PDA

View Full Version : help my bros650 died.........

ducatilover
30th October 2005, 10:54
my bros 650 died on the way home last night. originaly i thought it ran out of petrol but i just put some more in, and the battery is a wee bit past it. soooooo logically i tried jump starting her and so it went for a few ks then died again. is this a fuel blockage??i tried jump strating it today also but it wont start :crybaby: . if any one can help please do. :niceone:

Bonez
30th October 2005, 12:04
Hondas don't start very well without good batteries. Sort that one out first then we'll move on to the next step............................Oh and I guess the GN isn't looking too bad now after all :p

kro
30th October 2005, 12:37
Sounds electrical. My first guess would be the stator shat itself, and Mr Battery is not getting any top up.

SPORK
30th October 2005, 13:07
Please oh please don't let your bike do a Magua.

nudemetalz
30th October 2005, 13:12
The VT did that too. The regulator died (quite common oh Honda's of that age). So may be that or as people have said the battery.

Bonez
30th October 2005, 14:48
Here's a primer on m/c electrical charging systems. - http://www.thegsresources.com/garage/gs_statorfacts.htm

ducatilover
30th October 2005, 15:14
Hondas don't start very well without good batteries. Sort that one out first then we'll move on to the next step............................Oh and I guess the GN isn't looking too bad now after all :p
the old man played around with it and it runs like a beaut. fuel pump or something...

another problem has arisen, when under throttle the clutch 'slips' likeovertaking someone the clutch engages and the revs rise :mellow: i reckon the clutch cable is buggered. i have adjusted the screw thingy by the handle and cannot seem to fix the problem.

nudemetalz
30th October 2005, 16:43
Do you have 15-25mm freeplay in your clutch lever ?

Also, I would recommend changing the oil too. Always the first thing I do when I buy a new (to me) machine.

Cheers,
Chris

ducatilover
30th October 2005, 16:53
will check, i'm going out there to take my sport/pack rack off and then polish her......dribble, dribble........

Bonez
31st October 2005, 04:53
Good to see she's running ok now. Still think it is a good idea to get a new battery. Or at least give the old one a good look over, cleaning the terminals\earth straps, checking eletrolite etc if you haven't aleady done so.

ducatilover
31st October 2005, 13:00
i might invest in a portable jump starter. rode to palmy today and saw another bros that looked exactly the same.....was that anybody here?? :wavey:

dhunt
31st October 2005, 15:44
i might invest in a portable jump starter. rode to palmy today and saw another bros that looked exactly the same.....was that anybody here?? :wavey:
my flatmate has the 400 version, and took it to massey today, so possibly him.

ducatilover
31st October 2005, 20:21
my flatmate has the 400 version, and took it to massey today, so possibly him.
yeah probably, it was down that end of town just before the 70k area, ask him maybe cos it looked real nice :niceone:

dhunt
31st October 2005, 21:37
Yea, i may of seen you was about 5pm.. and i was coming up to the lights by the BP.. If so your bike has its mags paint white??

the 650 nice to ride, i took a bros 650 with a carbon fiber straght through muffler and upside down frunt forks twin disk and stuff for a ride before i got mine.. it was realy nice.

But my little 400cc is just fine for me now days.. ive become a nana in my old age.. (whach out for tho's cadge drivers a!)

Daniel (KB nic bros400)

ducatilover
1st November 2005, 18:42
yeah my bike has white mags, i reckon it looks the shizz :niceone: maybe we could go for a ride sometime? :spudwave: