PDA

View Full Version : Some more CBR help please.........

Sniper
31st October 2005, 07:56
Hey guys and gals. :banana:

Again I am in need of the combined wisdom that all users of this site posess.

Im wondering if the "H" shaped metal brace on a MC22 CBR that holds the front fairing in place and the mirrors bolt into it (Yes you know what Im talking about) is the same as the ZXR (Hey its worth a shot).

If not, could someone please tell me if they have a spare or where I could get one.

k14
31st October 2005, 08:15
On one end it goes through the fairing and the mirrors bolt onto it, the other end bolts onto the frame just by the steering head. You'll be lucky to find one. All the ones at wreckers are screwed cause those are the first things that get stuffed after a crash. They are virtually impossibly to bend back into the correct shape too, unless you have one that you know is straight which you can copy.

Sniper
31st October 2005, 08:22
Yea I know, 45 mins with a hammer on sat and it still isn't back in the right shape.

SPORK
31st October 2005, 16:04
Meh, helped Alarumba bend his back.

Use a rubber mallet.

Coyote
31st October 2005, 17:00
Meh, helped Alarumba bend his back.

Use a rubber mallet.
Still isn't right though. The part the holds the right mirror is still crooked. Should take it to school and use the Oxy-Acetylene Torch. Shame you can't get away with not using it

HDTboy
31st October 2005, 19:12
I got mine pretty close to straight by mounting it on the frame, dummy fitting the fairing, and using the ring end of a spanner to bend it into place

I just remembered your screen too, will try and send you it this week

Sniper
1st November 2005, 06:55
Legend, thanks HDT, Will tonight I shall attck the thing with a mallt and a hacksaw, that should fix/break it.

Big Chim
12th November 2005, 12:28
Hey sniper, just cut the cross bar off it and get the arms to sit properly in the farring and screen then get another bit of similar tube and weld it back in place if the old onle is to shagged or wont go on, Its what we did to mine

FlyingDutchMan
13th November 2005, 21:07
I know where you're coming from - I've tried to straighten my one out, but it still as crooked as any second hand car sales man. But I'll live with it is now. Damn Casbolts wants wayyyy to much for a new one.