PDA

View Full Version : King of Ruapuna Round3

Rashika
31st October 2005, 06:41
well I think I have had my fill of racing for the weekend, felt like I had moved to Ruapuna, after spending all day sat and sunday there, but man what a great way to spend the weekend! :headbang:
Saturday weather was good till the arvo when it crapped out a bit to rain.
Sunday dawned peeing down, and there were definately a few grumbles about ....mutter...dont race in rain...mutter, but we loaded up and went out anyway.Got there and managed to score a dry area in the sheds, kindly sold to us for a pittance of a fee of $5 to Nipper :niceone: It did make it a bit easier, but by the time racing had started the rain had ceased and things where starting to dry a little, although it did come back throughout the day.

Now I dont really know who won what but I have a few pics to post. I spent a good couple of hours out in the middle of the track, getting some not too bad pics.
It is still kinda incredible to me to be out there with bikes roaring past in all directions at times, bit freaky, trying to watch all directions just in case one decides to run off the track, but a real adrenalin buzz :apumpin:

Pic 1: Dangerous taking out the newer bucket for the first time (after having let Kickaha iron out most of the issues first) :whistle:
Pic 2: Deisel Pig on his bucket
Pic 3: Nipper looking pretty good
Pic 4: Dangerous on the older bucket
Pic 5: Deisel pig putting D's newer bucket through its paces, to see what was causing the dying problem
pic 6: ok so SOMETIMES in between races I got a little bored! :whistle:

Rashika
31st October 2005, 06:55
and a few more...

Pic1-4: Dangerous scraping it out with the Nelson (? I think) visitors: it was a hard fought battle and i did think they almost had him a couple of times, but he managed to pull off a win....fk knows how really :dodge:

Pic 5: Deisel Pigs rear end
Pic 6: and Dangerous's rear end

and as for K14, he was definately there (altho bikeless at present), being a flag marshall most of the time, apart from when he decided to wave a different type of flag..... i think dangerous nearly fell of the bike after seeing that!

Rashika
31st October 2005, 06:56
okay so its the turn of the big boys.

Pic 1: Jon Lowther leaned pretty hard over going into the dipper
Pic 2: and braking just about as hard

and yep he gave a really good description of exactly how he'd race as we were all hooning on the track in the van on saturday for training (about 5 times i think), and then was kinda shocked when he followed each if us that we mimiced him pretty well ...we are fast learners eh Jon?? :whistle:

Pic 3: And the competition with the Honda really hots up
Pic 4: damn wheel just wont stay on the ground, common problem i saw :apumpin:
Pic 5: bugger... Jon pipped at the post

Rashika
31st October 2005, 07:15
pic1-3: K14s mate was new on the track, so here's a few just for him.

pic 4: really liked this bike, KTM ...oooooaaaahhh sounded and looked hot!
pic 5: Simon, one of the trainees from saturday, looking good today
pic 6: and the wheelie dude... everytime outa the dipper

Bren_chch
31st October 2005, 16:55
cheers, good pics as usual!! :niceone:

dangerous
31st October 2005, 17:01
Yeah..... bloody good day actually, well as usual.
Decided to ride the new MT replica gp framed bike with the MB100 in it... now I hate bloody 2 strokers and they hate me, but thats ok I'll give it a spin all the same.
As predicted the MT100 was crapping out in the 1st race so i decided to hand it over to the Diesel Pig work shop technicians, and I went back to the old faithfull CB125 twin.

Did rather well in the 2nd race and was 2nd bucket home (some of the big shots were missing)

3rd race and I hauled arse rather well finishing 2nd bucket again and haveing a battle with KBer Nipper on his RG150... think he got me in the end as I am at red line 1/4 of the way down the straight and the 150's leave me for dead.

Last race for the day and the Diesel Pig work shop technicians seem to have sorted the problem... that the MT was way too rich, so I went out on the horid thing to see what damage I could do.
awesome start... well till the frount wheel wraped round my ears and I filled my gruns loosing ballance and putting my left foot through the pavement.... the feild kinda passed me as I sorted my shit out and then I fuked off after them.
Pulled past most of the bikes and stayed there till the straight were most RG150's pass me.

On the last lap I was comming up on K14's corner (he was flag marshal) and noticed something weird.... WTF...... I was looking at a Full Moon in the middle of the arvo... whats up with that? hadent noticed it out earlier in the day mind you it had been rather cloudy.
As I got closer I relised that K14 had droped his safety equipment (head set/flags...... AND dacks.... yip his undies were down round his ankles and I was being blinded by his very WHITE arse.
Well I gave him the thumbs up and remembered I had a corner to take, made it just but as I aimed for the next corner I relised what just happened.... and pissed myself silly, tears were running down my face and I couldent see were I was going hit the ripple strip and bounced back on line.... managed to make my way back to the finnish line with my sides aching and took out 1st bucket and even beat a couple of RG150's :apumpin:

pic 1) Nipper
2) Diesel pig and dangerous on #68er's Nipper leading
3) caged animals waiting to be set free
4) Diesel Pig on Black Betty
5) doing a wheelie in the pits
6) dangerous... me

diesel pig
31st October 2005, 18:15
The pics do not do the MT justice it is alot more uncomfortable than it looks, it needs 300mm to 400mm cut off the back of that bloody long fuel tank and the wheels in line would help the handling no end :wait: a part from that a really good day and the only thing K14 exposed to me was his North Island origins with a 'Once were Warriors' style chin up when I went past his post. :cool:

dangerous
31st October 2005, 20:27
the only thing K14 exposed to me was his North Island origins with a 'Once were Warriors' style chin up when I went past his post. :cool:
yeah ya know....... when I first meet him, he was such a nice young clean cut virgin..... but now days i'm not so sure he has become a smart arsed rude wee shit, i have no idea were this has come from :doh:

sAsLEX
31st October 2005, 20:50
i have no idea were this has come from :doh:

prob the uncooth southern influence he has been exposed to

k14
1st November 2005, 19:25
On the last lap I was comming up on K14's corner (he was flag marshal) and noticed something weird.... WTF...... I was looking at a Full Moon in the middle of the arvo... whats up with that? hadent noticed it out earlier in the day mind you it had been rather cloudy.
As I got closer I relised that K14 had droped his safety equipment (head set/flags...... AND dacks.... yip his undies were down round his ankles and I was being blinded by his very WHITE arse.
Who where what?? Me???? You must have gotten mixed up with your dreams from the previous night or something, I've got an allibi and I'm sticking to it :bash:

dangerous
1st November 2005, 19:39
Who where what?? Me???? I've got an allibi and I'm sticking to it :bash:
Your girlie mag does not count as a allibi..... so saying that you were hiding in the corner of the flag marshals shelter floging off to a pic instead off keeping an eye on the riders and track conditions.... dont count man :headbang: