PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Barrel key code.

Sniper
20th October 2005, 13:11
Could someone please tell me where I could find the key code for my bike. I believe I can find it on the ignition barrell but at first glance I can't seem to see any numbers. Do I have to take the thing apart?

I need to get a new key cut after my key ummmm, broke in the ignition :argh:

bugjuice
20th October 2005, 13:18
I know that Kawa's have the key code in the frame under the seat.. Have you been able to get the key back out of the ignition? If the code isn't on the barrel, then may be have a look in the boot on the frame, or under the seat.. Or, by remote chance, see if you can take the frame number to Honda and see if there's a record, all this assuming that it's the original key to start with

Sniper
20th October 2005, 13:21
I know that Kawa's have the key code in the frame under the seat.. Have you been able to get the key back out of the ignition? If the code isn't on the barrel, then may be have a look in the boot on the frame, or under the seat.. Or, by remote chance, see if you can take the frame number to Honda and see if there's a record, all this assuming that it's the original key to start with

Yep it is the original key. I just can't find the blasted code.

sAsLEX
20th October 2005, 13:25
Yep it is the original key. I just can't find the blasted code.

should be stamped right there on the key on the shoulder just where the jagged bit stops

Sniper
20th October 2005, 13:37
should be stamped right there on the key on the shoulder just where the jagged bit stops

Thanks sAsLEX, I'll check tonight.

froggyfrenchman
20th October 2005, 14:18
if not, take your helmet lock into a locksmith., thats what i did

Sniper
20th October 2005, 14:32
if not, take your helmet lock into a locksmith., thats what i did

I have a helmet lock? Or do you mean my rear seat lock?

Flyingpony
20th October 2005, 20:56
Sniper!
Surely you have a spare key and therefore just take that one and get another copy made. Much easier.

sefer
20th October 2005, 22:20
It's worth the effort to find the code, it cost me $35 to get my ignition key done (couldn't use the frame code because it wasn't the original lock), vrs $8 to get a key cut from code.

sAsLEX
21st October 2005, 00:43
It's worth the effort to find the code, it cost me $35 to get my ignition key done (couldn't use the frame code because it wasn't the original lock), vrs $8 to get a key cut from code.

was stranded at work once and rang dad who went to the locksmiths to find out how much would be to break in and cut a new key, rung me up and having a weird brian I could remember the number, so was only a few bucks to get a new one cut!

SARGE
21st October 2005, 06:42
I have a helmet lock? Or do you mean my rear seat lock?

seat lock will work, assuming it is the original key..take the assembly to Armstrongs on Gt. South rd and they will cut it

Sniper
21st October 2005, 06:49
Sniper!
Surely you have a spare key and therefore just take that one and get another copy made. Much easier.

No, in my infinite wisdom I never got one made :Oops:
I couldn't see the key code anywhere on the key so I may need to check out the frame.

Sniper
21st October 2005, 06:53
seat lock will work, assuming it is the original key..take the assembly to Armstrongs on Gt. South rd and they will cut it
Thanks Sarge, but Im in Christchurch. :spudwave:

SARGE
21st October 2005, 07:19
Thanks Sarge, but Im in Christchurch. :spudwave:

right .. i can read :whistle:

Fryin Finn
21st October 2005, 07:51
You'll probably find the ignition number on the underside of the key barrell where you cant see it unless you dismantle it. That's wheré it was on the SRX