PDA

View Full Version : $1300.00 in fines... You $%^#$

Da Bird
28th October 2005, 18:14
Since my last post a few weeks ago about nearly being knocked off my police bike on Botany Road, it has been almost a DAILY occurence and I could have started several more "boring" threads about near misses.

Well it happened again today. I'm riding the work bike (not small) down Moore Street, Howick, headlight AND riding lights on (for those blind people) and this young fella, on his restricted licence, carrying a passenger (not holding a full licence), decides he aint waiting to turn into a side street.

He turns in front of me, severely cuts the corner (drives across the painted STOP lines of the side road) and takes off. I brake hard (coz I'm gonna get this prick) and stop him up the road.

This guy is about to get tickets for everything I can find and find I did. I managed to give him $1300.00 worth. Payable within 28 days. Thanks for coming.

And his excuse - I didn't see you. (surprise, surprise) Although I could have almost believed him since a condition on his licence was to wear correcting lenses and his glasses were on the back seat of his car!

I've decided to upgrade my disability insurance coz I'm sure one of these pricks is going to connect with me one day.

BC.

WINJA
28th October 2005, 18:23
IF HE DRIVES LIKE THAT WHEN A COP IS AROUND JUST IMAGINE HOW HE TREATS THE REST OF US ON THE ROAD , ITS HARD WORK ON MY MAGIC CAUSE NO ONE GIVES YOU RESPECT TILL YOU TAKE IT FROM THEM , IE KICK IN THEIR DOOR OR BREAK OFF THEIR MIRROR

crashe
28th October 2005, 18:26
And his excuse - I didn't see you. (surprise, surprise) Although I could have almost believed him since a condition on his licence was to wear correcting lenses and his glasses were on the back seat of his car!

Well I hope you threw that charge at him as well...
cos under his license conditions, is that he wears them when driving....

Good on you... :spudwave: :spudwave:

Glad you are ok and didnt get hit.

Zed
28th October 2005, 18:26
This guy is about to get tickets for everything I can find and find I did. I managed to give him $1300.00 worth. Payable within 28 days. Thanks for coming. Ouch!! Normally I would say that is a rather harsh penalty, but because it's coming from you BC I reckon he deserved it. Will he learn from it though? I suppose the higher the fine the longer it will take him to pay off and think about his irresponsible actions. :doh:

Colapop
28th October 2005, 18:27
Good work BC. I got a little ticket for not wearing my seatbelt the other day. My bad. You guys have it hard enough without Cageys trying to spalt ya!

k14
28th October 2005, 18:30
Good stuff bykey. It pisses me off when i hear of people driving with restricted licences getting pulled up whilst breaking multiple conditions and then getting let off. Then a few weeks later we hear about a car full of kids being driven around by someone on their learners or restricted of which half of them die. Don't know why cops are so lienient to restricted drivers when they should hit them with the full force of the law.

Good stuff man.

MSTRS
28th October 2005, 18:35
Good stuff bykey. It pisses me off when i hear of people driving with restricted licences getting pulled up whilst breaking multiple conditions and then getting let off. Then a few weeks later we hear about a car full of kids being driven around by someone on their learners or restricted of which half of them die. Don't know why cops are so lienient to restricted drivers when they should hit them with the full force of the law.

Good stuff man.
Absolutely....it's us experienced peoples that should be sent off with a nod & a wink, innit?

Scorpygirl
28th October 2005, 18:44
Far Out!!!! :argh: Glad your OK BC. Hope the guy pays up and has learnt a lesson!!! :headbang:

mstriumph
28th October 2005, 18:53
glad you went after him :niceone:

Suney
28th October 2005, 18:58
Good job!
You want to break down what the fines were for?
$400 passenger
$400 no specs?
$200 dangerous driving?

Zapf
28th October 2005, 19:04
ouch... I assume that would be worth about 1/2 his car?

Harsh... but they need to learn a lesson about respect and driving like a fu#$ wi$@.

DemonWolf
28th October 2005, 19:19
Its unbelieveable sometimes when joe public tells ya that they didn't see a Police Bike... Well he wasn't wearing the corrective lenses.. shouldn't that be loss of licence?

Da Bird
28th October 2005, 19:28
Good job!
You want to break down what the fines were for?
$400 passenger
$400 no specs?
$200 dangerous driving?

$400.00 restricted driver carries unauthorised passenger.
$400.00 Breach of Licence condition (not wearing glasses)
$150.00 Cutting corner in 50km/hr zone
$150.00 Failing to Give Way to vehicle not turning
$200.00 Expired WOF.

riffer
28th October 2005, 19:35
What? No theft of oxygen? :rolleyes:

What's to be this fellow is on skylinesdownunder.com winging about the copper who nailed him.

Good on ya BC. People not giving way deserves far more attention than it gets. :2thumbsup

A question - does this amount of tickets count in any way towards a longer time to getting a full licence? If not, whyever not?

Zed
28th October 2005, 19:39
$200.00 Expired WOF.:killingme :killingme :killingme ...sorry but that last one just cracked me up!

hazard02
28th October 2005, 19:59
aside from the risks you may possibly have the greatest job ever...

Zed
28th October 2005, 20:02
aside from the risks you may possibly have the greatest job ever...O come one, EVERYONE knows that! The main reason for hatred towards cops is jealousy - eh WHINGER!! :msn-wink:

SPORK
28th October 2005, 20:16
$200.00 Expired WOF.
Good work!

One question though, did the cage have a big bore exhaust??

SlowHand
28th October 2005, 21:46
Attempted murder? Man, you'd think if someone's breaking their licence conditions they would behave like their balls are linked with the battery.

Timber020
28th October 2005, 22:09
I just had the most wonderful dream of being able to fine people that cut me off, I could keep a small african nation financed some days..........

Phenoix
28th October 2005, 22:18
See if the members a KB can become honerary sheriffs for the day.
Should set Spankme and the site up for life.
Plus be an execellent way to piss of some cagers :finger:

R6_kid
28th October 2005, 22:42
first read the title and thought you had been a naughty copper!!!

good stop tho, lucky he didnt take you out!

SuperDave
28th October 2005, 22:56
Awesome. Maybe he will decide to lookout for bikes from now on as it cost him shitloads last time 'he didn't see you'.

NotaGoth
28th October 2005, 23:17
Or maybeeeeeeeeee....... mum and dad will step in and pay fines and he won't learn anything from the experience... It happens! :mellow:

Brian d marge
28th October 2005, 23:21
Well I have to agree with you there ,,,,I mean even if you were kind hearted and pointed out the errors of his driving ...it all added up,,,and if he is that stupid then he deserves the book thrown at him ..from a great height ...

Stephen

aff-man
29th October 2005, 07:12
Ahh yes moore street.....

Good on ya mate. Was he driving "daddy's" car?? There are a few guys around here who do and think they own the road. Idiots. Glad you didn't get hit.

Didn't see you?? Don't you guys wear flouro gear, have huuuge headlights and a great big whopping white bike with more flouro???

Da Bird
29th October 2005, 10:56
Ahh yes moore street.....

Good on ya mate. Was he driving "daddy's" car?? There are a few guys around here who do and think they own the road. Idiots. Glad you didn't get hit.

Didn't see you?? Don't you guys wear flouro gear, have huuuge headlights and a great big whopping white bike with more flouro???

Driving mummy's car ("I didn't know about the warrant, it's my mum's car").

Yip, had the fluoro vest on, headlights and riding lights on and still decided to take his chances....

NC
29th October 2005, 11:12
It's Howick!
Full of bad driving wankers <_<

BTW, Hehehe Good on yah dude :D

Bonez
29th October 2005, 11:21
:killingme :killingme :killingme ...sorry but that last one just cracked me up!The fact is tosser probably isn't going to pay up in 28 days. Should be instant overnight stay in a nice cosy cell as well.................

sunhuntin
29th October 2005, 11:26
good on ya, bc. might slow him down some

QUOTE: Timber020 I just had the most wonderful dream of being able to fine people that cut me off, I could keep a small african nation financed some days..........

that would be lovely! imagine how many cagers wed be stopping though!

SPman
29th October 2005, 12:49
So why is failing to give way to a vehicle going straight ahead such a minor fine, when it could have the most serious consequences!
The number of people (most) who cut corners, also really pisses me off - they seem to think, if they dont turn early,the corner will get away from them, or something........:rolleyes:

Patrick
29th October 2005, 12:55
So why is failing to give way to a vehicle going straight ahead such a minor fine, when it could have the most serious consequences!
The number of people (most) who cut corners, also really pisses me off - they seem to think, if they dont turn early,the corner will get away from them, or something........:rolleyes:

Too right...especially for bikers!!! Good one BC...shame you aren't on commission??? Could have shouted!!!

Da Bird
29th October 2005, 12:56
Too right...especially for bikers!!! Good one BC...shame you aren't on commission??? Could have shouted!!!

Mate, if I was on commission, I would have retired a couple of years ago!

Biff
29th October 2005, 13:09
Wooohoooo. Can some clever sod please clone BK and send some of this offspring down this way?

Good work :niceone:

stocky
29th October 2005, 13:18
bikey cop have u ever had a cager try to outrun u on ur bike? chance of him actually gettin away would pretty slim if i assume correctly??

hope he dont tick it up with the courts gotta hate the ignorant cagers who dont look for defenseless law abiding bikers within the law

Waylander
29th October 2005, 13:23
Well I hope you threw that charge at him as well...
cos under his license conditions, is that he wears them when driving....

Good on you... :spudwave: :spudwave:

Glad you are ok and didnt get hit.
Extra $400 just for that.

A question though can you be charged for multiple offences under one charge at the same time?

Restricted with passenger and without corrective lenses both fit under breach of liscence conditions.

inlinefour
29th October 2005, 13:24
Throw the book at him. Might be the difference between the offender carrying on that way or learning and not killing some poor sod on a motocycle.

gamgee
29th October 2005, 13:26
good on ya, bc. might slow him down some

QUOTE: Timber020 I just had the most wonderful dream of being able to fine people that cut me off, I could keep a small african nation financed some days..........

that would be lovely! imagine how many cagers wed be stopping though!
haha yeah would be fun with the boy racers, i could make a few fines up on the spot, "right you, your exhaust is too shiny" "you stupid paint job" "homejob tints" "mags on a civic, instant loss of licence" makes me want to join the force, weeeell not really... then i'd feel obliged to keep to a sensible speed :sweatdrop

sunhuntin
29th October 2005, 14:46
naw, just volunteer for high speed chases. on the bike youd be able to follow pretty darn close...just have to make sure you dont lane split and run right past whoever your after. :niceone:

yes, if we could hand out fines, id be able to hand out tickets while at work to all the boy racers who hang around for no good reason....idiots who go way too fast in the underground carpark when who knows whats going to step out from beside that car there?

inlinefour
29th October 2005, 15:11
Green rep for that man :niceone:

awesker
29th October 2005, 16:17
This guy is about to get tickets for everything I can find and find I did. I managed to give him $1300.00 worth. Payable within 28 days. Thanks for coming.

HAHA that is so ruthless, I love it! serves the guy right I think, how many times do I see people pull stupid shit and nothing ever gets done about it. Nice work imo BC!

Lou Girardin
29th October 2005, 16:24
Why didn't you do him for careless? At least there's a chance of getting his licence plucked.

Da Bird
29th October 2005, 16:48
Why didn't you do him for careless? At least there's a chance of getting his licence plucked.

Coz he would be lucky to get a $400.00 fine for that and I've never seen anyone lose their licence for Careless.

Colapop
29th October 2005, 16:54
Coz he would be lucky to get a $400.00 fine for that and I've never seen anyone lose their licence for Careless.

How much more would it have taken to impound the car on the spot? Could what he did be classed as dangerous driving?

Da Bird
29th October 2005, 16:55
Extra $400 just for that.

A question though can you be charged for multiple offences under one charge at the same time?

Restricted with passenger and without corrective lenses both fit under breach of liscence conditions.

Good question... it depends.

In this case, yes, because they are 2 separate offences - carrying a passenger and not wearing glasses. However, there is a thing called double dipping which is charging someone twice for basically the same thing, eg, unsafe lane change and Careless Driving - you pick one and run with it.

Also, if you are on your restricted and carrying three unauthorised passengers, you could theoretically get a ticket with 3 charges of Restricted Driver Carries Unauthorised Passenger - $1200.00. I've never done it but threaten to do it to the loudmouths.

BC

Da Bird
29th October 2005, 17:00
How much more would it have taken to impound the car on the spot? Could what he did be classed as dangerous driving?

Yeah, it would possibly have fitted into the dangerous category but with a minimum 6 months loss of licence attached to it, I didn't consider it so bad that it was really necessary. I do have a heart sometimes!

Colapop
29th October 2005, 17:10
I suppose the thing is, it's very much part of the tall poppy thing in NZ. I mean, how many people on here have said "Yeah, way to go. Bust his arse" and then gone out and doen something equally as stupid or worse (although not in front of a BC)?
You gotta a tough job, buddy. You sound fair enough to do it right though.

Oakie
29th October 2005, 20:00
$200.00 Expired WOF.

Ha.
I got done for carrying a passenger on a restricted licence and it cost me $20. Of course that was in 1978.

Cibby
30th October 2005, 01:49
hehe mint

thanks for the break down on the costs of various discrepencies against the law.

I might even put on my L plate for a while.. hahaha

Serioulsy thou.. i wanna be a biker cop when i grow up..

But does that mean i have to behave??

How big are biker cop bikes?? One milllion CC's??

NO?? Why not?? Do you get Ghostrider training courses?? He is scary and yet awesome..

Gremlin
30th October 2005, 01:55
Cibby, I have seen BC's bike up close. Its huge. Like a bazillion times bigger than yours. I doubt you would be able to keep the thing up if sitting on it (I'd doubt myself as well).

Then again, IIRC, Martin, you aren't a very big guy are you??

Glad there are cops like you Martin, you seem to be fair, have the right focus on tickets (i.e. the real issues that can save people) and a bike cop on top of that :niceone:

BC: Fighting the negative flak of cops near an intersection near you :done:

Indiana_Jones
30th October 2005, 01:55
You weren't the policeman on a Bike that pulled me and my mates over on friday night on queen street were you?

we had footloose playing loud :D

-Indy

Cibby
30th October 2005, 01:58
Cibby, I have seen BC's bike up close. Its huge. Like a bazillion times bigger than yours. I doubt you would be able to keep the thing up if sitting on it (I'd doubt myself as well).

BC: Fighting the negative flak of cops near an intersection near you :done:

Is that then considered discrimination?? haha.

You make a very good point Gremlin, i'm just little.. maybe they can make a special cibby cop bike... like a 600 gsxr with a turbo so i can outride and destroy those lil boy racer fuckers... oh yeah..

*cough

i mean adequatly enforce the law whilst not making an arse of myself by dropping my million kilo million cc bike....

Gremlin
30th October 2005, 02:15
I have to say, having seen it, if you are a decent rider on a thou, that leviathan could not keep up, especially in traffic. Its powerful, but carries radio, panniers of gear etc. (BC would perhaps know just a little more...). Then again, with air support, they wouldn't need to.

hmm... imagine how many stories of cops abusing privileges (ie speeding) there would be then eh (headline: bike cop speed trapped at 250km/h)? And when you caught up, what exactly would you do? Ram them off the road?

:rofl: "A special cibby cop bike" :rofl:

Cibby
30th October 2005, 02:23
I have to say, having seen it, if you are a decent rider on a thou, that leviathan could not keep up, especially in traffic. Its powerful, but carries radio, panniers of gear etc. (BC would perhaps know just a little more...). Then again, with air support, they wouldn't need to.

hmm... imagine how many stories of cops abusing privileges (ie speeding) there would be then eh (headline: bike cop speed trapped at 250km/h)? And when you caught up, what exactly would you do? Ram them off the road?

:rofl: "A special cibby cop bike" :rofl:

i will not ram them.. that is undignified,, will ruin my paint and potentionally stratch my leathers..

I will simply fire a missile at them from my tank mounted missle laucher on my "Special Cibby Cop Bike" aimed at the front right wheel effectivly disabling their driving ability.

And that would be a simple rego check.. imagine what i would do if they were speeding.. MUAHHAHAHAHHAAHA

Damn Straight..

I will also get a "Special Cibby Biker Cop Uniform" as well.. :devil2:

Gremlin
30th October 2005, 02:31
:shit: let your imagination run wild... and err... do tell??

Wait, there are little children about, private might be better. And you would no longer need the missiles. Sorry, all spent on your non-existant uniform (slight modification ya see...). Anyway, you would still take them off the road.

In fact, we wouldn't even need air support. More ambulances for the "collateral damage" wolf?:whistle: :devil2:

Cibby
30th October 2005, 02:38
:shit: let your imagination run wild... and err... do tell??

Wait, there are little children about, private might be better. And you would no longer need the missiles. Sorry, all spent on your non-existant uniform (slight modification ya see...). Anyway, you would still take them off the road.

In fact, we wouldn't even need air support. More ambulances for the "collateral damage" wolf?:whistle: :devil2:

geeze what is up with guys and chicks in uniform.

For your dirty minds information i was talking about tight tailored leather's in cop colours as they current stuff they wear looks like crap...

Ohhh.. "Special Cibby Biker Cop Leathers"

Even better.. :devil2:

Gremilin behave... otherwise i'll have to open my "Special Cibby Cob Bike Flame Thrower" on your arse..

Gremlin
30th October 2005, 02:44
oh... *nervous laugh* of course... I knew that. Thought it was a repeat of your other leather ideas... the children prevent me from disclosing of course... that, and I'm a gentleman.

Any of thoughts would be good. Enough anyway for me to want you to pull me over :lol:

Is the SCCBFT patented?? First gotta catch me... and I don't mind getting caught :rofl: :devil2:

Cibby
30th October 2005, 02:55
oh... *nervous laugh* of course... I knew that. Thought it was a repeat of your other leather ideas... the children prevent me from disclosing of course... that, and I'm a gentleman.

Any of thoughts would be good. Enough anyway for me to want you to pull me over :lol:

Is the SCCBFT patented?? First gotta catch me... and I don't mind getting caught :rofl: :devil2:

haha... i never did get othese other leather ideas off postie.. dammit..

Yes the SCCBFT is patented...

my Special Cibby Cop Bike is a 600cc turbo.. ofcourse i will catch you..

and then i will arrest you with the Special Cibby Biker Cop Arresting Thingie...

:angry:

Gremlin
30th October 2005, 03:03
and then i will arrest you with the Special Cibby Biker Cop Arresting Thingie...
Handcuffs?? Go right ahead, wanna take turns?? I'll wear them, then you wear them for a bit and so on...

Ok, must stop abusing poor people's threads... bad little Gremlin, go play with people's machinery instead :devil2:

parsley
30th October 2005, 03:06
Serioulsy thou.. i wanna be a biker cop when i grow up..
Awww, isn't she cute. When I was her age I wanted to be a lumberjack...

Cibby
30th October 2005, 03:06
Handcuffs?? Go right ahead, wanna take turns?? I'll wear them, then you wear them for a bit and so on...

Ok, must stop abusing poor people's threads... bad little Gremlin, go play with people's machinery instead :devil2:\

The Special Cibby Biker Cop Arresting Things have furry bits so they dont hurt...

beucase i'm a nice "Special Cibby Biker Cop

Xtat1k
30th October 2005, 07:28
Just remember his car, and if in a bad mood just have some fun lol, maybe ehe'll learn. :niceone:

Dafe
30th October 2005, 07:41
Yep, It's scary when these young guys that own the roads - make their own rules! Good stuff Bikey Cop. :niceone: Thats one hell of a reality check.
Only thing is, I hope it ain't his parents wearing the fine.

Beemer
30th October 2005, 10:13
Talk about poetic justice - how many times have you seen someone do something stupid and thought "where's a cop when you need one?" I wish I had witnessed that, it would have been so rewarding!

Macktheknife
30th October 2005, 10:33

I have seen those....very sexy units they are too! Although I thought they would be a bit drafty with no crotch in them, AND those tiny little 1/4 cup thingies would be quite chilly too wouldnt they? I especially liked the little whip thingy that was cool. :chase: :cold: :buggerd: :buggerd:

mikey
30th October 2005, 11:01
Green rep for that man :niceone:

no. even though reds the new green. you get RED for that.

he only breached his licence conditions once.

your a cunt, rot in hell you fine writting wank./ what a power trip eh, writting out some kid 1300 bucks of fines.

can you not make it in the real word, need a badge to hide behind?

HenryDorsetCase
30th October 2005, 11:34
What'll probably happen is the fucktard wont pay, and will just keep driving, like the jerk I read about in the paper last week who had over $20k outstanding. He just kept driving and getting recycled in and out of the prison system. fucker.

when will cullen issue my state approved shotgun, and subsidised ammunition so I can make a real difference to those statistics?

HenryDorsetCase
30th October 2005, 11:36

your a cunt, rot in hell you fine writting wank./ what a power trip eh, writting out some kid 1300 bucks of fines.

you are a twat!

did you read the post? he nearly got nailed by some spotty herbert and gave him a (legal) seeing to, which sounds absolutely deserved.

Da Bird
30th October 2005, 11:59

At least in my world, I use correct grammar and can spell. Go back to school.

SARGE
30th October 2005, 12:05
haha yeah would be fun with the boy racers, i could make a few fines up on the spot, "right you, your exhaust is too shiny" "you stupid paint job" "homejob tints" "mags on a civic, instant loss of licence" makes me want to join the force, weeeell not really... then i'd feel obliged to keep to a sensible speed :sweatdrop

"oi!.. headlight's broken"

"no its not..!!"

[SMASH!]..

"yup..sure is..tail light too.."

"HEY!!"

[SMASH]

Indiana_Jones
30th October 2005, 12:13

"no its not..!!"

[SMASH!]..

"HEY!!"

[SMASH]

you read my mind lol

'Got a tail light out'
'Where?'
'Riiiiiiight there *smash*'

oh yea, Bykey cop, what's the secret signal was give you if u pull us over in a cage, u know, so u can get us off the hook :D
something like 'IGGY-PIGGATY-BOO!'?

-Indy

The Stranger
30th October 2005, 13:07
Good work BC.

Kinda F&%k's you up don't it.
I get pissed off getting a ticket myself for doing 93kmh towing a trailer (no there wasn't more to it) and don't wish it on others yet I am real happy that you nailed this jerk and hope you get the rest of them.

pritch
30th October 2005, 13:44
$200.00 Expired WOF.

A then new PC of my aquaintance late one night finds a guy parked by the sea, naked in his car, with girlie pics and a towel. Young budding detective was not convinced this guy was going for a swim.

He got out his notebook and while thinking what he would write he realised there was no way he wanted to get up in court and read this stuff out. So he checked the vehicle over and gave the guy a ticket for, you guessed it...
Expired WOF.

parsley
30th October 2005, 14:45

So what's he supposed to do, pat the kid on the head and tell him not to do it again? It's his job to stop people who break the law. The fact that he enjoyed it a little more than usual is just one of the perks of the job.

We've all had run ins with coppers who are either jobsworthy or just plain wankers. But most of them are just average people doing a hard job under difficult circumstances. Good on ya!

Indoo
30th October 2005, 15:21

Yeh I mean its not like bikers ever get killed or maimed by drivers just like this is it?

Maybe when he cuts in front of you sending you over the bonnet, into hospital and a years rehab you might change your opinion that idiots like this should be let off

Blackbird
30th October 2005, 15:44
Way to go Martin :not: :not: :not:

I hope his Mummy takes a bit of 4x2 to him.

I hpoe mikey had his tongue firmly planted in his cheek with that outburst. It must be bad enough dealing with other foul-mouthed members of the knuckle-dragging public without having a fellow biker serve that crap up too.

Cheers :niceone:

Geoff

Lou Girardin
31st October 2005, 08:11

"no its not..!!"

[SMASH!]..

"HEY!!"

[SMASH]

That'd be a bit risky with all the video phones around now. Technology eh. Spoils all the fun.

texmo
31st October 2005, 08:54
IF HE DRIVES LIKE THAT WHEN A COP IS AROUND JUST IMAGINE HOW HE TREATS THE REST OF US ON THE ROAD , ITS HARD WORK ON MY MAGIC CAUSE NO ONE GIVES YOU RESPECT TILL YOU TAKE IT FROM THEM , IE KICK IN THEIR DOOR OR BREAK OFF THEIR MIRROR
My scooter has a glove box tray just under the handel bars filled with spark plugs for easy access.... :niceone:

Patrick
31st October 2005, 13:36
I hpoe mikey had his tongue firmly planted in his cheek with that outburst. It must be bad enough dealing with other foul-mouthed members of the knuckle-dragging public without having a fellow biker serve that crap up too.

Cheers :niceone:

Geoff

Was hard to tell, wasn't it? I thought he was being serious for a moment. Geez Mikey, nice one... :niceone: :laugh: :killingme :slap:

Take up standing comedy...what a clown... Release a CD for Christmas???

judgeshock
31st October 2005, 13:48
Good for you my man, sounds like he got everything he deserved. :chase:

Sniper
31st October 2005, 14:18
He deserved it.

NodMan
31st October 2005, 16:32
aside from the risks you may possibly have the greatest job ever...

Na HE hasn't.... I have!!!!( ya still ridin a beema eh bikie!!!)

shit now I'll have to go back to Helenland and do my two days penance on a beema....still if Im a good lil piglet I can come back to jaffaland and good old Mr hondasans toy

I thought the commission we get is a new bike for every thousand boyracers that we pink sticker...isnt it????

mikey
31st October 2005, 18:52
Yeh I mean its not like bikers ever get killed or maimed by drivers just like this is it?

Maybe when he cuts in front of you sending you over the bonnet, into hospital and a years rehab you might change your opinion that idiots like this should be let off

nah wong. when someon cuts in front of me tinker bell will save me.

i have an issue with the 1300 dollars of fines. two 400 for the same breach of conditions. if i was the so called "muppet" id drag bikercop homo into cvourt an see him dicked by the judge.

an byker would most likely not be let off revenue gathering an id be off free.

there are shit drivers out there, got to deal with it, not be a cop an do the power trip issuing as much fines as possible. if it was really bad, should of done him for careless, but he would get off that becasue byker wouldnt turn up in court becaseu hes out revenue gathering, so hed get off it. so bykercop sticks with the instant fines.

homo/.

Blackbird
31st October 2005, 18:57
Wonder if Murder of the English Language carries a life term? :whistle:

SARGE
31st October 2005, 20:40
Cibby, I have seen BC's bike up close. Its huge. Like a bazillion times bigger than yours.

i'v RIDDEN BC's cop bike ( before it was BC's of course..) good mate of mine works for the BMW dealership that they came through..

i wouldnt want to be up against one of those things ..plus the fact that BC and his mates spend 8-10 hours in the saddle every day .. damn good riders they are..props to you guys

( that was me on the NW getting off at Western Springs with the beep and wave the other morning by the way..)

Patrick
1st November 2005, 14:19

i have an issue with the 1300 dollars of fines. two 400 for the same breach of conditions. if i was the so called "muppet" id drag bikercop homo into cvourt an see him dicked by the judge.

there are shit drivers out there, got to deal with it, not be a cop an do the power trip issuing as much fines as possible. if it was really bad, should of done him for careless, but he would get off that becasue byker wouldnt turn up in court becaseu hes out revenue gathering, so hed get off it. so bykercop sticks with the instant fines.

homo/.

Go MIkey... :weird: :tugger: (and in that order...). 2 foir the same breach??? What are you smokin? Read what they were for, you will find they aren't the "same breach"....or are you being "funny" again??? :doh: Got me again, you bugger...

judgeshock
1st November 2005, 14:28
Wow thats the biggest load of crap i have heard for awhile. :mega: :tugger:

Lou Girardin
1st November 2005, 14:45
I wish I could do 'stream of unconsiousness' like mikey.

spudchucka
1st November 2005, 18:54
I'll take the heat off BC and say that the most I've dished out to one loser was $2400. And I don't give a fuck what Mikey has to say about it.

mikey
1st November 2005, 20:35
spuds another cop power tripper. all he needs is drugs an love an he'd be alright....but he had to turn to the police.

reckon it was him that knocked me off my bike in palmy cause he couldn catch me proper.

bykey cop says " i fined him $400 for a breach of his restriced licence condition on for not wearing his glasses"
then says " i fined him $400 for a breach of his restriced licence condition on for having a passenger without his full"" an then has the cheek to say hed give out another 400 for each person. any judge would haul his ass through the coals an then spit chilli peppers an salt at it.

when i do get caught for exceeding 70k on my learners an riding a slightly to big bike, if the cop tries giving me two 400 dollar fines ill take him to court. an like i said, he will be to busy out revenue gathering an ill get off, or the judge will haul his ass.

parsley
1st November 2005, 20:41
when i do get caught for exceeding 70k on my learners an riding a slightly to big bike, if the cop tries giving me two 400 dollar fines ill take him to court. an like i said, he will be to busy out revenue gathering an ill get off, or the judge will haul his ass.
Yeah, God forbid you might have to pay for breaking the law.

Indoo
1st November 2005, 23:11

Judges may be soft, but they aren't quite that pathetic yet, they are clearly two seperate offences. The only thing taking it to court will do is mean you will pay court costs and possibly a harsher penalty.

Da Bird
1st November 2005, 23:39

:clap: I'm in Wellington next week for a few days... :yeah:
I'll be sure to look out for your :scooter: . Then there'll be :crybaby:

BC.

SARGE
2nd November 2005, 06:37

BC.

oooops... STRIP SEARCH!! :Oops:

judgeshock
2nd November 2005, 06:45
spuds another cop power tripper. all he needs is drugs an love an he'd be alright....but he had to turn to the police.

reckon it was him that knocked me off my bike in palmy cause he couldn catch me proper.

bykey cop says " i fined him $400 for a breach of his restriced licence condition on for not wearing his glasses"
then says " i fined him $400 for a breach of his restriced licence condition on for having a passenger without his full"" an then has the cheek to say hed give out another 400 for each person. any judge would haul his ass through the coals an then spit chilli peppers an salt at it.

Wow an angry man who doesnt want to have a licence. I guess when he sat it he winged it because im sure it sets out all the rules of the road quite clearly in the road coad. :doctor:

Colapop
2nd November 2005, 07:52

homo/.
You know, I don't want to just get on here an abuse the crap out of anyone. In this forum, serious issues tend to be debated with a relative sense of balance. In this case an issue that happened to a biker (police officer or not) has been brought to the attention of all who inhabit here. There is bound to be an opposing view or views.

Questions for Mikey;

a) Why does society (in NZ) have laws?
b) Does BC make the laws or is he paid (in the normal course of his work) to uphold the law as it is written?
c) If there were not instant fines available wouldn't that mean that the courts system would have to deal with a larger number of cases meaning it would require a lot more revenue to run, thus requiring more revenue to be gathered from the general public?
d) How bad is "really bad"? Is this term highly subjective to each individual?
e) How old are you? This is not intended as an ageist question but to gauge a general view of the issues that you are confronting from your point of view.

Questions for Byckey Cop;

a) Are you required (by law) to uphold the laws of NZ to ensure the safety of all NZ people in the course of your normal daily duties?
b) How much extra time would it take for you to arrest each person commiting an offense and process that person at the station, each day?
c) Are you required as a police officer to excercise discretion during the course of your daily duties? ie. Do you give out warnings if a warning would suffice (instead of a fine or arrest)?
d) Do you have or have you ever had homosexual tendancies? This question is in response to the phrase homo (ref. homosexual) used by "mikey" in his comment earlier.
Please answer these questions truthfully and honestly so that we (the forum) may gain an accurate understanding of both views expressed here.

HenryDorsetCase
2nd November 2005, 08:46
i have an issue with the 1300 dollars of fines. two 400 for the same breach of conditions. if i was the so called "muppet" id drag bikercop homo into cvourt an see him dicked by the judge..

I cant believe youre so thick.... in fact its pretty obvious you are just trolling, but for the record, there were TWO OFFENCES, thus resulting in TWO breaches.

FFS dont you get that?

and if dickless did take it to court, maybe you should be a character witness for him? then the Judge, the clerk, the assembled hordes of badasses, and a few stressed lawyers could all get a giggle.

sheesh....

Fart
2nd November 2005, 09:16
$200.00 Expired WOF.

Would have given the person 50% discount if she was a hot bloond babe with large D cup breast? :done:

inlinefour
2nd November 2005, 10:02

You must have two dicks, cause you can't be this stupid playing with just one... :baby: :stupid: :finger:

Colapop
2nd November 2005, 10:15
..your a cunt, rot in hell you fine writting wank./ what a power trip eh, writting out some kid 1300 bucks of fines.

Sorry I just can't get over this guy. Give him a Darwin award FFS.

Yeah I know, DA's are awarded posthumously. At the rate that this guy's going it won't be long....

Da Bird
2nd November 2005, 10:20
Questions for Byckey Cop;

a) Are you required (by law) to uphold the laws of NZ to ensure the safety of all NZ people in the course of your normal daily duties?
b) How much extra time would it take for you to arrest each person commiting an offense and process that person at the station, each day?
c) Are you required as a police officer to excercise discretion during the course of your daily duties? ie. Do you give out warnings if a warning would suffice (instead of a fine or arrest)?
d) Do you have or have you ever had homosexual tendancies? This question is in response to the phrase homo (ref. homosexual) used by "mikey" in his comment earlier.
Please answer these questions truthfully and honestly so that we (the forum) may gain an accurate understanding of both views expressed here.

a) Yes
b) At least 2 hours
c) There is always an element of discretion, depending on the circumstances. If there are several offences, I often give a ticket for one or two and then warnings for the rest. However in this case, I did not feel any warnings were warranted.
d) No, never (but thanks for asking). We do have homophobia training in the police though so I do have awareness of the issues that Mikey may be facing.

BC.

Lou Girardin
2nd November 2005, 10:27
a) Yes
b) At least 2 hours
c) There is always an element of discretion, depending on the circumstances. If there are several offences, I often give a ticket for one or two and then warnings for the rest. However in this case, I did not feel any warnings were warranted.
d) No, never (but thanks for asking). We do have homophobia training in the police though so I do have awareness of the issues that Mikey may be facing.

BC.

They train cops to be homophobes?
This must create 'issues' for some.

Da Bird
2nd November 2005, 10:32
They train cops to be homophobes?
This must create 'issues' for some.

No, they train us in issues faced by gay and lesbian people in the community (and the police) to make us aware of these issues.

Toast
2nd November 2005, 10:38
b) Does BC make the laws or is he paid (in the normal course of his work) to uphold the law as it is written?

Neither. He's paid to maintain public safety, which requires judgement that the print in a statute can never define. The law is written to back him up when he needs to exercise this judgement. In the case of a meathead like the guy he pinged here, he used his weapons well in my opinion 'cos the guy clearly displayed actions that could lead to harm or death of another at any time.

Other cases may not warrant such harsh action, but in this case BC has hopefully helped the dumb young prick to have a think about his errors (though I still think the law should put pricks like this through some readily accessible kind of training...not blaming BC for that though).

Lou Girardin
2nd November 2005, 10:55
No, they train us in issues faced by gay and lesbian people in the community (and the police) to make us aware of these issues.

Oi'll beef hooked.
Just as well I never tried to join the Pleece, I wouldn't have a hope in hell of passing the exam.
Is it practical or theory?

Colapop
2nd November 2005, 10:59
...though I still think the law should put pricks like this through some readily accessible kind of training...not blaming BC for that though.

Herein lies the the true crux of the matter as expressed so gutterally by mikey;
Is it the law that is at fault or the person paid to enforce the law?

Or as I suspect is the law that was applied in this case quite straightforward and the complaints levelled have no basis other than in sour grapes? ("I was only going 70k (in a 50k zone) on a bike a little bit bigger than allowed")

Toast
2nd November 2005, 11:07
Herein lies the the true crux of the matter as expressed so gutterally by mikey;
Is it the law that is at fault or the person paid to enforce the law?

Or as I suspect is the law that was applied in this case quite straightforward and the complaints levelled have no basis other than in sour grapes? ("I was only going 70k (in a 50k zone) on a bike a little bit bigger than allowed")

I think that's still slightly missing my point (not saying that my point would not be contended with normally)...

but that last part still assumes that the law must be enforced to the letter...if he's doing 70k in a 50k zone with no other traffic, parked cars, entrances from other streets, pedestrians, etc....basically absolutely nothing that will make 70k more dangerous than 50k (accepting that there's 'danger' inherent in doing any and everything)...then fuck what some bureaucrat who had no idea that the specific situation at hand would have to be dealt with by a cop said...apply common sense...

in BC's case...the guy was being a c#$^ and endangering everyone (while under the notorious 'speed limit'), specifically BC...so fine judgement applied in smoking his ass :niceone:

Swoop
2nd November 2005, 11:13
Good on ya! NZ has enough un-curteous and dangerous drivers to start with.
Did he have his seeing-eye dog in the passenger seat with him???

Patrick
2nd November 2005, 14:11

There it is again...two seperate breaches...it'll be your ass, not his, plus court costs, thanks for coming. (Oh, and don't forget the demerits...)

WINJA
2nd November 2005, 18:21

BC.
WHY DONT YOU PUT THIS KINDA EFFORT INTO CATCHING BURGLERS AND THIEVES

mikey
2nd November 2005, 20:06
There it is again...two seperate breaches...it'll be your ass, not his, plus court costs, thanks for coming. (Oh, and don't forget the demerits...)

no you fuckwit.

he breached his licence conditions, doesnt matter how many times. might of been driving at 2am on his restricetd wit ha passenger, but its only one fine for the breaching of licence conditions.. not two.
i think i would know for some strange reaason. might of been in court when a policeman had done so. cop got his incompetent ass hauled.
i expect cops to know about the fucking law before they go writing tickets. 3 months of very basic trainging i guess

Stevo
2nd November 2005, 22:19
no you fuckwit.

he breached his licence conditions, doesnt matter how many times. might of been driving at 2am on his restricetd wit ha passenger, but its only one fine for the breaching of licence conditions.. not two.
i think i would know for some strange reaason. might of been in court when a policeman had done so. cop got his incompetent ass hauled.
i expect cops to know about the fucking law before they go writing tickets. 3 months of very basic trainging i guess
And here was me, mistakenly thinking you'd grown up a bit.
Now I've decided you have the whole Jekyll/Hyde thing going on. Esp when you were particularly mature around the time of SCs mishap, now reverted to the old Mikey.

Ixion
2nd November 2005, 22:33
Hm. I'm by no means certain, but is it possible Mr Mikey is right? The licence conditions pertaining to a restricted or learner licence are a composite, which are all specified in the one legislative clause, and, provided each breach occured at the same time, the hapless rider has breached his licence conditions and is in jeopardy OF THAT CLAUSE . But I'm not sure if the police can identify each separate breach and separately charge it. It's like not having a WOF - you may have 10 things wrong with the vehicle but it's only one charge of not having WoF, or one charge of an unroadworthy vehicle. Not one for bald tyres, another for cracked windscreen, another for rust etc.

Having said that, I am pretty sure Mr BikeyCop was right in his case. The spectacles and the passenger are covered in separate clauses of the legislation. So he was in breach of two clauses not one.

But the example Mr Mikey gives (passenger, and 2am) , the breaches both come under the same clause. In other words I think you can only be charged with "being in breach of clause X of the ABC Act etc ".Even if there were several things you did wrong to bring you into breach of that clause.

But the spectacles are a different section. So Mr Bikeycop was right.

Now don't flame me - I'm not arguing that the plonker did not deserve all he got and more. Just wondering if Mr Mikey may (perhaps unwittingly) be correct under some circumstances

Da Bird
2nd November 2005, 23:55
WHY DONT YOU PUT THIS KINDA EFFORT INTO CATCHING BURGLERS AND THIEVES

Caught a thief yesterday who robbed a young girl of her wallet - thanks for asking.

And attended another "South Auckland" gang brawl...

Da Bird
3rd November 2005, 00:14
Hm. I'm by no means certain, but is it possible Mr Mikey is right?

No.

But the example Mr Mikey gives (passenger, and 2am) , the breaches both come under the same clause. In other words I think you can only be charged with "being in breach of clause X of the ABC Act etc ".Even if there were several things you did wrong to bring you into breach of that clause.

Not quite true.

Land Transport (Driver Licencing) Rule 1999

Section 18 (1) (a) (i) covers carrying an unauthorised passenger on a restricted licence

Section 18 (1) (a) (ii) covers the driving hours.

Two separate offences, 2 infringements able to be given.

BC.

Goddess of Goof
3rd November 2005, 00:16
So what's he supposed to do, pat the kid on the head and tell him not to do it again? It's his job to stop people who break the law. The fact that he enjoyed it a little more than usual is just one of the perks of the job.

We've all had run ins with coppers who are either jobsworthy or just plain wankers. But most of them are just average people doing a hard job under difficult circumstances. Good on ya!

True, very true. I've had to make tough decisions for people in past jobs, and I hated it - I knew I was inflicting financial stress on them when they had to pay fines and stuff....BUT sometimes there is no way round it except to stay on course....... everyone do their job and do it properly.....and we all know where we are.....
:crybaby:

Ixion
3rd November 2005, 00:37
Hm. Separate sub clauses. True. I guess a hot shot lawyer might still argue it. But I think you're toast Mr Mikey. Unless you get a real good lawyer.Sorry.(Well, not all that much, though I'm always sorry if one of our brethren falls foul of the law)

inlinefour
3rd November 2005, 09:11
he gives retards a bad name

spudchucka
3rd November 2005, 12:11
He has mental health issues, (by his own admission), and is living proof that re-integrating the mentally impaired back into the community is a failed strategy.

You should have him on your ignore list like I have otherwise you risk compounding his mental problems by indulging him in his own delusions.

inlinefour
3rd November 2005, 13:20
He has mental health issues, (by his own admission), and is living proof that re-integrating the mentally impaired back into the community is a failed strategy.

You should have him on your ignore list like I have otherwise you risk compounding his mental problems by indulging him in his own delusions.
Its fun to play with his mind though, weak as it is. :devil2:

WINJA
3rd November 2005, 16:43
Caught a thief yesterday who robbed a young girl of her wallet - thanks for asking.

And attended another "South Auckland" gang brawl...
GREAT NOW DO THAT SHIT 5 TIMES A DAY

Skytwr
3rd November 2005, 17:13
This seems to have got way off target.
First a rider be it a cop was almost hit from his bike, how you can miss not seeing it with all the lights and reflective tape is beyond me.
second the halfwit driver was dealt with in a manner that having regard for the situation was issued with the notices for his breaches of D/licence and WOF.
I know that if I got that many fines you would think twice about the conditions of your licence and the condition of the car you are driving and last but not least LOOK OUT FOR MOTOR BIKES AND OTHER ROAD USERS!
but my last point is how long and how oftern has this driver breached his licence conditions and how many near misses has he had. This may make him wake up and pay attention after all.

SlowHand
3rd November 2005, 18:17
And here was me, mistakenly thinking you'd grown up a bit.
Now I've decided you have the whole Jekyll/Hyde thing going on. Esp when you were particularly mature around the time of SCs mishap, now reverted to the old Mikey.

Im guessing a masty was along the way. Sperm goes out, and that's less little heads in the body. Give it few hours to recharge.

Indoo
4th November 2005, 00:28
GREAT NOW DO THAT SHIT 5 TIMES A DAY

Yeah help society like Winja does , by whining like a bitch.

N4CR
4th November 2005, 00:32
Hm. Separate sub clauses. True. I guess a hot shot lawyer might still argue it. But I think you're toast Mr Mikey. Unless you get a real good lawyer.Sorry.(Well, not all that much, though I'm always sorry if one of our brethren falls foul of the law)

Remember my $1,300 ticket.. those seperate offences sure added up :whocares:

scumdog
4th November 2005, 06:24
Hm. I'm by no means certain, but is it possible Mr Mikey is right? The licence conditions pertaining to a restricted or learner licence are a composite, which are all specified in the one legislative clause, and, provided each breach occured at the same time, the hapless rider has breached his licence conditions and is in jeopardy OF THAT CLAUSE . But I'm not sure if the police can identify each separate breach and separately charge it. It's like not having a WOF - you may have 10 things wrong with the vehicle but it's only one charge of not having WoF, or one charge of an unroadworthy vehicle. Not one for bald tyres, another for cracked windscreen, another for rust etc.

Re the WOF thing - you CAN (if you want ) give a ticket for bald tyre, another for cracked windscreen and others for any other listed defect on a vehicle, it's not covered by a blanket "No WOF" ticket.
Not done it myself yet - well not for 10 faults but have (a special deal for arseholes) given out a 'trifecta' for 3 faults.

Lou Girardin
4th November 2005, 08:23
This is all very interesting, because in my time with the MOT we were instructed to issue a ticket for the most serious offence and warnings for the others.
But we were ticket hungry snakes weren't we.

number33
4th November 2005, 08:47
I'm on the road 3 hours a day in a cage between Palmy and Kapiti on SH1. Every day, without bloody fail, you'll see 1/2 dozen or more complete shit-for-brains driving incidents from arseholes in cars. Twat-heads in camper vans and old fumy shitter trucks travelling at 70k's in the middle of the fucken road. O.K. travel at 70k's, good luck to ya, but pull the fuck over!

Yuppie wankers screaming past and shoving in front just to gain one fucking car length. Fuckwits tailgating 2 metres up your arse. Shit-head prats pulling out in front from sideroads and not accelerating. Queer cunts driving at dawn/dusk with no fucken lights on. Big fat arsehole tossers in truck and trailer units travelling 3 in a fucken row. Queer bastards weaving and braking hard in sweepers. And so on and so on.

Tell ya, if I was a cop, I'd be hauling all these sons of bitches over and throwing the fucken book at the lot of them. No fucking questions asked. How do these wankers ever get a licence is what I want to know. Where the hell are the cops when ya need them? What pisses me off - you'll drive past Ohakea weighbridge, and on any day, there'll be anywhere from 5 to 15 cop cars parked up doing fucken nothing.

Wouldn't surprise me if all the cops are sitting inside on their arses, partying up, bullshitting, gasbagging, and sipping bloody lattes.

SlowHand
4th November 2005, 09:20
Yuppie wankers screaming past and shoving in front just to gain one fucking car length. Fuckwits tailgating 2 metres up your arse. Shit-head prats pulling out in front from sideroads and not accelerating. Queer cunts driving at dawn/dusk with no fucken lights on. Big fat arsehole tossers in truck and trailer units travelling 3 in a fucken row. Queer bastards weaving and braking hard in sweepers. And so on and so on.

Tell ya, if I was a cop, I'd be hauling all these sons of bitches over and throwing the fucken book at the lot of them. No fucking questions asked. How do these wankers ever get a licence is what I want to know.

Wouldn't surprise me if all the cops are sitting inside on their arses, partying up, bullshitting, gasbagging, and sipping bloody lattes.

Well you've almost described most body parts, but forgot the nose, ears, eyes. etc

number33
4th November 2005, 09:47
Strat, most of those PRICKS don't have ears or eyes. :done:

KLOWN
16th November 2005, 21:26
What? No theft of oxygen? :rolleyes:

What's to be this fellow is on skylinesdownunder.com winging about the copper who nailed him.

Good on ya BC. People not giving way deserves far more attention than it gets. :2thumbsup

A question - does this amount of tickets count in any way towards a longer time to getting a full licence? If not, whyever not?

I'd just like to say that not all skyline drivers are prats! just the ones that aren't me:yes:

skidMark
16th November 2005, 21:48

as i learnt today when a bus cut a corner and wrote off my bike.... full story in thread in general biker ravings...... **you have got to be sh**ting me**

Patrick
22nd November 2005, 20:23
no you fuckwit.

Doing enforcement for 20 years gives me an insight...just because some failed legal aid lawyer became a judge and decided to exact some revenge on that copper doesn't make me a fuckwit, you cock sucker...how long you been enforcing laws for???

mikey
23rd November 2005, 19:40
never man. im peter pan. if they let a failed legal aid become a judge what type of fucking low lifes do they let into cop school..... your mentailty man.

you must be old an cynical an senile an shit if your been doing 'enforcement' for 20 years., honerstly, no career ambition or something anywho who am i to judge FUCKING POWER TRIPPING WANK COPPERS, not sure eh?

avgas
23rd November 2005, 19:47
Your all fucked. Now shut the fuck up and go shred some rubber, or hit the twisties.

ajturbo
23rd November 2005, 19:52
never man. im peter pan. if they let a failed legal aid become a judge what type of fucking low lifes do they let into cop school..... your mentailty man.

you must be old an cynical an senile an shit if your been doing 'enforcement' for 20 years., honerstly, no career ambition or something anywho who am i to judge FUCKING POWER TRIPPING WANK COPPERS, not sure eh?
20 years in the same job....... yer i'm in that boat, but the experencs (sp?) have helped me get the job as a tutor.. still in painting but now i give back...

bla bla bla

scumdog
23rd November 2005, 22:53

Ah, ANOTHER calm rational and easily disseminated comment just as we expect from mikey!!:lol: :doobey:

judgeshock
24th November 2005, 06:37
Ah, ANOTHER calm rational and easily disseminated comment just as we expect from mikey!!:lol: :doobey:

Have to agree completely, what a tosser. :bash: :lol:

Patrick
24th December 2005, 11:10
never man. im peter pan.

Like doing fairies do you???

"if they let a failed legal aid become a judge what type of fucking low lifes do they let into cop school..... your mentailty man."

No, they let rapists in, as was in the news not too long ago... its called lowering the standards, just like they did when they let you onto this site.

"you must be old"

compared to you, my 6 year old is old... I'm guessing you live at home with ya momma... Does she still dress ya funny?

"an cynical an senile an shit"

Nah, not this old fella, like laughing heaps.

"if your been doing 'enforcement' for 20 years., honerstly, no career ambition or something"

Nah, just like doing the same old...always different, nothing is ever the same.

"anywho who am i to judge FUCKING POWER TRIPPING WANK COPPERS, not sure eh?

Huh??? Guess you got that NCEA stuff and never did School Cert even... Never power tripped...had a three year old give me the fingers on my first day out, that sorts out that problem there and then.

hXc
24th December 2005, 11:20
Dates are wonderful things aren't they? Don't you just love checking them!

THREAD DREDGER

Patrick
24th December 2005, 11:31
Dates are wonderful things aren't they? Don't you just love checking them!

THREAD DREDGER

Yeah, I know... I've been off line for a month or so... Just had to have a right of reply though, I suppose...even though some already did so for me...

Edbear
24th December 2005, 14:01
What a very interesting thread?! Kept me enthralled to the end! Lou you old cynic, you! I vaguely remember you as a cop in the bad old days! You seemed alright then, though some of the local lads didn't like you, I think it was
cause you gave them a ticket for some misdemeanor... Mum thought you were ok I think, she was a Driving Instructor at the time. Times have changed though, and I wouldn't like to be a Cop today, too much agro and too many twits, (somebody told me a twit was a baby bird!), on the road. I drive a small truck every day and am constantly amazed at the varietry of ways in which drivers can display total incompetence! It's not speed that is the problem on our roads, (well only a tiny fraction of the problem), but simple driver incompetence! Plus, people seem to be becoming more agro. Does it make a cop think twice before pulling someone over? I have sympathies for BC and his fellow officers, but at the same time I do wonder when I see a camera van parked in an obviously revenue gathering spot. PLease park them at black spots, guys!? I support BC for giving that young idiot a sound spanking in the wallet, I see too many of these youngsters being idiots and they won't learn '/till they get hit hard enough, or die! The number of unregistered, unwarranted heaps I see being driven stupidly by non- seatbelt wearing young kids, is amazing! Saw two young blokes walking down the street sharing a joint the other week, before getting into their car and driving off! Rang *555 but was put on hold for so long they'd be long gone by the time I got through! It's a worry to think what might be coming towards you on the road! Have had too many scares to be overly concerned anbout the so-called "rights" of these idiots!:argh:

Skyryder
25th December 2005, 05:31
Since my last post a few weeks ago about nearly being knocked off my police bike on Botany Road, it has been almost a DAILY occurence and I could have started several more "boring" threads about near misses.

Well it happened again today. I'm riding the work bike (not small) down Moore Street, Howick, headlight AND riding lights on (for those blind people) and this young fella, on his restricted licence, carrying a passenger (not holding a full licence), decides he aint waiting to turn into a side street.

He turns in front of me, severely cuts the corner (drives across the painted STOP lines of the side road) and takes off. I brake hard (coz I'm gonna get this prick) and stop him up the road.

I've decided to upgrade my disability insurance coz I'm sure one of these pricks is going to connect with me one day.

BC.

You've got the power man. We haven't. One thing I like about the American system is the power to deputise. That's what we need here. A few bikers with some authority then we would not have to put up with so much shit on our roads

Skyryder

festus
30th December 2005, 10:37
Good on ya mikey, after reading this very one sided thread, I can't believe more didn't supported him (although some comments a bit over the top mate!).
I don't visit here often, too busy, but when I do, some of the shit I read makes me laugh. This is one such example.
I've read threads in the past where a biker whinges cause he's just been pulled over and given a ticket for some minor offence. Called the cop a wanker/cunt whatever, then everyone else jumps on the band wagon and goes to town with the same shit.
Here, it's all different, everybody (except Mikey) is applauding bykey cop for what he's done, to the extent it's sickening!.
Tell me this, can all you say you haven't fucked up a little on a decision while driving/riding and made a slight error and ended up with a bit of a close shave?. Fuck I know I have and ain't ashamed to admit it!. I don't make a habit of it but I can remember 1 or 2 in all my years driving. It happens!.
This poor bastard did just that, and all and sundry (except Mikey) start calling this poor young bugger all the names under the sun. People fuck up! Did he deserve $1300 in fines?, I don't think so!.
Bykey cop next time you're doing 200 plus kph on your Blackbird spare a thought for the poor bugger you gave a $1300 ticket too!.......

terbang
30th December 2005, 10:54
So Bikey cop if this guy hadn't given you a fright and got the old adrenalin pumping would you have done him so hard? With all your smug replies in this thread you are just starting to sound like a bit of a jackbooted twit there mate and I wonder what this individual really learnt out of all this. Perhaps a better solution for this guy was to get him re-educated (like back to driving school) or something to help him understand, realise and have the knowledge or skills to correct his mistakes. Or were you just thumping him cos you got a fright and the opportunity for revenue just couldn't be missed? I certainly hope your CBR has never been above 100KPH and if it accidentally did I hope you would teach yourself a damn good lesson for being such a dangerous unlawful prick and write yourself a similar sucession of fines.

Ponder this http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=22339

terbang
30th December 2005, 12:00
Tell ya, if I was a cop, I'd be hauling all these sons of bitches over and throwing the fucken book at the lot of them. No fucking questions asked. How do these wankers ever get a licence is what I want to know.

Very easily I suspect..!
"Educate over Legislate" and "Train rather than Cane" spring to mind here..

SPman
30th December 2005, 12:08
You've got the power man. We haven't. One thing I like about the American system is the power to deputise. That's what we need here. A few bikers with some authority then we would not have to put up with so much shit on our roads

Skyryder You mean - like - moderators....:whistle:

Patrick
4th January 2006, 13:20
etc blah blah etc...Here, it's all different, everybody (except Mikey) is applauding bykey cop for what he's done, to the extent it's sickening!.
Tell me this, can all you say you haven't fucked up a little on a decision while driving/riding and made a slight error and ended up with a bit of a close shave?. Fuck I know I have and ain't ashamed to admit it!. I don't make a habit of it but I can remember 1 or 2 in all my years driving. It happens!.
This poor bastard did just that, and all and sundry (except Mikey) start calling this poor young bugger all the names under the sun. People fuck up! Did he deserve $1300 in fines?, I don't think so!.
Bykey cop next time you're doing 200 plus kph on your Blackbird spare a thought for the poor bugger you gave a $1300 ticket too!.......

Think you and Mikey Mouse missed the point here...read what happened...the cage driver nearly took him out and Bikey didn't do anything wrong, like many motorcyclists out there. Just cruising along...

How many times have you had close calls and wanted to do something about it? (legally or even illegally?)

Bikey did have a close one and did something, and good on him for educating that one. I bet he learnt a lesson, albeit a $1300 one. One down, thousands more to go. Bikey sticks out like dogs balls in his dayglo gear and that fella still got it wrong, big time.

Educate instead of legislate is spot on, but once you pass the licence, and for some that's at 15...there is nothing more until you're 80. 65 years of bad habits. There is no educate, except for $1300 worth of fines to teach a lesson. Betcha he won't be taking out a biker in any time soon...

Patrick
4th January 2006, 13:23
So Bikey cop if this guy hadn't given you a fright and got the old adrenalin pumping would you have done him so hard? With all your smug replies in this thread you are just starting to sound like a bit of a jackbooted twit there mate and I wonder what this individual really learnt out of all this. Perhaps a better solution for this guy was to get him re-educated (like back to driving school) or something to help him understand, realise and have the knowledge or skills to correct his mistakes. Or were you just thumping him cos you got a fright and the opportunity for revenue just couldn't be missed? I certainly hope your CBR has never been above 100KPH and if it accidentally did I hope you would teach yourself a damn good lesson for being such a dangerous unlawful prick and write yourself a similar sucession of fines.

Ponder this http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=22339

Again,Bikey is the bad guy here??? Did what we all would want to do if it happened to us...

TLDV8
4th January 2006, 13:27
Would someone like to remind us of one of the main hazards to bike riders in the city:Pokey:......for those who seem to have forgotten it is other vehicles turning across our path be that a U turn or as in this thread.. IMHO if some newbie,who as a new driver you would think they would be keeping an eye out see's a bike as bright as a cruise liner and still turns in front of it..they deserve what they got...I am guilty of cutting corners on the open road but never in the city,it is pure laziness like those C@#ts who have to swing out to the centre of the road to turn into a drive way!!
>
For the bleaters,maybe you should go to this thread and tell Bruiser accidents happen,he is going to have to live with this a very long time.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=22392

Patrick
4th January 2006, 13:37
Would someone like to remind us of one of the main hazards to bike riders in the city:Pokey:......for those who seem to have forgotten it is other vehicles turning across our path be that a U turn or as in this thread.. IMHO if some newbie,who as a new driver you would think they would be keeping an eye out see's a bike as bright as a cruise liner and still turns in front of it..they deserve what they got.

And that, folks, is what this was all about....:bash:

festus
4th January 2006, 15:19
Think you and Mikey Mouse missed the point here...read what happened...the cage driver nearly took him out and Bikey didn't do anything wrong, like many motorcyclists out there. Just cruising along...

How many times have you had close calls and wanted to do something about it? (legally or even illegally?)

Bikey did have a close one and did something, and good on him for educating that one. I bet he learnt a lesson, albeit a $1300 one. One down, thousands more to go. Bikey sticks out like dogs balls in his dayglo gear and that fella still got it wrong, big time.

Educate instead of legislate is spot on, but once you pass the licence, and for some that's at 15...there is nothing more until you're 80. 65 years of bad habits. There is no educate, except for $1300 worth of fines to teach a lesson. Betcha he won't be taking out a biker in any time soon...

I didn't miss the point at all Patrick!.
When it comes to idiots on the road, and that includes bikes as well as cars, trucks the lot!, I totally agree!. But thats life dude!.
When I was taught to ride a bike, one of the first things I learn't was to ride DEFENSIVELY. Expect the unexpected. Bykey Cop should know that along with every one else here!.
I tried to make 2 points, first was you all jumped on the 'kiss Bykey cops arse' & 'that young cage driver is nothing but a cu*t' band wagon when in the past there have been forums on KiwiBiker flaming cops for giving out such tickets!.
My second point was here is Bykey cop dishing out $1300 tickets (and proud of it), then in the weekend he jumps on his 'Blackbird' and goes and breaks the land speed record!................hypocrites !

johnsf1980
4th January 2006, 15:29
Not sure if this is the case here but...... anyone that breaks the law themselves and then hands out tickets to others for breaking the law is a bigot of the worst kind as far as Im concerned.

terbang
4th January 2006, 20:02
Would make a good Tui add I reckon
BLACKBIRD RIDERS NEVER GO ABOVE 100KPH...YEAH RIGHT

idb
4th January 2006, 20:44
Not sure if this is the case here but...... anyone that breaks the law themselves and then hands out tickets to others for breaking the law is a bigot of the worst kind as far as Im concerned.
If I get pulled over by a cop, I'd hope it was by one that liked a play on his bike from time to time. It might make him a bit more empathetic and more liable to use his discretion in assessing the circumstances.
In fact that's exactly what happened Easter time last year.
I got clocked at 130ks by a camera car as I was passing a line of cars, he radioed ahead and I got stopped. Turned out the cop was a biker too but had to work the long weekend, we swapped a few stories while he took my details and I never heard any more.
Couldn't see a cop that lives in a bubble of perfectness doing that.

Divot
5th January 2006, 08:08
Oi'll beef hooked.
Just as well I never tried to join the Pleece, I wouldn't have a hope in hell of passing the exam.
Is it practical or theory?
Practical for you

Scouse
5th January 2006, 08:45

yes but by the time theyve payd out for lawyers it would cost more than $1300 but then thats not all going back into the state's coffer's

spudchucka
5th January 2006, 08:51
I tried to make 2 points, first was you all jumped on the 'kiss Bykey cops arse' & 'that young cage driver is nothing but a cu*t' band wagon when in the past there have been forums on KiwiBiker flaming cops for giving out such tickets!.
My second point was here is Bykey cop dishing out $1300 tickets (and proud of it), then in the weekend he jumps on his 'Blackbird' and goes and breaks the land speed record!................hypocrites !
Point 1: People want policing to be on their terms. They want it to always be in their favour and to effect others negatively and themselves positively. They moan endlessly when it works against them. Its human nature unfortunately.

Bikers think cage drivers are retarded drivers that need sevre policing but they should be able to fly along at any speed because they know that they are safe at that speed. Cage drivers think bikers go to fast because they never see them until the bikes come flying past them at warp factor five. Both groups think that the other should be policed harder than themselves and that they are completely safe in their own driving behaviour.

Point 2: Bykey cop was doing his job regardless of whether he got any personal gratification from writing those tickets. I bet there have been many times when you have been cut off or nearly cleaned out by somebody who wasn't paying attention and you have wished to yourself that a cop saw it and was their to throw the book at them. If you haven't then you are unique because virtually everybody I speak to has a "I wish I was a cop at that moment" story to tell about near misses on the road.

Secondly on this point, how do you know what bikey cop does when he rides his own bike? Breaks the land speed record? Really? Sounds like a bloody huge assumption to me.

Scouse
5th January 2006, 08:55

That's Brave, call somone some serious names and then hide behinde the distance between Auckland and Wellington

buellbabe
5th January 2006, 09:38
BC.
Good on ya BC. I ride the Motorway everyday and have lost count of how many people just 'DON"T LOOK'. I have a pretty loud horn and I have even had the odd wanker who hears the horn and looks at me... we ACTUALLY HAVE EYE CONTACT... and then the f** ker keeps moving over into the space where i am...grr
thats when i wish for a hand-gun
:argh: :devil2:

Biff
5th January 2006, 09:52

Wrong. Hypocrisy is chastising an individual for one thing, then doing it yourself. BK didn't ticket the prat for riding too fast - he did him for driving dangerously (almost hitting BK) on a restricted licence with impaired vision.

For fucks sake what was he supposed to do? There's enough twats on the roads here as it is without cops going all soft on idiots like this. Throw the fucking book at him I say - teach him a hard lesson. Maybe he'll then learn his lesson and maybe he wont knock you off your bike one day.

Yeah - sure as shit most of us support BK. That's because we face twats on the road every day that need to be taught a lesson, not slapped on the wrist and told not to do it again. Just look at the reams of threads here about the poor standard in cage driving, almost being hit/killed/maimed by idiot drivers etc. I know of numerous people that have been killed and permanantly injured because of drivers like this twat. What would you do - let these muppets off?

It sounds like you live in a different world to me mate. I'd like to see an improvement in the standard of driving and riding on the roads here. And if idiots wont do it voluntarily- then the fkin law need to be enforced the hard way.

Blackbird
5th January 2006, 11:11
Completely agree with Biff. Can't see how any biker who cares about his or her riding can level that sort of crap at BC (except someone with a bloody big chip through their own shortcomings). Not that it's particularly relevant to the argument, but I've had the privelege to ride with BC and he's a seriously good rider as you might expect.

buellbabe
5th January 2006, 11:16
Originally Posted by mikey

JEEZ... like you've never wanted to do anyone serious bodily harm before???
He's only been CAUGHT once...

festus
5th January 2006, 12:28
Completely agree with Biff. Can't see how any biker who cares about his or her riding can level that sort of crap at BC (except someone with a bloody big chip through their own shortcomings). Not that it's particularly relevant to the argument, but I've had the privelege to ride with BC and he's a seriously good rider as you might expect.

Some of you just don't get where I'm coming from!. I don’t have a chip on my shoulder !
Everyone fucks up one time or another (am I repeating myself here!). Bet most of you have before, anyone would think none of you here drive a car!. I do, and am learning to drive a truck, but I fuck up every now and then, esp driving the truck, I’m fuckin learning. I don't expect a $1300 ticket if I accidentally misjudge a situation!. That young fella got ticketed for everything except for what he actually did, careless driving…………if it was actually that!
That dude needed a bit of a lesson but fuck did he need a $1300 fine for jumping the gun turning into a side street. Piss off!.

spudchucka
5th January 2006, 12:39
Everyone fucks up one time or another (am I repeating myself here!).
If you do fuck up and it happens to involve almost knocking a motorcycle cop off his bike then expect to get some sort of infringment notice. Stiff shit I'm afraid, get over it, learn from it but don't bitch about it because it was your fuck up, you own it.

Damon
5th January 2006, 14:10
If you cant see a motorcycle cop when he's close enough for you to hit him what chance do the rest of us stand, the kid deserves the tickets, perhaps next time he might open his eyes when he's behind the wheel of a killing machine, driving is a privilege not a excuse to maim and injure people