PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha announce new R1 (updated chassis)

TwoSeven
21st October 2005, 18:57
At the tokyo motor show. Citing difficulty adjusting the swingarm length to cater for all types of road users, Yamaha have made some minor mods to the bike to satisfy consumer feedback.

You can find out more here (http://www.gizmag.com.au/go/4729/)

Waylander
21st October 2005, 19:01
That's an article about the two new cruisers mate....

TwoSeven
21st October 2005, 19:12
yes, the new R1 chassis update :doobey: :eyepoke: :banana:

T.W.R
21st October 2005, 19:37
HAVE A PERV AT THE OCTOBER ISSUE OF TWO WHEELS YOU'LL SEE THE 06' R1SP ITS THE ONE-OFF LTD MOD !

TwoSeven
21st October 2005, 20:53
Oh, you mean the one where they take the piss out of stupid punters. I like the several thousand dollar charge for lightning the wheels 500g. Basically they are trying to charge for brand names.

Smart buyers would buy the stock bike, turn to the front of the same magazine and order the aftermarket bits themsevles. eg. PVM wheels and the like and save a couple of grand :)

John
21st October 2005, 20:59
Oh, you mean the one where they take the piss out of stupid punters. I like the several thousand dollar charge for lightning the wheels 500g. Basically they are trying to charge for brand names.

Smart buyers would buy the stock bike, turn to the front of the same magazine and order the aftermarket bits themsevles. eg. PVM wheels and the like and save a couple of grand :)
dispite your 'wisdom' twoseven, You fail to see the bigger picture of everything.

T.W.R
21st October 2005, 23:31
yeah yeah blind little twoseven, with only 500 being made worldwide that puts it in a very exclusive club, sure theres plenty of bikes with production plaques etc but with just 500 being made its rarer than an RC30 or NR750 its typical yamaha exclusiveness remember the original XS1100 midnight special? the first 200 were 24carat gold plated on the obviously gold parts or howabout MV Agusta 750s America ? or even the craig vetter designed X75 triumph all just dolled up stockbikes but worth shitloads more than a standard 1 ( bar the MV obviously) or howabout a 77 greenframe ducati 750ss ? try buying one of them compared to a blue frame 750ss STARTING TO GET THE PICTURE ? :done:

T.W.R
21st October 2005, 23:46
ALSO just for more common bikes, try a genuine wire wheel suzuki 1100 katana, sure plenty of imitation ones around but try finding the real thing ! last 1 i saw was selling for 22grand. or even a genuine kawasaki eddie lawson replica(circa 82') rare as hens teeth or how about a ducati 750f1 montjuic or laguna seca ? a few standard f1s around but bet you never heard of the montjuic or laguna seca models aye !

Brian d marge
22nd October 2005, 01:59
well they say a fool and their money are soon parted ....

Having been around All those bike listed below ,,,and knowing the prices ,,, and having succumed to the exclusivity club ,,,( snap on gold plated set 1000 made certificated and all ....)

I would be turning to the front of the mag as well ....as a harris framed PVM wheeled CBR ...is a dam site better an what the factories produce ......gold plated or not .......

:spudwave:
Stephen

by the way any one want to buy an NR ...I know of 2 for sale at the moment for around the same price as a sorted gold wing

Dafe
22nd October 2005, 05:36
I brought a Triumph TT600 from a guy down the road. He owned the bike for Two years and had knocked up 1800km. I owned the bike for two months and took it from 1800km to 4500km.

T.W.R
22nd October 2005, 09:18
HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU COMPARE A NR750 OVAL PISTON 32 VALVE SUPERBIKE TO A ROAD GOING WHALE LIKE A GOLDWING ? DUH IDIOT!

gav
22nd October 2005, 09:46
HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU COMPARE A NR750 OVAL PISTON 32 VALVE SUPERBIKE TO A ROAD GOING WHALE LIKE A GOLDWING ? DUH IDIOT!
They are for sale at the same price.....easy comparison really.

Brian d marge
22nd October 2005, 12:29

Price,,,, and please dont shout ,,, That capacity is resevered for one whom we are fond of ,,,,
I take it you are new to computers then ?????

Stephen

T.W.R
22nd October 2005, 13:58
Price,,,, and please dont shout ,,, That capacity is resevered for one whom we are fond of ,,,,
I take it you are new to computers then ?????

Stephen

excuse me ! we ain't talking about RC45s its a NR750 ( see the pic) & unless any were privately brought into the country none never made it here ! ( priced at just over $50000 aus in 1991).

and using upper-case was to get your attention, which worked obviously :niceone:

make a comparison between the pics, a real motorcycle or a 2 wheeled car ? if you need a bike that large get a dam car :argh:

John
22nd October 2005, 15:09
nr's were to ahead of time :| so hot.

Brian d marge
22nd October 2005, 16:20
The original point was buying into the exclusivity club,,
but we digress . The Nr I had the pleasure a couple of weeks back to see at motegi a lecture by the engineer who led the design team ...the drawings are still there and all hand done ,,would make a nice poster ...
Anyway was a mechanic at a Honda dealer back when they came out .. I went on the electricl course instead as it was more use to me .. but we got to poke around inside the engine ...I know of two here in japan selling ( actually NOT selling as no one wants em ..the one I prepped is now back in England after failing to sell here in Japan ,..) They are /were priced at I think 1,9 million
A hardly ableson whale is 2,5 million and a 1800 se is 1,5 to 1,9 and just checked a 1800 with trike convertion is 4.4 million yen
Just because there was only one mad or its a special edition doesnt make them exclusive .... ( look at the prices for the little Honda DAX ,,horrible little things but people pay money for them ...or the CT200 ...)
As for the wire wheeled Katana they ( there has been a separate thread on that ) were a offshoot for I think a south African dealership with SOME finding there way to NZ ....( do a search and read thread )
If you wanted to invest money ..Stamps would have been better
As for being a super bike of the time having riden all , including the NR ,,the Nr was ( in a VERY sort ride ,,,end of the street and back ) a grunty wee fella ...,, but there were better around ...Nc30 with the HRC kit for example was way higher on the fun scale ..IMHO
The whales can handle very well ...I personally dont like riding them ...but they do handle very well
Finally if you do need to get my attension using local terms of enderment shouted across the internet isnt one of them

Stephen

T.W.R
22nd October 2005, 16:58
yep fair enough about the NR ( but the only thing that makes them not too popular is their very narrow usability & complexity etc, not the fact of their exclusiveness) and the prices your quoting ( in yen) is cheap on all counts including the whales.
you'd actually find that with the Katana 1100 wire-wheel it was for production racing just the same as the 1000 model the US got for their superbike racing due to regulations laid down by the AMA.
with the NC30 (VFR400) sure they are a far more exciting toy to play with but common as muck & access to HRC kits isn't too impossible to source either.
haha a ct200 geez their common as dude ( a trusty farmers hack over here, many many people have learnt to ride on them, they can be picked up dirt cheap at farm auctions here).
yeah i've spun the spanner of a few bikes too, check issue 42 of streebike magazine 1996 the Ducati MHR mille in there is my handy work.

Brian d marge
22nd October 2005, 17:17
here you go ....CT110 (http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k25046653) ( sorry my memory aint that hot ) just incase your browser shows little squares and thing ,,they want 228 000 yen for this ,,and he will get it to ,,,in demand those thing s

Stephen
PS love to see an scan of the duke

T.W.R
22nd October 2005, 17:53
ha ct110, ct90, ct200 their all the same here dude ( actually probably 1 of honda's longest run of bike almost totally unchanged for years & years.

sure no probs with the scan ( check the pics ) MHR & others.

the MHR was stripped & rebuilt, the XR stripped & rebuilt, & the Laverda was built from a box of bits :niceone:

Brian d marge
22nd October 2005, 20:46
Sorry for being a bit mis leading ,,Just spoken to my mate and the last NR at auction went for 42000 NZ for a good one ,,,sorry about the ole memory I thought we had it listed at 2 ish .....

Stephen