PDA

View Full Version : It will be a interesting ride home tonite

DemonWolf
21st October 2005, 15:00
Well its blowin a gale.. so the ride home tonite from Kapuni is gonna be very interesting... Hope it clears up tomorrow for the rest of the long weekend..

Hopefully I'll stay ontop of the bike and not get blown off it.... :sweatdrop

skelstar
21st October 2005, 15:04
Amen to that!
Ive got to negotiate the bridge on the Petone Esplanade. Had an 'oh sh1t' moment this morning going through a roundaboot as a gust of wind hit me. Flashbacks of the Rimutakas from the other weekend.
Good luck.

Colapop
21st October 2005, 15:21
... Hope it clears up tomorrow for the rest of the long weekend..

It won't. It'll be a traditional long weekend - crap weather, idiots on the road, and redneck smokeys from a-hole to breakfast.

Be safe all.

Zapf
21st October 2005, 18:50
weather doesn't look that great for tomorrow.. but sunday looks great from forcasts.

I got so wet riding home it wasn't funny

heavenly.talker
21st October 2005, 20:30
Auckland Harbour bridge was fun tonight!!!

I also took a M50 for a test ride in the weather...having more tank gave it more shunt in the wind. Figure if I could deal with the weather on that it would be sweet on the fine days.

Funny thing happened when I got home though...(it's on loan for the night)...because I have short arms I found myself leaning over the tank some.

I had been riding fro 30-40 mins and was backing it into the garage when I got cramp simutaneously on both sides of my butt. Yeowsa!!!
I was leaning over the tank going ow ow ow laughing at the pain with hubbie bent over laughing beside me.

Weirdest experience I have had on bike yet.

Anyway back to the m50. Although it has a low saddle height and it didn't feel to big that way I found my arms were too short. I hate leaning over the tank. If I was to consider this I would need different bars.

You would think with riding position being so vital for a comfortable ride that this could be one of the parts that customise to the rider before buying the bloody bike?

What do you think?...is it unreasonable to think a manufacturer might give different bar options to the consumer as part of buying a new bike deal?

Badcat
21st October 2005, 20:38
.. my commute home from onehunga to northcote on the "new" SR500
way too soft forks
antique mismatched tyres
wierd brakes
controls in stupid places
handlebars too pulled back
couldn't see - visor covered in shit
slipping around on the seat.
and the weather terrible.

was pretty happy to get home in one piece.

new tyres tomorrow hopefully - if they arrived....

heavenly.talker
21st October 2005, 21:50
.. my commute home from onehunga to northcote on the "new" SR500
way too soft forks
antique mismatched tyres
wierd brakes
controls in stupid places
handlebars too pulled back
couldn't see - visor covered in shit
slipping around on the seat.
and the weather terrible.

was pretty happy to get home in one piece.

new tyres tomorrow hopefully - if they arrived....

My butt slides in my armoured wets but sticks like the proverbial to a blanket in the cheap old plastic wets lol.
Glad to hear that you got home okay! :scooter: