PDA

View Full Version : TOYS I WISH I HADN'T MOVED ON!

T.W.R
21st October 2005, 19:22
JUST SOME PICS OF A FEW OF MY OLD COB-WEB BLOWERS & COMFY STEEDS

THE LAVERDA WAS SCARING PEOPLE WHEN BOY RACERS WERE IN NAPPIES :headbang:
THE 850 WAS A CHOICE OLD SCHOOL TOURING MOUNT :niceone:
THE MHR WAS JUST COOOOL! :not:
THE XR500 WAS A BIG ASS BASTARD ! :devil2:
THE IT WAS A MISSLE! :crybaby:
THE CBX MMM JUST A PLAIN JANE NO FUSS GOOD BIKE :sweatdrop

HOPE A FEW OF YOU HAVE A MEMORY OR TWO OF THESE SORT OF BIKES ESPECIALLY THE BIG BANGERS :niceone:

marty
21st October 2005, 19:28
My old CS80 scooter, my 2nd owner mk3 Zephyr, my 1951 Ford Pop (original), my 4x4 L300, my VX Commodore wagon, my flat bottom W351 powered race/ski boat :(

Rhino
21st October 2005, 19:33
I remember seeing quite a number of Laverdas in Christchurch when I lived there (up to 1995.) Trying to think who the importer/dealer was. What year is the one in the pic?

T.W.R
21st October 2005, 19:49
I BROUGHT IN BITS FROM ERIC WOOD'S IN 89' IT WAS 79' 1200 MIRAGE WITH JOTA CAMS, HARRIS F3 RACE PIPE, MODDED CARBS WITH POD FILTERS ETC. CAN'T REMEMBER WHO THE OFFICIAL DEALER WAS OR IF THERE EVEN WAS ONE IN TOWN AT THE TIME. USED TO GET PHIL PAYNE TO DO ANY WORK THAT NEEDED DOING TO THE OLD BITCH ! THERE IS STILL THE ODD LAVERDA THUNDERING AROUND, MAINLY 3CLs ETC, DID SEE A MINT SFC1000 A WHILE BACK

nicmotors
21st October 2005, 19:56
I grew up on a farm, the very firat bike got on was an old honda trail 90, you know the ones like a posty has, then i rode another old sukuki 125 (not too sure what type it was, I was only about 9 by the second one)

Oh the memories...

Badcat
21st October 2005, 20:27
JESUS, that's a good looking bike.
still badass, after all these years.

nice pics.
k

gav
21st October 2005, 21:00
Mate, your dirt bikes are way too clean. Damn good, sharp photos, must be fairly old arent they?
My regret is not taking more (or any in some cases) photos of my old bikes. Actually must buy a scanner oneday too.
But heres a few..

NordieBoy
21st October 2005, 21:06
THE XR500 WAS A BIG ASS BASTARD ! :devil2:
(Hitcher)Big arse barstard.(/Hitcher)

One day I might get a 500 but until then I'm happy with my little 250.

T.W.R
21st October 2005, 21:31
CHEERS LADS, LOLS TOO CLEAN YOU RECKON, MMM WELL THE XR WAS FRESH OUT OF THE WORKSHOP(JUST BEEN PUT BACK TOGETHER) SHOULD HAVE SEEN IT PRIOR TO THAT! & THE IT THAT WAS ITS FIRST OUTING AFTER A REBUILD( HAD ENOUGH PORRIDGE TO SEE OFF A 90' CR500, SERIOUS PORT JOB & TRICKY BITS). CHOICE BUCKETS GAV & NICE NS400 ( SWEET HANDLERS AYE ). NORDIE THERE AIN'T NOTHIN WRONG WITH THE 250s, JUST THE 500 HAD MORE STOMP TO RIP THE FRONT END UP & DIG TRENCHES IN THE DIRT.