PDA

View Full Version : Dealer or private sale??

zooty
1st November 2005, 07:00
Bought a 1989 cbr250r from redbaron 6 months ago.Done like 300kms in this time.Bike is in mint condition and only done 2500kms!!!! Bought it for $5000, and now they will buy the bike for 3500-4000....

Am i better off trying to sell privately or accept that dealers 'have to make a profit??'

FROSTY
1st November 2005, 07:14
holey cow man -thjeyll pay ya only a grand less than you paid for it--snap it up dude.
Some new cars devalue by tens of thousands of dollars as soon as the tyres hit the pavement

Sniper
1st November 2005, 07:25
What Frosty said, you proberbly wouldn;t get much more than that if you sold privately.

sAsLEX
1st November 2005, 08:26
holey cow man -thjeyll pay ya only a grand less than you paid for it--snap it up dude.
Some new cars devalue by tens of thousands of dollars as soon as the tyres hit the pavement

umm not cbr250s generally, I know the rr are more sought after, didnt pyro buy one for 7k?

might pay to have a little look at the market first

ManDownUnder
1st November 2005, 08:33
If you're in no hurry to sell - go for private sale.

If speed and/or convenience are important (like you need the money NOW - for that once in a lifetime dream machine)... Dealer.

Word for the wise though... once in a lifetime deals come along abaout every month or so if you're looking for them. I'd suggest you sell privately and buy what you dream of when you can afford it.

MDU

zooty
1st November 2005, 11:12
thanks for the info...yea selling to a dealer really takes the hassle out of private sale...(test rides, dodgy characters etc...)