PDA

View Full Version : Gear I do not need

slofox
15th June 2020, 13:20
Since I have sold my bike and will never be able to afford another one, I want to get rid of some gear.

Since nobody has responded to this post, I will remove any cost. In other words this is FREE! ALL of it

I am based in Hamilton and you will need to come and see the gear to get it. I will not be sending stuff around the country.

Herewith a list - which is possibly incomplete. Incidentally, none of this has been involved in a crash.

1. Leather jacket and pants that zip together - Qmoto brand. Well used, the jacket could use an outer clean but is sound. The odd zip missing a pull tag but not in important places. They fit me - 1.7 tall and about 65kg. The trousers will fit bigger than that having an adjustable waist band which I had to pull right in.

2. Two pairs of boots size 44. One Gaerne pair well used but sound and one 1Tonne worn only once so practically new.

3. Two pairs of leather gloves. One all weather pair (Qmoto brand) and one winter pair (Teknic Thunder - top gloves.) The Qmotos are well worn but sound for some time yet. The Technics have rarely been worn so top condition.

4. Three helmets, One Shoei and two Arais. The Shoei was worn for about two years but was bought in 2008 so is old It has been in its bag in a dark room ever since. One Arai was replaced due to age. The other Arai was my current helmet and bought in 2016 IIRC so still within its "shelf life".. None of these helmets has been "used" in the sense of a crash or a drop. All have visors and I also have various pinlocks as well.

5. One tail bag, Ventura brand. Comes with its mount, has a puncture repair kit in the back plus a book of maps (somewhat tatty to be honest).

6. One Interphone that works just fine. Not HiFi or anything but sufficient to connect to your cell phone if you need to be contactable (which is what I used it for).

7. Various bits and bobs including some Ram mount stuff and probably a few more items that I haven't remembered.

Like I said, I need to be shot of all this so would love to pass it on to another rider.

If you have any interest, PM me on Kiwibiker

Eddieb
23rd June 2020, 12:29
I'd be keen on the tailbag, the Intephone, maybe a pair of boots and a rummage through the other bits.

I'm jobless at present and have just worn through the heel of one of my boots

Gremlin
23rd June 2020, 18:33
Thanks slofox for the ram bits :niceone:

slofox
24th June 2020, 08:25
I'd be keen on the tailbag, the Intephone, maybe a pair of boots and a rummage through the other bits.

I'm jobless at present and have just worn through the heel of one of my boots

I've just sent you contact details.

BTW, I also have a rear wheel stand in pristine condition if anybody wants it.

slofox
24th June 2020, 11:35
Wheel stand...

Yeah, it's sideways but I can't get it to rotate...you get the picture though...I hope.

Bonez
24th June 2020, 12:13
Wheel stand...

Yeah, it's sideways but I can't get it to rotate...you get the picture though...I hope.I have a center stand on both of my bike so no thank you. The offer is appreciated though.

HEsch
24th June 2020, 12:44
PMd you about the wheel stand this morning

slofox
24th June 2020, 12:49

The picture is for your benefit.
Is it what you want? I'll hold it until you let me know either way.

HEsch
24th June 2020, 14:31
yes, great! I can only do weekend pickup but if you pm me back I can organise my chaotic life to do so ;)

swarfie
24th June 2020, 14:52

The picture is for your benefit.
Is it what you want? I'll hold it until you let me know either way.

Sorry to butt in here Slofox (tell me to 'go away' if you like) but I've got one of those stands I no longer need as well if anyone is interested.

Eddieb
24th June 2020, 20:44
Thanks for the boots, Intephone and tail bag Slofox. It was good to meet you.

gindulgence
22nd August 2020, 19:07
Hey Slofox, what size are your helmets and gloves? I'm be interested if they're collecting dust!

slofox
24th August 2020, 08:21
The gloves are Technic Thunder - winter gloves. I have rarely worn them so they are in excellent condition. Size is M

The two Arai helmets are 57 - 58cm. Which is about medium I think. The one that is still within its recommended life span is a Vector 2. It has pinlock inserts and the lining pads can be replaced very easily if necessary.

Let me know if you need more info.

HEsch
24th August 2020, 09:08
Thanks for the stand, slofox - it means the bf can do whatever he wants to the bike without me having to help :lol:

gindulgence
24th August 2020, 14:44
The gloves are Technic Thunder - winter gloves. I have rarely worn them so they are in excellent condition. Size is M

The two Arai helmets are 57 - 58cm. Which is about medium I think. The one that is still within its recommended life span is a Vector 2. It has pinlock inserts and the lining pads can be replaced very easily if necessary.

Let me know if you need more info.

Could I take the helmet and gloves off your hands? What do you want for them?

Gremlin
24th August 2020, 20:10
Thanks for the stand, slofox - it means the bf can do whatever he wants to the bike without me having to help :lol:
Pretty sure you're meant to provide helpful comments such as, "yeup, I told you to do it the other way" and "oh, you didn't see that? sorry, I did"

Your bf will be lonely I'm sure :laugh:

slofox
25th August 2020, 08:29
Could I take the helmet and gloves off your hands? What do you want for them?

Certainly you can have those items.

I have them advertised as free but if you want to make a donation that is fine by me. Over to you.

PM me for locations etc.

gindulgence
26th August 2020, 18:00
Certainly you can have those items.

I have them advertised as free but if you want to make a donation that is fine by me. Over to you.

PM me for locations etc.

Hey SloFox,
I’ve pm’d you twice, but have no idea if it’s gone through. Let me know

HEsch
27th August 2020, 11:43
Pretty sure you're meant to provide helpful comments such as, "yeup, I told you to do it the other way" and "oh, you didn't see that? sorry, I did"

Your bf will be lonely I'm sure :laugh:

I'll provide some form of supervision/management. Possible limiting factors include "it costs HOW MUCH?!"

gindulgence
1st September 2020, 11:12
Thanks for the Jacket, helmet and gloves Slofox, it was a pleasure meeting you and having a yarn about motorbikes. The gear all fits like a glove! Let me know if the pants are still sitting gathering dust, they might just fit.

slofox
2nd September 2020, 07:26
I still have the pants sitting here...they do have an adjustable waistband so have a degree of latitude re size. You'd be welcome to try them on.

Bonez
2nd September 2020, 20:06
Good stuff slofox:yes: