PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get pinged coming home from Akaroa after lunch today?

Oakie
23rd October 2005, 18:14
Beaut day for a ride in the country today so Mrs Oakie and I rode over to Akaroa around lunchtime for a seafood chowder.
Saw a cop sitting at the bottom of the start of the hilly part near 'Little River' so we rode up the hill flashing the lights and making the 'cop ahead' and 'slow down' hand signals to the 20 or so bikes we saw coming down the hill. (well we knew what our wild hand movements meant ... other riders may have been a bit bemused) :spudwave: . Cop was gone when we came back about 3 hours later so hopefully he got bored with all the bikers not speeding and went home.
Anyway ... did he catch anyone?

bugjuice
23rd October 2005, 18:40
cops in force everywhere. I was coming back from the deep north today (headed up yesterday), and they're just like ants! They're everywhere!!
I think I might have been pinged once, but if not, kept my nose clean in the cage!

onearmedbandit
23rd October 2005, 18:46
Labour weekend aye, not a good weekend to be conducting unofficial speed tests. Was at work today, so couldn't get out and donate to the coffers.

WINJA
23rd October 2005, 18:46
630PM LAST NIGHT THERE WAS A CHECK POINT WITH THE BIG BLUE BUS ON THE WAY OUT TO RAGLAN , I THINK THEY BREATH TESTING , GOOD TO SEE CAUSE THERE WERE LOTS OF TANKED UP PEOPLE AT THE BARS DOWN THERE

T.W.R
23rd October 2005, 19:03
last time i was over there i blistered one down the takamatua straight, the shit chased me to akaroa, we played cat n mouse around there, he didn't catch me pheew! . so haven't been back for a while mmm.
the rest area by lake forsyth used to be their hidey hole (sods!)
there were a couple sneakin about in muffties on the main sth today ( silver commadore & dark blue mitzy dble-cab ute)

onearmedbandit
23rd October 2005, 19:20
Did a ride to Aka's on Wednesday with Bren, saw two on the hill coming back to chch. No action was taken.

WINJA
23rd October 2005, 19:22
last time i was over there i blistered one down the takamatua straight, the shit chased me to akaroa, we played cat n mouse around there, he didn't catch me pheew! . so haven't been back for a while mmm.
the rest area by lake forsyth used to be their hidey hole (sods!)
there were a couple sneakin about in muffties on the main sth today ( silver commadore & dark blue mitzy dble-cab ute)
YOU COULDA HID IT IN THAT POST OFFICE THAT IS LEFT OPEN ON THE WAY OUT THERE, I POOHED IN THAT POST OFFICE WHY ARENT THERE TOILETS ROUND THERE

Unit
23rd October 2005, 19:36
Saw quite a few just south of Whangarei yesterday. 6 of us travelling together, 3 girls, 3 guys, all on a bike each, 5 Suzuki's and one Duke (yep, me). Had a great time but knew to behave on SH1. Look forward to getting to the SI around March if poss, learned to ride down their on my Norton 850 commando, cant wait to retrace those steps on the Duke. Weather here awsome, enjoy the rest of the weekend

crashe
23rd October 2005, 20:03
As the "official decoy" :rofl: :rofl:
I rode down to Hamilton yesterday... I had about 4 cops in tow....

Then today I rode down towards Tauranga via matamata then over the Kaimai's.. I had with me 3 camera vans (white, dark green and a red van), and lots of cops in cars.....
Oh yeah I had them stopping heaps of cars today.... and I managed to signal heaps of bikers to slow down , so they wouldnt get busted.

So I hope you all had fun riding the past two days as I had the cops with me.

:spudwave: :spudwave: :spudwave: :spudwave:

T.W.R
23rd October 2005, 20:50
haha you mean the one at barry's bay? lols so thats how the cheese is made mmm? nah if you hide its to easy to be found, keep movin son ( if ya stopped, it wasn't me orificer i've just got here!, or plod " i've been lookin for you!" reply " i know i got here as fast as i could" ! )

Oakie
23rd October 2005, 20:56
haha you mean the one at barry's bay? lols so thats how the cheese is made mmm? nah if you hide its to easy to be found, keep movin son ( if ya stopped, it wasn't me orificer i've just got here!, or plod " i've been lookin for you!" reply " i know i got here as fast as i could" ! )

Mmmm. 'Barry's Bay' Cheese. Mrs Oakie and I are munching down on a cheeseboard of five different sorts right now.

Ixion
23rd October 2005, 22:57
As the "official decoy" :rofl: :rofl:
I rode down to Hamilton yesterday... I had about 4 cops in tow....

Then today I rode down towards Tauranga via matamata then over the Kaimai's.. I had with me 3 camera vans (white, dark green and a red van), and lots of cops in cars.....
Oh yeah I had them stopping heaps of cars today.... and I managed to signal heaps of bikers to slow down , so they wouldnt get busted.

So I hope you all had fun riding the past two days as I had the cops with me.

:spudwave: :spudwave: :spudwave: :spudwave:

You done well , Decoy. Kept 'em away from me . Except for one ugly bugger in a grey car parked on the Northern motorway , peered at me with one of those laser thingies, rhen decided he wasn't interested. Thought he might have been, either in me or the car I was following. And one marked car coming out of Warkworth, waved to me so I waved back.

Not that I need them decoyed mind, being as I am very law abiding. Just a wee after werk pootle. I like these daylight saving evenings. from werk knock off till dark is just a nice length of time for a spin .Kept it under 100kph, so all good. 290 km , in 5 minutes under the 3 hours , precisely, which is 99.5kph. A credit to the law abiding biker community I am ( that did include about 15km of gravel. Der Uberfarter quite enjoyed that , kept muttering about "mein kousin Von Dakar, yah HAH" and farting obscenely. ) Got into the zone on the gravel and the run home after that was one of those nice sweeping rides when everything works. I'm not a fast rider, but I've got to hand it to BMW for being good at being quick and still leaving one unstressed and unsore at the end.

And best of all no ruddy wildlife tried to take me out. Dunno where all you lot were though, from Wellsford to home I saw precisely 3 bikes.

T.W.R
23rd October 2005, 23:25
sods didn't get me any garlic cheese did ya lols ( makes the bike go faster!:scooter:)

SpeedyGirl
24th October 2005, 00:17
Beaut day for a ride in the country today so Mrs Oakie and I rode over to Akaroa around lunchtime for a seafood chowder.
Saw a cop sitting at the bottom of the start of the hilly part near 'Little River' so we rode up the hill flashing the lights and making the 'cop ahead' and 'slow down' hand signals to the 20 or so bikes we saw coming down the hill. (well we knew what our wild hand movements meant ... other riders may have been a bit bemused) :spudwave: . Cop was gone when we came back about 3 hours later so hopefully he got bored with all the bikers not speeding and went home.

I wondered what you were doing.... was in a cage going to Akaroa for the same thing....mmmm... lots of bikes around. Thought you were trying to fly :rofl: I hope your seafood chowder was as nice as mine :not:

Brian d marge
24th October 2005, 03:44

That would be Alistar ( very nice guy ) you play fair with him and he will see you right !....the christchurch cop moved in and he ruffled the feathers of the locals ,,,I think he moved out ,,,never saw him ...Alistar on the other hand ,,saw plenty ,,,( note Alistar ,,sorry But I never di both WOF and REGO together in the one place at the one time ,,sorry but I did promise an all ...I just sort of ended up here before I dot me SHyte together )

He will only ping you for being Stupid ,,,,

Stephen

T.W.R
24th October 2005, 08:27
pretty sure alistar has been gone for years, he used to do the lincoln, taitapu, burnham link with 'nick' W.Nicholas. the one that ruffled feathers was A Dodds think he thought he was a modern day dirty harry

Brian d marge
24th October 2005, 14:02
pretty sure alistar has been gone for years, he used to do the lincoln, taitapu, burnham link with 'nick' W.Nicholas. the one that ruffled feathers was A Dodds think he thought he was a modern day dirty harry

Turn your back and the good ones go ...

its been about 5 years since i was there ,,,,,,,, and yet Nick does ring a bell

Stephen

T.W.R
24th October 2005, 15:05
yeah know nick well, he is retired now & was a good mate of my old man ( they worked together in the chch city council traffic dept during the late 60's early 70's) he's a salmonfishing addict ( just like me) so always latches on to me to find the fish.

campbellluke
24th October 2005, 15:22
If you live in Otago I reckon that public holidays are good if you like to speed on SH1. Because the police are busy dealing with pissheads at the central lakes.

Visited family and friends in CHCH for the weekend. Took my 250cc motorbike. Managed to chomp through over $22 of petrol from Oamaru to Ashburton. That's like 150km distance max. So I must have been doing ok pace. On the way back today, I saw my only cop of the weekend. Gave him a wave.

So what are you people talking about cops and ants for?

T.W.R
24th October 2005, 15:39
If you live in Otago I reckon that public holidays are good if you like to speed on SH1. Because the police are busy dealing with pissheads at the central lakes.

Visited family and friends in CHCH for the weekend. Took my 250cc motorbike. Managed to chomp through over $22 of petrol from Oamaru to Ashburton. That's like 150km distance max. So I must have been doing ok pace. On the way back today, I saw my only cop of the weekend. Gave him a wave.

So what are you people talking about cops and ants for?

geez dude thats thirsty! $22 for oamaru to ashvagas ( exactly 160km) for a 250 no matter how hard your pushin it. hope you spotted the camera at winchester around lunchtime?. Awesome day for a ride today though :niceone:

campbellluke
24th October 2005, 15:53
geez dude thats thirsty! $22 for oamaru to ashvagas ( exactly 160km) for a 250 no matter how hard your pushin it. hope you spotted the camera at winchester around lunchtime?. Awesome day for a ride today though :niceone:

Yeah, I saw a white box on the left hand side heading north. Think it was winchester. Slowed for it.

If you ever want a quick cash sale for your 89 ZXR750 I am interested. $3K+
I like that bike, noticeably quicker than riding a cbx750. Probably happy to keep my 250 till some time early next year though.

T.W.R
24th October 2005, 16:52
Yeah, I saw a white box on the left hand side heading north. Think it was winchester. Slowed for it.

If you ever want a quick cash sale for your 89 ZXR750 I am interested. $3K+
I like that bike, noticeably quicker than riding a cbx750. Probably happy to keep my 250 till some time early next year though.

mate a ZXR would & can cut a CBX to pieces any day of the week ( i've had a CBX also) admittedly though the CBX is a better touring mount. (check the pics)
I'll keep you in mind about ZXR but it might be a ways off though, she in the midst of a ground up rebuild at the moment.
P.S do you realise your fuel quote works out roughly to 10.5km/l thats shocking! I'd be getting a tune-up done aye ( even the ZXR doesn't drink that hard & i run it on avgas mostly)