PDA

View Full Version : Engine Cleaning Additives

Slingshot
28th October 2005, 20:02
Hi all,

I'm about to do the whole oil/coolant change thing and I'm wondering about putting one of those additives in that clean carbon deposits etc (or at least they claim too).

I have heard a rumour that they could have an impact on the clutch but I'm really not sure. I'm also wondering about fuel injector cleaner?

I'd also be interested to know your thoughts on what oil to use...I know this has been done to death but I'd still like to hear.

Thoughts people?

Motu
28th October 2005, 21:15
I use oil flush all the time...on customers cars,I wouldn't ever put the crap in my own engine,stay away from it! Use a fuel injector cleaner,find a good one,not STP or Wynns,use an expensive one,I use Interject.Silkolene Pro 4,but any really good oil will do - gauge by price...the more expensive usualy the better they are,cheap oil is cheap oil....don't go there.

DMNTD
29th October 2005, 08:20
I use oil flush all the time...on customers cars,I wouldn't ever put the crap in my own engine,stay away from it! Use a fuel injector cleaner,find a good one,not STP or Wynns,use an expensive one,I use Interject.Silkolene Pro 4,but any really good oil will do - gauge by price...the more expensive usualy the better they are,cheap oil is cheap oil....don't go there.

Cheers Motu :niceone:

Kickaha
29th October 2005, 08:31
not STP or Wynns,use an expensive one.

Why not Wynns?

I've used the Wynns injector clean a couple of time and with a noticable difference afterwards

scooterboynz
29th October 2005, 08:49
how often do you guys change your oil? i tend to change mine every 3000k's or so , plus when it goes for a service.

Motu
29th October 2005, 09:38
Why not Wynns?

I've used the Wynns injector clean a couple of time and with a noticable difference afterwards

OK,so I applied a broad brush - it's just that Wynns are a bit erratic in the quality of their product,some of their stuff is good,some crap - the injector cleaner is good,the octane booster doesn't work,I tend to just stay away from it.