PDA

View Full Version : Finally picked my baby up!

speights_bud
23rd October 2005, 18:22
Couldn't get out from home yesterday due to flooding so i finally got to pick up the New bike today, '87 Kwaka GPX250. Scoots along fairly well, loving the 6-speed box, but then again should i know that? It needs its warrant and rego all sorted out but other than that it should be sweet.

Had to put a new tank on it as the old one was full of holes and someone had tried to bog, glue and fibreglass it back togeather :argh: . But dad managed to find a new one in auckland that was swapped over Asap :done: . Just wondering if anyone knows it this is a design fault/generic problem with these bikes?

MSTRS
23rd October 2005, 18:27
Just wondering if anyone knows it this is a design fault/generic problem with these bikes?
Yep sure is. I believe that is the least troublesome part on this model as well. :devil2:

Bonez
23rd October 2005, 18:27
Probably just rust caused by condensation in the tank over the years.

inlinefour
23rd October 2005, 20:00
Yep sure is. I believe that is the least troublesome part on this model as well. :devil2:

One of my best mates is trying to get one back onto the road and you would not believe the hassles he is having :argh:

zadok
23rd October 2005, 20:21
Looks like a fun little bike you picked up there. :niceone:

speights_bud
24th October 2005, 08:44
I have all the papers from previous work on the bike aswell all all the original registration booklets.

So far work done on it is:

New fork seals/oil.
New speedo cable.
New Standard rings
New barrel, head, exhaust and cam cover gaskets
New Valve seals
New cam cap openings
Hone bores (when rings were put in)
Cut Valves and seats
Sandblasted head.

This was all the work done in the last 4,000 k's by previous owner.
and by the looks of it he spent a fair few $$ on it.
The exhaust cans have had rust in them and have been patched and the brake pads are extremely low, but not quite worn out.

DemonWolf
24th October 2005, 09:00
Congrats on getting your bike.. happy riding