PDA

View Full Version : I got some minimotos for sale

Postie
21st October 2005, 15:06
i just bought some mini motos and they get here on the 9th of december.
I am keeping one, Bug Juice is having one and so i have 10 left. I have them advertised on trademe, I have 4 repsol replicas, 3 black and red flame ones and 3 Kawa green ones.
I am selling them for $600 and thought i would let you guys know first.

White trash
21st October 2005, 15:46
Good on you. Care to post some details other than paint? Aircooled/watercooled, cc rating, clutch style, floating/non floating brakes?

Postie
21st October 2005, 16:01
Good on you. Care to post some details other than paint? Aircooled/watercooled, cc rating, clutch style, floating/non floating brakes?

yeah of course..... :doobey: sorry

Load capacity: 110kg
Energy sources: 1:25 engine oil mixing
Max speed: 50km/h
Range:30-40km
Brake:Front and rear wheels by disc brake
Tire:9"
Oil box: 1L
Start item: manual
Transmission: chain driven
Cooling item: air
Engine exhaust: 49cc

Postie
21st October 2005, 16:05
White trash will probably know more about these then anyone else. about quality and such. I'm keeping a couple so i'm more then happy for people to try mine first.

White trash
21st October 2005, 16:09
Daytona 2 style chinkers at a good price. Postie, be real carefull on what motors they're shipped with, a mate who imports these got stung as he was told they'd be 49s and when they arrived, they were actually 39s.

Come on you buggers, get your orders in!

SPORK
21st October 2005, 16:11
Are the single geared or do they have gearboxes?

k14
21st October 2005, 16:13
I wish. After the nats have finished hopefully I'll have some spare cash to buy one.

k14
21st October 2005, 16:14
Are the single geared or do they have gearboxes?
Pretty sure they have a centrifugal clutch, just like a scooter, so only have 1 gear. Front and rear brakes are worked off the levers on the bars.

White trash
21st October 2005, 16:17
They have a centrigual clutch, straight off the crankshaft. Changing the spring weights on the clutch will adjust what level of RPM the clutch bites at. The 40cc LC Chinkers engage at 8000rpm.

The gearing is 6/68 I think from memory but you'll want a 7 tooth for outdoor tracks. Postie: Get them to throw a handfull of 7 tooth front sprockets in the box too. Everyone will want one.

Postie
21st October 2005, 18:09
They have a centrigual clutch, straight off the crankshaft. Changing the spring weights on the clutch will adjust what level of RPM the clutch bites at. The 40cc LC Chinkers engage at 8000rpm.

The gearing is 6/68 I think from memory but you'll want a 7 tooth for outdoor tracks. Postie: Get them to throw a handfull of 7 tooth front sprockets in the box too. Everyone will want one.

noted and will ask, or i'll bring some in with the next lot, that is if these are what i payed for, i'll be most upset if they turn out to be 39cc bikes. i was hoping to keep these for other reasons but i have to sell them unfortunatly. i will be bringing some more in next year so if anyone misses out, let me know and i'll add one to my order for you too. that is (of course) if these are decent enough bikes.

Ghost Lemur
21st October 2005, 18:48
I might be keen. Is there much of a scene for them down here (Christchurch). Places to ride etc?

If I got one it'd have to be the black, thanks.

Would mean dipping again into my NewBikeFund again. Although it does have an engine and two wheels.

*starts scheming*

dveus
21st October 2005, 19:04
hmm, the old man keeps saying he wants to get one, may have to convince him to go 50/50 with me on one. Will be keen to have a look at one once they arrive.

Ivan
22nd October 2005, 14:36
Hey will you be able to get more in this year at that price cause I gotta pay my DR off find another part time job and save some cash and I will buy one to hack around on they are so cool I want to take it to Kaitoke and have a race meeting there some guy at Turners and Growers about 4 months back let me have a go on his it was real awsome still not as fun as the good ol Buckets

aff-man
22nd October 2005, 14:49
come on ya rippers buy em so we can start an underground racing scene....

They go pretty good and from experience they crash pretty good tooo.. Just make sure of the engine size i did a bit of research and as trashy says some of the bikes coming in have smaller than stated engines.

Coyote
22nd October 2005, 15:07
I'll have to convince my dad to loan me the money. Have any of the black with flames ones left?

Postie
23rd October 2005, 13:28
Hey will you be able to get more in this year at that price cause I gotta pay my DR off find another part time job and save some cash and I will buy one to hack around on they are so cool I want to take it to Kaitoke and have a race meeting there some guy at Turners and Growers about 4 months back let me have a go on his it was real awsome still not as fun as the good ol Buckets

yeah, i was going to bring some more in next year. they will be cheaper too cos i can get the same bikes through another crowd. i'll let you know when i am gonna order some in.

davenz
25th October 2005, 16:51
hey are there any more of those bikes for sale? sounds hilarious and i'd be keen to have a crack at it :D just need to sell a car or two (why didnt i see the light earlier). Ill probably end up going to silverdale track as I live in albany.

bugjuice
25th October 2005, 17:46
there's still plenty left..
wouldn't go as far as selling the car for one tho! How would you get around?!

HDTboy
25th October 2005, 18:59
I might be keen for a Repsol, let me know when you get them and I'll see how much spare dough I've got

davenz
25th October 2005, 22:24
on the 2fiddy of course :) suzi gsx, no 'r' tho :(
the car hasnt budged from the garage since i got my bike 8 months ago...

Wellyman
2nd December 2005, 13:28
Hey Postie do you get any pitbikes ( dirtbike ones). if you do how much? what cc etc?I want a pitbike not a minimoto
Cheers
Wellyman

dray
27th December 2005, 10:07
thats a bit expensive i got mine for £160

Bulldog
28th December 2005, 22:02
My mate (Buster) and I just bought a couple off Postie. Great meeting you Postie and crap me they are a lot of fun. We've been ripping through the park tonight on ours :headbang:

Yes we are bad. :laugh:

Cabbit
23rd February 2006, 14:40
hehe, they sound fun, might look into getting one at a later date.