PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Hyosung Comet GT250

luke-g
28th October 2005, 07:29
Hi everyone, well, my day has been well and truly ruined. My beloved first bike, a black comet GT250 i've had for 2 1/2 months, has been stolen from right outside my damn bedroom. My flat is down a R.O.W. about 30-40m off Hillsborough Rd in Auckland and around a corner.

So two things!

Never, ever believe your bike is safe *anywhere*. There was about a 4 1/2 hour window where I was asleep last night and when I woke up it was gone. Always lock your bike (i didn't have the disc lock on). Preferably chain it to something. I'll be investing heavily in security when I get a new bike through insurance, though god knows when that will be. I was planning to tour down to ChCh on the 4th but that's now impossible.

The other thing is that if you see a black 2004 comet, license plate 24WNS, with about 5-5500 ks on the odo, PLEASE call the police. If you're buying a new bike off TradeMe or similar, PLEASE check that it's not mine! Giveaways will be the odo or the fact that it has just been registered or has no reggo. I doubt anyone'd be stupid enough to sell it with my plates on it. Unfortunately i kept it in mint condition for the thieves, so there are no identifying dings.

skelstar
28th October 2005, 07:47
That sucks dude. They arent too clued up either as there wont be many Comet 250's in Auckland either im guessing. At least not in the rest of the country.

Cookie
28th October 2005, 08:07
My flat is down a R.O.W. about 30-40m off Hillsborough Rd in Auckland and around a corner.

That really sucks alright! I live in that area and will be keeping an eye out. Yeah there's not a lot of them about so they must be idiots as well as bastards.

I hope the insurance company makes things as easy as possible for you.

The_Dover
28th October 2005, 08:07
Fuck mate, that's my old bike. Sorry to hear about your loss. I'll keep my eyes peeled cos I'll definitely recognise the fucker.

Have you informed all the dealers around Akl to keep an eye out? Did you keep the frame and engine number?

Str8 Jacket
28th October 2005, 08:09
Did you keep the frame and engine number?

If not im pretty sure LTSA hold that information... (could be wrong though)

Sniper
28th October 2005, 10:35
Bugger mate, I'll keep a look out down here.

Buster
28th October 2005, 10:43
It has to be the worst feeling to come out and stare at the spot where you know you parked your pride and joy. Im really sorry to hear that. Ill make a note of the rego and keep an eye out during my travels.. :argh:

DMNTD
28th October 2005, 10:45
...well, my day has been well and truly ruined. My beloved first bike, a black comet GT250 i've had for 2 1/2 months, has been stolen from right outside my damn bedroom...
...that's absolutely rat shit mate! Sorry to hear :weird:
Ignorant lazy farkers eh! :ar15: :thud:
Eyes wide open up this way mate :niceone:

Lou Girardin
28th October 2005, 10:45
Bad news. But the upside is, you know a new brand is accepted when the scum steal them.

Patrick
28th October 2005, 10:53
Engine and chassis numbers are automatically entered as stolen when the bike is entered as stolen by Police...as well as the plate...if someone finds a chassis or engine # and wanna know if its the real deal, phone local copper shop with it and they can check for ya...

Hope your bike turns up safe and well shortly...or insurance get moving and fix you up with a nice brand spanking new one...

zadok
28th October 2005, 11:18
That's terrible. :argh: Are you insured against theft?

DemonWolf
28th October 2005, 11:23
Sorry to hear about your bike... Will keep an eye out for anything down in Taranaki.

Hope your insurance work outs real quick.

Lucyloo
28th October 2005, 12:48
What's the rego just in case they are dumb enough to ride it around town?

edit...just fully read original post...see that you have put that in already...doh!
Must wake up before getting my fingers going!

Mrs Old Farts
28th October 2005, 13:57
Buggar !! sorry to hear that your pride and joy has gone walkabouts, heres hopeing that it knows its not you on it and kicks their sorry arses off preferably on a nice bit of rough road. :spudgrr:

luke-g
28th October 2005, 14:23
Thanks everyone for your sympathy. I'm home again now and dammit i'd gotten used to seeing my bike out the window from the lounge. Just empty out there, now.

I am insured, but anyone who's had to claim insurance before will understand i'm not too happy about what's to come. I expect to get another Comet (as i'd like to) will cost me about a grand over the insurance. New, as well as o/r costs mount up. Plus it'll be at least a month! a month with no bike! Still, no whinging, at least the tank was empty, hah, ya bastards. YOU fill it up.

Dover, your old bike was fantastic. It wasn't much under the cost of a new one but it was mint condition and you'd already broken the engine in. Can't tell you how gutted I am to have had it stolen...

The_Dover
28th October 2005, 14:45
Hey Luke,

I'm sad to hear some cunt has ripped you off, I'm a sentimental old git and knowing that my old bike has been robbed is not real nice. She gave me good service and I had a lot of fun on her. Reliable as fuck, never missed a beat. Keep your chin up, these fuckers will get there comeupance. Karma is a bitch and I'm sure she has red hair!! (no offence to any ginja ninjas out there my ex was one and had a temper like a hungover sgt major)

Not much more any of us can say or do unfortunately other than keep our eyes peeled and give ya a ride if you need one, come have a beer at Galbraiths at 6 tonight, my shout. I guarantee you'll feel better, well maybe need more than one!

I gotta give fish a battering first though.

Chin up and drink up.

metric
28th October 2005, 17:17
yep - sorry to hear that man - fucking shit! will keep an eye out for it

my girlfriend's car got nicked on symonds st last night too, between 9 & 10pm... a few 'fuck you's to the thieving pricks however:

* she was driving with no rego since June
* the car was due for a warrant in three weeks
* the car was definitely going to fail it's warrant
* it was only worth about 2 grand
* it had been stolen about three months prior, so it still didn't have much in there... no stereo etc

Bit gutted though - no wheels for her...

FUCKING THIEVES SHOULD BE STRUNG UP BY THEIR NUTS (assuming they are male... dunno how they should string up female thieves)

stify
28th October 2005, 17:49
that sucks dude, will also keep me eyes an ears open.