PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys what do you think I should do????

Jamiepo
20th October 2005, 21:16
OK, I saw a bike on trademe about 2 and a half weeks ago which looked really good, a SRX250 with only 20000k on the clock and I thought, "that looks like a bit of me!!" So I called the guy up and organised a private sale. I thought sweet its only in Invercargill and I am in CHCH so it should only take a couple of days 5 days max to get it up here. The deal was he would put a warrant and rego on it but not worry about doing any of the cosmetic repairs (seats ripped and has some scrapes on the fairings) but I'm not to fussed as it have a feeling that it may not be the last time it sees the ground!!

It turned out to get a warrant it needed a whole being repaired in the tank so he was going to get that done and send it up.
I paid him the friday before last which will be 2 weeks ago tomorrow, with the promise of getting it the followin mon or tues when it didn't turn up he basically said he was very busy and to stop presuring him so I gave him last weekend to organise it and was promised it by this tuesday, yesterday at the latest, well as you all can imagine its still not here today (thurs) after him promising that without a doubt it would arrive today, I got home with high hopes and was uterly gutted no bike still.

So KBers what should I do Have him up about it and risk waiting another week plus cause I piss him off or keep quiet and wait it out, its just I am spending close to $35-40 a day commutiong to Ashburton and back every day and the bike will save me shit loads, so I need the weekend to give it a good look over change oil, filter, spark plug etc.

HELP ME PLEASE!!! WHAT DO I DO???

redbaron36
20th October 2005, 21:21
Tell the bugger to sort his shit out, its not your problem he has pressure from other parts of life who doesn't. You have paid your money and kept your side of the bargain. In this situation i would say here by x date if not i will go to the disputes tribunal and sort it out that way.
Most people need to change their underwear when you start mentioning the law etc.

Good luck with it.

gamgee
20th October 2005, 21:23
maybe you should have read that idiots feedback, and yes i know exactly who you are talking about as i was blacklisted by them for asking questions they didn't want to answer, i'd be making a complaint to the cops as your not the first person they have done it to, and probably won't be the last

pyrocam
20th October 2005, 21:24
bugger. the bad side of the private sale when buying something as big as this.

hope your shit gets sorted mate and if worst comes to worst you can pm me if you need some legaly advice

gamgee
20th October 2005, 21:28
is the traders name: rachel011

Silage
20th October 2005, 21:29
Is there a reputable KBer in Invercargill who you could get to go and pick the bike up and then arrange to get it up to Chch. At least you might be closer to securing the bike.

Hope it goes well.

gamgee
20th October 2005, 21:39
ffs just reading the first page of that idiots feedback, they are all positive but at least 5 should be negative, theres complaints of wrong products sent, slow delivery, hosility, thats what feedback is there for, so you can guage how reputable the trader is, i'll be selling my vt250f on there in a few weeks if this doesn't go through and you get your money back check out username: Jonathan2003 it will be listed around the 1st of November if not before

T.W.R
20th October 2005, 21:44
sounds like this dude has slipped you a mickey-fin ! realistically you shouldn't have paid for the SRX before you got it, what you should have done is paid a retainer or deposit etc then when you recieved the bike transfered the rest of the outstanding money. give the sod a wind-up, & if you have legal documentation for ownership of the bike tell him you'll get a collection agency involved. when you do start using the SRX to commute to ashvagas your going to have fun in the nor-westers, at least the cion your spending per day on go juice now will be a weeks worth on the SRX

Jamiepo
20th October 2005, 22:04
is the traders name: rachel011

Yep thats the one. Where abouts are you cause I know that if I get a bike off of a KBer it will be in good nick!! EDIT: Dunnas, if I do need the bike what kinda price are you looking at, I could just bus it down then ride the bike back up.

I had a good look through his feedback and the majority of it looked pretty kosher, I was/am on a pretty tight budget ($2k - $2.5K) and after searching round for about a month and a half the SRX looked to be the best I could do. I am gunna give him until tomorrow then will be asking for my money back, I did it all electronically so that shows all of the $$ that I sent him.

Jimmie, I will try and find one if this guy pisses me around anymore, problem is the delievery was built into the price but I spose an extra $200 is better than a lost $2000!!

Thanks for the offer Pyrocam, I might just need to take you up on that.

T.W.R I have never really riden in super windy conditions is it very difficult?? But yeah the savins in gas will quickly pay the bike off!!!!

Macktheknife
20th October 2005, 22:05
sounds like this dude has slipped you a mickey-fin ! realistically you shouldn't have paid for the SRX before you got it, what you should have done is paid a retainer or deposit etc then when you recieved the bike transfered the rest of the outstanding money. give the sod a wind-up, & if you have legal documentation for ownership of the bike tell him you'll get a collection agency involved. when you do start using the SRX to commute to ashvagas your going to have fun in the nor-westers, at least the cion your spending per day on go juice now will be a weeks worth on the SRX

I would start nice and then get the cops to go around and give him shit. Failing that just go and get it yourself. You could also get really nasty about it and involve some large unfriendly debt collector types:Pokey: :bash:

Jamiepo
20th October 2005, 22:08
I would start nice and then get the cops to go around and give him shit. Failing that just go and get it yourself. You could also get really nasty about it and involve some large unfriendly debt collector types:Pokey: :bash:

I wish this had all happened in the North Island as I have 3 very large brothers up there (im 90 KG and they make me look small!!) and things always tend to right them selves when us 4 turn up and start asking a few questions!!!

Jamiepo
20th October 2005, 22:15
Thanks Speedmedic, that is an awsome idea

Edit: Just searched him, is he over in Murka at the mo or is he back??

Ixion
20th October 2005, 22:24
This guy has 9 bikes currently listed on Trademe. Plus lots in the past. He's an unlicensed dealer. Which may be a lever to use to bring him to heal. I suspect "he" is also "he" and "she" using the one account (which Trademe more or less force you to do). He's Nathan, she's Rachel.

Having said that, with the amount of stuff he's selling, delays are sort of understandable - could you offer him a deal, you'll take care of wof and rego, he reduces the price accordingly. SRX250 has a bad habit of holing tanks, theres a blind corner where water collects. Good news is it's real easy to fix with a bit of Araldite and some glass resin.

EDIT You may be interested to know that "rachel" bought it for $1000 (which was a very good buy - there are still some bargains around) on Sept 14. And the seller told him there was a pinhole in the tank. So he knew that and didn't delcare it to you.

Ghost Lemur
20th October 2005, 22:26
It's a shame Scumdog is in the States, think he lives in Invers (not to mention him being an officer of the law).

Give the guy an ultimatum. Put up or refund. Make it clear that if he does neither you will proceed with legal action against him.

T.W.R
20th October 2005, 22:31
hey jamiepo, if you've been travelling the main sth between chch & ashvagas for awhile you would have struck the ole nor-wester once or twice in the car, just imagine the effect you get multiplied ten-fold on the bike, you learn to adapt to it just keep well to the left when heading nth & when heading sth hold mid lane but watch the rigs ( the wind blast when one passes you is pretty strong, and with a SRX not having a fairing you'll get the full impact) it will peel a few k's off the speedo quickly. i live at chertsey 17k nth of ashvagas been there 16yrs & travel to chch 6 days out of 7 so know what i'm talkin about ( dunsandal to rakaia is the worst in a nor-wester) but have done hoyts8( Morhouse ave) to the chertsey pub in 25mins ( many moons ago)

Jamiepo
20th October 2005, 22:33
Ixion: I had actually considerd doing that, but if there were any major probs with the bike and it turned out unwarrantable without major work, and knowing this guy he will not be too helpful in this kinda situation. He has had the tank brazed(sp) twice but he reccons it still leaks. Nathan dempsey is his full name and I think he uses Trademe more as an advertisement than a sales Forum.

T.W.R
20th October 2005, 22:48
just spotted your last post, if your 90kg then maybe gamegee's VT might be a better option than the SRX for doing the run to ashvagas regularly,it will have more herb than the SRX plus it will be roomier as the old SRX ain't that accomodating for larger riders

Ixion
20th October 2005, 23:34
I'm 110kg with gear and 5'9", SRX250 copes just fine.

Ixion
20th October 2005, 23:39
Ixion: I had actually considerd doing that, but if there were any major probs with the bike and it turned out unwarrantable without major work, and knowing this guy he will not be too helpful in this kinda situation. He has had the tank brazed(sp) twice but he reccons it still leaks. Nathan dempsey is his full name and I think he uses Trademe more as an advertisement than a sales Forum.

The phone number of the guy that Nathan bought the bike off is 0272754267. He sound spretty honest, and he's got no reason to bullshit you, since he's done his deal. You could give him a bell and ask him if there's anything wrong with it. He was upfront about the tank leak

I think you'll get the bike Ok i n the end, this Nathan just sounds slow and not very helpful to deal with.

EDIT: There's an easier way. Just tell the Nathan dude you want a sight of the WOF check sheet. It should show everything OK except the tank. I suspect he's bullshitting about brazing, cos if he has the tank'll need repainting.

Drum
21st October 2005, 06:23
Might be time to take it on the chin, and you and your biggest mate drive down and pick it up.

Kickaha
21st October 2005, 07:45
Thanks Speedmedic, that is an awsome idea

Edit: Just searched him, is he over in Murka at the mo or is he back??

Still in USA, and he's in Balclutha which is probably 160km or so away from Invercargill

marty
21st October 2005, 07:50
flick him $50 gas - i'm sure turning up on the hog with his big handlebars would say it all

(yes i know he's in murka....)

Colapop
21st October 2005, 08:24
I may be overstepping (coz I'm not the one who no this guy) but KBer ezinnz recommended this guy who sells chopper frames from Invers. Maybe he could help? PM ezinnz and see..?
Here's the trademe link if it helps ....
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Cruiser/auction-38518125.htm

T.W.R
21st October 2005, 11:33
ixion bet you aren't clocking up 860km a week though

gamgee
21st October 2005, 11:33
i used to own an sr250 (slightly slower than an srx) and to say the least it wasn't a lot of fun to ride at 100km/h struggled on any sort of hill, and any head wind took 10km/h off your top speed, faired bikes are definitely a lot more fun to ride at 100km/h (+)

Lou Girardin
21st October 2005, 11:52
I don't know if people should be giving Scummy's location publicly.
Cops do value their privacy.

Ixion
21st October 2005, 11:55
ixion bet you aren't clocking up 860km a week though

Nope only 300 - 400 km. Mostly motorway , but

T.W.R
21st October 2005, 12:13
its all part of learning the ropes , years ago i did the Brass on my XT250 then did chch to blenheim on it via the hope saddle, chch to greymouth via arthur's pass and to cap it off moved to huntly for work and rode a fully laden XL250sa from chch & i'm 6'4" & 105kg. all that has to be remembered its not how quickly you get somewhere its the enjoyment of actually doing it !

SARGE
21st October 2005, 12:38
lucky you didnt buy it froma Licensed Dealer.......

you coulda been RAPED

:whistle: :dodge: :Pokey:

Dadpole
21st October 2005, 14:48
lucky you didnt buy it froma Licensed Dealer.......

you coulda been RAPED

:whistle: :dodge: :Pokey:

:rofl:

10 characters.

Jamiepo
21st October 2005, 19:28
OK, well I took the bulls by the horn and said that I wanted the bike or my money back. He said that he still had to put the warrant on it and I said I didn't care I just wanted the bike and I would put the warrant on it.
He has told me he was going to put it on the truck to get it here today so all going wel I will have it sometime tomorrow afternoon!!!
Now all I have to do is sort it out a bit. Turns out the tank was brazed so I will have to prime it for the time being, also it was full of water and I think some has gone into the carb as he said it wasn't running properly so I will have pullapart/bleed the carb plus add some meths to the petrol. I wanna do some things like valve clearance and check the cam chane and tensioner etc, are there and CHCH KBers that are willing to give me a few pointers/a hand (copious amounts of liquid will be suplied!!)

Thanks everyone for thier interest/advice I will keep all updated as to if it arrives tomorrow and how it all turns out.

Jamie

SARGE
25th October 2005, 10:37
any news on the bike yet?