PDA

View Full Version : do the self confessed NON riders really belong here

bondagebunny
14th February 2004, 16:23
or "used to be" riders really belong here.

DebK
14th February 2004, 16:33
or "used to be" riders really belong here.
Edited my previous posting...
Now reads: Is this a serious debate topic or are you stirring?

wkid_one
14th February 2004, 16:45
PMPL - can't find anywhere on this site where it says you have to actually OWN a bike?

Plus - me is a rider as now have a bike in the garage - waaa hooooo

Zed
14th February 2004, 17:35
Edited my previous posting...
Now reads: Is this a serious debate topic or are you stirring?
O she'd be stirring me thinks! :mad:

Hypocritical considering she won't name the ficticious bike she rides?

Zed

LB
14th February 2004, 19:16
Plus - me is a rider as now have a bike in the garage - waaa hooooo
WWWEEEELLLLL????? What is it???? Do tell me wkid_one - very interested to know what it is.

wkid_one
14th February 2004, 20:25
LOL - it is a stump thumper I am 'bike sitting' for an extended period. YZF250

Yamahamaman
14th February 2004, 20:28
Surely you mean a YZ250F :eek5:

wkid_one
14th February 2004, 20:36
Yep - It is late, I am drinking and I have little keys and big fingers.

It is blue too, reminds me of my R1...........doesn't sound the same tho.......and I thought the front wheel came up easy on the R1....shit!

Jackrat
14th February 2004, 20:37
Hmmmm,could be a good question BUT,Consider this' I belong to the Triumph owners forem yet I don't own a Triumph.I was even invited to join the Triumph owners club just resently.This is because I have owned five Triumph motorcycles in the past and I still have a real interest in the bikes,I also will more than likely own them in the future.A 2004 T100 Bonieville certainly being on the short list.Membership of the triumph club is dependant on an interest in Triumph bikes,nothing else.This Site I see in much the same way.It is just a good place to come for anybody that has an interest in motorcycles.Lots of info,lots of support,lots of advice.We have a lot of people come on the site that don't own bikes,,,Big deal,They have an interest

Yamahamaman
14th February 2004, 20:41
Yep - It is late, I am drinking and I have little keys and big fingers.

It is blue too, reminds me of my R1...........doesn't sound the same tho.......and I thought the front wheel came up easy on the R1....shit!
He He yep it's late and I am making my way thru a 1125ml of Gin, but I still know what a YZF looks like :p

Kwaka-Kid
14th February 2004, 20:46
Well, i think once a biker always a biker in a way, they definatly belong here... they are a Rider, as they can/do ride bikes.. if wkid buys his own bike again then thats fine and hes always been a biker (and im sure this is not just pointed at you dan) its like smokers, who give up ten years then go back, are still and have always been smokers, just as the ones who have "given up" ten times before for ten days, and the ones that smoke every day. These people im sure either can ride, or are beginners wanting to learn how to ride (know of some of them too) and are here to learn and/or buy a bike on here etc. Your welcome in my eyes People who currently dont own a bike, and hey, going by that poll there are quite a few here that down even own there own bike! the bank does! :P.

wkid_one
14th February 2004, 20:51
I know what it looks like.....just not how to spell it.......they all do it differently....b'stards just to confuzzle you.

The R1 is a YZF1000R1-P yet the dirt is a YZ250F......

Isn't the GSXR actually a GSX1000R? fuck it who cares.....all I know is the trailie is fecken quick, sounds mint......and I have already fallen off it more times than my Road Bikes......and it doesn't float!!!

Yamahamaman
14th February 2004, 21:28
Well, i think once a biker always a biker in a way, they definatly belong here... they are a Rider, as they can/do ride bikes.. if wkid buys his own bike again then thats fine and hes always been a biker (and im sure this is not just pointed at you dan) its like smokers, who give up ten years then go back, are still and have always been smokers, just as the ones who have "given up" ten times before for ten days, and the ones that smoke every day. These people im sure either can ride, or are beginners wanting to learn how to ride (know of some of them too) and are here to learn and/or buy a bike on here etc. Your welcome in my eyes People who currently dont own a bike, and hey, going by that poll there are quite a few here that down even own there own bike! the bank does! :P.
Yup, I agree. Once you have your leg over and experienced that Hot Throbbing. Hell, it is an addiction that you just cannot kick :msn-wink:

wkid_one
14th February 2004, 23:33
Yup, I agree. Once you have your leg over and experienced that Hot Throbbing. Hell, it is an addiction that you just cannot kick :msn-wink:
Riding a bike is quite addictive as well

moko
15th February 2004, 04:21
I`ve had all this kind of thing on another site I use.It`s for "classic" bike riders.Mostly old Brit bike owners who got snotty at anyone else.So what`s a "classic bike" then?,got them all tied up on that one and finally got them to go with the fact that Brit junk dosnt have the monopoly on that tag.So then once it had opened up the same ones say who am I to be on their site because I ride a 3 year-old bike.Explained to them that in my years on bikes I`d ridden loads of the bikes the newer Jap bike members now owned and yes I could comment on Bonnevilles e.t.c. because my mates used to ride them so I do know what a heap of crap they were(the last ones at least when Triumph dug through the spares bin to finish them off)because I used to be the one ferrying owners of broken ones around and helping to find exhausts e.t.c. that had fallen off.A lot of these website guys had a nice shiny Bonny in their garage that they wheeled out in Summer for a few miles and treated like babies then cant understand someone coming along who`s seen what these things were really like in day to day use.Surely if you`ve got a hobby or an interst then anyone would be happy to share that enthusiasm with others considering taking it up.If you start saying"you dont ride so sod off" to people using the site then they might never ride,probably get the impression that bikers are a bunch of jerks and keep away.Similar thing,the site is called Kiwibiker(honest,take a look)but me and a few others here are definately not Kiwis,so isthat wrong too?the good thing about bikes is that they do come with a sense of comradeship(not so much in the U.K. now when Joe Wallet will stick his nose up because his bike costs more than yours),when I was in N.Z. probably spent as much time talking bikes with current and ex bikers than anything else,guys came over for a chat when I was around the bike e.t.c.Hopefully that`ll continue but it wont if people start to get elitist or look down on those not fortunate enough to have their own machine at the moment.

LB
15th February 2004, 06:22
Will keep a look-out for you shall we, or are you not riding it on the road (I don't know much about chook chaser models, I'm not even sure if it's a road legal model)

wkid_one
15th February 2004, 10:30
I am not licensed to ride any bike on the road.....

wkid_one
15th February 2004, 10:32
I`ve had all this kind of thing on another site I use.It`s for "classic" bike riders.Mostly old Brit bike owners who got snotty at anyone else.So what`s a "classic bike" then?,got them all tied up on that one and finally got them to go with the fact that Brit junk dosnt have the monopoly on that tag.So then once it had opened up the same ones say who am I to be on their site because I ride a 3 year-old bike.Explained to them that in my years on bikes I`d ridden loads of the bikes the newer Jap bike members now owned and yes I could comment on Bonnevilles e.t.c. because my mates used to ride them so I do know what a heap of crap they were(the last ones at least when Triumph dug through the spares bin to finish them off)because I used to be the one ferrying owners of broken ones around and helping to find exhausts e.t.c. that had fallen off.A lot of these website guys had a nice shiny Bonny in their garage that they wheeled out in Summer for a few miles and treated like babies then cant understand someone coming along who`s seen what these things were really like in day to day use.Surely if you`ve got a hobby or an interst then anyone would be happy to share that enthusiasm with others considering taking it up.If you start saying"you dont ride so sod off" to people using the site then they might never ride,probably get the impression that bikers are a bunch of jerks and keep away.Similar thing,the site is called Kiwibiker(honest,take a look)but me and a few others here are definately not Kiwis,so isthat wrong too?the good thing about bikes is that they do come with a sense of comradeship(not so much in the U.K. now when Joe Wallet will stick his nose up because his bike costs more than yours),when I was in N.Z. probably spent as much time talking bikes with current and ex bikers than anything else,guys came over for a chat when I was around the bike e.t.c.Hopefully that`ll continue but it wont if people start to get elitist or look down on those not fortunate enough to have their own machine at the moment.
Well said - not owning a bike, doesn't mean you aren't a rider. I don't own one at the moment (although have access to one) - but will own one again in about 12 months ('04 R1) without a shadow of a doubt.

This site should be as much about convincing non-riders to ride and for the riders themselves.

wari
17th February 2004, 01:27
Well said - not owning a bike, doesn't mean you aren't a rider...

This site should be as much about convincing non-riders to ride and for the riders themselves.

I'd have to agree with that ... the more the better ... so :)

SPman
17th February 2004, 08:12
(not so much in the U.K. now when Joe Wallet will stick his nose up because his bike costs more than yours),I think you get that anywhere, don't you. I've seen it happen here, as well. Perhaps just not on the same scale?

bungbung
17th February 2004, 09:43
I don't own one at the moment (although have access to one) - but will own one again in about 12 months ('04 R1) without a shadow of a doubt.

C'mon Wkid, can you just make up your mind?

Jetski ?
Car ?
Traillie ?
Racebike ?

Hey what about a road bike, perhaps another R1 :Pokey:

DEATH_INC.
17th February 2004, 15:25

Jetski ?
Car ?
Traillie ?
Racebike ?

:eek5: :lol: :lol:

What about one of these :scooter:

duckman
17th February 2004, 15:37
Yes they should - because if they were not allowed, what time limit woud we set between selling a bike and buying a new one before you were considered a "non-biker" ???

Bloody rediculous!! :moon:

wkid_one
17th February 2004, 17:19

Jetski ?
Car ?
Traillie ?
Racebike ?

ONly suspended for 12 months...so I can buy the R1 then....as for the trailie, this was kindly thrust upon me by a friend temporarily departing our fair shores,

Car is still happening - been test driving a few

Jetski - look at the fecken weather and tell me when summer is going to get here!

Coldkiwi
18th February 2004, 11:30
suspended? by the DR or the govt?

Lou Girardin
22nd February 2004, 21:01
It's like pulling teeth, but the truth is slowly coming out.
Lou