PDA

View Full Version : ADDING FUEL TO THE CAR vs BIKE DEBATE CURRNTLY GOING ON

T.W.R
26th October 2005, 08:07
Seeing the debate happening in other posts, thought i'd pop this into the picture.
Dollar for Dollar Cars can't be closely compared to Motorcycles! The Cars that get close to Motorcycles for performance aren't even close price wise!
Show me a $20k Car that compete with a $20k bike?, cars that can are the prices of a house or more. check the file of a ZX12R topping out then try finding a car of similar value doing the same in stock condition doing the same mmm! also check www.sportbikez.net for the R1vsPorsche at Nurbergring clip mmm! $20k bike vs $300k car & the R1 doesn't even break a sweat ( goin no higher than 4th to keep the porsche contained, plus the dude riding isn't pushin hard at anytime yet the porsche does suspect passes etc)
As for standing quarters, Cycleworld (US) posted a host of low 10sec passes & a 9.89sec quarter in 1985 on a Yamaha V-MAX ( thats 20yrs ago remember!) plus there are plenty of stock bikes that will do the same or similar ( how many stock cars will come close? very very few! plus the ones that can how much do they cost compared to the cost of the bikes? absolutely no comparison!) check the pic of a 90' GSX-R1100L ( stock) that posted a 9.66sec quarter at 143.54mph. :niceone:
Sure there aren't many riders capable of achieving such times but a bike will do it easier than a car will ever do, particularly in stock trim.
also worthy of note in 1992 the suzuki RGV250 of the year was the most powerful road legal production vehicle available for litre of capacity 74hp/250cc = 296hp/1000cc better than the supercar of the time! a Ferrari F40 550hp/4000cc = 137.5hp/1000cc. :niceone:
sure cars go fuckin fast when money is thrown at them but check my post ( hairy chested muscle) on what happens when serious coin is put into a bike, remember its 1988 & the bike is a 80' model CBX Honda taken out 1.7lt 1000hp 250mph+ . And also as most know you don't have to blow shitloads of coin to haul some serious power out of a bike.
Dollar for dollar & bang for buck a bike fucks over a car everytime! :finger::headbang:

DMNTD
26th October 2005, 08:22
Holy fark me!! :not: Awesome vid mate...didn't quite get a good view at his speedo but looked like 320 or 40 eh? :sweatdrop

Mooch
26th October 2005, 08:36
We all seem to forget the kit cars based on the lotus super 7 with the V8 onboard. Westfiled I think , don't cost a lot, it's humbled most bikers on a meduim to tight circuit. I also have a vid of a Ruf 911 old school dealing to large bike after large bike on Nurbergring in fact , every other car as well. Sure bikes are cheaper , but don't be fooled on tight corners.

T.W.R
26th October 2005, 08:53
yeah 340kmh / 12500rpm taken totally to the max, obviously with the 290kmh limiter removed & even with calculated speedo error its well over 200mph. the thrill factor still is in the bikes favour & how about the Triumph Rocket3 measured at pulling 1.3g under acceleration mmm?

T.W.R
26th October 2005, 09:03
Kit-cars mmm? not stock production vehicles are they, try comparing them to the likes of fastbike internationals toys (egli based monsters) the thrill factors still well in the bikes favour. P.S if you want plans for a lotus7 kit-car i've got a complete set ( the old man used to build them)

DMNTD
26th October 2005, 09:13
... & how about the Triumph Rocket3 measured at pulling 1.3g under acceleration mmm?
Hell that beats my tractor anyday! Cool looking bike too-different for sure.
Hey does ya Dad know anything about the AC Cobra kit cars too? Very interested in picking one up in the future.

Mooch
26th October 2005, 09:20
Kit-cars mmm? not stock production vehicles are they, try comparing them to the likes of fastbike internationals toys (egli based monsters) the thrill factors still well in the bikes favour. P.S if you want plans for a lotus7 kit-car i've got a complete set ( the old man used to build them)

This was one of the versions , not a kit car , can be brought turn key
http://www.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/megabusa.htm

Speed : Bike > Car

Fun / Manuevability : Bike > Car

Rain : Car > Bike

Doing a weeks shopping : Car > Bike

Simple really.

I'd never give up my bike... but I'd not give up the car either.

DMNTD
26th October 2005, 09:28
Impressive wee toy :niceone:

T.W.R
26th October 2005, 09:30
nah hes pushin up daisys dude, been gone 14yrs

Motu
26th October 2005, 09:31
I paid $100 for my Charade Turbo,I think it would of blown away quite a few bikes - I don't think I've ever had a bike with that much performance per dollar.

T.W.R
26th October 2005, 09:36
stuck in traffic bike>car
road congestion bike>car
economy bike> car
thrills bike>car
cost bike>car

and i've got both, a toyota chaser & toyota landcruiser plus the ZXR

N4CR
26th October 2005, 09:43
I paid $100 for my Charade Turbo,I think it would of blown away quite a few bikes - I don't think I've ever had a bike with that much performance per dollar.

Hmm me and my mates got a Honda City that we called starfish for that price.

Cut part of the the roof off with a plasma torch, made wooden 'spinners' for wheels and painted them silver, 'chromed' the engine bay with silver spray paint, put in a gigantic intercooler off a modded rx7 and proceeded to go hooning around waterbombing kids even while one of the front wheels had a 20deg camber :mellow:
Edit: and flamepainted it with spraycans

And yeah it was fucking fun. Don't know if it was very legal though....

BUT AT LEAST IT WASN'T A DAIHATSU!!!!

put the turbo on a bike d; ?

T.W.R
26th October 2005, 18:21

yep nice car, but i'll just whip down the shop & get one ( ha yeah rite!) oh thats right theres a couple of ZX12Rs, R1s, CBR 1000, GSX-R1000s, 999s, RSVs,TL1000s to choose from.
cars like the westfield aren't easily obtained yet pick the hyperbike you want & its there ready to thrill you.
get the point?
plus what do we all have bikes for ? the entertainment, the enjoyment, and the thrills!. cars are a neccessary evil, a workhorse, a mode of transport for getting from A to B.

Motu
26th October 2005, 19:03
And a show of wealth - you can't afford a Ferrari F40? You are just small fry Sonny....

Ghost Lemur
26th October 2005, 19:27
And a show of wealth - you can't afford a Ferrari F40? You are just small fry Sonny....

pffft F40, every wannabe has one.

Now the Fxx (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_FXX).

Only twenty available. Owners hand picked. Seats custom molded for driver. etc, etc.

And if you are lucky enough to be blessed, it'll only cost you 1.5 million euro.

RiderInBlack
26th October 2005, 19:32
Did anyone esle notice that the "Squid-in-vid" didn't have any gloves on:whistle:

Oh and:

economy bike> car
Total running costs Car > Bike:blink: Don't ever tell me that my bike is cheaper to run than my ute, cause it arn't.

Drunken Monkey
26th October 2005, 19:43
Speed : Bike > Car
Fun / Manuevability : Bike > Car
Rain : Car > Bike
Doing a weeks shopping : Car >

stuck in traffic bike>car
road congestion bike>car
economy bike> car
thrills bike>car
capitolcost bike>car

versus armco car >bike
versus tree car >bike
versus another car car >bike
running costs car >bike
f**king rego car> bike
WOF bike > car

and much, much more

GTG...

T.W.R
26th October 2005, 20:37
versus armco car >bike
versus tree car >bike
versus another car car >bike
running costs car >bike
f**king rego car> bike
WOF bike > car

and much, much more

GTG...

yeah its funny how so many cars have a appitite for all those things aye! :moon: :finger:
and with reg & wof if ya have to moan about those sort of things you shouldn't have avehicle in the first place :whistle: oh and by the way you forgot insurance!

Drunken Monkey
26th October 2005, 22:37
...and with reg & wof if ya have to moan about those sort of things you shouldn't have avehicle in the first place :whistle: oh and by the way you forgot insurance!

Indeed, I'm more annoyed I have to pay rego for 2 cars and a bike and can only drive/ride one at any given time. There are others on this site who have even more vehicles they can't drive/ride at the same time.

After just returning from a particular film, I will add:

Moonshine runs in a car painted in cool 'General Lee' livery car >>>> bike

T.W.R
26th October 2005, 23:03
Did anyone esle notice that the "Squid-in-vid" didn't have any gloves on:whistle:

Oh and:

Total running costs Car > Bike:blink: Don't ever tell me that my bike is cheaper to run than my ute, cause it arn't.

get it tuned up then!

my ZXR 330kms per tank, cost roughly $26 4cylinder 750cc (96oct)
my Chaser 600kms per tank, cost roughly $67.50 6 cylinder 2000cc (91oct)
my Landcruiser 800kms per tank, cost roughly $86.50 4cylinder 3400cc diesel add road tax $32.70 per 1000km ( i buy 10k lots) = $112.66/tank

which is the cheapest? THE BIKE!!!!
ALSO local running the bike is on 100% AVGAS so it works to $29 & i could give a shit I enjoy it

RiderInBlack
27th October 2005, 06:20
get it tuned up then!

my ZXR 330kms per tank, cost roughly $26 4cylinder 750cc (96oct)
my Chaser 600kms per tank, cost roughly $67.50 6 cylinder 2000cc (91oct)
my Landcruiser 800kms per tank, cost roughly $86.50 4cylinder 3400cc diesel add road tax $32.70 per 1000km ( i buy 10k lots) = $112.66/tank

which is the cheapest? THE BIKE!!!!
ALSO local running the bike is on 100% AVGAS so it works to $29 & i could give a shit I enjoy itAre but I said running costs not fuel effency. This includes tyres, filters, oil, brake pad, etc. Makes me laugh everytime some dumb "cager" at the pumps say to me "that must be cheap to run" when they see me filling "Roxanne". My answers very from "Na" (and then give them a brakedown of her running costs) to "You've never owned a bike then, have you".

T.W.R
27th October 2005, 07:00
bikes still cheaper dude, as per cost of doing all the mentioned duties of running costs, even though done more often ( tyres) but as for myself i'd rather spend over $500 for a set of tyres for the bike than spend $1200 on my cruiser for a set or $600 for the car. plus maintenance costs are a small price to pay, almost an investment in the vehicle ( a little maintenance goes along to avoiding major repairs)

Lou Girardin
27th October 2005, 07:25
Who give shit what they cost. It's about value.
Besides has anyone priced track day tyres for cars lately?

RiderInBlack
27th October 2005, 07:25
Full set of tyres for the ute cost me less than $300 and last more than 20000Km. Bike $500+ and 6000-10000Km. I kept the bike very well maintain, because if I didn't the result could easily cost my life.

thehollowmen
27th October 2005, 09:05
and he has the balls to take a hand off the bars to move the wire so we can see what's on the speedo

I'm surprised he can get that fast with balls that big.. wouldn't they increase drag?