PDA

View Full Version : Bike selection

heavenly.talker
31st October 2005, 09:29
Hey

I am in the midst of trying to sell my bike and then buy something bigger. I took a bike for a test ride that I fancy 750 Magna and would greatly appreciate the benefit of your knoweldge and experience of the bikes I am thinking of.

Also, I'm a shortie at 5 foot 3ish and solid and was wondering if you would recommend any other bikes. I'm pretty much like the crusier type bikes but would consider something else.

The 750 shadow looks good but I have heard some discontent with the bike (bike review on kb) and was wondering if anyone has got comments on their take on the bike?

The c50 and m50 were uncomfortable as the bars were too far away from my arms. It also felt too physcially big.

Odin
1st November 2005, 02:20
Well i currently have a magna 750. And I'm looking to sell it so fell free to have a look on trademe on the attached link.

As per a review. Well I came out off 10 years of MC driving hibernation and went straight for the Magna 750. In early 95 i sold my Suzuki savage 650 after having it for about a year and doing no more then 7-8000km's on it. The savage, being a one cylinder, water-cooled bike is light and doesn't have all that much power for a 650cc. Therefore when i was looking for a bike to return on i was looking for v-twin and a little more grunt. Well the Magna has a lot more grunt in my view. Open it up and you'll feel it kick. But its 4 cylinders and water-cooled making it somewhat heavier. And its not that it hasn't got enough grunt to carry it. Its more like i am to small and its to long since I was biking last (as in 95) and maybe I'm not quite willing to live quite as far out on the edge anymore. So for me its to heavy to trow arround as I'd like. But it has good grunt and is very comfortable for me to drive.

Hope that helps a bit.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=38815119

heavenly.talker
1st November 2005, 08:28
Thanks for your feedback on the magna :-) I appreciate your honesty. Best of luck with the auction