PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Rd/Clevedon Loop........BEWARE!

Blackadda
25th October 2005, 17:18
Had a blat from Takanini to Clevedon and back to Rewa via Twilight Rd tonight after work and.............. they've dug up the main rd into Clevedon (Papkura/Clevedon Rd) so beware, you'll need ya best trail riding skills.

Also at the top of Twilight beware the crazy Chooks. Yep that's right, chickens and roosters everywhere, near pissed ma self when one tried to wing it, thought :shit: he was gunna go me, little bugga.

Just beware if/when doing this loop.

Leong
25th October 2005, 18:40
Had a blat from Takanini to Clevedon and back to Rewa via Twilight Rd tonight after work and.............. they've dug up the main rd into Clevedon (Papkura/Clevedon Rd) so beware, you'll need ya best trail riding skills.

Also at the top of Twilight beware the crazy Chooks. Yep that's right, chickens and roosters everywhere, near pissed ma self when one tried to wing it, thought :shit: he was gunna go me, little bugga.

Just beware if/when doing this loop.

Yeah, Thanks Blackadda. I was turning out of Monument Road going towards Maraetai last night and it was a bit hairy as theyd dug a channel along the main road and bumper to bumper traffic didn't help.

The chooks at the top of the hill on Twilight have been there most times for years. I've been driving that road for near 20years, so people need to look out for them all the time, not just this week!!

There's also chooks on the South Eastern Arterial onramp to the motorway, quite often

dveus
25th October 2005, 19:11

You sure not lying there, went through in the cage an hour or so ago. You could get lost in some of those ruts.

Blackadda
25th October 2005, 19:38
The chooks at the top of the hill on Twilight have been there most times for years. I've been driving that road for near 20years, so people need to look out for them all the time, not just this week!!

Someone ougtha tell those chooks to watch out for the bikes! Another little beastie that's great for the odd shit spiller is those damn Pukeko's. Everynow and then they just think, right I'm gunna go for a fly.

SlowHand
25th October 2005, 19:46
normally into a rider, them pukekos. Not to mention bunnies and ducks etc...
Wish I could wheelie and thump them all with the front.

Lou Girardin
27th October 2005, 09:21
That's why it's called 'playing chicken'