PDA

View Full Version : Auckland charter boat operators?

ManDownUnder
31st October 2005, 14:11
Anyone know a good one for either fishing or cruising?

Christmas coming up and all that...

Sniper
31st October 2005, 14:12
Sealord......

The_Dover
31st October 2005, 14:12
There's a dude that sponsors my rugby club, does fishing charters in the Manukau Harbour. I'll try and get his details for you.

Indiana_Jones
31st October 2005, 14:13
I've got a day skipper licence and I was on the spirit on NZ, I'll be your captain :D

-Indy

ManDownUnder
31st October 2005, 14:18
Dover - cheers chap.

How 'bout cruise operators too??

Indiana_Jones
31st October 2005, 14:22
Is a yacht ok for a cruise? (http://www.prideofauckland.com/)

-Indy

Indiana_Jones
31st October 2005, 14:31
I'll see your day skipper and raise you an Inshore Launch Master. Used to drive dem ferries what gets around the harbour, still do on the odd occasion.. could investigate prices for a dinner/dance/get on the piss cruise if you want MDU.. then we can take up to 400 peeps.... now thars an idea.. arrr arr (pirate noises)

I raise you.......ummmmm......well I'm going to the New Zealand Maritime school next year and hopefully get my 2nd mate's foreign going licence? :D

-Indy

ManDownUnder
31st October 2005, 14:32
I'll see your day skipper and raise you an Inshore Launch Master. Used to drive dem ferries what gets around the harbour, still do on the odd occasion.. could investigate prices for a dinner/dance/get on the piss cruise if you want MDU.. then we can take up to 400 peeps.... now thars an idea.. arrr arr (pirate noises)

yeah - that's the kind of thing - just not sure about the 400 peeps... just a bunch of mates getting together, around Enf of Jan or so probly

Indy - yauchts are ok... just need somethin' to put the BBQ on too...

bugjuice
31st October 2005, 14:33
I'd be keen to get seasick if we did a KB thing.. oo arrrrrgggggghhhh capin'.. batun down me marsts, an walk me plank..

Indiana_Jones
31st October 2005, 14:34
KB PIRATE DAY!

ARGH! I'm good for it lol

-Indy

Indiana_Jones
31st October 2005, 14:45
THE GREAT KIWIBIKER RUM RUN!

YO HO HO!

ok, now where did I put my Pirates of the carribean soundtrack to?

-Indy

ManDownUnder
31st October 2005, 15:05
ok - a boat for about 20 bods, a few drinks, BBQ maybe farting around diving etc...

Thoughts and suggestions welcome. I know jack about this stuff so HEEEELLLPPPP!!!!!

Sniper
31st October 2005, 15:12
I know jack about this stuff so HEEEELLLPPPP!!!!!

If you know Jack, why don't you ask him, Im sure he could help?

bugjuice
31st October 2005, 15:16
Our boats are too big for that size crowd really so best to phone Westhaven Marina. They shite loads of the very thing your looking for.. or.. google is your friend.
I love my googles.. they are my friend..

there's a boat or two that's often mored (is that right?) by the bridge, a big blue thing, with an 0800 number on the side. I often see it and think that'd be a good idea. Not sure how many it holds. I'll try to remember it next time I see it, unless anyone else knows it..
Or yellow pages..

Devil
31st October 2005, 15:24
If you get desperate you can hire our kayaks :D

Grizz
31st October 2005, 16:17
Hey MDU, here are two I am familair with:

Try this link, the second vessel from the top I have been on for a fishing cruise with work, we had about 18 people, caught a shitload of fish, 71 for the day, mostly large snapper but one of the lads caught a massive John Dory, bit rough and ready, but for fishing it was perfect.

http://www.seatours.co.nz/Fishingboats.html#anchor287370

The second one is this link, Boat 316L (Lady Vee).

http://www.seatours.co.nz/Launches.html

This one is or was run by my cousin, good bloke, and from all accounts a tight operation, haven't been personally, and unfortunately can't help you with a discount, but worth a look.

NAK1D

Indiana_Jones
31st October 2005, 16:59
If you know Jack, why don't you ask him, Im sure he could help?

"Your a funny guy Sully, that's why I'm going to kill you last."

-Indy