PDA

View Full Version : rent a bike ????

duckman
17th February 2004, 11:49
Is anyone out there in motorcycle land willing to rent out their bike for two weeks ??

I have friend who wants to join me on my little jaunt to the south island but when he rang around asking for rental prices he was quoted $200 per day!! :moon:

He's a good rider and would insure the bike and could pay for the rental. Something like $60 per day ??

a 600cc or bigger would be prefered.

I know this is unlikely but I thought I'd give it a go. :innocent:

duckman
17th February 2004, 13:03
o.k. o.k. How about $65 a day ?? :bleh:

Motoracer
17th February 2004, 13:57
Why not try to find a 91-92 CBR 600 or similar for about 3000 and then sell it after the 2 weeks. It used to be possilbe but I am not sure about the current bike market prices.

Hey Duckman, a bit off topic but I just forgot to tell you that I spoke to AMCC about the go kart track hire for the learners training day. The dude there said that they don't have anything to do with them or have any idea about the prices. So today I am going to call the secretary of the Kart club to find out the info. I'll PM you the details later on as I get them.

duckman
17th February 2004, 14:00
Why not try to find a 91-92 CBR 600 or similar for about 3000 and then sell it after the 2 weeks. It used to be possilbe but I am not sure about the current bike market prices.

Hey Duckman, a bit off topic but I just forgot to tell you that I spoke to AMCC about the go kart track hire for the learners training day. The dude there said that they don't have anything to do with them or have any idea about the prices. So today I am going to call the secretary of the Kart club to find out the info. I'll PM you the details later on as I get them.

My mate basically has about $1000.00 to spend so renting is his only real option. But thanks for the suggestion.

I look forward to hearing from you about the track. :eek:

moko
17th February 2004, 18:50
Dont know if this helps but Te Waipounamu motorcycle tours in Auckland are pretty reasonable.Only got last years price list but a GSX750 or Bandit is about $130 a day,dearer than he`s budgetted for but that includes all taxes and insurance,which if he`s going to get on someone else`s bike wont be cheap anyway.Price also includes riding gear and all their bikes have hard luggage.They used to do cheaper deals on a couple of older bikes they had,GSX1100 Suzi for example.Good guys,saw me right when I turned up jet-lagged and not happy that the XT600 I`d reserved was off the road,ended up with a BMW R1100GS for the same rental charge,that gesture cost them $80 a day rental fees,Brit company would have given me my money back,said goodbye and thought they`d done me a big favour.Failing that always worth ringing around the hire places,tell them how much money he`s got and see if they`ve got anything they`ll let go cheap rather than have sitting around in the workshop,if you dont ask you`ll never know.

duckman
18th February 2004, 08:13
Dont know if this helps but Te Waipounamu motorcycle tours in Auckland are pretty reasonable.Only got last years price list but a GSX750 or Bandit is about $130 a day,dearer than he`s budgetted for but that includes all taxes and insurance,which if he`s going to get on someone else`s bike wont be cheap anyway.Price also includes riding gear and all their bikes have hard luggage.They used to do cheaper deals on a couple of older bikes they had,GSX1100 Suzi for example.Good guys,saw me right when I turned up jet-lagged and not happy that the XT600 I`d reserved was off the road,ended up with a BMW R1100GS for the same rental charge,that gesture cost them $80 a day rental fees,Brit company would have given me my money back,said goodbye and thought they`d done me a big favour.Failing that always worth ringing around the hire places,tell them how much money he`s got and see if they`ve got anything they`ll let go cheap rather than have sitting around in the workshop,if you dont ask you`ll never know.
Cheers Moko,

I'll check them out now. :niceone: