PDA

View Full Version : those asking about Thunder Valley

Firefight
25th October 2005, 15:51
here you go

located on H/way 22 just past Waikaretu Cell phone transmitter tower if your heading south.

F/F

WRT
25th October 2005, 15:53
Has it reopened? Keen to get back down there, but its been closed over winter.

Firefight
25th October 2005, 15:54
Has it reopened? Keen to get back down there, but its been closed over winter.

sure is man,

F/F

WRT
25th October 2005, 15:56
Wahoo! Might have to do a trip down there next weekend then!

Firefight
25th October 2005, 16:01
Wahoo! Might have to do a trip down there next weekend then!

Ok will keep an eye out for you maybe stop and say gidday,

F/F

Marmoot
25th October 2005, 16:40
LOL...2-man thread <_<

WRT
25th October 2005, 16:44
Well, it was (spoilsport ;))

Sweet, will try to round up some of the boys, and will post on here if we are gonna make it. Will definately keep an eye out for you, will probably be on Sunday.

Cary
26th October 2005, 13:52
So no truth to the rumour they are selling the farm and closing the tracks then?? :psst:

Henk
26th October 2005, 18:43
I'm pretty sure they are selling so it might pay to get some riding in there if you are keen. The new owners might keep it open but who knows.

WRT
28th October 2005, 13:45
Going to be down there tomorrow (rather than sunday as originally mentioned), its definately open? Anyone else heading down there?

Firefight
31st October 2005, 13:19
So no truth to the rumour they are selling the farm and closing the tracks then?? :psst:

It seems James is trying to sell his property, NZ$6m and its yours,I doubt anyone that buys it will keep it as a bike park :argh: ,hope to speak with him next week and give you guys an update.

F/F

Brian d marge
1st November 2005, 01:44
It seems James is trying to sell his property, NZ$6m and its yours,I doubt anyone that buys it will keep it as a bike park :argh: ,hope to speak with him next week and give you guys an update.

F/F

6 miliion ..what is it a small atol ...with ,,,private beaches ...and dancing girls .....

Stephen

though it does have an MX track...........

Firefight
1st November 2005, 05:32
6 miliion ..what is it a small atol ...with ,,,private beaches ...and dancing girls .....

Stephen

though it does have an MX track...........

main farm 750 acreas,2 motox tracks, swamp tracks, forest, open tracks, hill sections, bush trails, and also run as a sheep/beef unit, the normal farm buildings etc, by NZ standards it pretty cheap for what it is.

F/F

WRT
2nd November 2005, 14:46
Tis a nice peice of land, to be sure . . . but I was talking to the guy down there tho, and he mentioned that he was looking at purchasing a neighbouring property and extending the tracks?

Was down there on Sat (me and my mate were the first ones there). Turns out its been open since the first of sept?? Was still pretty muddy in sections tho, but still had a great day. And $2 gets you a stint on the water blaster, much cheaper than washworld . . . and considering how coated the bikes were its much easier to clean them while the mud is still wet.

Also tried out mounting a camera on my helmet. Kind of worked, very shaky footage tho, its amazing how much your head bounces around . . . plus I mounted it pointing too far down. Will give it another go next time I head out, hopefully get some usable footage.

Brian d marge
2nd November 2005, 16:35
Filming youself ...is a very good thing to do ,,,,you know exactly how you are progressing And you can get it straight in your head ,,,how to twist the wrist ...works for me ...watching the pros ,,,Narita ,,etc they just seem so relaxed ..over the whoops ,,the back wheel working the front hardly moving and little arm movements ...
the others seem on the ragged edge,,,,,and if you what my film of me ,,,the only thing you can say is ,,,,where did you find that big girly from ...I am sure my grandma can ride faster ,,,,( but on the bike it seems like you are out of control ...ie ,,is the front wheel sposed to go this high ,,,,,,,,,:whocares:

How did you find the mud ,,,I like it for throttle control..but hate it when sizing up a jump ,,,ony to have the back come round ,,,or the front disappear ......

Stephen

4 broken crankshafts ,,,,,Plans being drawn up to destroy another ......

Mattyc
9th November 2005, 15:27
Gah it will suck if thundercross valley is closed, i enjoyed riding there

Have you guys ridden the Chook farm at Rama Rama ? its not tooo bad after a bit of rain,, last time i was there it was real dry and bumpy, pretty shite really, could do with some grading

Arven
22nd November 2005, 13:16
Going to be down there tomorrow (rather than sunday as originally mentioned), its definately open? Anyone else heading down there?

Yep! I have been down a few times in the last month! Dont go when its raining! or after it has been raining! Unless you enjoy getting EXTREEMLY muddy... VERY slippery in the wet..

Reckless
23rd November 2005, 21:52
Heard from a mate of mine tonight at the pub that he read in Kiwi rider it was officially closing on the 12th of ??? and I can't bloody remember what month but it wasn't to far away.:doh: