PDA

View Full Version : Lower Hutt meet Thursday

jimbo600
10th February 2004, 21:30
Alright Wellington boys and girls. It looks like a bunch of us are going to rock up at the Hutt River carpark on Thursday evening. Expect to see us there at around 9:00pm. If it's crap weather then it's off because we're pussies.

So rock on up and kick some rice burner tin top arse.

darren
11th February 2004, 12:30
see you there anyone else? :cold:

Hitcher
11th February 2004, 12:46
So rock on up and kick some rice burner tin top arse.

You may need to translate this for a fossil...

MrMelon
11th February 2004, 12:50
I'll try and turn up if my bike's running :O
Not holding my breath tho. :(

You don't have a silver helmet do you darren?
I've seen some guy with a silver helmet blasting around town lately on a zxr that looks like your one.

Slingshot
11th February 2004, 12:58
Expect to see us there at around 9:00pm.

Damb, that would only give me about an hour before the curfew and if there's normal a police present I don't want to push my luck.
Can't wait to get off this pain in the arse Learners.

darren
11th February 2004, 14:56
yip, I have a silver helmet,
Im dont get out as much as I would like to
trying to find people to ride with.

I sold my brother my Honda VT250 Magna Cruiser to get the
ZXR250 wanted a faster ride, even though the magna drew allot
of attention it didnt handle like a sports bike.

hope to catch up with ya

Darren

jimbo600
11th February 2004, 21:35
That's a good point. If anyone has a restricted license I suggest they flag it. The cops are pretty hot around the Hutt on Thursday nights and can be right wankers about licenses and such.

darren
12th February 2004, 06:56
how about making it 8pm when its still ok to ride
im on a L plate as well but dont use it
its become more of a problem with cops up my ass
with it on

darren :argh: :brick:

James Deuce
12th February 2004, 07:47
Bring a snorkel guys. The car park is under water.

jimbo600
12th February 2004, 09:46
8:00 pm is too early. The carpark is empty at that time. Sorry

Deano
12th February 2004, 13:29
Bring a snorkel guys. The car park is under water.

The carpark has now dried out quite a bit. Check it out live on the webcam at http://www.huttcity.info/.

Wenier
14th February 2004, 14:08
It would be good to get alot more riders out there. Me and another guy on an R6 are almost always there and turn up around 8.30 when its jus starting to take off.

Blink
14th February 2004, 14:37
Got a message from Mr Melon when i got home, so missed out last thursday.

But heard about the madness, and will definately be there next thursday :)

Wenier, coming for a ride tommorow ?
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=1911 <- weather depending

jimbo600
14th February 2004, 14:46
Yeah it was good to see the regulars there again, good stuff. Regular attendance and word of mouth about bikes rocking up there will probably result in a good turn out. This is exactly how Chelsea bridge started in London, and now it's a bike icon. It's what the sportbike scene needs in NZ. I was toying with the idea of starting a superbike mag here as well, something along the lines of the UK superbike or PB. What do you guys reckon?

Hitcher
15th February 2004, 12:38
Yeah it was good to see the regulars there again, good stuff. Regular attendance and word of mouth about bikes rocking up there will probably result in a good turn out. This is exactly how Chelsea bridge started in London, and now it's a bike icon. It's what the sportbike scene needs in NZ. I was toying with the idea of starting a superbike mag here as well, something along the lines of the UK superbike or PB. What do you guys reckon?

I hate to shatter your dreams Jimbo, but the NZ market is way too small for you to make a superbike mag economically viable. You could, however, start a NZ superbike web site...

jimbo600
15th February 2004, 13:26
That's a good point Mr Hitcher. The average age of the kiwi biker is 46 too, and that doesn't bode well for a superbike mag. However, I had not thought of the web page thing. And a web page would negate the requirement for expensive pre press and litho printing. Nice idea mate

Hitcher
15th February 2004, 13:31
That's a good point Mr Hitcher. The average age of the kiwi biker is 46 too, and that doesn't bode well for a superbike mag. However, I had not thought of the web page thing. And a web page would negate the requirement for expensive pre press and litho printing. Nice idea mate

Just let me know the URL when it's up and running!! And sing out if you need a good sub-editor...