PDA

View Full Version : v-twins ride to Paeroa

SpankMe
17th February 2004, 14:42
Would any litre class v-twins like to join a SV, TL and a VTR for the ride to Paeroa?

Meeting at Shell Greenlane, next to the Greenlane on/off ramp at 0930. We don't like getting up too early in the morning, which is why we're not heading down with the earlier risers.

duckman
17th February 2004, 14:48
oh oh oh oh oh oh pick me... pick me!!!! i wanna I wanna !!! :stoogie:

See you guys there then eh ??!?!? :eek: :eek:

jrandom
17th February 2004, 14:57
Litre-class v twins, eh?

Wot we *really* need is a rideout for teacup-class thumpers.

Yamahamaman
17th February 2004, 20:57
Would any litre class v-twins like to join a SV, TL and a VTR for the ride to Paeroa?
I see. Segregation now huh. :Pokey:

Drunken Monkey
18th February 2004, 08:47
Yeah, that ain't fair...where does that leave us 4-bangers that can't handle getting up early on a Sunday??? (Or am I the only person who is still asleep at 9am on a Sunday?)

Anyone else in Auckland wanting to go to BOS on Sunday that don't ride V2's and don't want to be up at sunrise on a Sunday? I'm thinking of a "Lie in 'till late" group...

Failing that, I might just bungy cord another muffler on the other side of my gixxer and stick big "TL1000" decals on it and shadow Spanq's group from a distance... :laugh:

duckman
18th February 2004, 08:54
Awwww - Spankme perhaps this should be opened to all "late starters" before you have a riot on you hands!!! :bleh: :bleh:

SpankMe
18th February 2004, 09:09
Yep, anyone who wants to turn up, can. Just so long as they can keep up.

But if the weathers shit, I'm staying in bed. :sleep:

duckman
18th February 2004, 09:11
Yep, anyone who wants to turn up, can. Just so long as they can keep up.

YEA, Thats what I like to see... DEDICATION!!!! :D

Drunken Monkey
18th February 2004, 09:23

too bloody right!

Motoracer
18th February 2004, 09:57
What the heck are you guys on about?? If the weather is shit there will be more excitment on the track. Not as fast but you can surely spectate a few close calls and not to mention some spills as well. At the same time however, I don't want anyone to fall over and get hurt but its inevitable (how bad depends on the poor bugger's luck).

georgedubyabush
18th February 2004, 15:06
Showers slowly clearing and some sunny periods developing later on Friday with strong to gale cool southwesterlies decreasing slowly.
Strong westerlies rising to near gale force again on Saturday with mostly cloudy skies and scattered showers, but a period of heavier rain during the evening.

Showers clearing but mostly cloudy skies remaining on Sunday with fresh westerlies.

seems ok but not great.

duckman
18th February 2004, 15:12
Peh -it'll be fine and sunny!! I never trust those bafoons at the weather centre!! :bleh:

White trash
18th February 2004, 15:54
What the heck are you guys on about?? If the weather is shit there will be more excitment on the track. Not as fast but you can surely spectate a few close calls and not to mention some spills as well. At the same time however, I don't want anyone to fall over and get hurt but its inevitable (how bad depends on the poor bugger's luck).

If it rains its worth going to watch "The People's Hero" teaching the big bikes on his 600 in the invitation races :finger:

Man's a demon in the wet, who went to Wanga-Vegas on Boxing Day?

What?
18th February 2004, 18:05
It has never rained for Paeroa yet (12 years). Let's hope the pattern continues... :sunny: :sweatdrop :beer:

wari
18th February 2004, 18:58
If it rains its worth going to watch "The People's Hero" teaching the big bikes on his 600 in the invitation races :finger:

Wasnt in Wanga ... but saw the racing on tv ... was shit hot. :doobey:

130wide
18th February 2004, 20:10
It has never rained for Paeroa yet (12 years). Let's hope the pattern continues... You never know, Tony Rees isn't racing for the first time in 11 years??????? :angry:

LB
19th February 2004, 04:52

Hi there - yep, Johann was magic at Wanganui. Does he need a brolly girl on Sunday? I'll bring my body paint just in case (y'know, like Haga used to have....)

LB
19th February 2004, 04:53
You never know, Tony Rees isn't racing for the first time in 11 years??????? :angry:
Not taking anything at all away from the other riders, but it just won't be the same without Tony.

Are you going Rich?

White trash
19th February 2004, 10:37
Hi there - yep, Johann was magic at Wanganui. Does he need a brolly girl on Sunday? I'll bring my body paint just in case (y'know, like Haga used to have....)

Do it! He'll love you for it.

Coldkiwi
19th February 2004, 11:50
along with most of the crowd!