PDA

View Full Version : Any Italjet's in here (or out there)?

DebK
16th February 2004, 16:46
I'm on a Dragster 180 but not yet sighted another within the Wellington area yet. Any out there (or anywhere)?

Yamahamaman
9th March 2004, 19:25
I'm on a Dragster 180 but not yet sighted another within the Wellington area yet. Any out there (or anywhere)?
A friend of mine has a black one. But he doesn't reside in Wellington.

Motoracer
9th March 2004, 19:45
A friend of mine has a black one. But he doesn't reside in Wellington.

Mean every thing but PMPL @ his foot wear. I hope he doesn't hoon around in thoes jandals :thud:

DebK
9th March 2004, 20:02
Yamahamaman, does your mate with the Dragster join in on any bike rides?

Not too sure whether I should join in on one of the 250cc club Sunday gaunts or not. It is only a scooter at the end of the day. No matter how quick it might be & how good the brakes are, it has only 11 on the front & 13 on the rear - feel every bump and hole! Can also throw me off line if I'm not hanging on tight enough.

Last thing I want to do is make an ass of myself and hit the tarmac up or down the Rumatakas.

James Deuce
9th March 2004, 20:05

Not too sure whether I should join in on one of the 250cc club Sunday gaunts or not. It is only a scooter at the end of the day. No matter how quick it might be & how good the brakes are, it has only 11 on the front & 13 on the rear - feel every bump and hole! Can also throw me off line if I'm not hanging on tight enough.

Last thing I want to do is make an ass of myself and hit the tarmac up or down the Rumatakas.

Hanging on tight will make it worse. Reeelaaaaax.

You'll be sweet and there is every level of skill and speed you can think of. Don't go any quicker than you feel happy doing and you'll be fine. - Now get out there and ride! If the Vespa club can do the Cold Kiwi, you can do the Rimutakas on a nice day :)

Yamahamaman
9th March 2004, 20:14

I don't think so but he likes to pass cars in the fast lane on the motorways. He has said that the car drivers tend to get a wee bit upset by being passed by a :scooter:

DebK
10th March 2004, 21:27
Hanging on tight will make it worse. Reeelaaaaax.

You'll be sweet and there is every level of skill and speed you can think of. Don't go any quicker than you feel happy doing and you'll be fine. - Now get out there and ride! If the Vespa club can do the Cold Kiwi, you can do the Rimutakas on a nice day :)
Took your advice on the way home tonight Jim2.

Came out of ClubK in Kelburn about 7:10 & the weather had turned to custard so conditions home were treacherous. Relaxed my shoulders and the scoot handled far better, even in the gail force winds down the Old Hutt Rd & up the gorge.

Thanks Jim2!

James Deuce
13th March 2004, 16:00

Came out of ClubK in Kelburn about 7:10 & the weather had turned to custard so conditions home were treacherous. Relaxed my shoulders and the scoot handled far better, even in the gail force winds down the Old Hutt Rd & up the gorge.

Thanks Jim2!

Goodness me it works!!

I better try it now!

You're welcome :)

Indiana_Jones
26th March 2004, 19:57
I don't think so but he likes to pass cars in the fast lane on the motorways. He has said that the car drivers tend to get a wee bit upset by being passed by a :scooter:

lol I should imagine they would lol :ride:

-Indy

Motu
26th March 2004, 20:28
I've seen one around here,most likely the one others mention.

Hey DebK,I'm kinda intrigued by those things - centre hub steering is high tech,and the only production bikes to use it were a Yamaha and Bimota - I've seen the Bimota in real life,just pulled into the station for fuel - shee it!

Anyway,what I want to know is what kinda of transmission does it have - do you have a clutch and change gear,no clutch and stepless,no clutch but you can feel gear changes....whatcha got eh?

Posh Tourer :P
27th March 2004, 09:04

Thanks Jim2!

Definitely works on the BM... maybe the 19 in wheels helps me feel it, but when I lean it into a corner, the bike pushes the handlebars slightly round, to being fractionally turned in. Stiff arms/shoulders = sore muscles, cos that bike pushes you around the way it wants you to go.... Relaxing is definitely the key, dont try to make the bike do what you want, point it in the right direction, and let it sort out the fine details for you. Probably works more with the BM than other bikes, but still applicable.