PDA

View Full Version : pillion on restricted

slopster
29th October 2005, 22:28
Today I got a ticket for speeding and a passenger on my restricted licence. The cop was pretty good about it and knocked a fair bit off my speed. Anyway my passenger had a full licence and I was wondering if thats OK much like how in a car you can have a full licence passenger as your supervisor if you're on a restricted.

SPORK
29th October 2005, 22:43
Nothing the same. Take it like a man.

rfc85
29th October 2005, 22:43
don't think so-different rules for bikes an cars, think you are done bro,sorry :argh:

Korea
29th October 2005, 23:23
The cop was pretty good about it and knocked a fair bit off my speed. Anyway my passenger had a full licence and I was wondering if thats OK much like how in a car you can have a full licence passenger as your supervisor if you're on a restricted.
Nope. Not like the car ~ in fact I think it says something with regards to that in 'The Book'. You remember the Road Code don't you?

Sounds like you met a very kind officer ~ count yourself lucky this time, eh?

Phenoix
30th October 2005, 09:03
Nope, just out of luck, doesnt matter.
In the cage, the "passenger" is spoosed to be able to influence the drive some, habbits ect.
On the bike it too hard to talk, and if you make a mistake, its too late to do anything about it.
Just another way to make cages better over motor bikes, will probably the only way. :headbang:

SlowHand
30th October 2005, 09:15
Not to mention them affecting the little bikes - I tested the idea on a private road. *ahem

inlinefour
30th October 2005, 10:08
learn from it, pay for the ticket and move on dude. :calm:

pyrocam
31st October 2005, 11:39
how much for the pillion part of it?

ManDownUnder
31st October 2005, 12:09
Big diff between a pillion on a bike and a passenger in a car.

if/when the poo hit the spinner the pillion can do nought except:
1) be at risk
2) reduce your manoeverability
3) be at risk...

in a car they can advise of upcoming problems, reasonably reach some controls if absolutely needed etc. They don't affect handling of the car (generally... although I can think of a FEW that might... Mr Creosote for example)...

You get the idea.

I'm a fan opf the restrictions on Learner licences. You need to be challenged, so you can learn, you also need a safe environment to do that. I don't think a pillion will help you too much in that respect.
MDU

slopster
1st November 2005, 17:28
Yeah fair enough I guess. Got $400 for the pillion + $120 speeding so I guess it was an expensive excercise - but he knocked a lot off my speed so I guess it could have been worse. He didn't record any demerits for the pillion just for the speed so I don't know if those will be put on when I pay. The irony is I was booked in for CBTA full licence this wednesday!

steved
2nd November 2005, 08:48
Yeah fair enough I guess. Got $400 for the pillion + $120 speeding so I guess it was an expensive excercise - but he knocked a lot off my speed so I guess it could have been worse. He didn't record any demerits for the pillion just for the speed so I don't know if those will be put on when I pay. The irony is I was booked in for CBTA full licence this wednesday!I think the breach of licence conditions (pillion ticket) comes with an automatic 25 demerit points . Unfortunately, it sounds like this has already affected your course. More the shame. :crybaby:

inlinefour
3rd November 2005, 12:03
Today I got a ticket for speeding and a passenger on my restricted licence. The cop was pretty good about it and knocked a fair bit off my speed. Anyway my passenger had a full licence and I was wondering if thats OK much like how in a car you can have a full licence passenger as your supervisor if you're on a restricted.

just as it is different driving in one country to the next...

Skytwr
8th November 2005, 14:55
sorry but all breaches of your licence carry 25 demerits. so you only need 4 breaches in 2 years and it is good by licence for 3 months.

jimdaworm
8th November 2005, 19:04
Its quite funny cause in Australia its the opposite. You get your learners with just a theory test I just did an extra 5 multiple choice when I converted my NZ license to a Queensland one.

You can then ride only when someone who has had their full license for a certain amount of time is following you in another verhicle or if they are riding pillion!:doobey:

The_Dover
8th November 2005, 19:14
Its quite funny cause in Australia its the opposite. You get your learners with just a theory test I just did an extra 5 multiple choice when I converted my NZ license to a Queensland one.

You can then ride only when someone who has had their full license for a certain amount of time is following you in another verhicle or if they are riding pillion!:doobey:

Those crazy aussies eh?

jimdaworm
8th November 2005, 19:32
Yep I just road around and thought if I ever got pulled over I would just say... woops he was following me before...must have left him in the traffic :stupid:

slopster
16th December 2005, 21:34
Well I got off this one - just got the letter today. I'm feeling lucky. I just wrote in about how I thought it was like on a car licence and my pillion had a full licence. I expected them to reply with something along the lines of "Cry me a river" but they actually said that it was a reasonable assumption though wrong and let me off. $400 and 25 points better off.

phoenixgtr
16th December 2005, 21:41
Damn you lucky boy!! :cool:

Sketchy_Racer
16th December 2005, 21:49
very lucky indeed :niceone:

but regarding the licensing system,

i recon that there should be no "restricted" licencens on motorcycle.. due to the fact that the only privlages of a restricted licence are

# no L plate
# allowed to do 100kph

what the hells the point in that??? as if and learner licenced rider actually sticks to 70kph all the time... and 90% of them dont have an L plate!!!

i guess its just another way of the butch bitch Clark to scheme more money to go into to her fucking HUGE paycheck!! :angry:

Glenn

inlinefour
17th December 2005, 08:50
Unusual for that to happen, but maybe they will change the wording to make it clearer?

Clockwork
18th December 2005, 06:32
i guess its just another way of the butch bitch Clark to scheme more money to go into to her fucking HUGE paycheck!! :angry:

Glenn

Why the hell do people feel its necessary to personally abuse Helen Clark for every rule or regulation that they don't happen to agree with?

For the record, incase you're too young to remember, there were Governments before Helen Clarke became Prime Minister in 1999 !! :slap:

Sketchy_Racer
18th December 2005, 08:43
meh.... i dont care if its her or not. SHE is the leader of this country, and SHE needs to sort it out.

enough said

Sketchy_Racer
18th December 2005, 12:10
Oh and cheers for the rep T.W.R :Oi: :baby:

Skyryder
24th December 2005, 07:09
Why the hell do people feel its necessary to personally abuse Helen Clark for every rule or regulation that they don't happen to agree with?

For the record, incase you're too young to remember, there were Governments before Helen Clarke became Prime Minister in 1999 !! :slap:

And a lot fucking worse too.

Skyryder