PDA

View Full Version : Jackrat, Wkid

James Deuce
9th February 2004, 15:11
Ooo OOO

Quick skip over to "New Member Speak" BUACA - Spook bit!!! Hook, line, and sinker!

It's a bigun tooo!!!

Hitcher
9th February 2004, 16:12
Ooo OOO

Quick skip over to "New Member Speak" BUACA - Spook bit!!! Hook, line, and sinker!

It's a bigun tooo!!!

ROTFL! There should be annual KiwiBiker "troll baiting" awards issued...

Big Dog
9th February 2004, 16:39
ROTFL! There should be annual KiwiBiker "troll baiting" awards issued...
There is. This is what Wikid is using the most disreputable member status for :not:

wkid_one
9th February 2004, 17:16
No man - I am in the green now - buggered if I know how

bluninja
9th February 2004, 17:19
Go look in your user CP and see who's been sabotaging you :spudwhat:

I'd be careful in that BUACA thread. I've been called an idiot cos I read what he told me to and responded to it :mad:

Hitcher
9th February 2004, 17:38

Sorry mate... I found myself agreeing with you a couple of times... You really must try harder!

Hitcher
9th February 2004, 17:41
Go look in your user CP and see who's been sabotaging you :spudwhat:

I'd be careful in that BUACA thread. I've been called an idiot cos I read what he told me to and responded to it :mad:

I saw that. I gave up on the BUACA stuff after a couple of early exchanges and after having read the web sites to which he referred. Totally OTT if you ask me. I'm surprised they don't have a "bench press" requirement as well as a mimimum engine size. Enough here, I guess I should say this on the relevant thread, if I'm going to say it at all...

bluninja
9th February 2004, 17:42
I saw that. I gave up on the BUACA stuff after a couple of early exchanges and after having read the web sites to which he referred. Totally OTT if you ask me. I'm surprised they don't have a "bench press" requirement as well as a mimimum engine size. Enough here, I guess I should say this on the relevant thread, if I'm going to say it at all...
Is this thread irrelevant then:Police:

Hitcher
9th February 2004, 17:48
Is this thread irrelevant then:Police:

No, not at all. I thought this was a place where there could be some debate about a debate, rather than relitigating the debate itself -- troll-free zone, that sort of thing??

bluninja
9th February 2004, 17:57
No, not at all. I thought this was a place where there could be some debate about a debate, rather than relitigating the debate itself -- troll-free zone, that sort of thing??
Oh, I thought that this was where we could plan our next moves:innocent: So what is acceptable trolling?

Hitcher
9th February 2004, 18:01
Oh, I thought that this was where we could plan our next moves:innocent: So what is acceptable trolling?

Free of "trolls". Planning a decent trolling raid is always acceptable! Even an indecent trolling raid for that matter...

Big Dog
9th February 2004, 18:10
Coz your not subtle enough and its too easy to see your just scoring points :doctor: Call it reverse road rage, now if you had not declared your intentions how do yo uthingk you would have faired? :Pokey:

James Deuce
9th February 2004, 19:41
I saw that bluninja and was not impressed with him.

Its why I baited.

I loved the minimum bench press requirement thing Hitcher - I think that sums it up beautifully.

For some odd reason I feel truly liberated after :Pokey: that clown. Even if he does have an honourable mission.

bluninja
9th February 2004, 20:07
I saw that bluninja and was not impressed with him.

Its why I baited.
What's worng with me now....I could get a complex you know:Playnice:

James Deuce
9th February 2004, 20:24

I'll re word it - I saw how Spook had a go at you blu and it was my prime motivation for starting my own little troll - sorry was a supportive thing!

bluninja
9th February 2004, 20:33
I'll re word it - I saw how Spook had a go at you blu and it was my prime motivation for starting my own little troll - sorry was a supportive thing!
Why thankyou.

It's wierd that this guy ostensibly isn't a troll, but behaves like one. Hmmmm...what would happen if we merged the BUACA and the God thread :stoogie:
Priest...men of god or child abusers?

Zed
9th February 2004, 21:48
Why thankyou.

It's wierd that this guy ostensibly isn't a troll, but behaves like one. Hmmmm...what would happen if we merged the BUACA and the God thread :stoogie:
Priest...men of god or child abusers?
Lol, it's hilarious how some of the more serious threads get you guys going! You had better not merge those two cos it would be more than you could handle...:no:

Zed

Hitcher
10th February 2004, 08:06

I'm having one of those days. I think I'll lower my sights and settle for a "simple" instead of a "complex"...

Jackrat
10th February 2004, 10:18
Lol, it's hilarious how some of the more serious threads get you guys going! You had better not merge those two cos it would be more than you could handle...:no:

Zed
Yep,I havn't posted on this one yet because it does reqiure a bit more thought than I normaly like to put in.
Anyway If any of you go back to the Buaca Thread you will see my latest comments on the issue.I still feel it is a good idea,but I have major issues with the crowd pushing it(go see).
Now I have just come off the Oz site pushing this thing and they have now lowered themselfs to slaging off Kiwis in general.Shit just as well we didn't piss off the Yanks huh,We might be facing an invasion by now.
What they mainly fail to see is that there is already plenty of REAL men and women in NZ that are addressing this issue,,,So who needs a bunch of self proclaimed heros with Very dodgy back grounds themselfs interfearing with important issues like this.Just in case you didn't know it Spook and his mates are very vocal supporters of the Oz criminal bike clubs.So with that in mind I reckon they will never get the support of thinking people.As I pointed out to them on their own site,,,We just ain't that stupid but we can spot a hypocrite
a mile off.
:done:

James Deuce
10th February 2004, 10:30
Yep,I havn't posted on this one yet because it does reqiure a bit more thought than I normaly like to put in.
Anyway If any of you go back to the Buaca Thread you will see my latest comments on the issue.I still feel it is a good idea,but I have major issues with the crowd pushing it(go see).
Now I have just come off the Oz site pushing this thing and they have now lowered themselfs to slaging off Kiwis in general.Shit just as well we didn't piss off the Yanks huh,We might be facing an invasion by now.
What they mainly fail to see is that there is already plenty of REAL men and women in NZ that are addressing this issue,,,So who needs a bunch of self proclaimed heros with Very dodgy back grounds themselfs interfearing with important issues like this.Just in case you didn't know it Spook and his mates are very vocal supporters of the Oz criminal bike clubs.So with that in mind I reckon they will never get the support of thinking people.As I pointed out to them on their own site,,,We just ain't that stupid but we can spot a hypocrite
a mile off.
:done:

Thanks for the heads up - I'd kinda come to the same conclusion after reading the site, hence the non-constructive "negative" baiting.

I like doing Toy Runs because you can see where your contribution goes and you know the Sallies will dish them out. I think there are enough Govt Agencies and charities out there already and we would do well to support them rather than create another beauracracy. Probably a more effective way for a minority group to contribute IMHO.

Can't be long before those US lapdogs next door invade an annex NZ anyway. ;)

bungbung
10th February 2004, 10:52
These guys... (buaca news link)

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,590038910,00.html

MikeL
10th February 2004, 11:01
Have avoided contributing to this discussion because I can't make up my mind whether this BUACA thing is for real. I'm also a bit perturbed about the direction the KB forum is taking in general. The last few weeks have given me a lot of food for thought. I relish controversy and the frank exchange of divergent opinions and am willing to accept that even f*ckwits have their place in the scheme of things. But all this trolling and baiting, ego-tripping and name-calling and pointless posturing while initially entertaining has the potential to p*ss off people who feel their time is more valuable and will drift away...
I've got heaps out of KB over the last year - met (in real- as well as cyber-space) a lot of great people, gone on some awesome rides, learned a lot about bikes and biking as well as other things. It's a real community that I think has a unique value in bringing together people who otherwise would probably never interact. For me it's been a very enriching experience. I'd hate to find my enthusiasm waning because of what I've outlined above. I don't know what the answer is. What do you think?

James Deuce
10th February 2004, 11:18
Good point Mike.

I think a healthy wind-up or two is good value, but if it descends into name calling then its probably gone a bit far.

I think we should probably organise a KB-AKL, KB-WLG hookup in Taupo one weekend as a starter, and maybe a yearly Nth Is., Sth Is. visit. That way you get to meet the real people and people behave very differently face to face, compared with electronic anonymity.

Any starters? Shall we look at setting up a event in the events forum or what?

jrandom
10th February 2004, 11:47
I'm also a bit perturbed about the direction the KB forum is taking in general.

Hence my rather violent recent responses to Zed et al.

If regular members who would rather promote sane and enjoyable discussion simply ignore the trolls, they *will* go away. Much of the recent unpleasantness has been propagated by long-time members responding heatedly to obvious windups and silliness.

Zed
10th February 2004, 13:00
Hence my rather violent recent responses to Zed et al.

If regular members who would rather promote sane and enjoyable discussion simply ignore the trolls, they *will* go away. Much of the recent unpleasantness has been propagated by long-time members responding heatedly to obvious windups and silliness.Jrandom, while your recent responses to me may have been more "violent" than normal, the fact is that every post you have ever written in relation to a post of mine has been negative!...even your first ever response: "And Zed, I say that you, sir, are a troll." Also, remember that malicious poll you created that was withdrawn by the administrator! Not to mention your utter rudeness when you told me to "F..k off and die" in one of your famous posts. Then I PM'd you politely and you backlashed at me again- no win situation with you man.

I have contributed many genuine posts in this forum so far to which you havn't responded positively whatsoever, yet you continue to call me a troll! :brick:

I believe that you have a problem with me personally and are deliberately trying to be a jerk- typical human nature.

Zed

georgedubyabush
10th February 2004, 13:50
I believe that you have a problem with me personally (probably God) and are deliberately trying to be a jerk- typical human nature.
I'm sorry? "...me personally (probably god)."

that's one hell of a fruedian slip

Zed
10th February 2004, 13:59
I'm sorry? "...me personally (probably god)."

that's one hell of a fruedian slip
What a stirrer!!

Hitcher
10th February 2004, 14:23

An interesting read thanks Bung. It confirms my suspicions about vigilante justice. Despite everybody's concerns about child abuse, we do live in a civilised society... or at least endeavour to.

bluninja
10th February 2004, 14:45
An interesting read thanks Bung. It confirms my suspicions about vigilante justice. Despite everybody's concerns about child abuse, we do live in a civilised society... or at least endeavour to.
I don't know what the 'real' situation was in that news report, but I wonder how many people would seek to intervene if they saw anyone being beaten...let alone a small child. I guess it's not whether people would intervene if they thought it right, as much as how they would intervene.

Well I've given up with the BUACA thread. No matter what's posted, no further information comes back, just personally disparaging comments. Quite clearly they are not reading or ignoring what's already said..... or :rolleyes: perhaps I'm a gay biker with 3 kids.

LB
10th February 2004, 19:32
I think we should probably organise a KB-AKL, KB-WLG hookup in Taupo one weekend as a starter, and maybe a yearly Nth Is., Sth Is. visit. That way you get to meet the real people and people behave very differently face to face, compared with electronic anonymity.

Jim2: I'm a starter (providing the weekend suits)

James Deuce
10th February 2004, 19:54
Jim2: I'm a starter (providing the weekend suits)

Right I'll get Organisational hat on.

Will get working on this weekend.

Watch for posts in Events.

LB
10th February 2004, 20:01
Right I'll get Organisational hat on.

Will get working on this weekend.

Watch for posts in Events.
Excellent. Thanks Jim2. We stay at a very reasonably priced motel in Taupo, it's called "Cutters". It's about the second one from the shops along on the lakefront, and it's run by an ex-Speedway racer who likes bikes. It's 30 seconds walk from McDonalds which has a McCafe (the second best coffee in the world, after Fuel Espresso in Wgtn). Would highly recommend this motel - not flash but good value for money. For those who want to share there are usually about 4 or so beds in each unit.

James Deuce
10th February 2004, 20:02
Excellent. Thanks Jim2. We stay at a very reasonably priced motel in Taupo, it's called "Cutters". It's about the second one from the shops along on the lakefront, and it's run by an ex-Speedway racer who likes bikes. It's 30 seconds walk from McDonalds which has a McCafe (the second best coffee in the world, after Fuel Espresso in Wgtn). Would highly recommend this motel - not flash but good value for money. For those who want to share there are usually about 4 or so beds in each unit.

I know the one!

Thanks for the tip

SPman
10th February 2004, 23:43

Their side of the coin

http://www.bacausa.com/Internet/News.aspx

SPman
10th February 2004, 23:56
Free of "trolls". Planning a decent trolling raid is always acceptable! Even an indecent trolling raid for that matter...
Puts a different spin on the expression, "oh, I'm just trolling [the site]" somewhat!

James Deuce
11th February 2004, 11:42
Just popped in to see what was happening in BUACA land, and I see that Gutter even bit in response to my troll AFTER it had clearly been identified as one.

I think Groucho Marx said it best, "I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member!".

Seriously weird individuals that take themselves far too seriously.

Hitcher
11th February 2004, 12:52
Good point Mike.

I think a healthy wind-up or two is good value, but if it descends into name calling then its probably gone a bit far.

Mrs H and I would be starters. This would have to be a Saturday as Mrs H is often rostered on to work Friday and/or Sunday nights.

James Deuce
11th February 2004, 14:03
Mrs H and I would be starters. This would have to be a Saturday as Mrs H is often rostered on to work Friday and/or Sunday nights.

Excellent!

Thanks for the reply.

I'll get a proper plan together and then start soliciting numbers via the events forum.

Jim2

Big Dog
13th February 2004, 14:48
Ha ha ha, all of the worst trolls on this board (who are proud of it) are now on the most reputable list pmpl