PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Bike - KTM530EXC Plate: B6UKE

rok-the-boat
18th April 2020, 11:30
Someone stole my motorcycle last night in Whangarei.
KTM530EXC Plate: B6UKE
Spent all last year rebuilding it.

I got the bike back :niceone:

I put this up on 'Stolen NZ' and a couple of other Facebook pages. From what I can see, a lot of stuff is being stolen: Bikes, jetskis, caravans, cars, boats, byicycles etc. ... ruining peoples lives. The cops don't seem to be able to do much about it - all their recent training and experience seems to have been how to catch granny doing 33 in the 30 limit. Take care out there.

jellywrestler
18th April 2020, 12:05
It had three padlocks. Two were cut. The dick lock is not here, meaning they had to drag it, carry it, most likely on a truck or in van. Any info appreciated. Or call the police. Thanks.

it's a shame it doesn't have an engine or frame number, this makes it easier to track as a number plate is so easy to throw away

R650R
18th April 2020, 14:14
Looks like a ford falcon going by the headlamps, possible ute with canopy or panel van as looks like a raised up bit to the rear.

Laava
18th April 2020, 15:17
Keep an eye on the usual facebook pages etc. Whereabouts in the whg area? I assume you have asked the cops...

F5 Dave
18th April 2020, 20:44
That sucks. Good luck and hopefully they meet a premature demise.

Beekeeper
20th April 2020, 00:37
Someone scoped it, check the fringes of your friend group or shady neighbours. Would be really surprised with Whangarei being so small that there wasnt some connection.

sidecar bob
20th April 2020, 08:32
It's a Toyota Hilux TRD, no more than three years old.
Rear tints, black stripe, alloys, nudge bar.

Laava
20th April 2020, 12:24
Looks like a Toyota Carib or very similar...

sidecar bob
20th April 2020, 12:28
Looks like a Toyota Carib or very similar...

If were talking about the ute then i think you need to google image Toyota Carib.

Gearup
20th April 2020, 13:00
It's a Toyota Hilux TRD, no more than three years old.
Rear tints, black stripe, alloys, nudge bar.

My understanding is the ute isn't thought to be involved.

rok-the-boat
20th April 2020, 19:11
If were talking about the ute then i think you need to google image Toyota Carib.

Front lights look similar. But rear lights look a bit different on a Carib, except older models.
Car body does like like Carib. It slopes at the backend where the hatchback is.
More like a Toyota Fielder, or a Subaru station wagon of some sort.
Thanks for the input.

husaberg
23rd April 2020, 19:21

REWARD: $500 If my bike comes back.

I have just uploaded some slightly different pictures of the car.
I would say it looks like a 2005 Toyota Fielder, or something similar. Considered: Front lights style (indicators on outside+big lamp+small lamp on inside) / rear lights - level-ish with plate position / slope on back of car / side profile.

VIN - VBKEXA4028M457493
ENGINE - 8-786*030591*
Hi if thats from a video i would be surprised that you cant seen the plate number in the video?

Swoop
2nd May 2020, 14:56
Toyota carib's have that style of roofrack factory fitted. Doesn't look long enough to be a fraud falcon.

rok-the-boat
3rd May 2020, 09:04
Toyota Carib's have that style of roofrack factory fitted. Doesn't look long enough to be a fraud falcon.

Thanks for the input. Checked out spme Carib images. I don't think it'a a Carib. Factory Carib roof racks are longitudinal, not horizontal. The ones in the car above are probably after-market. Also, Carib rear lights are high, up on the hatchback edges. On the perp's car, they are low, just above the height of the plate. I searched out heaps of models.

Could be Mitsubishi Outlander. 2010 era.

sidecar bob
3rd May 2020, 09:45
Try 96 Toyota Caldina, or Caldina GTT images.

rok-the-boat
3rd May 2020, 20:27
Thanks for the input. Just checked. I think the Caldina rear lights are too high.

rok-the-boat
30th May 2020, 19:02
Cops found my bike. No much idea how. I got it back. Rear lights and plate missing. Some damage. But we can rebuild it!

caseye
30th May 2020, 19:10
Cops found my bike. No much idea how. I got it back. Rear lights and plate missing. Some damage. But we can rebuild it!

That's good news, pity is the Police didn't tell you who they found it with.
Protecting the scum, yet again.:crazy:

F5 Dave
30th May 2020, 20:26
Riper. Glad to hear it.

rok-the-boat
31st May 2020, 09:17
Damage is fairly minor luckily. Have ordered a few parts. It runs fine. They didn't use it much I think - prob cos the disk was damaged. Hooray for disk locks - took them ages to get it off I think - they cut thru the disk. My padlock they just snipped. I will get two for the future. And a very loud alarm (not using the horn) of some sort. Any ideas? I shall be doing some more research on that area soon. Also - padlocks that are hard to snip (mine was quite beefy) - one where you just can't get at the loop part.

pete376403
31st May 2020, 09:41
Damage is fairly minor luckily. Have ordered a few parts. It runs fine. They didn't use it much I think - prob cos the disk was damaged. Hooray for disk locks - took them ages to get it off I think - they cut thru the disk. My padlock they just snipped. I will get two for the future. And a very loud alarm (not using the horn) of some sort. Any ideas? I shall be doing some more research on that area soon. Also - padlocks that are hard to snip (mine was quite beefy) - one where you just can't get at the loop part.

Something like this? https://nzsafetyblackwoods.co.nz/en/masterlock-shrouded-padlock-67x19x11mm-each--02217879?gclid=CjwKCAjwiMj2BRBFEiwAYfTbCmpape2AhU7 po0JPhKw61xflL71wAERf-L8aJPTQEKTf26N57vNhuxoCNvkQAvD_BwE&gclid=CjwKCAjwiMj2BRBFEiwAYfTbCmpape2AhU7po0JPhKw6 1xflL71wAERf-L8aJPTQEKTf26N57vNhuxoCNvkQAvD_BwE

rok-the-boat
31st May 2020, 10:19
Something like this? https://nzsafetyblackwoods.co.nz/en/masterlock-shrouded-padlock-67x19x11mm-each--02217879?gclid=CjwKCAjwiMj2BRBFEiwAYfTbCmpape2AhU7 po0JPhKw61xflL71wAERf-L8aJPTQEKTf26N57vNhuxoCNvkQAvD_BwE&gclid=CjwKCAjwiMj2BRBFEiwAYfTbCmpape2AhU7po0JPhKw6 1xflL71wAERf-L8aJPTQEKTf26N57vNhuxoCNvkQAvD_BwE

Looks good. Would have to take my hefty chain to see if it would fit.