PDA

View Full Version : Friendly bikers

nudemetalz
24th October 2005, 10:10
Hiya,

My wife and I took the VTR and NZ up to Shannon yesterday for a ride. It was a lovely day, not too much traffic and there were a lot of bikes on the road.
I must say, we got a lot of waves (as well as waving back of course).

I know there's countless threads about waving but it made us feel really good, being part of the biking fraternity.
That's what motorcycling is about, sharing the freedom that cage drivers will never know about.

I know this is a silly rant, but sometimes you just have to share.

Cheers
Chris

crazyxr250rider
24th October 2005, 10:14
Hiya,

My wife and I took the VTR and NZ up to Shannon yesterday for a ride. It was a lovely day, not too much traffic and there were a lot of bikes on the road.
I must say, we got a lot of waves (as well as waving back of course).

I know there's countless threads about waving but it made us feel really good, being part of the biking fraternity.
That's what motorcycling is about, sharing the freedom that cage drivers will never know about.

I know this is a silly rant, but sometimes you just have to share.

Cheers
Chris
:niceone: :niceone: mmm also watch for the universal biker nod..........

DMNTD
24th October 2005, 10:15

100% agreed

pyrocam
24th October 2005, 10:21
I love getting the nod or wave. really makes the trip more enjoyable.

hey wait its awesome outside. im off to find some bikers to wave at

Kornholio
24th October 2005, 10:21
100% agreed

I second that :spudwave:

Charlie
24th October 2005, 10:24

Lucky - its crappy in Wellington.... oh and I'm at work....! :crybaby:

nudemetalz
24th October 2005, 11:09
Oh and special thanks to the cruiser ride (possibly a Harley) who was going the other way and signalled that there was a cop ahead. There they were hidden in the grass verge just before the roundabout going into Mana !!

Beemer
24th October 2005, 11:20
Tut tut, you went to Shannon and didn't call in and say hi? We're about 15kms south of Shannon so you could have helped me with the gardening!

Apache
24th October 2005, 11:33
Hey we were round Levin Yesterday as well great day and yeah love the waves. TGL The Good Life

nudemetalz
24th October 2005, 11:52
Tut tut, you went to Shannon and didn't call in and say hi? We're about 15kms south of Shannon so you could have helped me with the gardening!

Oops, sorry, went to the brother-in-laws and helped build a sleepout all day so would have been too knackered to do gardening... :sweatdrop

We are planning on doing some rides up that way over Summer so, how 'bout we do drop in and say hi. I'll bring the Export Golds...

SlowHand
24th October 2005, 14:03
Yeah I love the waves, but SH16 on a sunny day almost requires a fake arm!
Got pretty comfortable riding one handed tho - it was kewl!

froggyfrenchman
24th October 2005, 14:13
Its just the best isnt it. i love bikes

pyrocam
24th October 2005, 19:00

well that was a fuckin stoopid idea. going for a ride on a nice day. sheesh. 40mins riding. 6 hours pulling engine apart.

2wheels in Red Beach
24th October 2005, 19:37
well that was a fuckin stoopid idea. going for a ride on a nice day. sheesh. 40mins riding. 6 hours pulling engine apart.
My curiosity is peeked.........Why pull the bike apart?

parsley
24th October 2005, 19:52
You probably ran into some Kryptonite.

raster
24th October 2005, 20:38
Great to see superman isn't dead.
Did the coramandel loop anticlockwise via Whanga on sunday with my bro who has just picked up a tricked out CBR1000RR, the old impulse was running like a sick dog when I left, and then eventually died on me, spent good part of 40 mins getting it going again, it just wanted a rest like it tends to do on the way home from work at times.
Got it going again and it started going really well, kept up with my bro most of the way, even left him behind at one point, must have been checking out the scenery.
Pulled up behind some bikes on the Kopu bridge, opened it up pulling away and "ping", no throttle @#$%#$#$#@$#, now what??
Pulled the throttle apart, tied the end of the cable around the grip, held onto the outer with my thumb while twisting the grip and trying to stop the grip from sliding off the end of the bar, my arm was almost numb by the time I got home.
Fantastic ride otherwise, heaps of bikes going the other way and tried to wave to most riders, can be rather difficult to wave at times for us Nubees, on to my 4th month now.

Great to see so many out.

Out of curiosity, why are you pulling your bike apart??

Noel

pyrocam
24th October 2005, 21:57
Great to see superman isn't dead.
Did the coramandel loop anticlockwise via Whanga on sunday with my bro who has just picked up a tricked out CBR1000RR, the old impulse was running like a sick dog when I left, and then eventually died on me, spent good part of 40 mins getting it going again, it just wanted a rest like it tends to do on the way home from work at times.
Got it going again and it started going really well, kept up with my bro most of the way, even left him behind at one point, must have been checking out the scenery.
Pulled up behind some bikes on the Kopu bridge, opened it up pulling away and "ping", no throttle @#$%#$#$#@$#, now what??
Pulled the throttle apart, tied the end of the cable around the grip, held onto the outer with my thumb while twisting the grip and trying to stop the grip from sliding off the end of the bar, my arm was almost numb by the time I got home.
Fantastic ride otherwise, heaps of bikes going the other way and tried to wave to most riders, can be rather difficult to wave at times for us Nubees, on to my 4th month now.

Great to see so many out.

Out of curiosity, why are you pulling your bike apart??

Noel

seized the fuck out of it. copper filings all through it. buying a new bike tomorow if I can

Ixion
24th October 2005, 22:37
Arrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhh. The poor little two smoker :cry: :cry:

Please tell me you didn't run the oil tank dry again.

pyrocam
25th October 2005, 06:52
Arrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhh. The poor little two smoker :cry: :cry:

Please tell me you didn't run the oil tank dry again.

nah goodness me no
full of petrol and oil.

just I was supermanning it up a passing lane. but to try keep up with buggy I put it into 4th. when I moved out of position I was in 12k (starts redlining at 9 finishes at 13)