PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Streets - Paeroa

Wonko
11th February 2004, 12:36
Heading down home on next Saturday and wondering how many others are heading there.

Kwaka-Kid
11th February 2004, 15:23
Heading down early Sunday Morning.. lets get this organised... Autobahn BP about 8am aye guys? leave by 8:20am... somthing like that? get the ball rolling...

kasper
11th February 2004, 17:10
heading out from tauranga about 1 hour before it beigns and goign through the twitis of the gorge.

when does the thing begin??

LB
11th February 2004, 18:12
Hamish and I will be there, will try to organise a meeting place at some stage during Sunday as I'd like to meet some of you.

DEATH_INC.
11th February 2004, 20:12
We're planning on heading down,gonna meet up with some of the boys from up north though.Let ya know a time/place if ya wanna meet up with us for the ride down.

Kwaka-Kid
11th February 2004, 21:49
ohhh my god! DEATH INC you own an E1? aswell as 130wide and Myself.. thats makes 3 of us here on this site alone. shite.

What?
12th February 2004, 05:31
heading out from tauranga about 1 hour before it beigns and goign through the twitis of the gorge.

when does the thing begin??
Practice starts at 8, racing around 11.
Assuming the world is still turning, I will be going over the hill and along the old Te Aroha road. Have been to every round at Paeroa, ain't missing one now.

kasper
12th February 2004, 14:23
Practice starts at 8, racing around 11.
Assuming the world is still turning, I will be going over the hill and along the old Te Aroha road. Have been to every round at Paeroa, ain't missing one now.

want to meet up? and ride out together?

130wide
12th February 2004, 15:10
I think we're heading to Paeroa, then stright through and around coromandel any takers. That'll be me, "GPz' and a mate. Any others?

Motoracer
12th February 2004, 15:35
around coromandel any takers. That'll be me, "GPz' and a mate. Any others?

Yep, I think I might be joining you on the coro ride. I am on the old TZR250 now. Shit all power (done about 15,000km with out a rebuild) but corners really well. I just hope I don't get out cornerd by you on the GPZ around the tight stuff again :p

What?
12th February 2004, 19:16
want to meet up? and ride out together?
Could be a plan. I intend to leave around 7:00.
You really ride a GL145????

Kwaka-Kid
12th February 2004, 22:36
yes what he does and he turned up to the movies with it... ahahah Kasper... you mean Meet up Together and then Ride out, as i doubt the ride out will be very much "together" with many other bikes :P hehe

kasper
14th February 2004, 07:03
Yes I do ride it.

where should we meet up and at what time?
how abpout the Mcdonalds on eleventh ave at 6:45 am

And Kwaka-Kid stop spliting hairs.

if my guess is right this should be my 30th post :scooter: boy now

georgedubyabush
14th February 2004, 08:23
I'm making the trip down and would be keen to check out this 'coromandel' thing everyone keeps going on about.

Kwaka-Kid
14th February 2004, 09:31
right so has anybody set any times yet? Meet @ when and where guys?

wkid_one
14th February 2004, 13:05
Just watch out for gravel and old ladies in Korean Cars please!!!!

NhuanH
15th February 2004, 20:44
Just watch out for gravel and old ladies in Korean Cars please!!!!

fo sho bro! :bleh:

actually, tomorrow is the exact anniversary...

Wonko
16th February 2004, 10:09
Meet up 2 pm at the Autobann/BP just south of Papakura Karaka turn off, riding out at 2.30.

wkid_one
16th February 2004, 16:50
I'll be there as well.....heading up from Wellington to watch.....was gonna tempt fate and ride, but paint me yellow...I decided against it given the likely presence of the boys in blue.

I'll be the one, not in leathers baking my arse off, but in shorts and a singlet (green with envy at those who rode - ironic)

Kwaka-Kid
18th February 2004, 11:42
Well, Here is my final time: 9AM @ AUTOBAHN CAFE PAPAKURA... leaving by 9:20am SHARP... Just if anyone else is interested. also leave us a PM and i can give u celly number and stuff if you want to organize otherwise.

kasper
18th February 2004, 12:55
Well it looks like i wont be able to make this run. as my biek is under repair this weekend. and ill be in auckland. well have fun you lot and dont kill your selves.

kill the others but jsut dont kill yourselvs

DEATH_INC.
18th February 2004, 13:32
Well, Here is my final time: 9AM @ AUTOBAHN CAFE PAPAKURA... leaving by 9:20am SHARP... Just if anyone else is interested. also leave us a PM and i can give u celly number and stuff if you want to organize otherwise.
Draco and Me will try to be there.......gotta drop the rugrat to babysitter and still not sure when the northland boys are gonna get here........but we'll try... :brick:

Kwaka-Kid
19th February 2004, 00:51
sweet well ill prolly be left the only one there waiting for nobody, but still, will be enjoyable, oh PutMan on a GSXR250 may be with me, Yay! cheers DEATH, hope u can make it dude, id love to see this bloody 750 mate!! ohh id die.

georgedubyabush
19th February 2004, 08:59
sweet well ill prolly be left the only one there waiting for nobody, but still, will be enjoyable, oh PutMan on a GSXR250 may be with me, Yay! cheers DEATH, hope u can make it dude, id love to see this bloody 750 mate!! ohh id die.

Another Northlander here, will be there around 9

DEATH_INC.
19th February 2004, 22:01

Sorry dude,the Turbo is undergoing a bit of surgery to find more of that HP hidden within :devil2: ......won't be up and running for a bit yet.I'll be on the gixx this time.....
On the plus side looks like we'll make it at 9ish.... :whistle:

Kwaka-Kid
19th February 2004, 23:40
sweet! this should be good, im a slow rider and need to watch my mate on his gixx250 as its got major leaking fork seals that have run onto both front brakes now, so he cant stop properly, ill hang back with him but enjoy meeting you guys (yeah yeah ill fix his fork seals next weekend)

PutMan
20th February 2004, 17:01
sweet! this should be good, im a slow rider and need to watch my mate on his gixx250 as its got major leaking fork seals that have run onto both front brakes now, so he cant stop properly, ill hang back with him but enjoy meeting you guys (yeah yeah ill fix his fork seals next weekend)

Yea Today I figured out how much bumps Hurt round courners with Stuffed Shocks :no:

So i'll Be takeing It pretty Easy...

MadDuck
20th February 2004, 20:38
Hey Kawa-kid...
Me have been trying to get some peps together to come out to Puke and time was set as 9am at Autobahn Papakura.
Me will be there so I look out for you ...if you going slow then maybe I could keep up. I dont have prob with fork seals just a girl rider ..ummm 160 kms down motorway be ok ? :Punk:

Kwaka-Kid
20th February 2004, 22:27
sweet madduck, we shall all meet! i may even try get there a little earlier and just grab something to eat there, well i better sleep, oh yay for the double shift tomorrow

DEATH_INC.
21st February 2004, 06:56
Been thinking, we could duck back to papakura and go via hunua :ride: ,rather than putt down the m/way :scooter: .....
Just hope the weather holds out :sunny:

wkid_one
21st February 2004, 07:45
Been thinking, we could duck back to papakura and go via hunua :ride: ,rather than putt down the m/way :scooter: .....
Just hope the weather holds out :sunny:
Better to go - Clevedon - KawaKawa - Kaiaua - Miranda

Nicer ride

sAsLEX
21st February 2004, 13:14

If the weather looks sweet I will be there!

Zed
21st February 2004, 17:25
Meet up 2 pm at the Autobann/BP just south of Papakura Karaka turn off, riding out at 2.30.
Thanks again for leading the way to Paeroa today Wonko, the weather stayed fine on my way back to Auckland too!

After I left your place I cruised around the street circuit and it looked mighty challenging...pity I couldn't be there tomorrow- oh well!

Hope it's a blast and that no-one gets hurt. :msn-wink:

Zed

Draco
21st February 2004, 18:43
Another Northlander here, will be there around 9
My mates are meeting up at the waipu straight (at the crossroads between the two waipu turnoffs) at 7:30am if you're interested in riding down with them.....
My mates (Ian) cell no. 0211231743.Give him a yell if you want.tell him Andrew told you...
OOPs! not Draco....Death_inc.

DEATH_INC.
21st February 2004, 18:51
Better to go - Clevedon - KawaKawa - Kaiaua - Miranda

Nicer ride
Na....Hunua-Mangatawhiri-Miranda....Much better and less traffic....'cept for the bit on the main drag of course....

wkid_one
21st February 2004, 19:35
Na....Hunua-Mangatawhiri-Miranda....Much better and less traffic....'cept for the bit on the main drag of course....
Boring tho - only a few minor windies......

Hunua road is pretty average at the best of times.

The road through Kawakawa Bay is far more entertaining (esp the corner by the Saw Mill)

Yamahamaman
22nd February 2004, 19:48
By no better rider than Tony.