PDA

View Full Version : Best Accessory Shopping

cruzer
13th February 2004, 10:11
Whats your opinion in regards to the best accessory range in NZ.
I usually have to shop online as there doesn't seem to be many accessories in Auckland.

jrandom
13th February 2004, 10:13
when you say 'accessories' are you referring to general bike gear or more cruiser-specific stuff, ie, tasselled wristbands, chrome polish and transfer tattoos?

:bleh:

(FWIW, most of us in Auckland seem to rely on Motomail for non-mechanical purchases...)

[edit: and they're in Western Springs Road, website at www.motomail.co.nz, if you haven't been there before]

cruzer
13th February 2004, 10:20
when you say 'accessories' are you referring to general bike gear or more cruiser-specific stuff, ie, tasselled wristbands, chrome polish and transfer tattoos?

:bleh:

(FWIW, most of us in Auckland seem to rely on Motomail for non-mechanical purchases...)
Well, as an example, when I wanted to buy a set of Saddlebags, I had to go online (not a good range anywhere I looked) when I wanted aftermarket exhaust, I had to go online as AMPS could not tell me when they were going to be bringing in the next order from Vance and Hines etc.
I can't imagine why anyone would want leather straps hanging from their handlebars as I would imagine that this would be the equivelant of a "cat of 9 tails" ferociously whiping through your leathers and stripping the flesh away from your fore arms

jrandom
13th February 2004, 10:41
... had to go online (not a good range anywhere I looked) ... can't imagine why anyone would want leather straps hanging from their handlebars

Heh. Yes, I've never heard of actual tassled wristbands. I was doing my best to come up with something that sounded sufficiently silly to make it clear that I was making it ze joke, ja?

so... you *have* tried Motomail then? Also, AMPS are not the only dealer of course, remember to check Colemans and Holeshot for 'zuki-compatible stuff. Um. I'm guessing you went into AMPS with Harley lust and either realised on your own or were convinced that quality-engineered cruiser action could be had for half the price, hence the Volusia? Good on ya.

Motomail do seem to carry a decent range of saddlebags, tankbags and those funny rollup things that sit up on the forks. Last time I was up there a chick with a VS800 was holding one up against the front end with a critical eye.

Oh, and nice bike, dude.

cruzer
13th February 2004, 10:57
Heh. Yes, I've never heard of actual tassled wristbands. I was doing my best to come up with something that sounded sufficiently silly to make it clear that I was making it ze joke, ja?

so... you *have* tried Motomail then? Also, AMPS are not the only dealer of course, remember to check Colemans and Holeshot for 'zuki-compatible stuff. Um. I'm guessing you went into AMPS with Harley lust and either realised on your own or were convinced that quality-engineered cruiser action could be had for half the price, hence the Volusia? Good on ya.

Motomail do seem to carry a decent range of saddlebags, tankbags and those funny rollup things that sit up on the forks. Last time I was up there a chick with a VS800 was holding one up against the front end with a critical eye.

Oh, and nice bike, dude.
Thanks for the compliment.
I have found it pretty hard going to find anybody in most mortorcycle shops that offer any level of service that comes close to "Good"
I will make an exception here and mention that Red Barron has so far impressed me (at least their service department has)

>> The inventor of the Harley Davidson Motorcycle Corporation,
>> Arthur Davidson, died and went to heaven.
>> At the gates, St. Peter told Arthur, "Since you've been such a
>> good man and your motorcycles have changed the world, your reward is
>> you can hang out with anyone you want in Heaven."
>> Arthur thought about it for a minute and then said,
>> "I want to hang out with God."
>> St. Peter took Arthur to the Throne Room, and introduced him
>> to God. Arthur then asked God, "Hey, aren't you the inventor of
>> woman?" God said, "Ah, yes."
>> "Well," said Arthur, "professional to professional, you have some
>> major design flaws in your invention:
>> 1. There's too much inconsistency in the front-end protrusion.
>> 2. It chatters constantly at high speeds.
>> 3. Most of the rear ends are too soft and wobble too much.
>> 4. The intake is placed way too close to the exhaust.
>> 5. And the maintenance costs are outrageous."
>> "Hmmmm, you may have some good points there," replied
>> God,"hold on."
>> God went to his Celestial super computer, typed in a few words
>> and waited for the results. The computer printed out a slip of paper
and
>> God read it.
>> "Well, it may be true that my invention is flawed," God said to Arthur.
>> "But according to these numbers, more men are riding my invention
>> than yours."

jrandom
13th February 2004, 11:15
The inventor of the Harley Davidson Motorcycle Corporation, Arthur Davidson, died and went to heaven.

On this forum, as I suspect you will soon realise, that joke would be better received if it were Soichiro Honda who died, went to heaven and proceeded to criticise God's engineering abilities...

cruzer
13th February 2004, 11:17
On this forum, as I suspect you will soon realise, that joke would be better received if it were Soichiro Honda who died, went to heaven and proceeded to criticise God's engineering abilities...
Yes I agree but I'm sure that you will also agree that it was, but a joke :not:

Big Dog
13th February 2004, 14:21
The best range and service I have ever encountered was in NP. Having the highest pop per cap of riders it is not surprising. There were also more bike shops per cap according to stats in '95. Its not surprising given the roads.
It sounds like wellies is trying hard to take that crown.

The biannual bike show is good for getting parts direct from suppliers / distributers too.

cruzer
13th February 2004, 14:35
The best range and service I have ever encountered was in NP. Having the highest pop per cap of riders it is not surprising. There were also more bike shops per cap according to stats in '95. Its not surprising given the roads.
It sounds like wellies is trying hard to take that crown.

The biannual bike show is good for getting parts direct from suppliers / distributers too.
Where and when is the biannual bike show held?

Big Dog
13th February 2004, 14:42
Where and when is the biannual bike show held?
New Plymouth. Unfortunately I don't live there any more so can't tell you times. If I recall its every second easter or chrismas.

Try contacting NP info centre they should know.

Otherwise find another member from NP and ask them. :scooter: