PDA

View Full Version : BikeyCop or one of your mates?

SlashWylde
27th October 2005, 17:19
I was riding to work this morning down East Tamaki Rd at about 08:00 to turn into Bairds Rd, when I spotted a motorcycle Police officer straddling his bike at the corner, crouched, waiting patiently like a white shark ready to strike at the opportune moment.

Sure enough as I approached the corner the turn light went amber then red and the usual number of in-too-much-of-a-hurry cagers scrambled to get through - and one of them ran the red. Silly silly boy :nono:

Quick as a flash said officer of the law pounced on the hapless fool and delivered the requisite punishment. :headbang:

This was so sublimely perfect to witness a motorcycle officer catching a cager doing something which all too often can cause harm to bikers I could almost taste the justice as I rode past laughing my head off.

Was that you BikeyCop? Anyway, well done that man! :niceone:

DemonWolf
27th October 2005, 18:24
I still can't believe idiots thinking that.... "I can make it through no problems" when they see a amber light and they are freaking 8-10 metres away from the inter-section.. Whats up with these fucktards! This really pisses me off...

oh.. and fucktards that cut corners! or dont pull over when they are turning

Magua
27th October 2005, 18:41
or dont pull over when they are turning

That's rubbish, everyone does it otherwise you'd never get across the road.

Zapf
27th October 2005, 18:42
worse is when you see them going thru a clear red... a whole full second after it turned red

Grizz
27th October 2005, 18:46
I envy you seeing that, isn't it just sweet satisfaction.

I often travel through that intersection, and while its great that they are policing it, it is probably just flavour of the month or week, because someone has had a either a hit or a near miss, so the reaction is "we should do something about that", then the focus goes away and they move on to some thing else.

Or is it me being too cynical?

Anyhoo thanks for the thread, maybe there is now one more driver out there who will think twice about gunning it next time he gets an orange.

miSTa
27th October 2005, 19:28

The ones to watch are those that move to the right to turn left or move to the left to turn right - very dodgy. :argh:

Slingshot
27th October 2005, 19:47
They often set up a trap at the lights on the intersection of Vivian & Taranaki Streets in Wellington.
A motorcycle cop will hide around the corner and radio the plates of motorists that run the red. 200 to 300 meters up the road are a couple of hailing the offenders to stop.
It's classic to watch!

Zed
27th October 2005, 19:51
I was riding to work this morning down East Tamaki Rd at about 08:00 to turn into Bairds R...

Was that you BikeyCop? Anyway, well done that man! :niceone:BC does patrol the Otara area so that could well have been him!

...crouching down like a white shark u say? :lol:

Avignon
27th October 2005, 20:01
I still can't believe idiots thinking that.... "I can make it through no problems" when they see a amber light and they are freaking 8-10 metres away from the inter-section.. Whats up with these fucktards! This really pisses me off...

My car will punch through an intersection with changing lights 8-10m away from a standing start in no time, let alone rolling at the speed limit. I suppose none of you guys have ever run an amber on yer bike. Like Jesus apparently said "Let him without sin cast the first stone!" Get a grip! Everyone does it, you just have to be aware of it.

OPPS SORRY, I just saw you are from New Plymouth. Here in Jaffaland, where transit in cars is difficult at times, people tend to go a bit faster where they can and at times risk it and put trust in the ABS, AIRBAGS and Crumple zones. I understand general transit is slower elsewhere, anyone transiting through Taupo will know what I mean.

WINJA
27th October 2005, 21:59
YEAH GOOD CALL , PRICKS RUNNING RED REDS ARE FUCKEN DANGEROUS

Flyingpony
27th October 2005, 22:13
Don't understand some people.
Light up front goes orange and there's plenty of room to stop safely and if you don't stop, then you won't make it through without running the red. Sure enough, suddenly hear the car beside engine test it's redline as they've floored it in a vain attempt to get through - ran the red naturally.

That's why I always check both sides of traffic have come to a safe stop or there abouts before heading across. Very important when on a bicycle, motor bike, and equally when in the car too.

It feels good to see the Police quickly pounce on somebody who have just broken the law. Got cut off once on the North Shore meters before a traffic light - late lane change. Police saw it and quickly filtered in behind me. Nailed that dude the moment our traffic light went green.

Da Bird
27th October 2005, 22:27
I was riding to work this morning down East Tamaki Rd at about 08:00 to turn into Bairds Rd, when I spotted a motorcycle Police officer straddling his bike at the corner, crouched, waiting patiently like a white shark ready to strike at the opportune moment.

Sure enough as I approached the corner the turn light went amber then red and the usual number of in-too-much-of-a-hurry cagers scrambled to get through - and one of them ran the red. Silly silly boy :nono:

Quick as a flash said officer of the law pounced on the hapless fool and delivered the requisite punishment. :headbang:

This was so sublimely perfect to witness a motorcycle officer catching a cager doing something which all too often can cause harm to bikers I could almost taste the justice as I rode past laughing my head off.

Was that you BikeyCop? Anyway, well done that man! :niceone:

Yip, must confess, that was me. Had enough tickets by 9.30am to go home for the day but obviously the bosses would not be happy if I did that. We have had some more complaints about that intersection so will probably be spending a bit more time there - like tomorrow...

One guy blocked the intersection for at least a minute... nobody could go anywhere.

BC.

Ixion
27th October 2005, 22:31
.. Get a grip! Everyone does it, you just have to be aware of it.

I don't. .

SlashWylde
27th October 2005, 22:41
...I suppose none of you guys have ever run an amber on yer bike. Like Jesus apparently said "Let him without sin cast the first stone!" Get a grip! Everyone does it, you just have to be aware of it.

OPPS SORRY, I just saw you are from New Plymouth. Here in Jaffaland, where transit in cars is difficult at times, people tend to go a bit faster where they can and at times risk it and put trust in the ABS, AIRBAGS and Crumple zones. I understand general transit is slower elsewhere, anyone transiting through Taupo will know what I mean.

Nope, don't run amber lights, Auckland roads are hazardous enough without adding to the hazards. My issue is with motorists who deliberately and with total disregard for others break the rules of the road and pose a danger to themselves and others.

Lately I have seen a lot of car, SUV and even truck drivers running the red and even well into the green phase for the intersecting stream. Had a crazy lady in a beat-up sedan do that to me at the Mt Wellington on ramp going south the other day. The lights were well into my green phase and I was just letting out the clutch to move forwards when I spotted this mad bitch came screaming down the off ramp and charged through the intersection on our green. She even had the gall to scream a deranged "fuck you!!" as I honked and waved my arms at her. This is why I always hesitate before pulling out at intersections and have an escape plane when rolling through or past a T intersection.

All this coupled with the inability of many East Aucklanders to use thier dammn lights at night makes it an interesting place to commute. I basically regard every cager as though they could at any stage do something to harm me, and every intersection as a potential killing zone.

It's not paranoia, it's just good common sense and after a year and more than 12,000kms of very enjoyable riding I've not had one real close call let alone a crash or spill. Fingers crossed for the future...

SlashWylde
27th October 2005, 22:47
One guy blocked the intersection for at least a minute... nobody could go anywhere.

BC.

Arrghh! I hate those bastards!! :brick:

Oh well, if you see a bloke on a blood-red Vulcan 800 waving good morning to you it'll be me.

vtec
27th October 2005, 23:04
I've almost been taken out, cause once I got a green on the intersection heading towards dannemora in botany downs and people heading from Dannemora and turning into botany road were still going through even though I had the green. I thought whats up with this shit, so I took off towards the last car to give them the bejesus, and another fucker came through behind that car... nearly shat myself :dodge: . I still try to give frights to cars when I've got the green and they're blatantly running through several seconds after they get red.

Ixion
27th October 2005, 23:12
Worst of it is, if one of the red light runners does clean you up, they'll claim that it was *you* that ran the red light. And because you're on a bike, they'll automatically be believed by police and judges, and you won't. Justice is just a fancy word for bikers. (As always, excepting our own bikey cop members, alas too small a percentage)

aff-man
27th October 2005, 23:36
teirirangi road/ botany road is the worst. So many times fuckwits have run reds on me a full 2 secs after i had a green. Luckily saw them comming.

Hey BK if you really want to some extra revenue go along teirirangi. It's 80km/h right so i am coming up to on of the sets of lights which is green gor me still a good 200m away and i see guys looking left then right then blatently running the red light. Treating it just like a give way. Seen this multiple times. I think one day i'll get hold of a vid camera and tape the retards running red lights is just not cricket I say.

N4CR
28th October 2005, 00:43
Yeah affman has named a good place.
Also another place is down by the pakuranga mall before Saint Kents. When you head towards glen innes the last phase before you go (which is people turning off mt wellington highway and towards the motorway) you are almost guranteed a red light runner every time.

Go get the bastards, and good to see cops ticketing for truely dangerous things!

Waylander
28th October 2005, 00:53
Anyhoo thanks for the thread, maybe there is now one more driver out there who will think twice about gunning it next time he gets an orange.
Not very likely, morons like that wont even rethink thier choices when they hit someone why would just getting a fine do anything?

And the boy racers allways wonder why I let them get off the line first at the lights...

N4CR
28th October 2005, 00:56
And the boy racers allways wonder why I let them get off the line first at the lights...

Bahahah! That's just so evil! But so funny!

I havn't had that situation yet but when I do I'll (ab)use it as much as possible, just like baiting the fuckers around speed cameras :rofl:

Da Bird
28th October 2005, 05:46
teirirangi road/ botany road is the worst. So many times fuckwits have run reds on me a full 2 secs after i had a green. Luckily saw them comming.

Hey BK if you really want to some extra revenue go along teirirangi. It's 80km/h right so i am coming up to on of the sets of lights which is green gor me still a good 200m away and i see guys looking left then right then blatently running the red light. Treating it just like a give way. Seen this multiple times. I think one day i'll get hold of a vid camera and tape the retards running red lights is just not cricket I say.

Yip, that's another intersection I spend quite a bit of time on, mainly in the afternoon rush hour when I am working a late shift. Sometimes we have a car or two up there as well due to the "workload".

The crashes at that intersection in the past 4 years or so have cost something like $3 million (when they work out all the associated ACC, medical, time off work costs). A red light camera would have paid for itself several times over.

MacD
28th October 2005, 07:00
Yip, must confess, that was me. Had enough tickets by 9.30am to go home for the day but obviously the bosses would not be happy if I did that. We have had some more complaints about that intersection so will probably be spending a bit more time there - like tomorrow...

BC.

An Auckland Central cop could also do well at the intersection of Khyber Pass Rd and Grafton Road. The red light running is chronic there and some of the worst offenders are the buses travelling up and down Khyber Pass.

Cookie
28th October 2005, 07:36
An Auckland Central cop could also do well at the intersection of Khyber Pass Rd and Grafton Road. The red light running is chronic there and some of the worst offenders are the buses travelling up and down Khyber Pass.

Dead bl**dy right! I used to travel through that intersection every day for a couple of years. Buses are the worst, along with brain dead morons parking all over the middle of the intersection. But you could take your pick of intersections in Auckland. Makes me so mad I could tear up a box full of puppy dogs.

Bykey Cop - good on ya! If I see one of you guys crouching at an intersection I give the thumbs up. :niceone:

aff-man
28th October 2005, 08:36
Yip, that's another intersection I spend quite a bit of time on, mainly in the afternoon rush hour when I am working a late shift. Sometimes we have a car or two up there as well due to the "workload".

The crashes at that intersection in the past 4 years or so have cost something like $3 million (when they work out all the associated ACC, medical, time off work costs). A red light camera would have paid for itself several times over.

Do you ever travel around the pak area/ along avimore drive. I've only ever seen 1 bike copper gave him a wave and he just stared at me. :crybaby:

Lou Girardin
28th October 2005, 11:04
It's a shame it wasn't bikeycop at Onewa/Sylvan this morning instead of the waste of space in the red mufti Commode. He saw a van run the red and did nothing. I got even though, I nailed it and closed to gap too fast for him to make a break in traffic.
Yeah it's childish, but stuff 'im.

Biff
28th October 2005, 12:42
Get a grip! Everyone does it, you just have to be aware of it.

I don't.
I guess when you say "everyone" you mean anyone with scant disregard for other road users safety. And yes, I'm originally from a big city (with a population size of around 3/4 that of all NZ) before you get all condescending on my arse as well.

WRT
28th October 2005, 12:56
. . . have an escape plane when rolling through or past a T intersection.

Well, that beats an ejector seat anyday, I guess.

Was at the lights down by the port (at the start of tamaki dr) waiting to turn right up towards the motorways at lunch today. Dude in the left lane (of the two that turn) obviously got fed up with the red arrow (straight thru in both directions had green), so he waited till the oncoming traffic had gone, and then just gently ambled thru the intersection.

Was odd, seeing him just gently mosey across, going round our lane, then thru three on coming lanes while running a red. Did it slowly too, despite the fact that you cant see very far up the road due to the brow of the hill, and given the speed of the traffic that come down tamaki dr you can understand why they leave a red arrow there.

Asking for it, he was . . . would have been great to see a big truck carrying a container crest that hill while he was still mid way across . . .

shcabbeh
28th October 2005, 16:24
Heh, I'm gonna head down for training as a cop in a year or two.

Being a motorcycle cop would be pretty sweet I reckon.. paid for cruising the highways all day, pulling over retards that think they're above everyone. Nice. :D

Da Bird
28th October 2005, 18:19
Heh, I'm gonna head down for training as a cop in a year or two.

Being a motorcycle cop would be pretty sweet I reckon.. paid for cruising the highways all day, pulling over retards that think they're above everyone. Nice. :D

Yeah, there is that too but lately I think I have a sign on the front of my bike that says "HIT ME" instead of POLICE.

stify
28th October 2005, 19:38
well i'm one those lot that sit a little longer at intersections waiting for the red light runners, and i then get the treatment on a regular basis from the people i hold up for 2 or 3 seconds

Zed
28th October 2005, 19:49
well i'm one those lot that sit a little longer at intersections waiting for the red light runners, and i then get the treatment on a regular basis from the people i hold up for 2 or 3 secondsIf i'm up in front of traffic at the lights I usually bolt it a millisecond after it turns green, of course trying to look for any latecomers. This reminds me of that KB ride a few months ago where Big Dave took photos of our best ride *poses*, I can recall that Big Dave actually gets away from the lights a mere trillisecond after it turns green!! :spudwow: :spudwave::spudbn:

Colapop
28th October 2005, 20:09
They often set up a trap at the lights on the intersection of Vivian & Taranaki Streets in Wellington.
A motorcycle cop will hide around the corner and radio the plates of motorists that run the red. 200 to 300 meters up the road are a couple of hailing the offenders to stop.
It's classic to watch!
The one they should be doing is the exit off the motorway onto Ghuznee st./Willis st intersection. I sit at the lights waiting to go through there and count at least 6 or so red light runners every time! What makes it worse is that they come tooling along the motorway at top speed then think oh I can make that. You're f*cked if you're trying cross on the 'green man'.
Bykey - you get in touch with your Wgtn cobbers and get them to check that one out.

Ivan
28th October 2005, 20:10

Do Kiwibikers get off for alot of shit?

Colapop
28th October 2005, 20:14
Do Kiwibikers get off for alot of shit?

Are we not all sinners? Let he who hath not sinned cast the first stone? (some biblical ref.)

Bless me father for I have sinned, and um... can you bless me a few times in advance? I'm going out tonight and I'm going to be doing some sinning!

greenman
28th October 2005, 20:25
I thought Auskland was bad until I moved to Hamilton. And here we have lots of roundabouts as well, people do the "straight through" thing, don't they understand that you have to give way to people already on the roundabout. What I do is to aim for the drivers door, this scares the bejesus out of them when they see that I'm showing no signs of stopping but am tracking them personally as they try to escape. In reality I'm nowhere near hitting them but it has the desired effect!
I also find that I have to stop riding for a few days as it really pisses me off when it happens day after day. Rather like Groundhog Day.
Same dumbass, same interection, differnt day, :argh:

shcabbeh
28th October 2005, 20:28
Yeah, there is that too but lately I think I have a sign on the front of my bike that says "HIT ME" instead of POLICE.

Ugh, some people just have no respect. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it:)

Gremlin
29th October 2005, 19:04
Also another place is down by the pakuranga mall before Saint Kents. When you head towards glen innes the last phase before you go (which is people turning off mt wellington highway and towards the motorway) you are almost guranteed a red light runner every time.
Agree with that, but just as good (and right next to it) is coming off the motorway and turning right onto Ti Rakau Drive.

I'll see your deliberate amber and red light runners and raise you a dumb asian bitch who completely missed the huge blinking things. Slowing down next to Lloyd Elsmore for red, she comes past in another lane (thank my lucky stars) and goes straight through, suddenly stops 50m after the intersection as if confused... :crazy: in the middle of a lane, middle of road. Then sorta carried on... :weird:

DemonWolf
1st November 2005, 17:02
That's rubbish, everyone does it otherwise you'd never get across the road.

Actually Magua, I was talking about.. when people indicate to go turn left, then they should start to pull over to the left hand side of the road before the corner..

Instead of pulling and turning left at the last moment, thus creating a bottleneck at that intersection or turnoff.. and most of them dont indicate either.. just making it worse.

anyways.. as you were.

ScumKiller2
2nd November 2005, 10:03

*Every* time i go on the Auckland motorway at least one person in a car/van/4wd tries to kill me. And this is usually only short commutes to work or on my way out of town for a blat or tour. I ride very sensibly around town (and outside of town too, of course) I can't imagine what the count would be like spending all day on a bike in that chaos. Good on ya bykey, keep those survival skills honed.

inlinefour
2nd November 2005, 13:46
keep up the good work :niceone:

Lou Girardin
2nd November 2005, 15:29
A red light camera would have paid for itself several times over.

So why did they decommission the Auck City red light cameras? I would have thought a ready made cash cow like that would be set up at every set of lights.

DemonWolf
16th September 2010, 19:40
...... I suppose none of you guys have ever run an amber on yer bike. Like Jesus apparently said "Let him without sin cast the first stone!" Get a grip! Everyone does it, you just have to be aware of it.

Interesting enough, I was pulled over while travelling in a cage in New Plymouth the other month... .. for 'Running' a amber light :eek5: .. needless to say, I did not win my argument that I did not.... :angry: .....but as a lazy barstard that I am... paid up when the letter arrived in the mail.
:wacko:

sinfull
16th September 2010, 19:45
Interesting enough, I was pulled over while travelling in a cage in New Plymouth the other month... .. for 'Running' a amber light :eek5: .. needless to say, I did not win my argument that I did not.... :angry: .....but as a lazy barstard that I am... paid up when the letter arrived in the mail.
:wacko:You been away for a bit then ?

DemonWolf
16th September 2010, 19:47
You been away for a bit then ?

only a bit :crazy:

marty
16th September 2010, 20:21
It's classic to watch!

how is that a trap? it's shooting fish in a fish bowl!