PDA

View Full Version : Gutted.

inlinefour
31st October 2005, 08:15
Suzuki have pulled off a major coup by securing the services of MotoGP’s latest sensation Chris Vermeulen. The Australian made an impressive debut at his home Grand Prix at Phillip Island when he stood in for the injured Troy Bayliss on the Camel Honda RC211V, confirming his potential with another steady showing in Turkey last weekend.

Having signed a two-year deal with Team Suzuki MotoGP, the 2005 WSBK runner-up is going to team up with John Hopkins in 2006 to form one of the most-promising partnerships in the MotoGP paddock.

Suzuki's team manager Paul Denning, who’s about to complete his first season at the head of the Japanese factory outfit, has spoken of his excitement at his latest recruit and explains how he has followed the young Australian since he arrived on the European scene.

“Suzuki is delighted to have secured the services of Chris,” said Denning. “He is one of the rising stars of motorcycle racing and will undoubtedly inject some new life into Team Suzuki MotoGP. He already has shown his hunger for success and his ability to learn new situations very quickly.”

“He is joining the team after a very successful year in World Superbikes where he pushed the eventual World Champion - Suzuki’s Troy Corser - all the way. Neither Chris nor Suzuki is under any illusions at the size of our MotoGP task ahead, but we are all confident that Chris is the right choice for the future. We are very grateful to the Ten Kate team for releasing Chris early from his contract, this will enable him to get to know his new crew and ride the GSV-R at Valencia.”

“It has been helpful that Chris had the opportunity to ride in MotoGP at the end of this season, but Suzuki’s enthusiasm to sign him was established well before this chance came up. His mature performances in these races have only served to justify that enthusiasm!”

“On a personal basis, I first met Chris as a fresh-faced 17-year old when he came over to England with Barry Sheene. He quickly established himself as a tough competitor on the track, but a very likeable young man off it. I have watched his career progress and know that now is the right time for him to make the switch to MotoGP and show the true talent and potential that he possesses.”

“Suzuki’s rider line-up of John and Chris is young, aggressive, exciting and shows faith in the future. We all have a lot of work to do - now let’s get to it!”

Can't say I blame him, would just have been cool to have him next year in the SBK world superbikes, as I really thought there was a high chance of him taking it out next year. Makes me wonder though, whos going to race for team kate next year...

Stevo
31st October 2005, 08:24
I too was hoping he would win SBK title. Was pretty sure he was leaving to MotoGP though. Gutting that he has left Honda though. Ah well, I'll support him when he sees the light and switches back :killingme