PDA

View Full Version : where to buy tires? chch

GNR
30th October 2005, 17:06
hey
wheres the best place to buy tires in a chch??
for a rear wheel cbr 250r MC19, its my first time buyin tires for a bike, so any advice would be great,

Cheers

Kickaha
30th October 2005, 17:16
Cycletreads in Manchester street and Budget Motorcycle spares in Wilsons road are two places with a large range of stock and brand options

A few guys here use Don at Cycletreads and have been happy with price and service,I've always been looked after by Trev at Budget but if they're busy the service can be fairly slow

Mullerd
30th October 2005, 17:39
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Monsterbishi
30th October 2005, 17:42
Cycletreads have had my business for over a decade, good guys there.

shadow
30th October 2005, 17:43
don at cycle treads is good. :niceone:

onearmedbandit
30th October 2005, 18:14
Agree about Don and Trev. Both get my $.

Oakie
30th October 2005, 20:55
Cycletreads ... yup :niceone:

gav
30th October 2005, 21:13
Budget are OK but live up to there name, think they change them the old fashined way, well they did when I got a rear tyre for my CBR600 last year. Nothing wrong with that though, I suppose.

Buster
30th October 2005, 21:21
Go to both, have a chat and see who you like best. Aks for priced and go from there. :niceone:

**R1**
30th October 2005, 21:35
At cycletreds you can play PS2, drink coffee, and look at some bikes,

And you dont have to endure old school Trev...

Rhino
30th October 2005, 22:03
A few guys here use Don at Cycletreads and have been happy with price and service,I've always been looked after by Trev at Budget but if they're busy the service can be fairly slow
As a former Cantabrian (I lived 8km from you Kickaha, in Kaiapoi for 30 years,) this is quite interesting.

Does anyone know the surname of Trev at Budget. I'm curious if it's the same guy that used to be in the tyre business and race bikes in the 70's-80's. Unfortunately I can't remember his last name, but would probably know it once someone posted it.

gav
30th October 2005, 22:14
Trevor Kirby, be the same guy, raced old air cooled Suzukis, he was prob alright too, the old bastard!

Rhino
30th October 2005, 22:19
Trevor Kirby, be the same guy, raced old air cooled Suzukis, he was prob alright too, the old bastard!
Thanks Gav. That's the guy. I can remember him racing a Suzuki T350. He was no slug at Ruapuna.

shadow
30th October 2005, 22:23
[QUOTE=R1Aaron]At cycletreds you can play PS2, drink coffee, and look at some bikes,

and help yourself to the fridge lol

T.W.R
30th October 2005, 22:33
PITLANE (aka cycletreads) !

T.W.R
30th October 2005, 22:35
PITLANE (aka cycletreads)

onearmedbandit
31st October 2005, 00:06
I bought one of Trev's old 85 production GSXR750's off of him. Guy is quite interesting to talk to, knows his stuff, been there done that.

GNR
1st November 2005, 17:42
ok, thanks heaps guy, i'll be off to cycletreds/pitlane then !!, in the mean while burnouts on old tires :-P,

Cheers

TonyB
1st November 2005, 18:32
Another vote for Don. Top bloke, great service, best prices.
I have no problem with Trev, he is always very polite and helpful, but I have seen him verbally abuse customers for no good reason. You can also stand waiting for half an hour with only 3 customers in the shop...

T.W.R
1st November 2005, 18:58
Another vote for Don. Top bloke, great service, best prices.
I have no problem with Trev, he is always very polite and helpful, but I have seen him verbally abuse customers for no good reason. You can also stand waiting for half an hour with only 3 customers in the shop...

Yep Don is pretty switched on about things current! old trev is a good bloke but dives for the catalog to much and can be an old ARKWRIGHT most of the time! I've seen him do the same to a genuinely novice biker, he took the piss out of the bike and the poor young guy ! :argh: definately not good PR ! :argh:

Don's got a pretty sweet Hayabusa streetfighter too, the daily steed :headbang: