PDA

View Full Version : 22 ride on labour day.

aff-man
25th October 2005, 16:46
Well after waking up to one of the most spectacular days i've seen in a while i was really keen on swinging my leg over and going on a good old fashioned blat. Met up with CK who of course had just rolled out of bed at 9:30. Lazy old bugger. But after he got himself sorted and i got some gas it was off to the autobahn papakura.

Was expecting a few more people but was pleased with the 6 bikes we had heading down.... I decided on going on a route i had only done once or twice and so with a doubtfull (in my ability to navigate) bunch of riders we set out. The road through the hanua's was brilliant dray clean roads and a good pace was set (well for me anyway).

Next was the section to mercer and much like the hanua roads they were pretty bloody fantastic as well. Then on to 22 and down to narawaihia. There were a few dodgy bits on 22 (well according to me) and some unmarked pea metal send me onto the otherside of the road with the back starting to swing round. All good fun and games.

the road just passed the hot pools was fantastic and CK and hayabusa01 went on ahead with me gamely trying to keep up. got into narawahia and had lost a few bikes only to find out that one of them had ran out of gas :whistle: . he will be unnamed.

The funniest part was that at mercer we were discussing running out of gas and giving CK a hard time cause he had done it a few times. And said runner out of gas had laughed quite hard.

Karma is a bitch aint it .......

Anywho 2 of out party left to go meet some people in hamilton so me hayabusa01 CK and said unnamed rider headed back along 22. Hit some more pea gravel but got over it. Also had an interesting encounter with a b-train type truck........

Good roads , good weather and good company. All makes for an awesome day out. Cheers guys.

I was also made nana of the day :headbang:

SPman
25th October 2005, 16:48
No errant turkeys?????

aff-man
25th October 2005, 16:55
No errant turkeys?????

nope but there was a wondering dog, a guy who lost it in a wrx, a crazy truck driver and some curious chickens..... But alas no turkey's

M1CRO
25th October 2005, 18:28
Yup, the pace was good enough Aff-man :)
Good ride, and the next time (hopefully), my ass will be LED lights :niceone:

WINJA
25th October 2005, 19:02
nope but there was a wondering dog, a guy who lost it in a wrx, a crazy truck driver and some curious chickens..... But alas no turkey's
THERE WERE TURKEYS ROUND WAINGARO HOT POOLS , I TRIED TO KICK ONE.
AND A GOAT ON THE ROAD NEAR THE WASHOUTS

Marmoot
26th October 2005, 09:39

not to mention some old tart on a blue R6 heading the opposite way? :whistle:

BigB
26th October 2005, 12:10
Thanks for the company aff-man, had a great ride. Stoped a few times to make sure my mate new where he was going. He had never been on any off those roads.

And to the one who ran out of Petrol, but it won't happen again in a hurry.

cheers

Zed
26th October 2005, 14:01
I saw a black duck so I stopped and let it go across the road. Would hate duck guts on my fairings.What are you doing riding Glen? :psst:

Zed
26th October 2005, 14:03
Good roads , good weather and good company. All makes for an awesome day out. Cheers guys.

I was also made nana of the day :headbang:Good to read aff-man!

So what's up with CK's silence on KB nowadays?? :mellow:

aff-man
26th October 2005, 17:25
Good to read aff-man!

So what's up with CK's silence on KB nowadays?? :mellow:

He is been hard out busy at work the last couple months. Not really any spare time for anything. They just got a computer at home though so he should be back up posting soon enough.