PDA

View Full Version : heat coating a two-stroke

FzerozeroT
17th February 2004, 06:56
Thinking about tuning the bike up a bit (plans for after warranty expires), has anyone had experience with using a heat treatment on a two-stroke exhaust i.e. HPC coating, as the extra heat would make the gas expand more it would chage the charachteristics ofthe pipe, or would htter exhaust gasses feedback against the sides of the piston on the upstroke and cause overheating? on the samevein, what about adding cooling fins to the pipe to cool the gases a bit faster?

curious george
17th February 2004, 08:55
Yes, changing the heat of the gas will change the tune. If you want to supe it up, look out for a second hand racing pipe. Could be quite cheap, as you only need one.
I havn't changed the pipes on mine, but spending a bit of time and money on the suspension has paid off.
I think it's dave races the 125's, so perhaps ask him directly?

Dave
17th February 2004, 13:11
The best thing about bikes is that if you want to go faster-buy the next size up, if thats not fast enough,go up one again. It is my opinion that there is very little point in hotting up a bike because there are bikes being made fairly cheaply that none of us have enough talent to fully exploit.Why spend your money modifying a bike that is ageing every day when that money could be going into a newer,faster bike. :spudwhat:

FzerozeroT
18th February 2004, 06:24
If I had a trillion dollars i would keep the car / bike I have and hot them up. Just to be different. I am thinking of the future (636, Dayona 600), but will still keep this bike (commuting and/or trackdays).