PDA

View Full Version : New gurl on the block

Unit
25th October 2005, 11:03
Hi gurls, Im new around here so thought I would intro myself to the gurls section. Looking forward to meeting with other girls, weather you are pillion or rider just nice to chat with girls who enjoy biking. Ive been riding off and on now for 19 years, rode with some girls the other day and had a great time. We let the boys come along too. Used to belong to WIMA years ago, (showing my age a little here, yes, I have issues). Not long back on bikes (last partner hated them so that was that, note he's now an ex), and starting to get back in the groove again. Learning the Duke everyday as never had one before but always wanted one, so glad I didnt buy the Triumph instead but would have been my second choice. :)

Beemer
25th October 2005, 11:06
Welcome, very nice bike! I probably won't meet up with you on any rides as I'm from the bottom half of the island, but if you're ever down this way, give us a shout!

Unit
25th October 2005, 11:13
I'm from the bottom half of the island, but if you're ever down this way, give us a shout!
Did most my biking in the SI years ago, learned to ride through Arthurs Pass, yep, its true, but came back home to Northland. Hoping to plan a ride back to SI next year finances permitting so will let you know if ever coming your way, you never know. Always welcome here for a cuppa, rest, and chat. :spudwave:

Beemer
25th October 2005, 11:15
Did most my biking in the SI years ago, learned to ride through Arthurs Pass, yep, its true, but came back home to Northland. Hoping to plan a ride back to SI next year finances permitting so will let you know if ever coming your way, you never know. Always welcome here for a cuppa, rest, and chat. :spudwave:

Wish I was from the bottom half of the South Island, but alas no, it's the North Island! About 100kms north of Wellington, but within reach of the magic land!

Unit
25th October 2005, 11:20
within reach of the magic land!
Definately the place for biking. Gotten used to the traffic here, but more like forgotten what its like down there with so few tintops to contend with. Cant wait to get TL Rider (my partner) onto the land of biking heaven, we may never come home, always a risk

Quartida
25th October 2005, 16:11
I'm new too...just a pillion as yet but hoping to get my own bike soon. My mister got me into it and I never thought I'd enjoy it so much.
Would love to go for a ride round the SI...but don't know if I could cope long-distance as a pillion.

Own bike here I come...!

crashe
25th October 2005, 16:19
Duc-gurl and also Quartida - welcome to the girls section of KB.
:spudwave: :spudwave: :spudwave:

Duc-gurl - Do you ever get down to Auckland at all?
Or when the KBers do a ride up to Wellsford for lunch you could ride down to meet up.

There are heaps of women riders now on KB and Quartida there are also a few pillions now popping up.

Quartida - I am sure one of the lads would give you a ride on the back of their bike. Do you like Sportsbike or cruiser style bikes?

Motohaus
25th October 2005, 16:38
welcome to the site gtood riding
hey crash if i have a girls name does that mean i can come and play with the girls

crashe
25th October 2005, 16:43
welcome to the site gtood riding
hey crash if i have a girls name does that mean i can come and play with the girls

Awwwwwww mate since its you..... you can always play with the other girls... cos you are so loveable.... Not sure if your lovely wife might aprove thou....

:rofl: :rofl:

You know I am still waiting for you to make me that cuppa.
I have been waiting a long time...
Suppose I will have to make my own.... and hunt around for the choccie bikkies...

Quartida
25th October 2005, 20:05
Quartida - I am sure one of the lads would give you a ride on the back of their bike. Do you like Sportsbike or cruiser style bikes?

Actually crashe, I've got one... guess who? :whistle:

crashe
25th October 2005, 20:30
Actually crashe, I've got one... guess who? :whistle:

tis cool being a pillion on the right bike aye...! :psst:
I have been pillioned a few times... but prefer to ride my own cruiser
you know what I mean.... and I prefer a cruiser over a sportbike...
:spudwave: :spudwave: :spudwave:

Unit
26th October 2005, 06:38
I'm new too...just a pillion as yet but hoping to get my own bike soon. My mister got me into it and I never thought I'd enjoy it so much.
don't know if I could cope long-distance as a pillion.

Own bike here I come...!
Ive done long-distance as a pillion, its like anything, you get conditioned to it. The great thing about being a pillion is you get to really enjoy the scenery. Progressing onto your own bike is exciting, your mister will most likely take it on as his new pet biking project. When I first got my Norton I was made to push it around the yard, driveway and up the street for 3 days before I was allowed to ride it, just to get used to the dead weight, and where all the controls were. Learning to corner correctly was the most difficult to translate, sometimes I simply forgot to lean, take it quietly at first, and you'll never look back. :niceone:

Unit
26th October 2005, 06:53
Do you ever get down to Auckland at all?
Or when the KBers do a ride up to Wellsford for lunch you could ride down to meet up.

There are heaps of women riders now on KB and Quartida there are also a few pillions now popping up.

Dont get to Akld much lately as have not had cause to but can do if something is on. Definately get to Wellsford, six of us went for a squirt down there last Saturday via many good off SH1 roads west and east, distance I find deminishes on a bike, what seems like a long and winding road in the car disappears so quickly on the bike you feel a little ripped off because it didnt last long enough. Wellsford is definatley do-able :cool:

RiderInBlack
26th October 2005, 07:18
Wecome Duc Gurl. Looking forward riding out and meeting you and TL Rider.

Yep sure have enjoyed my SI trips, but have found there are more Cops there now. There's definely was an over kill in the Canterbury/Otago area when I was there last March (ask Jantar, he lives in Alexandra), with way too many "Plain Clothed" "Cages" (got done by a Blue Demante for 115 in a 100KPM zone, dead straight road and not even as much as a Puk on the raod"). Crossed the ditch with no points and picked up 60 with in 2 days of being in SI. Getting a fu*ken detector now.

Mrs Old Farts
26th October 2005, 07:36
Hi There Duc gurl welcome to KB
Im just a newbie rider after being pillion for years and im loving it.
Im also from the lower part of the NI but if you ever come down this way be sure to look us all up.

DMNTD
26th October 2005, 07:39
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=royalblue]Wecome Duc Gurl... :whistle: ...dang mate so do we :devil2:

Mooch
26th October 2005, 08:28
Good to see you've brought the best brand in the world and the best sounding motorcycle ever built. Welcome a board.

RiderInBlack
26th October 2005, 16:27
Good to see you've brought the best brand in the world and the best sounding motorcycle ever built. Welcome a board.He must be taking about your bike TL Rider:devil2:

SDU
26th October 2005, 16:48
Hello & Welcome to KB from the mainland Duc-gurl and Quartida :spudwave:
Hope you both enjoy your riding, and be sure to let us lot down here know when you get to travel down this way.
There maybe fewer tin tops around but it doesn't mean they are more aware off others around them & there does seem to be an over kill off traffic patrols/ speed cameras around at times. Other than that there are some nice traffic free roads to get round.
:drinkup:
SDU

DMNTD
26th October 2005, 17:41
He must be taking about your bike TL Rider:devil2:

Hehehehe...I think that goes without saying Sir :rofl: :whistle:
Oh shit,best I... :chase:

Mooch
27th October 2005, 03:11

Being a Honda rider your probably a bit slow to pick things up. :whistle:
So I'm typing real slow here for ya .....try displaying the thread in hybrid mode . :killingme

TLR's do sound good with two bros system attached (Almost brought one ) but not as good as a 2 valve Duc !

DMNTD
27th October 2005, 06:11
...TLR's do sound good with two bros system attached (Almost brought one ) but not as good as a 2 valve Duc !

Had them(2 Bro's) but the Yoshimura RS-3's are the duck's nuts :niceone:

Rashika
27th October 2005, 15:46
Used to belong to WIMA years ago, (showing my age a little here, yes, I have issues). Not long back on bikes (last partner hated them so that was that, note he's now an ex), and starting to get back in the groove again.
damn we could be sisters...almost :cool:
I used to be in WIMA, many moons ago too, went to a very cool rally in Nelson (the same venue for the upcoming one in a couple of weeks i think), also had an ex who had the same issues with riding, now with someone who rides as well... and that is great!!
damn i love it ...glad to have you aboard Duc-Girl :banana:

Unit
27th October 2005, 17:55
Hey, but what about me? Geees you boys just come in and take over. Look forward to catching up :Pokey:

Unit
27th October 2005, 18:00
TLR's do sound good with two bros system attached (Almost brought one ) but not as good as a 2 valve Duc !
I have to admit, (and I hate to have to do this) but the TL does sound better, (its damn horny) shit, there, Ive said it :not:

Unit
27th October 2005, 18:07
damn we could be sisters...almost :cool:
I used to be in WIMA, many moons ago too, went to a very cool rally in Nelson (the same venue for the upcoming one in a couple of weeks i think), also had an ex who had the same issues with riding, now with someone who rides as well... and that is great!!
damn i love it ...glad to have you aboard Duc-Girl :banana:
Dang girl, I was looking at a bike exactly the same as your today while TL Rider was getting a new back tyre fitted (yes, another one!), Im seriously intrigued. I love riding the Nelson, Motueka, Takaka area. The buller gorge is superb, and the whole west cost from Cape Fairwell to Haast, incredible. I cant wait to get back there. Will definately catch up when down your way. I'd love to plan for late March, when the weather is settled, still warm but not too hot. Keep me posted with good rides down your way, cheers for the welcome. :cool:

RiderInBlack
27th October 2005, 18:38
Hey, but what about me? Geees you boys just come in and take over. Look forward to catching up :Pokey:Sorry (not). Just could not miss given Mooch a tease after his comment:devil2:

Rashika
27th October 2005, 20:00
Dang girl, I was looking at a bike exactly the same as your today while TL Rider was getting a new back tyre fitted (yes, another one!), Im seriously intrigued. I love riding the Nelson, Motueka, Takaka area. The buller gorge is superb, and the whole west cost from Cape Fairwell to Haast, incredible. I cant wait to get back there. Will definately catch up when down your way. I'd love to plan for late March, when the weather is settled, still warm but not too hot. Keep me posted with good rides down your way, cheers for the welcome. :cool:
hmmm shame you cant make it for early march for the March Hare at waimate/hunter ...that is always a damn good rally! :apumpin:
yep there really are some damn good roads around that area, been awhile since I have travelled on them, must do it again soon.
And the buell is definately an intriguing bike....I find out new things about it all the time, I'm luvin it! :niceone:

coastchick
26th January 2006, 07:10
but new to riding bikes aswell...not quite ready for rides...specially with you faster ones...might try the learners run next weekend....and then maybe see how I feel....Im from aucks though but whangareis not that far....

babyB
26th January 2006, 07:46
morning duc-gurl and quartida
welcom KB

krash69
1st February 2006, 21:30
just bean hair for a couple of weks and having a ball....hehehe:nya:

andrea
27th May 2006, 21:03
hey just thought id say hello, im thinking of joining up with wima they sound cool, but i keep missing out on their rides, mainly because im working n stuff.
nice bike. im in auckland if your riding through send me a message would be cool to meet up with other women bikers:scooter: