PDA

View Full Version : Do you HATE riding you bike?

crazyxr250rider
24th October 2005, 11:10
Odd yes but I have slowly become to hate riding my bike dreading the endless
costs of tyres, petrol, oil and repairs with my low income (most know the reason of that) my bike know sits in my freinds shed with no petrol ,a missing wheel (sitting next to me right now)and ripped long rubber thing thats has the tail light on it(dont know what to call it).
I guess ill have to wait till next year when I get some more money.

Charlie
24th October 2005, 11:20
Odd yes but I have slowly become to hate riding my bike dreading the endless
costs of tyres, petrol, oil and repairs with my low income (most know the reason of that) my bike know sits in my freinds shed with no petrol ,a missing wheel (sitting next to me right now)and ripped long rubber thing thats has the tail light on it(dont know what to call it).
I guess ill have to wait till next year when I get some more money.
Hate is a stong word - you obviously love bikes and riding them - just not the costs it incurrs right now, am I right?
Have you thought about de-registering it until you can afford to get it going again.
Bikes are cheeper than cars (and more fun)! I have both and can vouch for that!
Maybe someone on here can help you out with some cheap parts???

onearmedbandit
24th October 2005, 11:24
Feel sorry for you, but nah I never hate riding my bike. Even in the pouring rain I've still got a smile on my dial. Don't let your financial situation dampen your enthusiasm for all things motorcycle.

crazyxr250rider
24th October 2005, 12:07
Hate is a stong word - you obviously love bikes and riding them - just not the costs it incurrs right now, am I right?
Have you thought about de-registering it until you can afford to get it going again.
right on! becase my account states I have now 13 cents theyed have to be giving them away. Any one got a job for a teen that can put milking cups on and cary fence posts?
BTW I meant I hate the enevitable damage that occurs when riding off road and i have no licensce (next year!)
edit; or I could paint WINJA's roof?

Bonez
24th October 2005, 12:41
edit; or I could paint WINJA's roof?He's only looking for bastards to do that job..............

zadok
24th October 2005, 12:51
You're 14 and don't have a lot of money (understandably). Don't despair. Chin up. :sunny:

James Deuce
24th October 2005, 12:51
right on! becase my account states I have now 13 cents theyed have to be giving them away. Any one got a job for a teen that can put milking cups on and cary fence posts?

Yes, but you'd have to move to the Wairarapa.

SlowHand
24th October 2005, 13:40

You don't hate the bike, you hate what the bike is doing. :devil2: sorry, cracked me up.

Man if your 14, like zadok said, chin up, you will get richer soon, and spend more, think that your poor, so work for more, spend more. :argh: never ending cycle....

Colapop
24th October 2005, 14:02
Man, you're rich! And you don't even know it! Sure, get a job (Just Over Broke), a missus (sorry, regular excuse to spend your money), a mortgage (give the bank money for a house you don't own), hell have a couple of kids - I garuntee any money that you might have earned will be gone 3 weeks before you actually get it.
The bike isn't the problem, it's just something to vent at. Stay biking it'll give you more freedom in the long run and will be cheaper than a car.

Magua
24th October 2005, 18:06
I wouldn't say I hate my bike, it just gets very frustrating.........very.

Anyway I think I've got a buyer for my bike come January. :D

WINJA
24th October 2005, 18:14
GET TYRES OFF THE RUBBISH PILE AND PUT THEM ON BACKWARDS,IVE DONE THIS B4

Motu
24th October 2005, 19:03
I'm with WINJA,you can keep a bike going on nothing - that's the whole point of owning a bike isn't it? Scrounge around,use parts off another bike,whatever....use your imagination.

WINJA
24th October 2005, 19:07
BTW I meant I hate the enevitable damage that occurs when riding off road and i have no licensce (next year!)
edit; or I could paint WINJA's roof?
I NEED A PRANK MONKEY :dodge:

HYPE
24th October 2005, 19:12
no matter the finances bikes will always pi$$ u off at some point or another.. even when u can 'afford' to maintain & fix its still time off the road and that equals despair! :(

my road first bike.. around your age.. lets just say im lucky to still be around but i made do and learnt how to fix it...

as for rubber... i run two stunt bikes.. and if you think im buyin NEW hoops each time ya crazy! I now get 2nd hand tyre from the repairer and theyre more than happy for me top take a dozen away for them (they have to pay a gov tax/fee to discard them - in Syd Aus anyway) some of them i wouldnt hesitate to run on my road bike....

Where there is a will there is a way.. like the boys said matey -> Chin-Up

times will change you or you will change the times

crazyxr250rider
24th October 2005, 19:59
thanks guys. wish i coud get this blasted tyre off grrrrrrr........

Drum
24th October 2005, 20:04
You dont know how good youve got it mate. When I was 14 I had a bloody Raleigh 20!

The_Dover
24th October 2005, 20:05
I'm with WINJA,you can keep a bike going on nothing - that's the whole point of owning a bike isn't it? Scrounge around,use parts off another bike,whatever....use your imagination.

What are you? The site Maoris? :whistle:

myvice
24th October 2005, 20:10
I was lucky, I had a job as a milk boy.
Fuck I feel old.

crazyxr250rider
24th October 2005, 20:11
You dont know how good youve got it mate. When I was 14 I had a bloody Raleigh 20!
no ive got it bad (In this day and age anyway) my two twin freinds have got a CRF250X EACH! as a ''treat'' one day but yes i am lucky to have a bike at all

WINJA
24th October 2005, 20:24
What are you? The site Maoris? :whistle:
HE MIGHT BE MAORI , IM PART FIJIAN, AND IM A SCRONGER , I GET MISTINTS FROM BUNNINGS , OLD ROOFING IRON FROM WORK , AND TODAY I TURNED A HUGE STOLEN REALESTATE SIGN MADE OF STEEL INTO AN AWNING.
ITS NOT ALL BAD WHEN I HAD MY ZX9 I SCRONGED SOME TYRES FROM A GUY WHO HAD A GSXR1000 K1 ,THEY ONLY HAD THE MIDDLES WORN , PUT EM ON MY BIKE AND PROMPTLY KICKED HIS ARSE ALL ROUND RIVERHEAD RD TO PUHOI PUB

The_Dover
24th October 2005, 20:28
God bless ya Winja.