PDA

View Full Version : Sulphur City Rally

HDTboy
20th October 2005, 20:14
http://www.kiwibikers.com/index.php?page=Sulphur_City
Saturday 29th of October, the Waiotapu Tavern in association with the Sulphur City Motorcycle club present the 19th Annual Sulphur City Rally

Come prepared with your tent and sleeping bag, warm clothing etc to stay for the party. Free overnight camping is available at the Waiotapu Tavern where there will be a live band, refreshments and catering on site. Great prizes up for grabs! Games and events will be held on Saturday afternoon, weather permitting.

Rally entry $15.00 Per Person.

Rally sponsored by:
Waiotapu Tavern and
Hennessys Bar, Tutanekai St, Rotorua

Contact and Registration details are available at the above address

Bartman10
21st October 2005, 11:46
Hi,

Some years ago IUPAC (international uninon of pure and applied chemistry) recomended that sulfur be spelt with an 'f'.

This is now the internatinoally accepted standard, and sulfur splet with a ph considered to be wrong.

Maybe the Sulphur (sic) City Motorcycle Club should move a motion to change their name to Sulfur City Motorcycle Club.

Sorry about pointing this error out, but I find it very weird and disturbing to see sulfur spelt with a ph, and feel obliged to act.

Cheers.

pete376403
21st October 2005, 12:02
Hi,

Some years ago IUPAC (international uninon of pure and applied chemistry) recomended that sulfur be spelt with an 'f'.

This is now the internatinoally accepted standard, and sulfur splet with a ph considered to be wrong.

Maybe the Sulphur (sic) City Motorcycle Club should move a motion to change their name to Sulfur City Motorcycle Club.

Sorry about pointing this error out, but I find it very weird and disturbing to see sulfur spelt with a ph, and feel obliged to act.

Cheers.

"splet" ??

(sorry, I felt obliged to act.)

Damon
21st October 2005, 12:38
Hi,

Cheers.

WTF?? :whocares: :dodge:

kerryg
21st October 2005, 13:02
Hi,

Cheers.

*ahem...* *cough...*

Bartman10
21st October 2005, 13:38
My spelling is crap, I'm not denying that.... I'll blame that on my hippie tree huging shite primary education. Or something

But, sufur is still spelt sulfur...

cheers!