PDA

View Full Version : JUST SAYING HI

james
16th February 2004, 16:53
Hi everyone, I don’t no if I’m doing this right but I’m sure someone out there will let me no if i cock this up.
I’ve recently got myself a bike after so many years of wanting one, I have my brother to thank, not only did he think it was time i got one but he sold me his Honda vt250 magna, Darren you could sell ice to Eskimos, I’ve recently been through a marriage split up and getting the bike has made getting out of bed a hell of a lot easier, I’m lucky to be in my own business, so as soon as the jobs are done and the weathers good off i go into the wild blue yonder, I’ve got no thoughts of the past, no thoughts of tomorrow, just the road ahead, and it feels great, its nice to meet other riders out on the road and although i no nothing about engines, gears, or even how bikes work, we all feel the same as soon as we put on the leather and ride, we feel free.
I hope i get to meet a few of the members on this site or hear from you anyway. Happy riding bye for now.

wari
16th February 2004, 18:23
Welcome James .... good to see you've got the bug and discovered the stress reliever that biking is.

You got a lot to thank your brovver for ... take care mate.

:spudwave:

Motu
16th February 2004, 19:10
Welcome - that's one cool bike,I can see why you like to get out on it!

Andrew
16th February 2004, 19:55
Yea, that bike is something special!

darren
16th February 2004, 19:58
heah bro good to see you on, bike still looks good
It better stay like that :thud:

catch ya on the road

darren

SPman
16th February 2004, 20:29
Interesting how many people "re discover" bikes after a marriage break up!:)
Welcome to the merry band.

DebK
16th February 2004, 20:33
Hi James,

Nice post & I know you'll be made to feel very welcome, like I have since I joined in last week.

Did I take the same course with you late last year? Your bike is very distinctive & from memory (if it is you) you had just purchased it and the same day or day before had attended the learners course. I was on the funny looking red scooter that pretends to look like a sportsbike? It rained a lot? The young girl on the 250 dropped her bike around the cones?

Zed
16th February 2004, 21:17
Hi everyone, I don’t no if I’m doing this right but I’m sure someone out there will let me no if i cock this up.
I’ve recently got myself a bike after so many years of wanting one, I have my brother to thank, not only did he think it was time i got one but he sold me his Honda vt250 magna, Darren you could sell ice to Eskimos, I’ve recently been through a marriage split up and getting the bike has made getting out of bed a hell of a lot easier, I’m lucky to be in my own business, so as soon as the jobs are done and the weathers good off i go into the wild blue yonder, I’ve got no thoughts of the past, no thoughts of tomorrow, just the road ahead, and it feels great, its nice to meet other riders out on the road and although i no nothing about engines, gears, or even how bikes work, we all feel the same as soon as we put on the leather and ride, we feel free.
I hope i get to meet a few of the members on this site or hear from you anyway. Happy riding bye for now.
Hi to you too & welcome.

I can relate to what you say about your bike- they are a good escape! :banana:

Sorry to have to say this mate, but your homepage link on your profile is sick...what's the meaning behind that??

Zed

riffer
17th February 2004, 07:27
Sorry to have to say this mate, but your homepage link on your profile is sick...what's the meaning behind that??
Yeah, James, sounds to me like there's a bit of anger towards the ex letting itself out in some odd way...

Chill mate. Let's hope you don't have kids with the ex to complicate matters.

I won't go there - it takes too long...

See you on the road some time. Good to see (yet) another musician on the site too...

james
17th February 2004, 10:11
Hi James,

Nice post & I know you'll be made to feel very welcome, like I have since I joined in last week.

Did I take the same course with you late last year? Your bike is very distinctive & from memory (if it is you) you had just purchased it and the same day or day before had attended the learners course. I was on the funny looking red scooter that pretends to look like a sportsbike? It rained a lot? The young girl on the 250 dropped her bike around the cones?

hi debk sorry to say it wasnt me on the course,it was probibly my brother darren,he bought the bike around that time,i was the one watching him and his wife going round and round thanks for the message hope to meet you someday

james
17th February 2004, 10:26
Hi to you too & welcome.

I can relate to what you say about your bike- they are a good escape! :banana:

Zed

i agree zed sorry mate im new to the pc i left that part of profile blank,im more suprised to see that crap then you were.

james
17th February 2004, 10:29
Yeah, James, sounds to me like there's a bit of anger towards the ex letting itself out in some odd way...

Chill mate. Let's hope you don't have kids with the ex to complicate matters.

I won't go there - it takes too long...

See you on the road some time. Good to see (yet) another musician on the site too...

sorry for the profile,i left that part of the profile blank,im more suprised to see that crap than you were.

Zed
17th February 2004, 11:50
i agree zed sorry mate im new to the pc i left that part of profile blank,im more suprised to see that crap then you were.
np (no prob) :msn-wink:

Zed

riffer
17th February 2004, 11:58
ooooo ... gremlins in the site...

Nice to hear you're not weird in that way, ya know...

See ya on the road one time mate.

riffer
17th February 2004, 12:02
BTW, what sort of music are you writing/performing?

I'm into rock music. Play a Gibson Les Paul/Marshall Amp - you know the stuff.

james
17th February 2004, 18:04
BTW, what sort of music are you writing/performing?

I'm into rock music. Play a Gibson Les Paul/Marshall Amp - you know the stuff.

im into all sorts of music,i write rock,r&b,ballads even tryed rap not that im into that stuff,but i do like dylan,neil young etc,been in a few bands but mostly record now,my brother darren,also a member of this site,we get together and record sometimes,and burn our own cds. :rockon:

DebK
17th February 2004, 19:26
I'm off to The Pretenders concert Thursday night and can't wait. Possibly not the kind of rock you're into James but Chrissie does rock very well, even at 52. My dream concert and was a toss between The P's and Bowie. :Punk:

Anyone else goin?

Do you park on The Terrace? Sure I saw a similar bike to yours today. I park there. Don't panic, I'm not a stalker!

james
17th February 2004, 19:50
hi no sorry wasnt me on terrace,to wet to ride for me,yeah i no im a pussy,but i was out in lower hutt all day .

james
17th February 2004, 19:52
bye the way theres nothing wrong with the pretender,brass in pocket,one of my favoirites,enjoy the concert.

LB
18th February 2004, 04:56
Do you park on The Terrace? Sure I saw a similar bike to yours today. I park there. Don't panic, I'm not a stalker!
DebK - which Terrace park? I work close to a couple of them......

riffer
18th February 2004, 07:19
Hi Deb. Was that you I saw on the mway by Aotea Quay offramp this morning just before 8.00?

I was on the blue and white Yamaha.

Cool looking bike! Good performance and handling too, by the way you were cutting through those cars...

If it was you though, weren't you cold? Riding with a skirt on in this weather?

brrrrrrrr..... you're more staunch than me...

DebK
18th February 2004, 12:00
Hi Lynda - park next to Lambton Square elevator entry. Good park as is big and I work right opposite. Cafe Rise is far to convenient though as spend too much money on coffee after I park the scoot. When I grow up I want to ride a "monster" like yours :)

Hi celticno6 - that looney with the skirt was me. Armoured waist up but tend to wear work pants or skirt or gym gear below. Stoopid move I know, especially when I'm doing motorway speeds. Getting proper pants for the winter. Yep, 'twas cold today! He does handle alright but I'm thinking that if you jumped on it you may think differently? It is only a scooter afterall.

Really liked your bike - great looking, especially with the helmet you have.

riffer
18th February 2004, 18:55
My tatty old 17 year old commuter? You flatter me!

Nah, its okay.. I love my bike. Gotta admit its the first time I've had scooter envy though...

Hope you're wrapped up warm tomorrow - its gonna blow and pour!

Hitcher
18th February 2004, 20:37
Hi Lynda - park next to Lambton Square elevator entry. Good park as is big and I work right opposite. Cafe Rise is far to convenient though as spend too much money on coffee after I park the scoot. When I grow up I want to ride a "monster" like yours :)

Hi celticno6 - that looney with the skirt was me. Armoured waist up but tend to wear work pants or skirt or gym gear below. Stoopid move I know, especially when I'm doing motorway speeds. Getting proper pants for the winter. Yep, 'twas cold today! He does handle alright but I'm thinking that if you jumped on it you may think differently? It is only a scooter afterall.

Spotted you on your ride tonight DebK -- I was a gridlocked cager in a silver Impreza trying to go up the Terrace while you were going the other way...

DebK
18th February 2004, 21:10
Apologies James... I've hijacked your thread.

Hi Hitcher - I would have been on the way back from Club Kelburn gym. Too windy to head home on the m-way so took the back way - Hutt Rd & then up the gorge. Bloody gusty once I hit some open air & felt like my helmet was going to be ripped off.

Celticno6 - damn the weather. Hate it when I can't ride in - will give it a go though. Need to get me some temporary rubber pants & overjacket that I can pack away down to nothing & put under the seat for emergencies. My armour is showerproof only.

What do you guys use?

LB
19th February 2004, 05:19
Spotted you on your ride tonight DebK -- I was a gridlocked cager in a silver Impreza trying to go up the Terrace while you were going the other way...
ah shit.....so I left my card on the wrong bike parked by the ped x-ing on the north end of The Terrace yesterday mng.......

LB
19th February 2004, 05:20

Will have to get in touch, I work almost opposite you.

riffer
19th February 2004, 07:47
My armour is showerproof only.

What do you guys use?
Dririder pants, Spool jacket. Cordura with full Kevlar armour and Scotchlite reflective material.

Handmade Last Footwear Company Riding Boots.

Generic Leather gloves with Thinsulate linings (dubbinned regularly to keep out the water).

Seems to keep nearly all the rain off me, but its quite hot. In this funny weather you can really only get away with wearing underwear underneath or you boil. :o

james
19th February 2004, 11:23
Apologies James... I've hijacked your thread.

Hi Hitcher - I would have been on the way back from Club Kelburn gym. Too windy to head home on the m-way so took the back way - Hutt Rd & then up the gorge. Bloody gusty once I hit some open air & felt like my helmet was going to be ripped off.

Celticno6 - damn the weather. Hate it when I can't ride in - will give it a go though. Need to get me some temporary rubber pants & overjacket that I can pack away down to nothing & put under the seat for emergencies. My armour is showerproof only.

What do you guys use?

no prob go for it

Coldkiwi
19th February 2004, 11:56
man, I'm envious of you wellington types all parking so close together. Its a nice look down near Featherston street with all the wheels.
But i have to say I prefer not normally having to fight my helmet breaking loose in high winds. As for riding in a skirt Deb, I'm glad to see you know its not a great idea! get decent gear and you'll enjoy the riding so much more (specially on crusty days)

DebK
19th February 2004, 12:05
ah shit.....so I left my card on the wrong bike parked by the ped x-ing on the north end of The Terrace yesterday mng.......
Ha! Did you still get a call though?

Popped out on the scoot at lunch time & found your card. Very cool. Will call you soon.

Buzzed across to Motorad to look at plastic pants. Ordered some and then, dammit, Barry from Sawyers pointed me in the direction of a 2004 CBR600RR. Jump on, he encouraged. Oh my my, it was sex on a stick without even starting it up. $17K's worth of sex even. Haven't got that kind of dosh at the moment but I now have a vision for the future...

James, James! To help you further get over your split, I encourage you to stroll 'round Motorad. 'Tis the ultimate lollie shop mate. Sit on the CBR or the R6 even.

MikeL
19th February 2004, 12:28
But i have to say I prefer not normally having to fight my helmet breaking loose in high winds.

To be fair CK we have had a few strong gusts in Auckland recently. Perhaps not quite up to what Wlg has had, but I do recall a few nights ago lying in bed as the house was shaking and wondering whether the roof would stay on.

IMO having lived in Wellington years ago and now in Akl I think Akl has got more windy and Wlg generally less windy.

Hitcher
19th February 2004, 16:45

Guess so! I know that one -- standard Zrex can rather than an Kerker -- and mine currently has a bust nose!!

LB
19th February 2004, 17:56
Guess so! I know that one -- standard Zrex can rather than an Kerker -- and mine currently has a bust nose!!
Yeah, I realised last night it wasn't scratched and didn't have a Kerker. But he rang me today, though I was in a meeting and couldn't talk! I apologised for mistaking his bike and promised him I wasn't a stalker.....

Ms Piggy
20th February 2004, 14:07

Welcome James - nothing like the medicine of a ride to make life feel sooooooo much better. If you ever want some company then give me a PM.

Cheers :ride:

Ms Piggy
20th February 2004, 14:13

Ditto here Deb! I'm already dreaming of my next bike!!

Hey do you ever go out riding on the weekends or after work? I'm keen to go out with some other newbie riders who are keen to do a bit of exploring.

PM me if ya wanna get out - we could do a coffee run :)

DebK
22nd February 2004, 11:50
Ditto here Deb! I'm already dreaming of my next bike!!

Hey do you ever go out riding on the weekends or after work? I'm keen to go out with some other newbie riders who are keen to do a bit of exploring.

PM me if ya wanna get out - we could do a coffee run :)
I'm keen as. Good idea. Time is a prob at the moment as I think I'm going to be working later nights this week. I've also got to jack up a coffee with Lynda sometime this week.

Went back into Motorad yesterday and dragged my husband along to show him the CBR600RR. Was on stands in the workshop but still looked damn sexy. Jamie wasn't so sure though as he's currently fine with me on the scoot but seeing the glint in my eye yesterday he's now getting worried :D

Ms Piggy
22nd February 2004, 16:35
I'm keen as. Good idea. Time is a prob at the moment as I think I'm going to be working later nights this week. I've also got to jack up a coffee with Lynda sometime this week.

Went back into Motorad yesterday and dragged my husband along to show him the CBR600RR. Was on stands in the workshop but still looked damn sexy. Jamie wasn't so sure though as he's currently fine with me on the scoot but seeing the glint in my eye yesterday he's now getting worried :D

Sweet as - just PM me when you have the time, no hurry :D

NumptyBoy
29th March 2005, 02:06
Nice! I picked up a 250 Magna as my first bike as well and I love it too! Having a nightmare finding an owners manual for it though... it´s a 96- any clues?

Ixion
29th March 2005, 02:12
Oh good - I think I get to be the first to welcome NumptyBoy. Welcome and GodSpeed

Ixion
29th March 2005, 02:13
Nice! I picked up a 250 Magna as my first bike as well and I love it too! Having a nightmare finding an owners manual for it though... it´s a 96- any clues?

Berlin. Berlin ? As in Berlin, Brandenburg ? That's a long way away ! :confused:

NumptyBoy
30th March 2005, 01:52
Hey, thanks, nice to be welcomed. Ahhh... yeah, that´s the Berlin, yeah. Not much riding here though, my bike´s in Dublin (yep, Ireland), and to be honest, the autobahn would give me the geebies on a bike. I´m going to do a bit of touring about the place before heading home to NZ, though. Just trying to find that damned manual...

Ixion
30th March 2005, 02:19
Hey, thanks, nice to be welcomed. Ahhh... yeah, that´s the Berlin, yeah. Not much riding here though, my bike´s in Dublin (yep, Ireland), and to be honest, the autobahn would give me the geebies on a bike. I´m going to do a bit of touring about the place before heading home to NZ, though. Just trying to find that damned manual...

Ah. Haveyou by any chance in your travels learned any really vitriolic, blisterering, totally soul destroying German curse words or imprecations. Suitable for addressing at the diabolical misbegotten never to adequately damned lump of scrap iron that masquerades as a gearbox on BMW bikes ?Swearing at in English just makes it sneer at me and klonk and krunzch and klank all the more. Perhaps a verbal hosing in its own native language would bring it to heel. :angry2:

Posh Tourer :P
30th March 2005, 03:01
Ah. Haveyou by any chance in your travels learned any really vitriolic, blisterering, totally soul destroying German curse words or imprecations. Suitable for addressing at the diabolical misbegotten never to adequately damned lump of scrap iron that masquerades as a gearbox on BMW bikes ?Swearing at in English just makes it sneer at me and klonk and krunzch and klank all the more. Perhaps a verbal hosing in its own native language would bring it to heel. :angry2:

It doesnt work. The cure is to buy a K1200S instead. Better than the Hayabusa according to MCN last week.....

Posh Tourer :P
30th March 2005, 03:03

pm me if you get up around Norwich way... or if you want me to ride your bike to somewhere convenient for you :devil2: I'll be here for the next 6 months or so.....

Milky
1st April 2005, 22:41

Hahahahaha...

I know exactly what you mean. I think you have to resign yourself to the fact that the 'box has triumphed and slowly adjust your style to suit. These german devices have a habit of being stubborn, and as much as we might like the box to emigrate to Japan, it just doesnt have the capacity to do it itself :(

Milky
1st April 2005, 22:43
...Knowing you machinery helps too. Methinks the box is slightly more than iron - a little bit of alloy here and there, some rubber, maybe some flash wear-resistant coating on the gears ;)

Biff
2nd April 2005, 00:09
Welcome :niceone:

magnum
6th April 2005, 16:56
hi back at ya :ride: