PDA

View Full Version : Im fitting a Neptune Exhaust.

Sniper
28th October 2005, 07:10
Now I hear about it with the bigger bikes, but on my little 250, do I need to get the fuel and carbs and everything tuned to the exhaust?

Thanks Guys

sAsLEX
28th October 2005, 09:20
No, but if you want performance increases it would pay to! otherwise your likely to just get more noise, which on a 250 can be bad, k14 had a pipe on his but took it off after a week as it hurt to ride with

Sniper
28th October 2005, 09:30
Thanks sAsLEX, I think I need to get it tuned so I might do that after the exhaust gets done today.

**R1**
28th October 2005, 09:35
yeah I would!

Your bike could end up running lean, not as bad on a 4stroke as it is on a 2stroke, but still not good, get nick at PB down wilsons road to dyno it and run a gas anyliser, and find out if it needs rejetting, my guess (depending how open ya new pipe is) is it will. it might cost you $100 all up but its money worth spending.

Kickaha
28th October 2005, 09:37
get nick at PB down wilsons road to dyno it and run a gas anyliser, and find out if it needs rejetting, my guess (depending how open ya new pipe is) is it will. it might cost you $100 all up but its money worth spending.

Nick at PBS has been closed up for months he got a job working on cars and the dyno moved south

Sniper
28th October 2005, 10:31
Any idea on where I can go then?

(One of the "bro" mechanics said he can tune my bike for me with a screwdriver and some wire. Im not too keen on this)

limbimtimwim
28th October 2005, 11:23
Now I hear about it with the bigger bikes, but on my little 250, do I need to get the fuel and carbs and everything tuned to the exhaust?To get the best hit out of it, yes, in my limited experience. http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=17491 . Muffler+jets+different taper needle+fuel screw fiddling = better top end, and I didn't damage the lower end of the rev range either. I've gained about 15km/h in top gear, and it gets there accelerates much better than it did before.

Sniper
28th October 2005, 12:02
Thanks lim, thats exactly what I wanted to hear. Now do I need to get a specific carb set in?

limbimtimwim
28th October 2005, 13:20
Thanks lim, thats exactly what I wanted to hear. Now do I need to get a specific carb set in?I found these guys ( http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prodh67.html ). They hate Dynojet with a passion :-). Note the link to the Oz model at the top of the page. Their website is a mess.

Anyway, I called them up, they sent it down to me.

I found a link once to step by step instructions on how to fit that kit to a cbr250rr. Can't find it now, but I think I bookmarked it at home. I'll dig it up if I remember when I get home.

I think with your 4 carbs, I suspect you will have a tougher job getting it working nicely.

When I got my muffler from roo, they also included in the instructions "#118 jets work well" which was what factory pro had sent me. Did Neptune not suggest a main jet size?

Sniper
28th October 2005, 14:25

Yep, the website is a bit hard to navigate, but I will sort it.

dangerous
28th October 2005, 19:12
Any idea on where I can go then?
Kile at the John's rd garage, he has Harris's old dyno and knows his shit.
But being a 250 I'd say you will be ok as it is considering it already had a openish can on it.
whats the neptune look like?
ps: did ya hear the Guz with its Neptunes the other night? :2thumbsup

Kickaha
28th October 2005, 20:10
ps: did ya hear the Guz with its Neptunes the other night? :2thumbsup

Sounded like a Harley didn't it? :lol::finger:

Coyote
28th October 2005, 20:15
How much is this pipe going to cost you Sniper?

Sniper
31st October 2005, 07:36
Well the pipe is fitted and looks pretty good. The bike doesn't seem to have any problems through-out the rev range but Im still going to tune her to make sure.

Alarumba, the pipe cost me $300, it was a second hand one but in mint condition.

Dangerous, thanks for the advise, I'll go to Kile on thursday. I didn't actually get a chance to hear the guzzi, did it sound good?