PDA

View Full Version : Labour Day 2005 - Where did you ride?

Zed
24th October 2005, 15:39
Saw heaps of bikes on the roads today, any *real* biker would have been out there enjoying the mostly fabulous weather, right? So tell us about your ride today!

I pillioned my wife Gaynor on the back of my Bird for an enjoyable 350km, 5 hour excursion on some of my favourite roads north of Auckland. At 11am we headed over to Murawai Beach, then up SH16 thru Helensville (stopped to see friends but they weren't home), continuing up 16 to Wellsford followed 'at some distance' by an R1 & a black Ducati (600?). We promptly gased up and jumped on to SH1 (God forbid) for a short stint down to Warkworth, then hooked a left out to Leigh for a much deserved lunchbreak.

After lunch we headed back down 1 but turned around at Puhoi when I realised that the holiday traffic was fully congested and at a standstill.:argh:

So we headed back north and turned off at Warkworth Industrial Estate and on to Woodcocks Rd/West Coast Rd (great sealed roads!) all the way through to SH16 again where we joined more returning holiday traffic, at this point we got caught in a heavy downpour for about 10mins but we dried off soon enough. Once we got past Kaukopakopa and on to Peak Rd it was plain sailing home.

This was the 2nd time I've taken Gaynor on the bike and we both loved it, the Blackbird performed wonderfully! She even commented on how much she liked the acceleration and high speed every time I passed cars - which was most of the day!! :headbang:

zadok
24th October 2005, 15:54
You guys got a holiday today? Sounds like a bit of fun there Matthew. I'm looking forward to taking the wife on the bike again. Just got to get over this pneumonia.

Marmoot
24th October 2005, 15:55
Labour Day 2005 - Where did you ride?

22.....mmmmiiinttt......(( :mellow: ))

onearmedbandit
24th October 2005, 15:58
[Saturday] To work, home again. Quick ride into town, home again.
[Sunday] To work, home again. Friends over so no after hours ride.
[Monday] To work, home again (shortly). See if the wife is back from her adventure holiday, if not off for a blat around the hills.

Zed
24th October 2005, 16:04
22.....mmmmiiinttt......(( :mellow: ))Were you the Lone Rider? :bleh:

Zed
24th October 2005, 16:06
Just got to get over this pneumonia.Gell well soon Marty! :doctor:

_Gina_
24th October 2005, 16:10
Have kids, so stifarms and I took turns running down 22. I went down to Ngaruawhahia and back again yesterday....trying to keep a nice consistent newbie speed (70km - 80km average) was really good fun, I seem to enjoy the run back much better. There was some patchy loose metal which I knew about thanks to stifarms having run through there on Saturday : ) but I was very impressed by the group of about 6 bikes which were heading back and had pulled over, they waved me down to let me know it was there. :niceone:

We took the kids down to Waingaro Hot Springs today - via 22 of course :devil2:
stifarms rode down and I rode back, he has shot off now to have another run bastard! I was just getting into the swing of things quite well....pretty sure I uped the average speed to 80km - 90km!

Heaps and heaps of bikes out though, stopped on Sunday just out of Waingaro at the Metal Dump, had a chit chat with a lady on a Suzi cruiser who was waiting for some friends, she and her hubby had ridden together, and I gather when he passed away she stopped riding, but is back on the road now! Was pleasing to hear.

But that's my weekend in a nutshell!!

Riff Raff
24th October 2005, 16:12
Bah humbug and all that. Was supposed to go riding with a few mates today. Wasn't feeling too well yesterday. Spent all day today in bed (alone). Feel like crap.

_Gina_
24th October 2005, 16:12
Were you the Lone Rider? :bleh:

Haha

I too was Nigel No Friends! It's kinda funny riding alone, good in someways but you can't help feeling like Nigel all the same...:whistle:

Keystone19
24th October 2005, 16:22
Managed to convince some nice young man to keep an eye on my wee one this afternoon for a couple of hours and farmed the older one out to a friend so snuck out and headed up 16 to Wellsford with Nhuan. Fantastic ride up. Saw that R1 and Ducati at the Caltex in Wellsford, had a bit of a snack and then headed home. Had a bit of fun with the traffic on the way back (gotta love the extra power of the 650) and then we hit the rain. Not just a few light showers, but heavy persistent rain for about 50km.

Good ride all in all though, shame about the rain at the end.

mattt
24th October 2005, 16:24
Rode to training course, sat exam , studied, rode home. Got paid a shitload for it :niceone:

It was beautiful - monday morning, riding town to plane-station, not a fricken cage in sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HDTboy
24th October 2005, 16:29
Saturday: Whangarei, Wellsford, SH16, buggered round in Auckland for a few hours, SH22 (saw a blue VTR1000), Hamilton, then the main roads home

Sunday: Drank

Monday: Went to look at a new bike in Taupo (not buying it)

NhuanH
24th October 2005, 16:30
N waz here:

NhuanH
24th October 2005, 16:32
and here: [blinkin 10 characters!]

Zed
24th October 2005, 16:33
...headed up 16 to Wellsford with Nhuan. Fantastic ride up. Saw that R1 and Ducati at the Caltex in Wellsford, had a bit of a snack and then headed home. Had a bit of fun with the traffic on the way back (gotta love the extra power of the 650) and then we hit the rain. Not just a few light showers, but heavy persistent rain for about 50km.Well I saw a bronze coloured bike like yours parked at the Kaipara Harbour lookout on SH16 about 10 mins before Wellsford, but there was a big burly bloke standing next to it so I figured it wasn't you! :pinch:

You think the extra power of the 650 is lovely, just wait till you own a 1000cc+ bike! One thang at a time...

Btw, rain builds riding character! :wari:

NhuanH
24th October 2005, 16:34
and lastly here: Bit of a game of Where's Wally eh?

Zed
24th October 2005, 16:39
and here: [blinkin 10 characters!]Paco, Dave, Marmoot, and I guess you are taking the pic! Waz that yesterday? Good to see such a great line up of bikes, two brand new ones too!! :not: :not:

HDTboy
24th October 2005, 16:43
and then we hit the rain. Not just a few light showers, but heavy persistent rain for about 50km.

Good ride all in all though, shame about the rain at the end.
it's only 49Ks from wellsford to cowcop

crashe
24th October 2005, 16:43
2005 Labour weekend rides

Saturday: Left AK 9am to head down to Hamilton on SH1 to see a mate and I also got to met StrayJuliet and Wolf, awesome couple with two great little cubs.
Came back up the same way late afternoon/evening.
I did spot Waylander heading north when I was going down to Hamilton... Man does he wave or what :rofl:
291kms

Sunday: Left Ak at 9am to head down SH1 to Pokeno, onto SH2 to the turnoff onto H27 to Matamata, over the Kaimais and to visit a good friend and her partner. They both ride bikes, but she is preggers, so she is off the bike for a wee while.
I came back up to Auckland the same way.
It was the first time to Matamata and over the Kaimais.
Spotted a few riders at the top of the Kaimais.

Heading down SH2, I clicked onto the back of 3 riders - 1 Harley and 2 sportsbikes, they turned off to Tauranga. We waved goodbye...

Got back to Auckland in the evening - Awesome ride.
421kms

Monday: At about 11am I headed up 16 to the roundabout turnoff and turned left to head up to South Head. First time ride to South Head.
Went right up to where the gravel road starts. A tad rough road, but there is one awesome view thou. 1 km back from the gravel road right on the bend... Now that is a million dollar view. Rode throu Helensville to almost Kaukopakopa, turned right and headed over to Orewa... Caught up with a mate for a bite to eat and a drink. Then back down past Diary Flat, throu Albany, along Greenheithe and home.... (no rain)
190kms

Total 902kms

Spotted lots of riders out there and waved to them all.
:spudwave: :spudwave: :spudwave:
Most waved back or a quick nod, which is great.

NhuanH
24th October 2005, 16:45
Paco, Dave, Marmoot, and I guess you are taking the pic! Waz that yesterday? Good to see such a great line up of bikes, two brand new ones too!! :not: :not:
Nope, both Ngaruawahia and Wellsford were today! I thought, what the hey, it's my bday, I'll do what I wanna...

You need to see that R1 up close Matt. It is bad-ass! :woohoo:

froggyfrenchman
24th October 2005, 16:46
Went for a pub crawl ride round the Bay. Very scenic and enjoyable. Then came home and let some of the youngins in the family have a blast on the pocket bike, i fell on my ass wheelstanding it. Those things have no point of ballence! :killingme

Phurrball
24th October 2005, 16:46
Mrs P and I took our respecctive steeds down to Maraetai late yesterday.

Traffic was arse along Tamaki drive, and there were a few unplanned detours along the way - but that added to the experience. (Map was shite, route ill-planned, navigation incompetent by both parties.)

But once beyond city limits :love: bliss...

Saw a big bunch of bikes heading back towards town just before we got there.

Mrs P's first biggish ride on her FXR - she had a ball (And laughed at how greedy the Bandit was when we filled up.)

'Twas quite a day for it yesterday. :ride:

_Gina_
24th October 2005, 16:51
[QUOTE=HDTboy]Saturday: SH22 (saw a blue VTR1000)
QUOTE]

T'was stifarms I would expect!!

skidz
24th October 2005, 16:53
:crybaby: Had to take the cage to Cambridge and totally bummed me out every time I saw a bike, whether it was on the road or not. :argh:

Oh well, back now, so must go for a ride now it's turned to black clouds. :niceone:

HDTboy
24th October 2005, 16:55
Thought it probably was

Zed
24th October 2005, 16:57
Total 902kms

Most waved back or a quick nod, which is great.Yeah I got the same response from all bikes I waved or nodded to, still struggled trying not to feel like a right dork when I got ignored! :blink:

I only clocked up around 700kms these past 3 days. Sat arvo rode with Swanman for a blast out to Maretai/Helensville/Kaukop/Home. Saw Mr Avignon at Maretai who rode back to 16 with us. Yesterday turned up to Drunken Monkeys northland tour up 16, I had to return early so turned back home after we went thru that blasted checkpoint at Kaukop.

Work tomorrow, yeah! NOT

Blackbird
24th October 2005, 16:58
Hi Matthew

Coromandel first thing Saturday morning. Rained all the way from Tokoroa and blew a gale so had to be careful. Painted all weekend and headed beck at lunchtime today. Millions of dickhead tintops on the Thames Coast Road and it was hard going. Detector went nuts just south of Thames on laser band but didn't see the source. Ummm..... I was well over the limit and I hope they didn't get my plate, wherever they were.

Traffic thinned out after that and it was an excellent ride round the backroads right to Tirau where SH 1 was really clogged, with cops everywhere. Still, just nice to be out eh?

Safe riding.

Geoff

Grizz
24th October 2005, 16:59
Me and a mate who was on a beeootifull blue Blackbird, headed up to the lookout via Old Nth road, Peak Road etc, had an excellent blat, blew some cobwebs out and got back safe and sound. :niceone:

Grizz
24th October 2005, 17:01
Most waved back or a quick nod, which is great.

Yeah same for me, lots of waves and nods.

Zed
24th October 2005, 17:10
...a beeootifull blue Blackbird...Now listen here! The correct name is *Bluebird*. All true Blackbird owners know this fact! :woohoo:

Saw at least 2 of em on my travels today, you guys could have been one?

GR81
24th October 2005, 17:16
a ride today would have been wonderful except for the fact i had to play cricket.
thanks to the mangere cricket team for not turning up today and wasting half my day! :argh:

Grizz
24th October 2005, 17:19
Now listen here! The correct name is *Bluebird*. All true Blackbird owners know this fact! :woohoo:

Crikey now I am confused :confused: But damn Zed, they sure are a nice bike. :headbang:

Saw at least 2 of em on my travels today, you guys could have been one:

Could be, we got to the lookout at about 12.00 ish, we left not long after the guy who rocked up on the bronze SV1000?

BTW I didn't pay attention when I was there (sif i ever do), what is the name of the lookout?

Zed
24th October 2005, 17:27
BTW I didn't pay attention when I was there (sif i ever do), what is the name of the lookout?I call it the Kaipara Harbour lookout, but it might have a more official name? As well as that SV up there, did you see the red (fastest colour!) Hayabusa with 2-up?

Grizz
24th October 2005, 17:47
As well as that SV up there, did you see the red (fastest colour!) Hayabusa with 2-up?

No, that must have rode in after we left.

phantom
24th October 2005, 17:57
saturday afternoon went for a bit of a ride through the back of Feilding, through Kimbolton and out at Mangaweka, cup of tea and a pie at Hunterville and back home for my share of a nice bottle of red. Fantastic scenery and twisties just before Mangaweka with corners that meant an unimpeded descent of I guess a hundred meteres to the valley below. Only a couple of hundred k's but as I mentioned there was a bottle of red ( and company - kids away for the weekend ) waiting :whistle:

Magua
24th October 2005, 18:00
I went to karekare west auckland. Damn single lane road was scary when you can't see what's around the bend. :mellow:

I saw a group of riders filling up at Westgate shell around 11am, anyone here?
I was on the clapped out fzr.

Leong
24th October 2005, 18:37
Yeah I got the same response from all bikes I waved or nodded to, still struggled trying not to feel like a right dork when I got ignored! :blink:

Glad to know I'm not the only one that feels like a dork when I get ignored.

Alan and I did the Clevedon-Kaiaua-SH2-Hunua Gorge-Clevedon loop today. Saw lots of bikes, and most waved/nodded. We're travelling fast enough to catch traffic now, but not game to pass traffic (even travelling at 80k) so there were a few holdups. Had Fish n chips at Kaiaua - only one other bike there. Riding naked VTR 250s it was great that there was little wind today!! Got home about 1.30pm and took my little girl to learn to ride her pushbike(without training wheels).

Went out on my bike again around 4pm to explore Monument Road (Clevedon-Hunua) which I hadn't been on before. Had great fun on the twisties and saw more bikes than cars on this road so I guess it's quite a favourite. Practiced a couple of U turns so I could do the twisties again!! Made a bad decision to come home via Maraetai... Traffic jam!!
Still... least we didn't get rain out east...

Done 2334km in the four weeks I've been riding....

El Dopa
24th October 2005, 18:41
Upper harbour highway to old north road, to break 'the curse' that's blown up the last two engines on the VTZ on that stretch of road. Had an excellent ride.

Turned around at Kaukapakapa, got lost, ended up in Helensville. Had a sticky moment after filling up with petrol when I thought the bike wouldn't re-start (fnunking fuel tap, your days are numbered). Went home via 16 in convoy with all the holiday traffic. Very dull.

Got home OK, so the curse must be broken.

Grizz
24th October 2005, 18:42
Done 2334km in the four weeks I've been riding....

Crikey - At my rate I will be lucky to that in 6mths! :crybaby:

stify
24th October 2005, 18:57
i'm feeling a bit like a yoyo, up and down 22( or parts of it ) 4 trips in total
this weekend, (twice today) mint weather, mint road, just plain mint

Hammer
24th October 2005, 19:03
I call it the Kaipara Harbour lookout, but it might have a more official name? As well as that SV up there, did you see the red (fastest colour!) Hayabusa with 2-up?

The lookout is Cleasby Hill. Saw a busa just after Mr Nak1d and I left the lookout and were heading south. Nice looking bike. :buggerd:

SPman
24th October 2005, 19:31
A late start yesterday - meandered out Riverhead rd, Peak Rd 16 to wellsford. Refuelled and thought - sod it - was going to Puhoi but returned back down 16 to Kaukap - met Death, Draco, DM, etc at the gargre, then Kahikatea flat rd/ wainui rd to Silverdale then up to Puhoi! Back down East Coast Rd to the bays.....great
Today - hooked up with Juzzer, Dover, Qkchk and Custard (eventually) to South head and back to Albany - F**kin rain!!! Oh well.....put in some more serious miles, so alls good. :drinkup:

chickenfunkstar
24th October 2005, 19:40
Was around Wellsford for most of time doing some work for transit, monitoring traffic queues. Saw heaps of bikes about whille sitting on the side of the road. I get a certain amount of $$ per km of riding and it just so happens that SH16 is on my way to work. Bet not many people can say that they got paid about $70 for riding up SH16 and back. Pretty cool I thought :ride:

Gazzar
24th October 2005, 19:44
pulled out the lawnmower on sat and it blewup so :angry: had to buy another one
so had now money left for gas for the bike for the weekend :mad: :beer: :drinkup:

Marmoot
24th October 2005, 20:26
Nope, both Ngaruawahia and Wellsford were today! I thought, what the hey, it's my bday, I'll do what I wanna...

You need to see that R1 up close Matt. It is bad-ass! :woohoo:

yyeaa ttoodday....

bbloooddyyy vvtttwinn ggiveees vvvvibbraaaaaaatttiiiionnn....... (( :mellow: ))

2wheels in Red Beach
24th October 2005, 20:33
I got out for 20mins today, just went round the block just to have a quick blat. Next sunday on a longer blat :banana:

Kornholio
24th October 2005, 20:36
The only thing I rode today was the tractor round and round paddocks all day...thank god I squeezed in over 600 ks of tight and twisty Coromandel goodness on Sat and Sunday :D

Magua
24th October 2005, 20:42
The ride to Karekare was great fun.
One of my friends thought he'd fit his Levin in this gap, I was meant to be guiding him. :D Didn't work out all to well, that's me on the left with the aviators.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/Maguanz/P1000621_1.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/Maguanz/DSC01690_1.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/Maguanz/DSC01692_1.jpg

Hailwood
24th October 2005, 20:46
Saturday wellington to Martinborough in the rain..yuck, rimutakas damn slippery...sunday fantastic fine day in Martinborough...rode to Gladstone, up and down Watertower Rd, stopped at Gladstone Pub, good chat with a guy on a Buell..cheers mate....into Carterton for a feed at Wild Oats and used their helmet visor cleaning station (nice touch)..back to Martinborough via Ponatahi..nice empty roads and then down to Lake Ferry before heading back to Wellie...all up about 400kms of great riding.........good to see most bikers waving or nodding...still a few who dont......never mind...

Keystone19
24th October 2005, 20:52
it's only 49Ks from wellsford to cowcop

Exactly...it rained the whole frigging way...

Went up to Pahia for the weekend... rode back today about lunchtime.

Cut through some traffic both into Wellsford, and then some more into Orewa on the way back down SH1. If anyone noticed a guy on a green ZXR having a smoke while laughing at all the cars he'd overtaken finally catching up... that was me...

The trouble with travelling with someone in a cage is that you have to stop every 15mins to let them catch up... :)

Zed
24th October 2005, 21:24
The trouble with travelling with someone in a cage is that you have to stop every 15mins to let them catch up... :)You just broke one of the golden rulez of biking - NEVER convoy with cages! Always decide on the destination first and then meet them there...tell them you'll put the jug on so the 2nd cup's ready when they arrive! :kick:

Sparky
24th October 2005, 21:26
Jaybe and I went for a quick ride this morning, left Papakura to Ramarama, Ararimu,Hunua,Clevedon,Maraetai,Whitford and back home. Lots of bikes out(friendly ones) :niceone: and great weather, judging by the amount of people on the beach:
SUMMER IS HERE!!!
I can't wait for my full licence so I can take the 700 out for a run :niceone:

You just broke one of the golden rulez of biking - NEVER convoy with cages! Always decide on the destination first and then meet them there...tell them you'll put the jug on so the 2nd cup's ready when they arrive! :kick:

Tell me about it... what with the traffic and the weather... I could've got back to Auckland, caught a movie, and still made it home before they got here :whistle:

Warr
24th October 2005, 21:46
Two great days of riding.
Sunday afternoon, back road down to Otorohanga for lunch with 4 other bikes back on SH2 to Kihikihi and over to Arapuni, left up river road to Horohora, BoatShed cafe for a bit and then accross Karapiro dam and over to Ohaupo and back to Hamilton. Great ride, kept to backroad mostly for various reasons!!
Highlight - Mrs warr (Clare) says she now likes to be pillioned on the back of the VFR, great. :)
Lowpoint - Regulator on VFR is stuffed :(

Monday, Teflon and myself took a lunchtime ride down to Kawhia, lovely trip and a great day.
Saw TLDV8 on his yellow VTR while we were lunching. Tried to get his attention but he wasnt looking our way :(

TerminalAddict
24th October 2005, 21:48
yesterday around the block (whatawhata-->pirongia-->ngahinapori(sp?)-->whatawhata (60kms) just a warm up

Today down to Te Awamutu, across to Cambridge, Rotorua, back to hamilton.

Got a big "thumbs up" from a dude on a VW trike, and got passed by a monster red sprotsbike on the way home between cambridge and hams, tried (very briefly) to stick with him hopping tru traffic, but chickened out, and dropped back to 120 :) (300kms)

started today at 80kms/hr, holding up traffic, finished today at 120kms/hr passing traffic .. .fantastic day, and learnt heaps ;)

Motu
24th October 2005, 21:49
Went for a fang around the block. (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=387223#post387223)

SuperDave
24th October 2005, 21:53
Didn't go out today but I did go for a nice long 200kms or so ride yesterday.
Went through Coatsville/Riverhead through Kaukapakapa to Wellsford and then back the same way. Great riding getting the feel of the new bike and seeing what it can do. Best part of the ride was seeing lots of bikes out and only one HP cop driving in the other direction when I was parked up at the scenic lookout.

Had some fun with a guy on a black ZX-10r but I think he got bored and passed me on one of the straighter sections. Didn't see him again after that.

Wish I could have gone out again today <_<

Uncle B
25th October 2005, 20:40
Myself, Badlieutenant, Dafe, Darkman, two mates Steve & Shayne gathered at caltex Rimutaka 9am and set off over the Rimutaka hill. A little bit damp as it had just been raining up there so a quiet cautious ride over the hill was in order.
Travelled on to Masterton for a gas up & munchies then proceeded at good pace on a nice twisty back road to Alfredton that kept you on your toes but fun was had by the boys.
Pongaroa, our next destination, was a well earned break as the 10-15km leading up to it is still under repair from the last major storms to hit the area. I guess these things take time cause it's been something like a year and a half on the go.
Rested up we headed off towards Pahiatua, met up with the main highway, not before we got a good solid dowsing by mother nature, turned north and cruised on up to Woodville for more gas and lunch.
Finding somewhere to eat proved a task. The place I had in mind was closed. A cafe/pub type place not far from it looked good from the outside but inside the Deliverence theme was alive and well. So we headed off to a place we saw on the way in which turned out to be not too bad & the food filled the spot.
Time was getting on so Darkman & Steve decided to turn for home. The rest of us carried on through the Manawatu Gorge and started to head south for the Pahiatua track. Once over Dafe and I (see pic of the twins) picked up the pace and were covering ground at an impressive rate until we noticed the others were nowhere to be seen. Stopped and waited for a while...nothing...turn around to find them....found sitting by the side of the road with Shayne's bike (TL) had decided to spit the front brake lever while doing 120kmh. We did our best to find it but the phrase "needle in a haystack" rang true.
Dafe and Shayne decided to head down SH1 and nurse the brakeless TL home while Badlieutenant and I continued setting a blistering pace all the way to Carterton for well earned coffee and wedges.
After we'd eaten and were entertained by a local who spun a load of bollocks about how hard a rider he is and that leathers are only for the fancy boys.....we'll see old man when you fall off at what did you say 240kmh wearing only jeans.....fuckhead.
Over the Taka's which was now wet and chilly, stopped at the caltex for a quick 'smoko' and on home 7pm.
A good day had my all I'm sure. Shame about the brake lever and great that no one binned it.
Cheers guys.

James Deuce
25th October 2005, 20:47
Is that where you got to VTWIN??

You missed out on me using some of the "local knowledge" you lent about a certain corner at the end of a certain straight.

We (Velox, crazylittleshit, spada, vasaline (sic) warrior, and a couple of other blokes (a father & son team) whose names evaporated somewhere at high speed) did the Fush to Masterton via the water tower road run.

My rear tyre is starting to look sad. 3300kms. Bit of a record for me.

Uncle B
25th October 2005, 21:13
Is that where you got to VTWIN??

Sorry Jim

Decided to try some different roads for a change, plus dumbarse had his phone sitting at home :doh:

Father and son team......Et al (Hornet 900/Ducati 916) and Gunner (Sv 650) perhapse.

Sounds like you guys had a good day as well. :niceone:

Zed
25th October 2005, 21:14
Once over Dafe and I (see pic of the twins) picked up the pace and were covering ground at an impressive rate...Good pics & writeup VTWIN, tks! I like the pic of the twins, but was that a nice Bluebird I saw there too! :not:

Uncle B
25th October 2005, 21:16
Good pics & writeup VTWIN, tks! I like the pic of the twins, but was that a nice Bluebird I saw there too! :not:

Yup. That's Darkmans baby, nice too

skelstar
25th October 2005, 21:46
Yeah I sat on the couch. Should have come with you guys but Im sure I would have played the 'chase the blue dots' game :). Next time.

Wonko
26th October 2005, 17:28
Saturday - Down to Tauranga for a mates party, nice blasting past cars stuck in traffic. Down thourgh Paeroa and the K gourge, and along Old Tauranga Road.

Sunday midday - Up and down an express way giving people nice safe pillion rides. Then back up to Auckland the way I'd coem down.

Monday - Out to Piha for a swim in the afternoon.

All up just under 600kms of ridding

dhunt
26th October 2005, 18:41
Didn't have time to do too much riding, stupid study :brick:
But did manage to go for a bit of a ride with a mate out past marton and a long santoft road back to bulls which is a really nice windy road for a quick blast. :niceone:

ducatilover
27th October 2005, 08:26
i went down to welly wood and rode the whole day with me mate, we did bout 500km, swapping between bikes, he had a low speed crash on his gsx250 but no damage done. we swapped between bikes but anything my mates have no longer satisfies me. we did the wainui coast road, moores valley rd, then went to see another mate in karori, went to makra [spelling?] twice just for fun then headed out to j-ville through the back roads near makra, then rode around random roads back to karori then back to wainui then i went back to karori to stay the night :mellow:

i hate my gn now. on the saturday i rode my soon-to-be-mine Honda bros650 and now the gn is a pathetic excuse for a bike :crybaby:
buy my gn $1900 :niceone:

skelstar
27th October 2005, 08:34
i hate my gn now. on the saturday i rode my soon-to-be-mine Honda bros650 and now the gn is a pathetic excuse for a bike :crybaby:
buy my gn $1900 :niceone:
Dude I hope you dont work in marketing. Im not saying youre wrong though. :)

skelstar
27th October 2005, 08:45
Sunday morning there was an arrangement to meet MoFunThanMost and Poorbastard at Shell Mana for a ride to Manfield to watch the big boys ride round and round. Somehow we all managed to find a different service station to meet at and sat there for a while waiting for the respective riders to turn up. Despite being at the right station, I had the miss fortune of not having a Wild Bean cafe at mine :). Nevermind.

We had a nice pootle up the coast. Not much traffic. Met up with another KBer (blue Firestorm) at Foxton (The 'Fox Town of NZ') and continued on. Fantastic view of Mt Ruapehu covered in snow on the Himitangi straights (highlight).

Once we got to the track, watched a few rounds of each class we decided to head home. Kicked tires for a bit (admiring PBs new/used ZXR250 :niceone:) and I headed back the way I came and MFTM and PB went the long way home.

Had a bit of fun with the traffic but ended up in a queue from McKays crossing onwards (bloody 80km/h limits and double yellow lines). Cant afford to get pulled over (no L-Plate) so had to behave. Ho-hum.

Anyway, good day out, beautiful weather, got home early-ish, good company and conversation. Thanks guys.

ManDownUnder
27th October 2005, 08:57
Labour day my little girl turned 3. A quiet day around the house painting and relaxing. Quite nice but not much riding involved...

Zed - sounds like you had a good one! ONYA!:niceone:

Pop around to my place some time - see if you and your wife can talk my wife into riding on my bike too... that'd make it the 3rd time for her...
MDU