PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing new gear

Skytwr
3rd November 2005, 16:32
Greetings all, Just got bake on to a bike and need to get a full set of gear again. Have looked at the Cordura gear, Light weight with the padding and protection. Have found some at a company called lifestyle imports in pukekohe, any one had any dealings with them? gear looks good but looks like it is a new company.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Zapf
3rd November 2005, 19:06
Hello,
Leather will always have the best protection... for a while to come yet... and they say... when buying a helmet think about how much your head is worth to you and buy accordingly.

Cheers

XTC
3rd November 2005, 19:08
I bought some leather pants off rick at Lifestyle just recently. Sells from home in Pukekawa. Very good quality and price was right. Go out and see him and try some gear on. You got his number?

justsomeguy
3rd November 2005, 19:10
... when buying a helmet think about how much your head is worth to you and buy accordingly.

You can buy internal organs, but not external organs.... so yeah - might as well spend the money on good gear - that covers you from head to toe.

M1CRO
3rd November 2005, 19:11
I bought some leather pants off rick at Lifestyle just recently. Sells from home in Pukekawa. Very good quality and price was right. Go out and see him and try some gear on. You got his number?

I too have bought stuff from Rick.. Would recommend him.. Nice guy and doesnt pressure you. Even offered to sit on his bike to feel how the gear goes (as I was in the cage at the time) :niceone:

Phenoix
3rd November 2005, 20:49
Im also looking for new gear as my current set is looking a bit worse of than I am now, can you PM me his number

M1CRO
3rd November 2005, 21:00
Im also looking for new gear as my current set is looking a bit worse of than I am now, can you PM me his number

PM sent to Phenoix :done:

Gremlin
3rd November 2005, 23:50
What about our fellow KB'er?? The humped purveyor of all clothing bike related??

Just got my gloves from him, seem bloody nice. Look up Quasievil :niceone:

Skytwr
4th November 2005, 07:13
Thanks, I have got his number and have had a look at his web site. all good. was just abit worried as the gear looked good but being a new company was worried about come back if the gear broke.
he is the website Address for those who want it.

http://www.lifestyle-imports.co.nz/

Lou Girardin
4th November 2005, 07:15
Shop around bike shops too. There's some good deals going at present. Also consider back-up if there are problems. The cheapest deal isn't always the best.
I won't get into the textile v leather debate, except to say buy textile. (Unless you're gay, that is) :dodge:

Hammer
4th November 2005, 21:06
Nothing wrong with Rick's service down at Lifestyle. Nice guy as well.

SARGE
4th November 2005, 21:18
Shop around bike shops too. There's some good deals going at present. Also consider back-up if there are problems. The cheapest deal isn't always the best.
I won't get into the textile v leather debate, except to say buy textile. (Unless you're gay, that is) :dodge:

leather is wrong for the NZ conditions as daily wear.. not waterproof, gets heavy when wet and stays wet for DAYS afterwards..most leather doesnt breath properly, which ends up making you smell like a wet dog too

great in a bin, but good textile stuff with the right armor is as good if not better and costs WAY less. it dries in a day or so in the hot water closet and dont get all stiff like leather in those conditions also breaths better and most have a removable lining and vents for summer use

Zapf
5th November 2005, 03:04
leather outside... water proof breathable textile inside ok... :psst:

XTC
5th November 2005, 06:57
Rick pretty much is my local shop. Unless you're looking for farm wear the puke shops don't stock much in the way of clothing. As for the leather vs textile debate - get both - I have. But beware as alot of the cheaper textile clothing IS NOT WATER PROOF or not for long! As i found out from experience. But my gay yellow pvc rain pants ARE WATERPROOF. So there.

Lou Girardin
5th November 2005, 07:46
leather outside... water proof breathable textile inside ok... :psst:

And thank you Michelin Man.

Zapf
5th November 2005, 13:43
And thank you Michelin Man.

lol... no problems ok... (bounce bounce bounce...) guess I get Michelin tires free? :whistle:

Skytwr
8th November 2005, 20:03
Went and saw Rick at Lifestyle imports and got a good deal on pants jacket and gloves. Yes i arrived in the cage but sat on his bike to ensure a good fit.
very good service and price.

thanks for the feedback

XTC
10th November 2005, 07:38
Where's the photo of you in your new kit??