went in and looked around they seam to have some great prices
on bikes and gear.

If you havent seen them yet take a look

Darren :scooter:

I saw them - I'll have to have a look.

Thanks Darren

Slingshot
10th February 2004, 15:10
I saw a guy out in Lower Hutt last year when I was looking for my bike, he was bringing in container loads of bikes, checking them over then selling them on, he was talking about opening up a shop once the LMVD rules changed, I wonder if it him and he's now got a shop.

When I dealt with him he seemed to know what he was talking about and was pretty friendly.

Hitcher
10th February 2004, 15:18
Mrs H and I went and had a wander round in here the weekend they opened. Now that we know where it is it will be easier to find in future. A prick of a place to get out of -- highly crowned busy road. The guys in there seem to have the right attitude. Some reasonably-priced grey imports. They said they planned to open Sundays as well -- that may save a ride to Anza in Palmie for a Sunday bikeshop fix... Good luck to them.

LB
10th February 2004, 19:40
The guy who runs the shop is Stuart Rodwell, who used to race an R6. He's a good guy, and yes, he has some reasonably priced clothing/accessories, and is keen for business. He's very friendly and approachable. He also has a workshop charging (I think, though don't quote me on this as I may be a bit out) $45/hour. He's in Alicetown, at 421 Cuba Street, right near the middle of the shopping centre.

Well worth a look.

merv
10th February 2004, 20:26
Some reasonably-priced grey imports.

Do you mean "grey imports" which I understand to be what NZ calls "parallel imports" or do you mean second hand imports like Motorcycle City has?

pete376403
13th February 2004, 23:11
When I had a (very quick) look in there the only bikes I saw were used. Parallel/grey import to me implies "brand-new-but-not-through-official-channels" (ie like the Panasonic and Sanyo stuff sold by the Warehouse) besides, these bikes were all sorts of colours, not just grey :D

maybe
1st May 2004, 16:57
I've known Stuart for a few years and reckon he will be great to deal off.
I hope all motor bikers from the Wellington/Hutt area will support him as he has done us all a favour by bringing in some good quality reasonably priced gear and bikes.

Also for those that do not know there is a bike ride from his shop every second Sunday, this is to encourage not just the more experienced riders to ride but new riders as well, hence the name club 250.........all sized bikes welcome.

There is a run this Sunday 02 May then as stated before every second Sunday.

Cheers

SPman
1st May 2004, 17:27
Grey Imports as in used imported bikes that were hardly if ever seen new here. - normally 250's & 400's. Parallel imports arent normally called grey imports, are they?

phil_elvey
3rd May 2004, 12:11
Stu is really cool. I nearly bought a bike off him (had to turn it down due to other circumstances) but he was really good to deal with.

SPman
3rd May 2004, 17:37
A couple of features in the Herald employment section today, as well!

Her_C4
4th May 2004, 21:03
The guy who runs the shop is Stuart Rodwell, who used to race an R6. He's a good guy, and yes, he has some reasonably priced clothing/accessories, and is keen for business. He's very friendly and approachable. He also has a workshop charging (I think, though don't quote me on this as I may be a bit out) $45/hour. He's in Alicetown, at 421 Cuba Street, right near the middle of the shopping centre.

Well worth a look.

:ride:

BIG :2thumbsup 'ups' to the guys at TSS motorcycles today..... Had a screw embedded in rear tyre but it didn't appear to be leaking. Not sure the best course of action (new bike owner/rider), I rang around a couple of places to see who could advise / look at it for me.

Refreshingly, these guys were friendly and approachable as well as being really helpful, both on the phone and in person.

They came out - picked my bike up from my place, took it back to the shop, removed the screw, checked out the tyre, waited at the shop tonight for me to get home, get my gears and get over there to pick up the bike - and all for the phenomenal fee of NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Service is indeed alive and well .... at TSS - thanks guys, I will be back :D