PDA

View Full Version : Glory to Dallas and Mike a big f**k u to the others

heavenly.talker
2nd November 2005, 18:11
So...

Hubby and I have been on the look out for new bikes for the last couple of months.

We got serious about it today. We went down to the local (where we have introduced many of our friends to over the last year or so and most of our business)...the service from the manager was crap and put the sales dude (who tried his best) in a no win situation.

I said to hubby that was the last strike (yes same place that had me pissed off a month ago) and f**k it (and them), I only wanted to deal with people that know about service and who I could trust. Why spend serious cash with a place that are a bunch of cocks! (not all of them granted, actually one or two are really nice, but not the one who makes the decisions!!! or sets the service standard).

We ended up heading over to see Sarge (Dallas) at Coleman Suzuki who had both me and hubby sitting and testing bikes in a flash. He was interested, funny, makes the best cup of coffee and most of all was paitent and sincere! Yay Dallas you are awesome. We also got to meet Dover who was holding up a seat in the showroom :-) lol.

Hubby found a bike he liked but I didn't get a special connection with anything so we decided to go away and think about it (this is even after Dallas pulled rabbits out of his hat with discounts because we were considering buying two bikes).

Dallas told hubbie that because we were KBer's he would give us a special deal and we were welcome to come back anytime when we were in the area (even just to have coffee or chew the fat if we felt like it).

He also said he would keep a lookout for a bike for me and get in touch as soon as he find a likely suspect.
I was totally impressed by the service. Real and totally went the extra mile.

So off we toddled to see Mike at Mount Eden Motorcycles.

He was pleased to see us, remembered both of our names and was happy for us to look around again. The bike I took for a test ride on labour weekend was still there and so was the deal that he offered to us then.

He then added some extra service benefits that gave me the confidence to buy the bike and was happy to deal with me and not just the hubby. Again, the service was real, funny and sincere.

I totally rate both of these gentleman (especially as a woman...they are not be condescending, they are not impaitient when asked questions, and they treat you as a valid customer that is important to their business).

Again not the experience that we have had at the local!

We did the paperwork with Mike at Mount Eden and I am now the proud owner of a new wee beastie!!!! yay!! IT FEELS GREAT!

We decided to call in to see SARGE (Dallas) at Coleman's to tell him to call off the bike search. While we were there I convinced hubby to place an order for the bike that he really wanted but was slightly out of our planned budget!

Dallas is giving us a FANTASTIC deal and all because we are KBer's!!!!! and because he knows that with us every dollar he can squeeze makes the difference from me cooking gumboots and eating noddles :not: :sunny: :niceone: :niceone: :sunny: :love: :love:

Both Mike at Mount Eden and Dallas belong to and support the site. Totally recommend that you check them out for bikes, parts, and service if you are looking!

Thanks so much Mike and Dallas for making it a great day that was fun and exciting!!

WAhoo!! Can't wait to pick up our new lovelies and look forward to showing them off soon.

Just in case you were wondering what we got...

Hubby got the new suzuki v-strom 1000
and I got the 750 Honda Magna

Both are great for touring the South Island...as we have been planning and saving to do for the last 5 years and that we are finally off to do this summer!!!

SWEET AS !

James Deuce
2nd November 2005, 18:16
Fantastic post, and Mike and Dallas should be proud of themselves after that.

I take it the V-Strom was from Coleman's and the Magna from Mt Eden? (I hope I didn't miss that somewhere).

Even though I often get told off for saying this, I really like those 750 Magna's.

Have fun, and don't eat Red Band gumboots, they give you gas.

heavenly.talker
2nd November 2005, 18:23
I take it the V-Strom was from Coleman's and the Magna from Mt Eden? (I hope I didn't miss that somewhere).
Have fun, and don't eat Red Band gumboots, they give you gas.

Yes you got it right there. V-Strom from Coleman's and magna from Mt Eden.

As for the red band gumboots...I find the gas helps to keep me warm on the bike on cold days...like an automatic seat warmer thing :-)

Although I am quite convinced the new Magna has a seat warmer as I was toastie as when I took it for a test ride...or maybe that was the curry?...

Probably TMI lol!

SPman
2nd November 2005, 18:49
Two of the good guys on the Auckland bike scene, that make the effort and go that bit extra.There are others, but Dallas and Mike are right up there. Both highly recomended. Cheers guys :niceone:

Brian d marge
2nd November 2005, 18:59
I cant understand it either ,,,,why is it so hard for some bikeshop owners to think of the customer sometimes ...As an employee I have been put in that impossible situation by a few ,,,,D%^&& I have worked for ..when all it would have taken was a bit of patience ,,,the loss of a few dollars ,...in order to gain the bigger picture ,,,as in a sale ...and possibly more sales after that !!!

I mean ,,,its just beyond belief that shops like those others exist..... I better sign off and go do some work ,,before I start foamiong at the mouth ,,,,,( to late its started ...)

Glad to see all was happy in the end ,,,,well done those two shops ......

Stephen

Macktheknife
2nd November 2005, 19:12
I have been riding for 25 years or thereabouts and I have met lots of guys in bike shops who have crap attitudes, once upon a time that was ok because people didnt have a lot of choice. Now you can walk down the road or take a short drive and get some good service from guys like Sarge and Mike. Now if you are going to spend $10K or more on a bike wouldnt you want to be treated like a customer instead of an inconvenience? My vote and my money has gone to both of these guys AND it will continue to do so from now on. I also have friends who are getting back into biking and will refer them on to Colemans or Mt Eden for their needs.
Good on these guys for raising the bar and providing great service to KBers. thanks.

SARGE
2nd November 2005, 21:38
awww hell guys.. im getting all misty now..

i'd like to thank my mom.. dad.. the parole board.. the Loch Ness Monster.. the Easter Bunny...Silvia Platt

:done:

was really a treat to meet you guys today. to be honest, the coffee was easy.. i just pushed a button.. talk to Cheese about the coffee itself ( great machine from Expressoworks)

i think i've met Mike a few times .. nice guy...

even though he sells Kawasaki's :doh:

limbimtimwim
2nd November 2005, 22:30
As an employee I have been put in that impossible situation by a few ,,,,D%^&& I have worked for ..when all it would have taken was a bit of patience ,,,the loss of a few dollars ,...in order to gain the bigger picture ,,,as in a sale ...and possibly more sales after that !!!Hmm.. The boss. The place I got my bike from, the sales guy was good. Friendly, helpful, we haggled in a reasonable fashion. Any problems I had, he sorted. He let me re-learn how to ride a bike in a car park for nearly an hour.

Anyway, I had one largish problem, it was obvious that the clutch was poked when I got it (I could make it break loose not even trying going up the hill I lived on), but I wasn't confident enough to ride it wayyy out to where I had got the bike. Also the light in the clocks was blown. Sales guy rang up a couple of weeks after I got the bike to say 'hello, how are things going?' I tell him of the clutch he says 'no worries, bring it in when you can, and we'll sort the clutch out, no cost to you'. See; he was all good.. As Luck would have it, when I took the bike in to fix that clutch, sales guy was away.

When I went back to pick it up, I was faced with a bill. Needless to say, I was quite fucked off. I argued with the guy (The boss) but he laughed, and belittled the sales guy who was not there to defend himself or back me up; "HAH! Sales guy doesn't know shit!" is essentially what he said. But I paid the bill because I needed the bike again ASAP, hoping I'd sort out a credit or get my money back later from sales guy.

So I rang back a bit later, talked to sales guy, he talked to the boss and got me a measly credit. I claimed back the credit short thereafter, I could tell he knew he had lost me forever. Never again would I spend a dollar there, I rode right past a month ago in desperate need of earplugs (Seriously, my new exhaust sounds fantastic but makes me want to vomit after a few hours) but could not let myself spend a couple of $$ there.

Soo.. I shoud have got it in writing. But I mean, the plan is the next bike is a 748 or an SP2, I'm not kidding around. They will not be on the 'places to visit with a bundle of cash' tour next year.

Ixion
2nd November 2005, 22:43
Not to mention that the sales dude will feel pretty sick that he was crapped on. First rule of management: you back your staff up no matter what it costs. Bollock them in private if needed, but if they've made a commitment you don't pull the rug from under their feet. Or you'll have pissed of customers, and unmotivated staff.

James Deuce
2nd November 2005, 22:49
Not to mention that the sales dude will feel pretty sick that he was crapped on. First rule of management: you back your staff up no matter what it costs. Bollock them in private if needed, but if they've made a commitment you don't pull the rug from under their feet. Or you'll have pissed of customers, and unmotivated staff.

The opposite seems to be the first rule of management in bike sales. Make the sales guy on the floor look stupid as often as possible. I sometimes wonder how any new bikes get sold at all. I had a really positive experience buying the R6 though, and Sawyers were VERY honourable.

justsomeguy
2nd November 2005, 22:53

i'd like to thank my mom.. dad.. the parole board.. the Loch Ness Monster.. the Easter Bunny...Silvia Platt

was really a treat to meet you guys today. to be honest, the coffee was easy.. i just pushed a button.. talk to Cheese about the coffee itself ( great machine from Expressoworks)

OOOhhh our dearest tubby bitch:love:

justsomeguy
2nd November 2005, 22:56
Hmm.. The boss. The place I got my bike from, the sales guy was good. Friendly, helpful, we haggled in a reasonable fashion. Any problems I had, he sorted. He let me re-learn how to ride a bike in a car park for nearly an hour.

Anyway, I had one largish problem, it was obvious that the clutch was poked when I got it (I could make it break loose not even trying going up the hill I lived on), but I wasn't confident enough to ride it wayyy out to where I had got the bike. Also the light in the clocks was blown. Sales guy rang up a couple of weeks after I got the bike to say 'hello, how are things going?' I tell him of the clutch he says 'no worries, bring it in when you can, and we'll sort the clutch out, no cost to you'. See; he was all good.. As Luck would have it, when I took the bike in to fix that clutch, sales guy was away.

When I went back to pick it up, I was faced with a bill. Needless to say, I was quite fucked off. I argued with the guy (The boss) but he laughed, and belittled the sales guy who was not there to defend himself or back me up; "HAH! Sales guy doesn't know shit!" is essentially what he said. But I paid the bill because I needed the bike again ASAP, hoping I'd sort out a credit or get my money back later from sales guy.

So I rang back a bit later, talked to sales guy, he talked to the boss and got me a measly credit. I claimed back the credit short thereafter, I could tell he knew he had lost me forever. Never again would I spend a dollar there, I rode right past a month ago in desperate need of earplugs (Seriously, my new exhaust sounds fantastic but makes me want to vomit after a few hours) but could not let myself spend a couple of $$ there.

Soo.. I shoud have got it in writing. But I mean, the plan is the next bike is a 748 or an SP2, I'm not kidding around. They will not be on the 'places to visit with a bundle of cash' tour next year.

They can sell you one bike and make a few hundred dollars or they can sell you twenty bikes and make a few thousand dollars.

Some people are so stupid I wonder how they stay solvent.

SARGE
2nd November 2005, 22:59

reason 32345 why i left the last place... :argh:

SARGE
2nd November 2005, 23:02
OOOhhh our dearest tubby bitch:love:

just to let you know douchbag..

im down to 99 as of yesterday morning from 110 3 weeks ago..

AND..

im doing the Viaduct- Devonport bay swim

care to grab your togs and put your money where your mouth is?

AND..

Where's the viaduct?
Does it cost anything to enter?
Are you allowed to wear armbands?
how about snorkelling under the water?

But related to the thread in particular...

Colemans is cool... been there once but Sarge is all good. Mt. Eden was sweet as well, even to the point that they didn't have anything we wanted but were recommending other places that we could try (always a good sign).

justsomeguy
2nd November 2005, 23:14

AND..

I swim like a rock. So I keep myself as far away from the drink as possible.

:done: :clap: on the weight loss mate - TOP EFFORT.

Try to loose another 10-15 kgs and then we can put some gloves and mouth guards on and do some cardio exercise once in every coupla weeks if you feel like it....... I reckon your "life experience" makes you a superb sparring partner.:headbang:Serious request by the way.

justsomeguy
2nd November 2005, 23:24
Where's the viaduct?
Does it cost anything to enter?
Are you allowed to wear armbands?
how about snorkelling under the water?

If you need armbands - then you probably need a bit more swimming experience.

Won't you get like... mown down by the ferries?

SARGE
2nd November 2005, 23:26

Try to loose another 10-15 kgs and then we can put some gloves and mouth guards on and do some cardio exercise once in every coupla weeks if you feel like it....... I reckon your "life experience" makes you a superb sparring partner.:headbang:Serious request by the way.

mate .. seriously.. google USMC+PMOS+0321.. then read my profile and ask that question again.

i've never "sparred" in my life

SARGE
2nd November 2005, 23:28
Won't you get like... mown down by the ferries?

its only 2.8 km man... cmon!!!

i used to do that before breakfast

Apologies for the hijack HT

justsomeguy
2nd November 2005, 23:28
mate .. seriously.. google USMC+PMOS+0321.. then read my profile and ask that question again.

i've never "sparred" in my life

OK how bout instruct then??

ALMAR 095/97

««-----------------------------------------------------»»
Date signed: 03/24/97 ALMAR Number: 095/97
<DL>R 241900Z MAR 97
FM CMC WASHINGTON DC//PP&O//
ALMAR 095/97

SUBJ/DESIGNATION OF 0321 RECONNAISSANCE MARINE AS A PRIMARY MOS//

1. THIS ALMAR IS TO IMPLEMENT 0321 AS A PRIMARY MOS FORDESIGNATED INDIVIDUALS FROM THE RANK OF PVT THROUGH SGT.2. BEGINNING 27 MAR 97 AND CONTINUING THROUGH 15 JUNE 97,

LATERAL MOVE REQUESTS TO 0321, RECONNAISSANCE MARINE ARE BEINGACCEPTED BY HQMC (MMEA-6) VIA CPMS, NAVAL MESSAGE, OR NAVMC10842 PER MCO P1040.31G. REQUESTS FOR LATERAL MOVES WILL BEACCEPTED IN TWO PHASES. THE FIRST PHASE 27 MAR 97 THROUGH 15MAY 97 WILL BE FOR THOSE MARINES CURRENTLY SERVING INRECONNAISSANCE BILLETS; (BILLET/ ADDITIONAL MOS'S 0321, 8652,8653, AND 8654). THE SECOND PHASE, 16 MAY 97 THROUGH 15 JUNE 97WILL BE FOR THOSE MARINES CURRENTLY POSSESSING AN ADDITIONAL0321, 8652, 8653, OR 8654 MOS AND PRESENTLY NOT SERVING IN ARECONNAISSANCE BILLET. ALL PACKAGES MUST BE RECEIVED BY THISHEADQUARTERS NLT 15 JUNE 97. MARINES WILL BE SELECTED FORLATERAL MOVE TO PMOS 0321 UPON DETERMINATION OF THE FINAL MOSREQUIREMENTS FROM THE GRADE ADJUSTMENT RECAPITULATION (GAR) INMAY 97. PREREQUISITES ARE IDENTIFIED BELOW:
(1) GT SCORE OF 110 (WAIVERABLE FOR MARINES WHO CURRENTLY HAVE0321 SECONDARY)
(2) MUST POSSESS A 1ST CLASS SWIMMER QUALIFICATION
(3) 1ST CLASS PFT
(4) NORMAL COLOR VISION
(5) NEAR NORMAL VISUAL ACUITY PER COMNAVMEDCOM
(6) MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN
(7) MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR A SECRET CLEARANCE
(8) MINIMUM 24 MONTHS OBLIGATED SERVICE REMAINING OR AGREE TOEXTEND OR REENLIST TO MEET REQUIREMENT.
FINAL APPROVAL WILL BE MADE BY HQMC (MMEA-82) AND BASED ON THEBEST QUALIFIED MARINE WITHIN YEARS OF SERVICE AND GRADEREQUIREMENTS ESTABLISHED BY MPP-20. APPROPRIATE MARINE CORPSTOTAL FORCE SYSTEMS (MCTFS) ENTRIES WILL BE MADE BY MMEA-5 NLT30 JUNE 97. PERSONNEL ACCEPTED FOR LATERAL MOVES WILL PCS/PCAORDERS BASED UPON THE NEEDS OF THE MARINE CORPS.

3. MOS 0321 WILL BE ASSIGNED AS A PRIMARY MOS. MOS'S 8652,8653, 8654 WILL BE ASSIGNED AS ADDITIONAL MOS.

4. THE MOS MANUAL HAS BEEN REVISED TO IDENTIFY THE MOSREQUIREMENTS OF 0321 AS IDENTIFIED IN PARA 2 ABOVE.

5. AFTER INITIAL PERIOD DESCRIBED IN PARA 1, THE 0321 PRIMARYMOS WILL BE AWARDED TO DESIGNATED MARINES AFTER COMPLETION OFTHE BASIC RECONNAISSANCE COURSE (BRC) AT EWTGLANT/PAC. PARENTCOMMANDS WILL MAKE APPROPRIATE MCTFS ENTRIES UPON COMPLETION OFTHE BRC AFTER 1 JULY 97. RESERVE MARINES WILL ATTEND OJT ATRESERVE SITES AND WILL THEN BE EVALUATED BY EWTGLANT/PAC FORAWARDING OF THE MOS. IN EXTREME CASES COMMANDERS CAN REQUESTWAIVER OF SCHOOL ATTENDANCE FOR MARINES FROM HQMC, PP&O, POE-29.

6. BEGINNING ON 1 OCT 97 (FY98), THE ENTRY LEVEL TRAINING TRACKFOR PMOS 0321 WILL BE; MCRD, 0321 SCREENING AT THE SCHOOL OFINFANTRY'S (SOI), BASIC INFANTRY COURSE AT INFANTRY TRAININGBATTALION (ITB), AND THEN BRC AT EWTGLANT/PAC.

7. HQMC POC'S MAJ R. L. POLLARD (POE-29) DSN 224-5832 AND MAJK. A. CERNY (MMEA-82) DSN 224-5057.
</DL></PRE>

justsomeguy
2nd November 2005, 23:29

Yeah - but did you have a choice - soldier??? Or did you Special Forces freaks just do it to see how much pain you could bear??

its only 2.8 km man... cmon!!!

Apologies for the hijack HT

Sounds a bit chilly thou...

Not sure if I'd be let out in public in my speedos anyways... public indecency and all that.

justsomeguy
2nd November 2005, 23:35
Fuckin hell......

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/marines/a/reconselection.htm

mstriumph
3rd November 2005, 00:19
Two of the good guys on the Auckland bike scene, that make the effort and go that bit extra.There are others, but Dallas and Mike are right up there. Both highly recomended. Cheers guys :niceone:

wish we had people like that over here ----- only one place in Perth i would recommend

Brian d marge
3rd November 2005, 00:20
and unmotivated staff.

Who tend to read KB when they should be dilligently working :2thumbsup ( not me of course!!!)
But yeah ...its a no brainer ...I fully understand about cost of bike shops ,,,and , as I have said before since I have been living here ,,,I have learned so much about how to treat customers ,,,( basically I is crap compared to my wife ,,who is a natural ,,)

But for example a stuffed clutch ....the plates are 800 yen each ...and the springs are about 300 each ..THE WORST CASE bodgy hammer happy job to make that clutch work ,,,is a couple of washers ,,,,,and 15 min of the mechanics time ,,,,,,...So what was they guy thinking ..... They dont deserve to be in business ...

This weekend I was at the races and noticed something which for me sums up Japan and customer service .....a wash basin with a mirror ,,,and all clean and delightful to use ,,,,( will post a picture when I get home ,,,I am errrrr sort of at eeerrrrrr work at the moment )

The thing being it was in the middle of the MX field ,,,next to the track ....LOTS of toilets , clean to ... why ??? MX roughty toughty blokes dont need a mirror ,,,or wash their hands ....NO ,,,but their wives do .......

Thats the small things that we like when we go to a shop ,,,Not a cup of coffee from a vending machine ....but the cookie ,,,which is obviously the salesmans last one ,,, genuinely offered .....
The chance to just call in and chat about bikes/watch a bike race on TV ....ask advice from the mechanic .......with the boss steering the ship and leaving the crew to operate the boat

Ive ranted again havent I ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:shutup:

and one day If I stumble upon the magic formula ..to make a bike shop pay without charging ....silly money for a simple service ,.....I will do just that ...

Stephen

SARGE
3rd November 2005, 06:31
Who tend to read KB when they should be dilligently working :2thumbsup ( not me of course!!!)

Thats the small things that we like when we go to a shop ,,,Not a cup of coffee from a vending machine ....but the cookie ,,,which is obviously the salesmans last one ,,, genuinely offered .....
The chance to just call in and chat about bikes/watch a bike race on TV ....ask advice from the mechanic .......with the boss steering the ship and leaving the crew to operate the boat

Coleman's is good like that .. we are pretty autonomous in the Sales dept.. we have the killer coffee maker for a reason. i try to keep some lollies and Nurophen at the desk with me in case its needed ( Right Mack?) and i am hardly ever too busy to at least say hi to a previous customer.

ya gotta build a relationship, not just sell a bike

SixPackBack
3rd November 2005, 06:55
Colemans or Mt Eden M/C it is then:2thumbsup Good on you Dallas[Sarge] and Mike for your stellar service.

Lou Girardin
3rd November 2005, 07:21
They can sell you one bike and make a few hundred dollars or they can sell you twenty bikes and make a few thousand dollars.

Some people are so stupid I wonder how they stay solvent.

That's true to a point. But if you don't make a profit on each sale you won't be around to sell a thousand bikes.
I've got to say that Mark at Colemans is also good to deal with. I know they are competition in selling bikes, but we do different brands so a few kudos don't go astray.

SARGE
3rd November 2005, 07:22
OK how bout instruct then??

sure JSG.. i will train you.. just need a few things:
signed release form
emergency contact/ next of kin information
elbow/knee/neck braces
full face crash helmet
St. Johns on standby

DMNTD
3rd November 2005, 07:25
...We ended up heading over to see Sarge (Dallas) at Coleman Suzuki who had both me and hubby sitting and testing bikes in a flash. He was interested, funny, makes the best cup of coffee and most of all was paitent and sincere!...

Yep gotta say Dallas can "make" a good cuppa for sure. Certainly looked after this bloke and I even wangled a pen,yes a pen,into the deal...could even say he gave me the shirt off his back too(serious) :whistle:
It's all about the service in my opinion. Had a laugh,scored a bike.:niceone:

SARGE
3rd November 2005, 07:26
That's true to a point. But if you don't make a profit on each sale you won't be around to sell a thousand bikes.
I've got to say that Mark at Colemans is also good to deal with. I know they are competition in selling bikes, but we do different brands so a few kudos don't go astray.

thanks Lou.. very nice of you to say that. we have met several times in the past and if i was in the market for bits for my HD's i would definatly come see you.

Mark is a top boss.. he makes it very easy to sell bikes, and insists on a certain level of customer service.

can you guys feel the love in here?? :love:

James Deuce
3rd November 2005, 07:28
sure JSG.. i will train you.. just need a few things:

signed release form
emergency contact/ next of kin information
elbow/knee/neck braces
full face crash helmet
St. Johns on standby

Lookout JSG, he's going to sit on you!!

Then you'll be the world's flattest Indian!!

SARGE
3rd November 2005, 07:30
Then you'll be the world's flattest Indian!!

have ya seen him Jim??...

he already is.. :nya:

The Panther
3rd November 2005, 08:26
I would like to give a big thanks to the guys at Mt Eden Motorcycles as well. Great bunch of guys with excellent service. Three of us guys from Tauranga came up and all purchased bikes on the same day. Chris gave us a great deal, and had them all ready for us to pick up the following Thursday.

I also have to say there after sales service is fantastic, especially Matt in the workshop who came all the way to Tauranga on Labour weekend to fix one of the bikes that had a minor problem. When the problem continued, they brought the ute down, picked up the bike, got them problems sorted and brought it all the way back.

Cheers again for the great service, this kind of stuff goes along way. Will definatly be calling in again when we ride up to Auckland to more gear!

Lou Girardin
3rd November 2005, 09:01
thanks Lou.. very nice of you to say that. we have met several times in the past and if i was in the market for bits for my HD's i would definatly come see you.

Mark is a top boss.. he makes it very easy to sell bikes, and insists on a certain level of customer service.

can you guys feel the love in here?? :love:

Yeah well, now I'm getting nauseous.

SARGE
3rd November 2005, 09:24
Yeah well, now I'm getting nauseous.

been riding pillion with Dover??

SPman
3rd November 2005, 09:32
I've also had real good service from Haldanes. (Chris, Richard and the lads)
Often its down to personal relationships with the staff or owners. There are 3 shops in Auckland I would happily deal with - often its down to the deal on the day and how everything stacks up. I at least try and spread my ancillary purchases around the shops that I feel good about and feel, try to provide a good service...so, even if they dont get a bike sale, they keep people in the loop. Coz one day - you never know.........

vifferman
3rd November 2005, 09:46
Congrats on the new bikes! Good choices.:niceone:
Hope you both really enjoy them and have trouble-free motorcycling.
There's heaps of info out there in Interdweeb land on both of those bike models, so there's lots of help available for you.

We went down to the local (where we have introduced many of our friends to over the last year or so and most of our business)...the service from the manager was crap and put the sales dude (who tried his best) in a no win situation.

I said to hubby that was the last strike (yes same place that had me pissed off a month ago) and f**k it (and them), I only wanted to deal with people that know about service and who I could trust. Why spend serious cash with a place that are a bunch of cocks! (not all of them granted, actually one or two are really nice, but not the one who makes the decisions!!! or sets the service standard).
It sounds like you don't want to name names, or slag the dealer off, but if they're that bad, maybe you should at least provide enough hints that the KB 'family' knows who to steer clear of.

inlinefour
3rd November 2005, 11:50
there are shyte salepersons everywhere. I brought my bike new and the local was a total wanker. Went up the food chain a bit when getting back to NZ and they are organising a newer motor at their cost to put in the bike. Have even given me a demo ltd ed 600cc gsxr to ride. Im rather happy about it now and will have to stop calling my bike the lemon and is the idiot that I brought if from thats the lemon...

SARGE
3rd November 2005, 16:30
I've also had real good service from Haldanes. (Chris, Richard and the lads)
Often its down to personal relationships with the staff or owners. There are 3 shops in Auckland I would happily deal with - often its down to the deal on the day and how everything stacks up. I at least try and spread my ancillary purchases around the shops that I feel good about and feel, try to provide a good service...so, even if they dont get a bike sale, they keep people in the loop. Coz one day - you never know.........

you're needing a new Suzuki, arent you SP? :devil2:

heavenly.talker
3rd November 2005, 17:05
Are you ready for the second installment of the story?...

Well grab a beer, sit back and undo the clasp of your jeans (no not for that you sicko...but to get comfortable ;-).

Off I toddled to work this morning...so love the transit lane on Onewa Rd!

I get some messages from hubby throughout the day saying that there is some bad news.

Dallas has phoned Suzuki (we were there after close of day last night) and there are no more new V-strom 1000's to be distributed in New Zealand until the 8th of Jan (by which time we will be half way through the South Island tour).

No problem he (Dallas) thought...there is another way! He then phoned all the national Suzuki dealerships to find out if someone had one on their showroom floor. There were two. YAY!!!

A black one in Christchurch and a blue one somewhere in the south too. However...Neither shop was willing to give them up or help him out and told Dallas (not his words here) to basically sod off!!!

Way to generate good relations between shops huh! NOT!

Hubby was sad :weep: in fact absolutely gutted probably is more truthful... :bye:

Dallas was absolutely gutted for us too and decided then and there that he would take one for the team (flexible he proved too ;-)to get hubby on a bike that he loved!

So Hubby went in to Coleman's again today, partook of the coffee and took nearly every bike they had in the range of his interest for a ride.

He ended up signing up to a bike that he had ridden and really liked yesterday. Coleman's really sharpened their pencil and added some very nice extras! :niceone:
I'm particularly pleased about the fantastic money deal (must be the business woman in me)...Dallas you went beyond the call of duty :banana: :2thumbsup :grouphug: on this one and wore a hole in the lino coming and going between us and the bosses office to get us everything you could :niceone: :not: :not: :niceone:

We really appreicate you going into bat for us and ensuring we were happy. Service?... f**king surperb service mate!

Don't feel bad about the strom...we were there after hours last night so we couldn't confirm the availability anyhow. What we have ended up with is a cracker deal (not just in terms of money and value but in terms of an ongoing relationship too).

Putting it simply...YOU ROCK!!!!!!!

Thanks SO much.

Can't wait to pick our new lovelies up on Saturday :-)
Make sure you keep that coffee warm ;-) because we will be seeing you soon.

P.S. Your bike insurance sure looks like a great deal! Looking forward to seeing the figures soon.

Cheers

James Deuce
3rd November 2005, 17:11
So what'd he get??

heavenly.talker
3rd November 2005, 17:11
Coleman's is good like that .. we are pretty autonomous in the Sales dept.. we have the killer coffee maker for a reason. i try to keep some lollies and Nurophen at the desk with me in case its needed ( Right Mack?) and i am hardly ever too busy to at least say hi to a previous customer.

You had lollies???????????

Well...meese and you gotta talk!
lol

heavenly.talker
3rd November 2005, 17:18
It sounds like you don't want to name names, or slag the dealer off, but if they're that bad, maybe you should at least provide enough hints that the KB 'family' knows who to steer clear of.

Well we live on the North Shore so something over here is the local...!

DMNTD
3rd November 2005, 17:20
You had lollies???????????

Well...meese and you gotta talk!
lol

Hehehe...I got lollies out him :whistle:

heavenly.talker
3rd November 2005, 17:20
So what'd he get??

1200 Bandit with a full Yoshi kit...

and she's red mate...just like a fire engine! lol!

James Deuce
3rd November 2005, 17:21
Nice. Good thing it's not yellow or white like an ambulance, or WT would have to run away from him.

heavenly.talker
3rd November 2005, 17:23

Skite!!!! lol
Going off to the bottom of the garden to eat worms.

DMNTD
3rd November 2005, 17:29
Skite!!!! lol
Going off to the bottom of the garden to eat worms.
Awwwwwwwww....come on then I'll share :doctor:

heavenly.talker
3rd November 2005, 17:38
Awwwwwwwww....come on then I'll share :doctor:

Well have to say I'm a bit of a lollie conniseur...it will all really depend on what you got left...none of those balck jellybeans please!

Now I'm just being a brat...my Mum taught me better than that...

Thanks for your kind offer sir :-)...but...

as above lol!

P.S. Directions to the bottom of the garden.

Turn right at the 5th yellow rose bush,
left at the Minature Palm,
over the chess board,
through the glowworm grotto,
only enter the fairy ring after circling it 3 times counter clockwise
and then tap 7 times on the 5th stone from the left in the ring.
Can't get any more clearer than that otherwise I would be breaking the code!!!

jrandom
3rd November 2005, 17:40
I know they are competition in selling bikes...

but you certainly stand alone when it comes to fine assortments of little fake-diamond earrings shaped like the HD logo.

I still can't believe people buy those things.

metric
3rd November 2005, 17:42
I would like to give a big thanks to the guys at Mt Eden Motorcycles as well. Great bunch of guys with excellent service. Three of us guys from Tauranga came up and all purchased bikes on the same day. Chris gave us a great deal, and had them all ready for us to pick up the following Thursday.

I also have to say there after sales service is fantastic, especially Matt in the workshop who came all the way to Tauranga on Labour weekend to fix one of the bikes that had a minor problem. When the problem continued, they brought the ute down, picked up the bike, got them problems sorted and brought it all the way back.

Cheers again for the great service, this kind of stuff goes along way. Will definatly be calling in again when we ride up to Auckland to more gear!

yeah man.... I totally agree

Had my bike for about a month, bought it from Chris and Mike at Mt Eden motorcycles... got it for under $3k with new tyres - had a few teething problems like clutch and lights not working, but Ricky (mechanic) is a legend... everything sorted, super quick... good team of mechanics there... will recommend them to anyone... and will definitely be back to buy my next bike from there too...

really liked how they were quite patient with me (obvious n00b) - as Trinity Roots say... "It's the little things"

heavenly.talker
3rd November 2005, 17:45
really liked how they were quite patient with me (obvious n00b) - as Trinity Roots say... "It's the little things"

SO TRUE!!!!

And the big things are great too :niceone: :sunny:

Unit
3rd November 2005, 17:53
"HAH! Sales guy doesn't know shit!" is essentially what he said.
Why would a boss employ someone who doesnt know shit? Amusing to say the least. Dallas sold us the TL and was fun to deal with, made it a very pleasurable experience. Good on you Dallas, great to see you have the KB support, you've obviously earned it.

Toast
3rd November 2005, 17:58

hahaha...I can actually believe the thanks to the parole board :niceone:

And you sold me a Kawi Dallas, still loving it 8 months and 15,000kms later too mate :niceone:

I can vouch for both these peeps too...Dallas, in selling me a bike, and Mike, who' sold me an exhaust and coupla other bits. I'd definitely wanna deal with this lot again. Cheers boys :niceone:

Toast
3rd November 2005, 18:31
Well we live on the North Shore so something over here is the local...!

Gee I can barely fathom a thought as to whom it may be...hmmm...

heavenly.talker
3rd November 2005, 18:35
Gee I can barely fathom a thought as to whom it may be...hmmm...

Yip... you'd have to be a rocket scientist huh!!
:whistle:

justsomeguy
3rd November 2005, 18:37

SARGE you discriminating bastard -- where's my lollies??

I hate you:argh:

Macktheknife
3rd November 2005, 18:53

Yeah man you gotta watch out for that sarge guy, lollies and drugs in his desk..... ya know???? Want a sweetie??????

Mind you they are good drugs! they took care of my headache ok.
Seriously tho, excellent service and good sense of humour.
Made the buying experience a pleasure and felt like I was looked after well. :drinkup: no beer tho! lol :drinkup:

heavenly.talker
3rd November 2005, 19:18
P.S. Forgot to post another part of the story.

The dreaded local again...

They phoned hubby to see if he was still going to buy the bike today.

When he said ah...no!

They hung up on him...he didn't even get the chance to say why!!!!

But to be fair...the person that we have the most respect for there and that we often share a bevy with at the pub (who is now working out his notice) phoned us this evening to see how we are going.

We will be following this person to their new job too!

SARGE
3rd November 2005, 21:17
SARGE you discriminating bastard -- where's my lollies??

I hate you:argh:

i HAD a bowl of choc covered coffee beans on my desk at the start of the week.. 2 days later they were all gone *twitch*.. donno WHERE they all went..*twitch*

sAsLEX
3rd November 2005, 22:51
i HAD a bowl of choc covered coffee beans on my desk at the start of the week

sounds like your the man to see about getting a new bike, shame about the following facts
1. the new R6 looks mint
2. A touch poor at the mo

2 days later they were all gone *twitch*.. donno WHERE they all went..*twitch*

weight loss over now?

SARGE
3rd November 2005, 23:16
sounds like your the man to see about getting a new bike, shame about the following facts
1. the new R6 looks mint

wait till ya see the new Gixxer 600 in March.. :headbang: dunno if i trust the new Yammie "Fly-by-wire" technology yet..looks trick as shit but what happens if you cook a servo in mid-mono?

weight loss over now?

nope **NEWS FLASH** down from 110 a month ago to 99 yesterday morning..

nice thing about the choc covered coffee beans is the cafeen(sp) ramps up your metabolism and counteracts the calories in the chocolate !!!! ( thats my theory and im gonna stick with it.. :whistle: )

(doing the Viaduct-Devonport swim shortly.. will keep you informed.. just need to figure out how to keep the Cigar lit...)

no beer tho! lol :drinkup:

you need to be there at 4 pm most Friday's.. :devil2:.. i'll be the one carrying the large coffee cup :whistle:.. its Apple Juice .. i SWEAR

sAsLEX
3rd November 2005, 23:26
wait till ya see the new Gixxer 600 in March.. :headbang: dunno if i trust the new Yammie "Fly-by-wire" technology yet..looks trick as shit but what happens if you cook a servo in mid-mono?

nope **NEWS FLASH** down from 110 a month ago to 99 yesterday morning..

Doing my degree in Computer Systems, ie that sort of shit, and suprised why more things aint fly by wire actually.

Prob design something like that with an auto wheelie function, add a gyro and tilt sensor press the magic button and up comes the front stopping at the perfect 12 oclock and lowering back down gently!

oh and was only taking the piss about the weight thing, dont want no ex recon after me!

SARGE
3rd November 2005, 23:30
oh and was only taking the piss about the weight thing, dont want no ex recon after me!

mate .. no such thing as "EX"-Recon.. i still keep my wings and SEAL tab on my desk here at home in a case.. a bit plumper than 20+ years ago but still have the heart of a grizzley bear

sAsLEX
3rd November 2005, 23:34
mate .. no such thing as "EX"-Recon.. i still keep my wings and SEAL tab on my desk here at home in a case.. a bit plumper than 20+ years ago but still have the heart of a grizzley bear

just had a look and I think I can afford all the bolt on for a K6 600 http://www.suzukicycles.com/Accessories/list.aspx?modelId=e84d53ba-1ecc-45f3-b722-a6acc3fbe2fa&accessoryCategoryId=a4cf57c5-8016-499c-bec7-c7595610d3e4

Could start in small steps lol

SARGE
3rd November 2005, 23:44
just had a look and I think I can afford all the bolt on for a K6 600 http://www.suzukicycles.com/Accessories/list.aspx?modelId=e84d53ba-1ecc-45f3-b722-a6acc3fbe2fa&accessoryCategoryId=a4cf57c5-8016-499c-bec7-c7595610d3e4

Could start in small steps lol

i can slap a few GSXR600 stickers and hog out the exhaust of an 88 GN for ya..

i wont tell if you dont..

(those prices are in US$ by the way.. might want to save up a bit longer...)

sAsLEX
3rd November 2005, 23:56
(those prices are in US$ by the way.. might want to save up a bit longer...)

I did relise that!

Or could just wait for the us dollar to keep falling!

SARGE
3rd November 2005, 23:59
I did relise that!

Or could just wait for the us dollar to keep falling!

dont remind me .. i got here when it was .38..thought " i'll just hang on to the proceeds of selling my houses in the US till it hits .30 .. then i'll cash in.."

that was $1/2 million ago.. :argh:

HenryDorsetCase
4th November 2005, 07:35
Hmm.. The boss. The place I got my bike from, the sales guy was good. Friendly, helpful, we haggled in a reasonable fashion. Any problems I had, he sorted. He let me re-learn how to ride a bike in a car park for nearly an hour.

look its probably waaay too late for this now but please all, be aware of the Consumer Guarantees Act: you have a warranty that something will be fit for its purpose, it cant be contracted out of, and its really powerful.

seriously if something major like the clutch craps itself, you have every right to demand it be fixed.

I helped a guy out with a mountainbike frame a while back: supposedly no warranty (its for RACING,dude) but if the linkage is poked and unfixable (manufacturing flaw) then its repair or replace time, obviously.

You will also be pleased to know that bad service doesnt just happen in Auckland. and the paragon of it down here happens to be the local Honda and Ducati agent :crybaby: (my experience)

Lou Girardin
4th November 2005, 07:49
So Sarge, just to keep the momentum going here.
Are you going to air freight my Bandit in just to keep me happy? Or repaint the Stripey one in a colour of my choice?

SARGE
4th November 2005, 07:56
So Sarge, just to keep the momentum going here.
Are you going to air freight my Bandit in just to keep me happy? Or repaint the Stripey one in a colour of my choice?

funny enough... the black bandits are in the same box as the DL1000's.. tried to get Mack on one of those ..they just cant manufacture enough of the DL's and Bandits to keep up with worldwide demand ( and Gixxers .. and ...:done:)

wish it was like Yamaha and the demand wasnt as high :whistle:

Beemer
4th November 2005, 13:52
Is Sarge the same Dallas who was at Red Baron when we were there in March? If so, I'd agree with the comments about him being extra helpful - he even gave us the contact name of his mate who had a restaurant cruise business in the Bay of Islands where we went on our honeymoon!

I was going to go back that Friday to test a bike but he sold it during the week - AND he rang me to tell me that so I wouldn't waste my time heading back there. If he'd had something I really wanted, I wouldn't have had any hesitation buying from him even though we live in Levin.

I will tell anyone and everyone if I have good service and I will continue to patronise that business - likewise, if I have bad service, I ensure the business knows all about it and I also tell everyone about my experience. When will businesses realise this?

We went to Thunderbike in Nelson and they were so friendly and welcoming the minute we walked in the door. Unlike the dealer out by the port where a salesman was getting a bollocking when we arrived. Not only was that unprofessional to do in front of customers, but the salesman then scowled at us and wouldn't speak!

jrandom
4th November 2005, 14:02
Doing my degree in Computer Systems, ie that sort of shit, and suprised why more things aint fly by wire actually.

the main reason for *that* is that there are wise heads running the automotive engineering outfits who don't want to let the reckless and feckless likes of you anywhere near systems that can control whether someone lives or dies.

a few years out in industry building really groovy fly-by-wire things and watching them fail in unexpectedly interesting ways will calm you down a lot about that concept, believe me.

when it comes to automotive machinery, just give me a lever and a place to stand...

SARGE
4th November 2005, 14:03
Is Sarge the same Dallas who was at Red Baron when we were there in March? If so, I'd agree with the comments about him being extra helpful - he even gave us the contact name of his mate who had a restaurant cruise business in the Bay of Islands where we went on our honeymoon!

I was going to go back that Friday to test a bike but he sold it during the week - AND he rang me to tell me that so I wouldn't waste my time heading back there. If he'd had something I really wanted, I wouldn't have had any hesitation buying from him even though we live in Levin.

hey Beemer.. i remember you now ( yes Same Dallas)
..did you hit the cruise?

crashe
4th November 2005, 14:05
Is Sarge the same Dallas who was at Red Baron when we were there in March? If so, I'd agree with the comments about him being extra helpful

Yep thats the same SARGE (Dallas) who is now at Coleman's. :spudwave:

Who BTW has never offered me any lollies or cups of tea/hot chocolate when I pop in to say hello... ( I ain't allowed to drink coffee)

We all have to shuffle outside so he can have his smoke or three....... :rofl:

SARGE
4th November 2005, 14:09
Yep thats the same SARGE (Dallas) who is now at Coleman's. :spudwave:

Who BTW has never offered me any lollies or cups of tea/hot chocolate when I pop in to say hello... ( I ain't allowed to drink coffee)

We all have to shuffle outside so he can have his smoke or three....... :rofl:

gosh Crashe..

maybe its cuz you never BUY Anything.... :whistle:

hehehe

crashe
4th November 2005, 14:12
gosh Crashe..

maybe its cuz you never BUY Anything.... :whistle:

hehehe

But I am looking..... :rofl: :spudwave: :spudwave:

And all your bikes in there are too tall for me....

Lou Girardin
4th November 2005, 14:16
when it comes to automotive machinery, just give me a lever and a place to stand...

And you'll move the world?

jrandom
4th November 2005, 14:17
And you'll move the world?

you want me to make it move for you, too?

Lou Girardin
4th November 2005, 14:30
you want me to make it move for you, too?

What?
You'll use my lever?

jrandom
4th November 2005, 14:31
What?
You'll use my lever?

does it move?

SARGE
4th November 2005, 14:43
does it move?

oh FFS you two.. get a room :love:

Lou Girardin
4th November 2005, 15:11
At the moment I'd like to say yes.......................but, no.

Stop watching Sarge, ya perv.

Beemer
4th November 2005, 15:50
hey Beemer.. i remember you now ( yes Same Dallas)
..did you hit the cruise?

Once met, never forgotten eh, Sarge! We planned on catching the dinner cruise but went to visit some relatives in Paihia and by the time we'd finished yapping the cruise had left - boo hoo! So we went to Esmae's Restaurant instead - great food, even if the view wasn't so good!

SARGE
4th November 2005, 16:21
Once met, never forgotten eh, Sarge!

yes ma'am.. :niceone:

FROSTY
4th November 2005, 16:52
There is a bike shop in Auckland I will never buy a bike from as long as the sun shines down. I bought my second bike from this establishment and i was a dumb ass teenager. 24 hours after buying it the chain came off smashing the chain cover. 3 days later the gearshift oil seal blew off throwing oil all over the back tyre and leaving me sitting on my ass on the ground.
The owner of said bikeshop was in his ute with a half loaded trailer and was forced to stop due to the carnage caused by 2.5 ltrs of oil dumped out of my bikes crankcase. I sked him to pickup the bike -"nahhh mate bring it to us on monday morning we might have a look at it" was his reaction.
I got home at 3am the next morning.
Said owner has no memory of this but I do OHHH YES C########T I do

Kickaha
4th November 2005, 16:53

Throttle on the new Toyota Hilux is fly by wire and so are some Prado

Ixion
4th November 2005, 17:19
Alfa is fly by wire. To be honest, I can't tell any difference.

heavenly.talker
4th November 2005, 17:45
Well you wouldn't bloody believe it if it didn't come from the horse's mouth...

Yes there is more to the story (so get prepared to fall off your seat laughing).

Today I get a real concerned phonecall from hubby who tells me that his bike is already to go and that Mt Eden motorcycles have phoned him re: the magna and it is now vinned etc.

They discovered a wee oopsie during this process though. The bike is apparently 5 years older than it was sold as. This came as a shock to the shop and to us!

laughing...obviously it is no where worth what the original deal was. Mike from Mt Eden has been very helpful (can't believe that this has happened) and promptly offered our money back. This guy is straight up and I appreciate his honesty on this matter...even though it has turned to custard for both them and us.

So where does this leave us now? On the hunt for a new bike for me again!
Cor blimely!!! this was the last scenario of how I was going to spend tomorrow!

Back to beating the bike shop treads tomorrow morning :-) Oh well test rides are fun :mellow:

That's not the end of it though. I get a phone call from Dallas today re the 800 marauder in his shop that he is keen to get me fitted on.

He is killing himself laughing and wouldn't have believed it if he hadn't seen it himself...but...
after 2 days of it sitting there on its stand with no one touching it the thing just leans over and bins it by itself...Totally true on this. Hubby reckons this could in smypathy to Dovers bike...who knows...or maybe because Dover walked past it the other day lol
The upshot is now it has a wee crease in the tank.

What a freaky thing to happen huh!

Maybe the gods are telling me not to buy yet as the perfect bike is still in the works?

What do you reckon?

Keep you posted on how the hunt goes tomorrow.

Cheers :crybaby:

SARGE
4th November 2005, 21:05
They discovered a wee oopsie during this process though. The bike is apparently 5 years older than it was sold as. This came as a shock to the shop and to us!

laughing...obviously it is no where worth what the original deal was. Mike from Mt Eden has been very helpful (can't believe that this has happened) and promptly offered our money back. This guy is straight up and I appreciate his honesty on this matter...even though it has turned to custard for both them and us.

importing bikes can be a tricky business.. you have to trust your supplier, or get 3rd party certification of the year and the odometer. also helps if, when you land it you get it vinned right out of the assembly process before you offer it for sale to be sure you are offering the correct goods to your customer.

That's not the end of it though. I get a phone call from Dallas today re the 800 marauder in his shop that he is keen to get me fitted on.

He is killing himself laughing and wouldn't have believed it if he hadn't seen it himself...but...
after 2 days of it sitting there on its stand with no one touching it the thing just leans over and bins it by itself...Totally true on this. Hubby reckons this could in smypathy to Dovers bike...who knows...or maybe because Dover walked past it the other day lol
The upshot is now it has a wee crease in the tank.

What a freaky thing to happen huh!

i have never seen that happen.. no one was within 2 metres of that bike for DAYS.. maybe the Marauder and the M50 were trying to mate to make some type of freaky 1600 CC musclebike with classic lines.. maybe its a polterguist.. maybe a teeny earthquake?

Maybe the gods are telling me not to buy yet as the perfect bike is still in the works?

hmmm... could be?

curious george
4th November 2005, 21:39
The bike is apparently 5 years older than it was sold as.....
obviously it is no where worth what the original deal was....
So where does this leave us now?
What did I miss? Mt Eden had the bike you wanted, but because it's older than you thought, you don't want it anymore?
Why not make them a new offer based on what it's really worth?
Should be a lot cheaper by all accounts.....
Eith way, it's turning into quite a saga isn't it?
Best of luck!

heavenly.talker
4th November 2005, 21:56
What did I miss? Mt Eden had the bike you wanted, but because it's older than you thought, you don't want it anymore?
Why not make them a new offer based on what it's really worth?
Should be a lot cheaper by all accounts.....
Eith way, it's turning into quite a saga isn't it?
Best of luck!

Hey George

Thanks for the kind thoughts :-) Saga is a very apt description!!

And thanks for the good advice on the offer...
I think the problem here is that the bike is now worth less on the market than what it owes them so they can't come down any further.
They have been burnt by their suppliers and now have been put in the position of being bent over and receiving it both ends!!! :crybaby:

That said I would still be keen (keen...I would be turning cartwheels) if it was the same terms at the new realistic market price. However realise that this is probably going to be impossible.

I do have total faith and respect for Mike at Mt. Eden though and know if it's possible he will try to work something out. He's dead straight on the straight and narrow and I know he wouldn't try and screw me. He is as disappointed and pissed off at the whole thing as we are.

Who knows after a night's sleep they might be able to jiggle it some (yes please) but I don't want to get my hopes up again on a slim to none possibility.

Will keep you posted to what happens next (better than the scripted soap operas on TV ) Keeps you laughing otherwise you'd cry... :crybaby: lol! :sunny:

Lou Girardin
5th November 2005, 07:53
They have to weigh their chances on finding someone to pay OTT for it, or cut their losses and give it to you for market value. Then it raises the issue of the mileage being realistic for it's new age.

SPman
5th November 2005, 08:14
Mileage - smileage....a friend bought an 87 FZR250 back in '98 - had 5000k on the clock - we were more worried about lack of use and any problems inherent in that,than incorect mileage.
Mileage seemed genuine - has since done another 65,000 K.
People get a liitle to anal about mileage, sometimes.

curious george
5th November 2005, 11:54
They have to weigh their chances on finding someone to pay OTT for it, or cut their losses and give it to you for market value.
I Agree.
Unless they have some comeback on whoever sold them the bike, they are gonna be stuck with a bike that's gotta be sold to someone, somehow.
Might as well be you :drinkup:

heavenly.talker
5th November 2005, 14:42
I Agree.
Unless they have some comeback on whoever sold them the bike, they are gonna be stuck with a bike that's gotta be sold to someone, somehow.
Might as well be you :drinkup:

Went in today...
They made me their best possible offer but I don't think it's worth that as I would get spanked on the re-sale.

I came up significantly from where I thought was fair but it just couldn't happen.

Bum *sulking*

I went and looked around some shops to see what else was out there.

One shop I walked around and sat on bikes for 10 mins...they didn't come out of the office.

Another, were very friendly but everything was too tall.

Yet another shop I walked around for 5-10 mins and sat on their bikes and they didn't come over either.

Good news is that I just sold my bike...so money is not soooo tight now...bad news I no longer have a ride as I thought I would be picking up the new one today.

Totally bummed that hubby and friends have gone out riding and left me at home sifting through bike point ads in the vain hope something might have escaped my attention.

Phoned one shop and they don't even have stock of what they are advertising on bike point at present. Aghhhh!

Phark me...I think it's all come a little too much for me to comtemplate this avo!@

I'll be back when I've eaten some chocolate lol!

Make sure you tune in next time when Kim...rofl

SARGE
5th November 2005, 17:02
Went in today...
They made me their best possible offer but I don't think it's worth that as I would get spanked on the re-sale.

I came up significantly from where I thought was fair but it just couldn't happen.

Bum *sulking*

I went and looked around some shops to see what else was out there.

One shop I walked around and sat on bikes for 10 mins...they didn't come out of the office.

Another, were very friendly but everything was too tall.

Yet another shop I walked around for 5-10 mins and sat on their bikes and they didn't come over either.

Good news is that I just sold my bike...so money is not soooo tight now...bad news I no longer have a ride as I thought I would be picking up the new one today.

Totally bummed that hubby and friends have gone out riding and left me at home sifting through bike point ads in the vain hope something might have escaped my attention.

Phoned one shop and they don't even have stock of what they are advertising on bike point at present. Aghhhh!

Phark me...I think it's all come a little too much for me to comtemplate this avo!@

I'll be back when I've eaten some chocolate lol!

Make sure you tune in next time when Kim...rofl

the right one is out there ..
we will get ya there Kimmie..

(you should name the places that wouldnt come out of the office ... wouldnt want customers to interrupt thier coffee breaks....)

heavenly.talker
5th November 2005, 17:29

(you should name the places that wouldnt come out of the office ... wouldnt want customers to interrupt thier coffee breaks....)

Sarge you are worth your weight in gold alone with that sense of humour :lol: :lol:

Enjoy your weekend and hope your head is feeling better. :drinkup:

I know you will be keeping an eye out for me :killingme Still laughing over that one now :whistle:

Cibby
8th November 2005, 12:44
been riding pillion with Dover??

in dovers defense, he rides like a nana with a pillion on the back...

Which is good actually...

heavenly.talker
9th November 2005, 18:16
I have been down and out about the lack of a suitable bike since I found out about the rego oops last Friday... (see previous posts).

During this time I have driven hubby nuts by constantly discussing the pros and cons of buying a bike above market value and seesawing from the logical no deal side of my brain to the yes I have already bonded with the bike emotional side.

I have stayed home while me laddie and mates have gone out for rides and generally been a pain in the arse.

Enuf!!!! I thought to myself tonight...the deciding factor came down to the likelihood of me being able to buy another Magna of this model before Christmas and taking the risk that this one wouldn't be sold.

Hubby said, he said that the bike is way to expensive but at the end of day was willing to get it as long I was happy...

I have been umming and ahhing until tonight I came to a decision.

I phoned Mike and Mt Eden's and said I would be picking the Magna up tomorrow.

I'm really happy that I now have the bike I love and that I haven't missed out (man I would have been gutted if they had sold it in the meantime).

This was probably a major driver as hubby and I went and looked at another Magna way back and while we were discussing whether to go for it or not it sold!!!

I have decided to focus on all the great things about the deal and ignore the market value thing and therefore I'll deal with the losing money on the resale when I get to reselling it in 3-5 years.

Woo hoo, I'm free to ride once again...blowing the cobwebs out on my bike is one of my favourite forms of stress release.

Just like to take the opportunity to say thanks to Dallas for all his effort during this time :-) You rock...if you had of had a Magna I would have brought it from you!!!!

Cheers and I'll let you know how it all goes
K

James Deuce
10th November 2005, 12:27
Ahh well, you've defintely proved you're insane enough to ride a motorcycle!

The_Dover
10th November 2005, 13:13
Sarge you are worth your weight in gold alone with that sense of humour :lol: :lol:

I dunno....that's a fuckin lotta gold....:shake:

SARGE
10th November 2005, 13:29
I dunno....that's a fuckin lotta gold....:shake:

im at 99 today..

remind me how much YOU weigh again?

The_Dover
10th November 2005, 13:41
im at 99 today..

remind me how much YOU weigh again?

96kg, err remind me how tall you are again??

And look at where it's packaged.....

But good on you for persevering mate, shifting it is a lot more fuckin difficult than storing it. A bit like trying to sell your stash up north.....

SARGE
10th November 2005, 14:03
And look at where it's packaged.....

youve seen my 40 kg head right ???:blink:

Lou Girardin
10th November 2005, 15:44
I doubt that I'd love a bike that much.
But then I'm a cynical old sod, so what do I know?

heavenly.talker
10th November 2005, 17:28

Well thank you kind sir...I'm honoured :yes: :yes: :lol:

heavenly.talker
10th November 2005, 17:30
I doubt that I'd love a bike that much.
But then I'm a cynical old sod, so what do I know?

Probably forgotten more than I could ever hope to learn!:lol: :lol:

Lou Girardin
11th November 2005, 07:24
Probably forgotten more than I could ever hope to learn!:lol: :lol:
I forget what I have for breakfast.

The_Dover
11th November 2005, 07:43

At your age I would hope it includes a lot of prunes and bran.........:motu:

SARGE
11th November 2005, 08:17
At your age I would hope it includes a lot of prunes and bran.........:motu:
\

ahhh.. the old Dover wit..

i hope you smarten up so you can live this long bro..

i got $20 says you dont make 40 :doh:

terbang
11th November 2005, 08:40
Had the same experience in Christchurch a few years ago Wandered into Eric Wood motorcycles with the intention to buy a new bike (I aint a snappy dresser either). The sales guy was laconic, made me feel like a dummy and unaware that my pocket was bulging with cash and that I knew what I wanted. Went down to European motorcycles and a fellow called Robin ..(cant remember his second name)? was absolutely awesome and even came up with a better deal. Walked out without bulging pockets and picked my new bike up the next day. Had countless services and also brought a lot of accessories there as a result of being treated as an equal and with simple, basic respect. It didn't take much to make the difference.

The_Dover
11th November 2005, 08:40
\

ahhh.. the old Dover wit..

i hope you smarten up so you can live this long bro..

i got $20 says you dont make 40 :doh:

I got $20 that says I don't really give a fuck!!

So long as the time I'm here is well spent then when my number is called, so be it. I believe in fate and I'll accept mine when it comes.:shake:

Maybe when I have family and kids that will change but for the moment it's hedonism all the way:doobey:

James Deuce
11th November 2005, 09:13
There's Jerry Garcia hedonism, and then there's the hedonism that drives you to live life to the full.

Try to avoid The Garcia Way.

The_Dover
11th November 2005, 09:23
Yeah, I try to avoid too much in the way of chemically enhanced hedonism...although lucidity is overrated!!

Having a fucked arm sucks cos I can barely drum at the moment!

James Deuce
11th November 2005, 09:26
Yeah, I try to avoid too much in the way of chemically enhanced hedonism...although lucidity is overrated!!

Having a fucked arm sucks cos I can barely drum at the moment!

Work on your foot technique man. I picked up heaps of double pedal technique when I broke my wrist.

The_Dover
11th November 2005, 09:41
I haven't got a double pedal at the moment and I like to think my right peg is fairly well trained, although you can never improve too much!

I had a 20 min bash last night and endured the pain, was going mad, and it wasn't too bad as long as I didn't try to get around the kit too much. I'd probably benefit more from just sitting and working on the finesse of my stick control and practising a few rudiments but I'm an impatient bugger and like to rock out.

What gear are you playing on at the mo?

James Deuce
11th November 2005, 09:50
I haven't got a double pedal at the moment and I like to think my right peg is fairly well trained, although you can never improve too much!

I had a 20 min bash last night and endured the pain, was going mad, and it wasn't too bad as long as I didn't try to get around the kit too much. I'd probably benefit more from just sitting and working on the finesse of my stick control and practising a few rudiments but I'm an impatient bugger and like to rock out.

What gear are you playing on at the mo?

Here's a challenge for you. Don;t use the buggered hand at all, play the hi-hat part with your left foot, and do all your fills Mudvayne style, between your bass drum and good hand.

I've got a DW Collectors with a D'Amico Bass Drum riser, and Zildjian cymbals from a bunch of lines and Pacific, Premier, and Pearl snares.

ISN'T THIS THE COOLEST HIJACK EVER!

The_Dover
11th November 2005, 09:58
Nice gear, I've just shipped my Premier Artist Maple kit over from the UK and I'm getting back into it after a 3.5 year break.

I'll give it a go without the left arm, sometimes play that way when I'm having a ciggie anyway!

WRT
11th November 2005, 10:33
Are we gonna have to start calling you Rick Allen?

The_Dover
11th November 2005, 10:41
Are we gonna have to start calling you Rick Allen?

Watch it sunshine, I can still throw a punch with my right arm! (Just like Rick Allen when his missus was back chatting him!!)

I'd like to think I still exhibit a little more funk than the one armed tub thumper in question...

James Deuce
11th November 2005, 11:06
Don't worry Dover, lots of people mistake Rik Allen for a drummer. He's actually a bass player that got confused.

heavenly.talker
11th November 2005, 14:36

er...I think that was the cat's pyjamas?? :banana:

heavenly.talker
11th November 2005, 14:51
Picked up Black Betty yesterday and went for a nice twilight night ride.

Ooooooooohhhhhhh yeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!

So love her!

She is the bestest bike I have ever had! yahoo.

The acceleration in 2nd and 3rd is awesome!
I am a very happy camper:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Thanks to Sarge for sorting me out with insurance...great rate!
Thanks to Mike for selling me the bike.

Look forward to seeing you all out on the road.
Cheers

crashe
11th November 2005, 15:00
Good to see you have finally got your own bike now...:banana: :banana:

Have fun out there on her... and ride safe.:2thumbsup

heavenly.talker
11th November 2005, 15:10
Good to see you have finally got your own bike now...:banana: :banana:

Have fun out there on her... and ride safe.:2thumbsup

Thanks Crashe :-)

I'm totally thrilled, ahhh now I can start accessorizing it :yes: :spudbn:

crashe
11th November 2005, 15:14
Thanks Crashe :-)

I'm totally thrilled, ahhh now I can start accessorizing it :yes: :spudbn:

Cool mate.... what are you gonna put/add on?

I'm just waiting to take my bike in to get her front brake done...
Just waiting for the courier to deliver the part...
it should be about 4.30pm... (kerry at Motohaus)
Then I will go for a wee ride... she has been gathering dust today.

heavenly.talker
11th November 2005, 15:18
Cool mate.... what are you gonna put/add on?

I'm just waiting to take my bike in to get her front brake done...
Just waiting for the courier to deliver the part...
it should be about 4.30pm... (kerry at Motohaus)
Then I will go for a wee ride... she has been gathering dust today.

Yeah Hubby has just arrived so we will ride tonight too :-)

I'm wanting a nice screen for the bike, some saddle bag supports, a new knob for the tripometer (just for starters) lol!.

crashe
11th November 2005, 15:22
Yeah Hubby has just arrived so we will ride tonight too :-)

I'm wanting a nice screen for the bike, some saddle bag supports, a new knob for the tripometer (just for starters) lol!.

Yeah I want to try out a screen on my bike...
It was suggested to me to try one...

So I am hoping that I can twist a certain lady's arm to borrow her screen for a couple of days or at least for a ride..... Yep we both have Virago's.. and she doesnt ride her bike that often.

I just want to see what the difference is... after riding my bike for over 5 years without one...

heavenly.talker
11th November 2005, 15:26
I heard it stops that being sucked off the back of the bike sensation when you get above 135?

I figured it might give a smoother ride when we do the South Island.

crashe
11th November 2005, 15:41
cool...

Just gonna ring Kerry and see if the brake pads have arrived in... then I am off there...

Edit: Farkin courier still hadnt delivered them by 4.30pm...

Have to ring back later....

heavenly.talker
11th November 2005, 16:52
cool...

Just gonna ring Kerry and see if the brake pads have arrived in... then I am off there...

Edit: Farkin courier still hadnt delivered them by 4.30pm...

Have to ring back later....

Grrr

Nothing worse than being excited waiting for something and the courier did not deliver.

crashe
11th November 2005, 16:54
Yep I gotta ring back at 6pm now...

I am gonna be so friggen P*ssed off with the courier company...if it doesnt arrive tonight. Cos then I will have to wait til Monday morning.... for them to be delivered.
Its a ONE DAY delivery service as well.

heavenly.talker
11th November 2005, 16:55
Yep I gotta ring back at 6pm now...

I am gonna be so friggen P*ssed off with the courier company...
Its a ONE DAY delivery service as well.

Good of Kerry to stay open late to see if they come...
Have they had any news on the break in yet?

crashe
11th November 2005, 17:00
Good of Kerry to stay open late to see if they come...
Have they had any news on the break in yet?

Just rung Kerry...

Nope the brake pads haven't arrived.... FUCKEN COURIER company...
This was a one day serive delivery as well...

If they should arrive before he leaves tonight.. which he now doubts they will turn up... he will ring me... then it will be a sprint over to him.
I am so pissed off with the courier company....

heavenly.talker
11th November 2005, 17:01
Only one thing for it...
Copious amounts of alcohol!

heavenly.talker
11th November 2005, 17:02
Only one thing for it...

crashe
11th November 2005, 17:06
Only one thing for it...

At least I can still ride my bike... but very carefully trying not to use the front brakes... The back brakes are fine.... but I prefer to have a good set on both... so unless they show up tomorrow morning, then I am not going anywhere far.......

Mattyc
11th November 2005, 17:48

Amen to this !!! Good on Ya Sarge

Name them i say !!! i was in the market for a bike a wee while ago and i have to Say both Sarge at Colemans and Mike and Callum from mt eden were sooo helpful and friendly, i didnt end up buying a bike from them cause they didnt have the bike i was looking for at the time, but i would go back there as a first stop next time.

I visited a lot of shops and must admit if a sales person didnt talk to me within about 2 mins, id just walk out.

SARGE
11th November 2005, 17:53
Amen to this !!! Good on Ya Sarge

Name them i say !!! i was in the market for a bike a wee while ago and i have to Say both Sarge at Colemans and Mike and Callum from mt eden were sooo helpful and friendly, i didnt end up buying a bike from them cause they didnt have the bike i was looking for at the time, but i would go back there as a first stop next time.

I visited a lot of shops and must admit if a sales person didnt talk to me within about 2 mins, id just walk out.

HT told me which shops they were.. but its not my place to name them, but i must say im not shocked..

Mattyc
11th November 2005, 17:56
Nice gear, I've just shipped my Premier Artist Maple kit over from the UK and I'm getting back into it after a 3.5 year break.

I'll give it a go without the left arm, sometimes play that way when I'm having a ciggie anyway!

The drummer from def lepard's only got one arm...The drummer from def lepard's only got one arm...The drummer from def lepard's only got one arm...The drummer from def lepard's only got one arrrrrrrrrrrmmmm

The_Dover
11th November 2005, 18:00
Well, I'd suspect AMPS is one of them.

Went in there today, my third visit in the last year or so, and got the treatment I expected. Salesmen sitting yapping to each other and not acknowledging me (or my companion) at all. I don't expect to be harassed but I do expect to be approached and asked if I require any assistance. Or did I not look like I was gonna spend enough money for their taste?

No offence to Big Dave or Lou who I know are associated with the aformentioned establishment but I've got to give it to your salesmen. They're pretty fuckin useless and this was their third chance to impress me!

Oh well, if I wanted to shell out on a Sprint ST then I guess Aucklands other Trumpet dealer would be seeing my ugly mug and bank details.

Mattyc
11th November 2005, 18:03

Yip, that was one of the ones i went into and witnessed the same thing, i departed after not being acknowledged after 2 mins

SARGE
11th November 2005, 18:03
!

Oh well, if I wanted to shell out on a Sprint ST then I guess Aucklands other Trumpet dealer would be seeing my ugly mug and bank details.

giving up on the fast bikes then?

( i've already got your #3 sticker in my desk... :whistle:

The_Dover
11th November 2005, 18:07
Nah, probably not but I wanted to have a look and maybe a ride before I definitely ruled it out.

However, you know how much of a hard on I have for my thou....can you see me riding another machine? (Unless I HAVE to!!)

SARGE
11th November 2005, 18:20
Nah, probably not but I wanted to have a look and maybe a ride before I definitely ruled it out.

However, you know how much of a hard on I have for my thou....can you see me riding another machine? (Unless I HAVE to!!)

mate .. the new 750's and 600 are looking MIGHTY tasty.. got some gloss at work i'll show you tomorrow.. *drool*

might have to look at a 750 weekender for myself..

and yes.. i saw the imprint of the hardon, embedded into the tank of Victim #1

The_Dover
11th November 2005, 18:31
Yeah, but I'd have to wait until they actually get to these shores. The fuckin sail boat from Japan is a bit slow with the new machinery!! I'd have to check them out though!!

Macktheknife
11th November 2005, 18:34
That man has certainly earned a beer!
:drinknsin :drinknsin

heavenly.talker
11th November 2005, 18:41
You mean to tell me that the dent tank of the wreck was actually caused by something other than the accident???? lol!

Keep that quiet...I mean I know the insurance accessor paid out on the account but to believe that that huge dent was an imprint of something else...not even!!!

And no don't have first hand knowledge but going on the other post (not size of the pencil...but how you write your name) rofl

Lou Girardin
14th November 2005, 14:02

Went in there today, my third visit in the last year or so, and got the treatment I expected. Salesmen sitting yapping to each other and not acknowledging me (or my companion) at all. I don't expect to be harassed but I do expect to be approached and asked if I require any assistance. Or did I not look like I was gonna spend enough money for their taste?

No offence to Big Dave or Lou who I know are associated with the aformentioned establishment but I've got to give it to your salesmen. They're pretty fuckin useless and this was their third chance to impress me!

I've got to say I'm surprised. Are you sure they were salesmen? We were down two last week and seeing all the staff wear the same kit it might have been parts and accessories guys. Why didn't you come and say hello anyway?

2 mins is a bit harsh MattyC, what if they were all with customers? I try to speak to people wandering around the showroom but it's not always possible. I've had to wait longer than that in some shops, if I'm in a hurry I call back later.

The_Dover
14th November 2005, 14:24
I hate to say it Lou but it's not the first time I've received that sort of lack of service in AMPS and I did wrestle with my conscience over naming and shaming but I was not alone, the shop was all but empty and I have spoken to probably a dozen other people that have had exactly the same experience.

It's a bloody shame because both Dave and yourself who are associated with the place seem like bloody decent blokes, with a sound understanding of customer service.

If the place was busy, sure, I'll come back but 3 times it's been empty, maybe I'm just not their type!!

Dazza
14th November 2005, 14:48
Well I've had nothing but excellent service from Ray and the Team @ AMPS,have had to get grumpy once but they've seen me right,I've spent alot of time there (getting bikes serviced) and I know of one salesman that certainly works hard for his coin so I wouldn't call him useless.:2thumbsup

Lou Girardin
14th November 2005, 15:19
I hate to say it Lou but it's not the first time I've received that sort of lack of service in AMPS and I did wrestle with my conscience over naming and shaming but I was not alone, the shop was all but empty and I have spoken to probably a dozen other people that have had exactly the same experience.

It's a bloody shame because both Dave and yourself who are associated with the place seem like bloody decent blokes, with a sound understanding of customer service.

If the place was busy, sure, I'll come back but 3 times it's been empty, maybe I'm just not their type!!

I'll certainly pass that on to Ray.
But having seen the way those guys chase after customers I'm surprised.
Bugger!

boomer
14th November 2005, 16:45
i 'spose its all down to situation and circumstances really.

I've just switched camps to Honda this side of the shore after pissing $$$ and time down the drain. Don't get me wrong all the places i've been in have friendly guys willing to yarn and maybe take some of your dollars but when you have to have your head bearings done 4 times in a row and wait over 5 months for some replacement rotors you know someones taking the piss..even a fukwit like me can cotton onto that one.

If i pay for something i expect to get it. So far so good at Amps.

CPB
18th November 2005, 12:56
yeah man.... I totally agree

Had my bike for about a month, bought it from Chris and Mike at Mt Eden motorcycles... got it for under $3k with new tyres - had a few teething problems like clutch and lights not working, but Ricky (mechanic) is a legend... everything sorted, super quick... good team of mechanics there... will recommend them to anyone... and will definitely be back to buy my next bike from there too...

jeeeeeeeeeeeez, sounds like I need to head North to get the service and skills that one would expect...Hamilvegas crew not up to the task...my bike has been getting repaired/painted since Feb when the claim was approved...just went back last night for its third paint job, hair and grit showing through...and front fork check after the intital off in December...complained to the Manager, Suzuki NZ etc, without much joy really...I'm not naming names as all I want is the fucking bike fixed...it now turns out I have to go back to the Insurance company as the technician didn't suss out all of the bikes problems prior to the Insurance assessor signing off on the job, pretty crap service from a Shop with huge rep...:angry: