PDA

View Full Version : Hwy 22

puddy
19th February 2021, 17:09
Hi. Has anyone ridden HWY 22/Hetherington/Glen Murray Rds lately? I haven't been down any of these in years. Someone asked me what they were like now.
Cheers

jellywrestler
19th February 2021, 17:13
Hi. Has anyone ridden HWY 22/Hetherington/Glen Murray Rds lately? I haven't been down any of these in years. Someone asked me what they were like now.
Cheers

try google earth, that's quite clever to look at it from

release_the_bees
19th February 2021, 18:02
I rode those roads two weeks ago: I went down to Te Anga and back for a day trip. 500 km of riding all up.

What do you want to know about it?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SaferRides
19th February 2021, 20:15
It's good, just watch the ridge a few kms south of the Glen Murray Rd (Rangariri) turnoff.

I'd suggest taking it easy if you haven't ridden it for a few years, especially the last section after the turnoff to Raglan.

puddy
20th February 2021, 05:25
Thanks Gents. I was interested in the current condition of the road surface, road works etc. If it was crappy, we'd ride somewhere else. Cheers

release_the_bees
20th February 2021, 06:37
Road condition is pretty good in most places. From what I've seen, it looks like it was re-sealed a couple of years ago.

There was a couple of sections of stop and go roadworks, and the odd repair here and there. But, the surface is much better than it used to be.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SaferRides
20th February 2021, 06:37
Enjoy, it's a great ride. I just wish someone would open a cafe along it, although there is Waingaro Springs.

Gremlin
20th February 2021, 08:16
The road always has a few slumps and bits, but overall, it's in pretty good nick, compared to years ago.

South of Glen Murray is a shiny section with low grip, mostly on the straight, been like that for years. Just further south again is a section that's uneven. Been like that for a while. The section that got destroyed just south of Naike has held up well since.
As usual, the poor ground base section in Ohautira continues to vary in states of seal.

I enjoy it, but it is one to expect the unexpected.

puddy
20th February 2021, 08:32
Thanks Chaps

caseye
20th February 2021, 14:03
PUDDY! you're right it has been ages since you rode those roads.
Now if you'd bother to come along to a SATNR ride, you'd know the condition, on account of we ride them a bit aye.
Come on man, come for a blast on Thursday.
7pm ride off the BP on the Southern .:woohoo::woohoo:
Be cool to catch up mate.