agree with your viewpoint. just try to avoid the ones who fall into the category of 'Not wrong all the time' :innocent:

lol@agreeing with my viewpoint. The evidence is what the evidence is. The scientific evidence is being ignored and adhominem attacks used against those who are trying to at least make certain things known that are possibilities given how the vaccines were supposed to work. Some shit is worth getting an answer to... at which point I defer to Yeadon and his crack at the so called intelligent not knowing what to do with the truth. And to be clear, the truth surrounding the other points that no one points out from the petition as being anything other than credible science.

Each to his own I guess. Meow.

Dadpole
13th April 2021, 08:16
The scientific evidence is being ignored and adhominem attacks used against those who are trying to at least make certain things known that are possibilities given how the vaccines were supposed to work.

This is a bit like those who argue the UFO/alien visitor belief. Then offer as evidence the interview of some moron from Alabama about his being abducted.

mashman
13th April 2021, 18:01
This is a bit like those who argue the UFO/alien visitor belief. Then offer as evidence the interview of some moron from Alabama about his being abducted.

No it isn't... but if that's as far as you can stretch, then fair enough. I guess when all you had to offer in response to the interview link was lies and bs to try to undermine the man and therefore his credibility, you've stretched about as far as you can.

Best of luck.

Dadpole
13th April 2021, 18:56
I guess all I can do is suggest you fully read and comprehend the article in your original link - then ask yourself

Is this a rational article that offers some (however small) evidence to help verify the claims made and published on an unbiased platform.
HINT: The Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/LifeSiteNews and Twitter feed https://twitter.com/LifeSite will offer some help. I would offer the Youtube feed, but the Youtube bullshit filter has banned them.

After that you are on your own. Try not to cry when the compulsory vaccine squads catch up with you. :bye:

mashman
13th April 2021, 19:16
I guess all I can do is suggest you fully read and comprehend the article in your original link - then ask yourself

Is this a rational article that offers some (however small) evidence to help verify the claims made and published on an unbiased platform.
HINT: The Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/LifeSiteNews and Twitter feed https://twitter.com/LifeSite will offer some help. I would offer the Youtube feed, but the Youtube bullshit filter has banned them.

After that you are on your own. Try not to cry when the compulsory vaccine squads catch up with you. :bye:

I did, and I answered by citing the actual documents, not fact checkers who obviously aren't any good at their job (or are, coz gullible people spout the rhetoric they lie about). By all means continue to ignore the information because the source doesn't suit you. That everything you've posted so far has nothing to do with the actual science, but to attack the platform or the interview or interviewee... again, I refer you to Yeadon's stance with regards to so called intelligent people's response, except the intelligent people he speaks with don't question what he told them (no platform to question, no the friend is the interviewer, I guess that must help lol), they simply did not know how to respond. I know, you could be their teacher and help them come to terms with the fact that their friend and colleague has found evidence that scares him shitless enough to run the gauntlet of warped realities, like yours, and the bs vilification that comes with it from those who wish to protect their own.

bwaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa. I hope your dick drops off when you get the shot.