PDA

View Full Version : just to say hi,

wil
23rd October 2005, 11:24
new to forum so just a greeting from me to you guys. i am in the uk until the second week in December then my life changes as i am emigrating to NZ, TE AWUMUTU to be precise, hopefully this will be a pleasent life changing experience. have sold my bikes so will be buying something when we are settled, i bought a brand new yam fazer 1000 last feb and it broke my heart to sell a couple of months back :crybaby: , the best bike i have ever ridden for all round ability, and probably the last new bike i will be able to afford for a long time.

Have read alot about biking in NZ and it looks fantastic from a scenery point of veiw :sunny:

Magua
23rd October 2005, 12:24
Cool, a fellow biker is allways welcome. If you don't mind me asking.....why Te Awamutu?

Black
23rd October 2005, 12:29
Welcome to KB.
Good luck with your emigration.
To echo Magua ... why Te Awamutu?

Coyote
23rd October 2005, 12:31
Wilkommen to the site :niceone:

marty
23rd October 2005, 12:37
hope it's not to come and work at Pacific Aerospace! more likely to Fonterra?

marty
23rd October 2005, 12:38
TE AWUMUTU to be precise, :sunny:

how ironic....

marty
23rd October 2005, 12:39
but really - TA is pretty cool. 2 mins to the country, great rides everywhere.

could do ya a mint TL1000S for a dead right price!

Zed
23rd October 2005, 17:33
new to forum so just a greeting from me to you guys. i am in the uk until the second week in December then my life changes as i am emigrating to NZ, TE AWUMUTU to be precise...

Have read alot about biking in NZ and it looks fantastic from a scenery point of veiw :sunny:Welcome to KB Wil, and New Zealand when you arrive! Good choice you've made, beautiful country down here and the roads you'll love, just make sure you get on two wheels as soon as is possible on arrival!! :spudwave:

zadok
23rd October 2005, 20:24
Welcome to K.B, Wil. You should find N.Z a beautiful place.

wil
23rd October 2005, 22:27
thankyou for the welcome guys, reason for Te Awumutu is that the wife has a job in Wakeria, we havent 100% decided on TA so that could change i suppose, will be renting for a start anyway, we can then get out and about to see where we want to buy. What is wrong with T A?? i have never been there just seen the web site.

summer has just finished here and the bad weather is on its way so most bikes tend to only come out on really dry days as they cover the roads in rock salt. It only takes one winter to ruin a nice bike here, everything corrodes really quickly once the salt has got hold. looking forward to a better summer in NZ AND LONGER RIDING DAYS :niceone:

thanks again for the welcome hope to meet some of you when we are sorted.

Dodgy1
25th October 2005, 02:38
thankyou for the welcome guys, reason for Te Awumutu is that the wife has a job in Wakeria, we havent 100% decided on TA so that could change i suppose, will be renting for a start anyway, we can then get out and about to see where we want to buy. What is wrong with T A?? i have never been there just seen the web site.

summer has just finished here and the bad weather is on its way so most bikes tend to only come out on really dry days as they cover the roads in rock salt. It only takes one winter to ruin a nice bike here, everything corrodes really quickly once the salt has got hold. looking forward to a better summer in NZ AND LONGER RIDING DAYS :niceone:

thanks again for the welcome hope to meet some of you when we are sorted.

Nothin wrong with Te Awamutu...beutiful place ....I moved down here from Auckland and its the best move I ever made....Great riding country.... :niceone:

stify
25th October 2005, 06:24
weclome to the nuthouse

wil
25th October 2005, 09:57
hope it's not to come and work at Pacific Aerospace! more likely to Fonterra?

I dont have a job there at the mo, my wife does, i am an engineer so i am hoping to find something reasonably quickly, i really would like to be in work by mid Jan.

Sniper
25th October 2005, 11:14
Welcome......

Jabez
25th October 2005, 11:55
Welcome....:)

Colapop
25th October 2005, 13:02
I dont have a job there at the mo, my wife does, i am an engineer so i am hoping to find something reasonably quickly, i really would like to be in work by mid Jan.
Welcome to NZ (when you arrive), Welcome to the site in the mean time. Good people on here, tons of good advice.
Wot kind of Engineer are you? I work for a consultant engineering firm with an office in London so you could check us out before you come (if you're that kind of engineer) :niceone:

emaN
26th October 2005, 10:22
Welcome geez!
I myself moved over (ie-came back) in Jan this year, but brought the bike wiv' me.. TA's pretty...just a shade quieter than wot you might be used to, which can be a good thing,innit?!

limbimtimwim
26th October 2005, 10:52
I dont have a job there at the mo, my wife does, i am an engineer so i am hoping to find something reasonably quickly, i really would like to be in work by mid Jan.TA is a calm country town, but not so small is to require you to drive a long way to get basic stuff. There is a city less than an hour away that has all the other crap you will need. I would imagine an engineer in TA could get a job. There is lots of farm machinery, hydro dams, a large dairy factory and many associated milk trucks I imagine need maintaining. My mother is from there, so I always think of TA in a positive light :-)

2wheels in Red Beach
26th October 2005, 20:46
Hi Wil,
You'll luv it over ere, I av bin over ere now for five years an i ain't neva goin back. Could not imagine going back to those long dark winter months. The scenery is fantastic and as you'll find out the locals are very friendly to. good luck with the move. :banana:

wil
29th October 2005, 05:01
Welcome geez!
I myself moved over (ie-came back) in Jan this year, but brought the bike wiv' me.. TA's pretty...just a shade quieter than wot you might be used to, which can be a good thing,innit?!

wanted to bring mine but i had a loan to buy it, wanted to clear that up and and get another bike in NZ, luckily fazers demand good money and i only lost £250 when i sold. i can now start again in the new year.

DMNTD
29th October 2005, 09:27
wanted to bring mine but i had a loan to buy it, wanted to clear that up and and get another bike in NZ, luckily fazers demand good money and i only lost £250 when i sold. i can now start again in the new year.
Welcome to KB and soon NZ mate.
Good luck finding ya new baby :niceone:

Unit
29th October 2005, 09:46
Welcome to NZ, and Kiwi Biker. The riding in this country is awsome anywhere you go, central North Island has some great roads, but to really get into it visit the South Island. Ive seen more of this country than a lot of people and never ever get tired of it, at all. If you come to the north of the North Island, call in for a cuppa and a chat. KB has been great for us and have met some wonderful people, had some great rides and gained some very useful information. We get to ride pretty much all year round, the summer is great so you are coming at the right time of the year, definatley. ENJOY! :niceone:

Biff
30th October 2005, 00:20
Wil-come? :spudwave:

classic zed
30th October 2005, 10:13
Your gong to love it here, we have never looked back since moving here (yes another UK import here, four years on). The people are so friendly and the weather is great, never catch me back in the UK.

Otis243
2nd November 2005, 07:01
Welcome geez!

Hi Eman

I'm should be on my way from the UK early next year and want to bring my bikes with me. Can you give me any tips ? Who did you use to transport your bike ?

Thanks

Otis

thehollowmen
2nd November 2005, 08:30
welcome to the madhouse
good luck with trying to import your baby

inlinefour
3rd November 2005, 10:51
dunno about that te awamutu place, welcome to the site btw